If we are carebears what are lost city players?

Comments

• Mua - Lost City
    Mua - Lost City Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    bobzilla21 wrote: »
    1. How do they KS you if you're not doing PvP?
    2. 2 words: anger management.

1. Not gonna respond to that, you need to learn what KSing is.
    2. You fail at understanding the difference between anger and sarcasm.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    sorry, was thinking of PKing, I edited it.
    I edited 30 minutes ago, how long did you spend on that response?
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • average
    average Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I've found that only a select few PvP server enthusiasts (The ones who for the sake of their e-peen HAVE to run down people who play on PvE servers) are a really loud and annoying minority. In truth, they probably are better then people who play on PvE servers. Sadly, they are better PLAYERS, rarely better people. Because they have no life outside of their souped up PC playing an MMORPG (this doesn't apply to PWI, this applies to any other MMO out there, either free-to-play or monthly fee) they have to rundown the people who aren't as skilled as they are AT A COMPUTER GAME.

So, if we're looking to strike back at hardc0r3 ub3r 1337 dudz on PvP servers, I say go with the word they can't stand being called:

n00bs

As for myself, I don't find being called a "carebear" all that offensive. Probably because I have life outside of computer games.
    Not responsible for missing drops/loot because YOU didn't pick YOURS up.
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Let us meet in person, and then discuss bravery and what not.

Lost City players have more energy and motivation for the game because they lack any such initiatives in their lives outside. Read my list above.

If you're at your computer telling somebody there a loser for being at there computer because they are better than you at what ever you're doing at your computer you are an absolute loser.
    andyboi wrote: »
    And those who take pride in being in a pvp server and thinks that they are better than those who are not? Keyboard warriors they are.
    Well they are better. Who cares? Seems like you guys do.

average wrote: »
    I've found that only a select few PvP server enthusiasts (The ones who for the sake of their e-peen HAVE to run down people who play on PvE servers) are a really loud and annoying minority. In truth, they probably are better then people who play on PvE servers. Sadly, they are better PLAYERS, rarely better people. Because they have no life outside of their souped up PC playing an MMORPG (this doesn't apply to PWI, this applies to any other MMO out there, either free-to-play or monthly fee) they have to rundown the people who aren't as skilled as they are AT A COMPUTER GAME.

So, if we're looking to strike back at hardc0r3 ub3r 1337 dudz on PvP servers, I say go with the word they can't stand being called:

n00bs

As for myself, I don't find being called a "carebear" all that offensive. Probably because I have life outside of computer games.
    Just because you suck at something doesn't mean the person who out does you at it has 'no-life'.

Btw, the amount of text you wrote there tells me you have a little to much time on your hands, maybe you should go outside and stop caring so much.

Sorry you guys all just blow. In all honesty this game isn't that hard. Sorry the big e-bullies from the other server that you will never see hurt your feelings, need a free hug?
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    sorry, was thinking of PKing, I edited it.
    I edited 30 minutes ago, how long did you spend on that response?

I'm on a wifi connection, nuff said. Don't worry though, I have a diabolical plan to steal all the money carebears dont spend on dolls and hieros and use it to upgrade my internet.
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Btw, the amount of text you wrote there tells me you have a little to much time on your hands, maybe you should go outside and stop caring so much.
    You call that a lot of text? Do you type by guiding a weighted snail towards the letter on your keyboard with candy or something?
  • whysoserious
    whysoserious Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Why be bothered by people who can't touch you?
    Carebear does not mean unskilled. I would say I could hold my own on LC and HT and SANC or whichever you call it, it just depends on the player behind the character. As for Carebears, sure. Ill call Some of HT carebears, but I am not one of them.
  • Cat - Heavens Tear
    Cat - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    ark wrote: »
    Lost City players are the norm on which names and skill is based on. PvE server players are generally lower in self-confidence/bravery(wtf?), so they are "worse". Thus, they must be labelled by the superiors in a derrogatory term. It's the way humanity works.

I tend to find it the opposite. The people who play on pve servers generally dont lack self confidence. Hence why they play on pve. Their game and game enjoyment doesnt revolve around whose killing who and whose more l33T.. They just play the game and dont need to prove anything to anyone.

There are of course exceptions to both sides of this. But the main thing I see all the time is if come on LC disagrees with you first thing they say.. Come try that on the pvp server, or come say that over here, or some other random babble that implies that the only way they can prove themselves on a game is by killing you or something else.

Only thing I have seen stand out on every mmorpg I have played is that the more people pk the more the immaturity lvl goes up. I have seen people who I thought were mature and cool, get into a pk battle and suddenly its like 2 10 year olds going at it on a playground. 1 hour later they acting like normal again. Its actually kinda of funny to watch, but it does get old.

As far as what to call them just call them carebears back. The name itself was made up and only giving meaning by the person calling it. Im sure back in the 60s or whenever carebears were invented they didnt think 40 years in the future it would be used as an insult on the internet. So call them w/e you want the word only means the defination you put behind it lol.

I GOT IT!! Lets keep in the scheme of things and just call them CabbagePatch Kids lol....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada

Didn't anyone tell you that you wanted to sleep with me?!?! I thought you knew....
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    lmfao to carebears(<---opps..mistyped), I hv neva thought we LC playas pissed them off so bad b:chuckle

We nvr look down on u people on PvE server, it just ur guys' unconsious self-acceptance of being inferiror to us.
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    mecurial wrote: »
    lmfao to carebears(<---opps..mistyped), I hv neva thought we LC playas pissed them off so bad b:chuckle

We nvr look down on u people on PvE server, it just ur guys' unconsious self-acceptance of being inferiror to us.

No actually some of us do look down on them. Playing without open PVP must suck **** and a lot of us couldn't imagine life on their servers. How boring must it be to not be able to kill your enemies on sight? >.>
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • average
    average Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    No actually some of us do look down on them. Playing without open PVP must suck **** and a lot of us couldn't imagine life on their servers. How boring must it be to not be able to kill your enemies on sight? >.>

We could say pretty much the exact same thing, just different wording.

How can you honestly enjoy the game when you never know there's a person or people hovering around behind terrain features ready to jump you and destroy you in about ten seconds?

As for the answer, I'm gonna answer my own question:
    Simply put, THAT'S WHY YOU ENJOY THE GAME. There's something about the unpredictability of the PvP server that you enjoy. And you know what? That's cool. I can't argue with that. We all have our own personalities, likes and dislikes. Personally? I don't like the worry of getting attacked at a moment's notice. But if you like that? Hey! Go for it! It's how you want to play the game.

Does that make me an inferior player? If we're taking about in game skill, I would put money on it that I am a crappier player then you are. Yes, I haven't been playing as long as you have, but let's hypothetically put us on having played the game for an even time. Chances are, you'd still kick my ****. Fighting players is different then fighting mobs. A mob has a pre-programmed AI that is replicated for every mob that is created. A player has a human intelligence and thinking power that is different and more complex then that of a mob, and differs from person to person. As such, that creates a harder opponent. Having to face that constantly makes you a better player.

As for the name calling, I couldn't care if you called me a carebear or a crappier/inferior player. Firstly, I don't find the former insulting, and what's so insulting about something I acknowledge?

So you go and play on the PvP server. That's what you find fun, that's how you enjoy the game, and that's what you like. I'll go and play on the PvE server. That's what I find fun, that's how I enjoy the game, and that's what I like.

Edit: And as for a name for people who play on the PvP server?
    How about "People (or person) who play(s) on the PvP server"?
    Not responsible for missing drops/loot because YOU didn't pick YOURS up.
  • mecurial
    edited January 2009
    average wrote: »

Does that make me an inferior player? If we're taking about in game skill, I would put money on it that I am a crappier player then you are. Yes, I haven't been playing as long as you have, but let's hypothetically put us on having played the game for an even time. Chances are, you'd still kick my ****. Fighting players is different then fighting mobs. A mob has a pre-programmed AI that is replicated for every mob that is created. A player has a human intelligence and thinking power that is different and more complex then that of a mob, and differs from person to person. As such, that creates a harder opponent. Having to face that constantly makes you a better player.

As for the name calling, I couldn't care if you called me a carebear or a crappier/inferior player. Firstly, I don't find the former insulting, and what's so insulting about something I acknowledge?

So you go and play on the PvP server. That's what you find fun, that's how you enjoy the game, and that's what you like. I'll go and play on the PvE server. That's what I find fun, that's how I enjoy the game, and that's what I like.

Edit: And as for a name for people who play on the PvP server?
    How about "People (or person) who play(s) on the PvP server"?

Stereotypes...
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2009
    Oh damn, might need to learn some respect and not make enemies, that would be freaking unbearable. :O
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Oh damn, might need to learn some respect and not make enemies, that would be freaking unbearable. :O

OMG good idea! All the big TW guilds should make peace and always be friendly all the time and have teaparties and do RP here and there.. now why haven't we thought of that before? Hm....
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Sonnestark - Heavens Tear
    Sonnestark - Heavens Tear Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Mua, most play games to enjoy themselves. And to many of us on the non-pvp servers, stress is not conducive to enjoyment. Personally, I find working with other players to form a strategy to overcome a formidable NPC boss far more entertaining then some disrespectful online keyboard battle with a waste of a person trying to boost their ego to mitigate their real world introversion.

And you think to disparage us? Stop acting like a ***** and live a real life.
    Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - for heavy ones they cannot.
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There's one word which describes anyone who can't tolerate those who like to play in a different environment or style when it doesn't even infringe on their own rights and ways: bigots.

b:bye
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Mua, most play games to enjoy themselves. And to many of us on the non-pvp servers, stress is not conducive to enjoyment. Personally, I find working with other players to form a strategy to overcome a formidable NPC boss far more entertaining then some disrespectful online keyboard battle with a waste of a person trying to boost their ego to mitigate their real world introversion.

And you think to disparage us? Stop acting like a ***** and live a real life.

Get a character to 60 on the PVP server then tell me what's stressful. Up till 60 there's ONE pvp hotspot. Once you're level 40 you're pretty much safe for 20 levels. So either you all have heart conditions or you just couldn't be bothered to try it. b:bye
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Drazo - Heavens Tear
    Drazo - Heavens Tear Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The only reason now why I don't want to go on a PvP server is because there are people like Mua on it.
    Non-mule alts:

Drazo - Venomancer - Dreamweaver - Semi-active
    Knatami - Barbarian - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    Drazorus - Archer - Sanctuary - Inactive
    Cidemami - Cleric - Dreamweaver - Inactive
    Recilsami - Blademaster - Heavens Tear - Inactive
    DrazoThePsy - Psychic - Dreamweaver - Active
    DrazoTheSas - Assassin - Dreamweaver - Active
  • Mikoto - Lost City
    Mikoto - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    The only reason now why I don't want to go on a PvP server is because there are people like Mua on it.

Hey now, Mua is awesome b:shy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009

Damn straight, I'm a BIGOT I can't tolerate anyone who isn't a teenage student and isn't a 7x WF on the PVP server OMG WE MUST CREATE THIS MASTER RACE!

But don't even lie, you wouldn't have the balls to touch the pvp server with a ten foot pole, regardless of PK ****. b:bye
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • UltraViolent - Lost City
    UltraViolent - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I guess arguing between PvE and PvP is never-ending. let's just face it, there are different types of game-players. Call each other names or not, it's a fact. I've played on Pve severs for a while and decided to switch to PvP not necessarily because i had the urge to go and pk ppl, but just because PvE had become too boring and not challenging, as i lvl-ed up. PvE is a good place to start, good for newbies.
    Also, i have nothing to say against people who are ok with playing one server or another but they shouldn't go flaming each other. As i have stated in the first place, they are different type of game-players.

I do realize that generally people from different types of servers cannot get along but...bring about more and more posts concerning this matter...what's the use?
  • UltraViolent - Lost City
    UltraViolent - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    oh, and if u guys really want names...if pve is carebears, then pvp is darebears b:laugh
    edited January 2009
    You're such a hypocrite Mua, instead of complaining about how we generalise and wrongly depict PvP players how about you do the same and stop talking trash about PvE server?
    There are plenty of PvP players on the PvE server as well, and we also have TW which let us enjoy PvP, just because we can't kill anyone we see and vice-versa doesn't make us any inferior to you.
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    You're such a hypocrite Mua, instead of complaining about how we generalise and wrongly depict PvP players how about you do the same and stop talking trash about PvE server?
    There are plenty of PvP players on the PvE server as well, and we also have TW which let us enjoy PvP, just because we can't kill anyone we see and vice-versa doesn't make us any inferior to you.

I generalise because you generalise because we generalise because you generalise because we generalise because you generalise because we generalise because you generalise...

I only talk **** about the PVE servers when i'm just messing around or annoyed, but unlike Zoe I'm not stupid.

TW is 3 hours a week per faction, and eventually becomes dominated by the big guilds. That's a lot of PVP there b:chuckle
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • bobzilla21
    bobzilla21 Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Damn straight, I'm a BIGOT

Hey, someone from Lost City actually agrees with the name. Does that make it official?
    I figured I should do something with my sig, so I made this for fun. My very first (poorly made) animation. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    As for why Luffy is murdering Naruto, I have no idea either, but it looks cool.b:laugh
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I generalise because you generalise because we generalise because you generalise because we generalise because you generalise because we generalise because you generalise...

I only talk **** about the PVE servers when i'm just messing around or annoyed, but unlike Zoe I'm not stupid.

TW is 3 hours a week per faction, and eventually becomes dominated by the big guilds. That's a lot of PVP there b:chuckle

And unlike you I actually know what real pvp is, you already admitted you can't handle it. I was red name in that game often. The real fun is when you can't run or hide. Then you see how well you can really pvp.b:bye
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Mua - Lost City
    edited January 2009
    Hey, someone from Lost City actually agrees with name. Does that make it official?

Whoever name is, I'm sure he is a very wise person.
    And unlike you I actually know what real pvp is, you already admitted you can't handle it. I was red name in that game often. The real fun is when you can't run or hide. Then you see how well you can really pvp.b:bye

Obvious troll is obvious. Almost as obvious as me! b:shocked
    Mua - 8x WF - Conqueror
  • Qiuyue - Heavens Tear
    Qiuyue - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    oh, and if u guys really want names...if pve is carebears, then pvp is darebears b:laugh

Angrybears sounds better. b:dirty
  • mecurial
    edited January 2009
    don't ya agree.. carebears > **** or no balls
    i spposed they should b honoured..
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Whoever name is, I'm sure he is a very wise person.

Obvious troll is obvious. Almost as obvious as me! b:shocked

Yes, you keep up your delusions of grandeur. People like you were my favorite victims. Ones that talk tough but can't handle it when they actually have to deal with consequences for their actions. PW is the most balanced game I've played but the pk that lets you get away with no consequence from the cash shop is lame. The more penalties you have to deal with at once, the more fun a red name is. It actually means something.

Here in PWI, a red name doesn't mean squat. So what if you killed someone? 1 cash shop item and you don't have to worry about anything. Where is the fun in that? That just brings out wanna-be pkers like you, who as I said, are my favorite people to kill.b:victory Thats pretty much the only thing that made MY version fun.

A lot of the people though did have some skill in pvp and I respect them for that. You though? I'd just kill you and laugh. I went to pve to avoid doing it this time around. Don't mess with me you have no idea who you are dealing with.b:bye
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91