Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Comments

• Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    chi pots arent hard to get =p
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    sophoric whisper us suppose to last 4 seconds. just like force of will is suppose to last 5 seconds.

blade tempest has a 4 second chanting time.

you have 3~ seconds after force of will, you have no time after sleep.

do the math, ****.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    can you say that again in a way mizu can understand b:surrender
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I'll do the math once you learn to spell.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    force of will last 5 seconds, but it has a 2 second cast time. that's 3 seconds left.

blade tempest has a 4 second chant time.

3 seconds.

4 seconds.

got it?

have we made a break through?

sophoric whisper is instant. no chant, no cast. it has a chance to work, but with these people only having the -3% from their weaponry, it wont.

got it, ****?
  • Rezsonate - Heavens Tear
    Rezsonate - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    force of will last 5 seconds, but it has a 2 second cast time. that's 3 seconds left.

blade tempest has a 4 second chant time.

3 seconds.

4 seconds.

got it?

have we made a break through?

sophoric whisper is instant. no chant, no cast. it has a chance to work, but with these people only having the -3% from their weaponry, it wont.

got it, ****?

I dont tihnk u understand. the 5-sec duration is AFTER the skill is cast. so 5 seconds. -~.5 secs between skill uses. 4.5 sec to channel BT. dont use ****. as for plume shell or w/e, just glacial snare /SS after blade tempest. then start attacking if they still alive. or soporific whisper :D
    Dang!...I just lost my train of thought...
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    pretty much all magic users around your level will also be wearing -6% sea captains so thats around -9%.

Also I don't take advice from someone who doesn't even play the game anymore and merely trolls the wizard forums using his cleric avatar.

Personally, I use 'underhanded' tactics in PvP, such as firing BT whilst hidden from view, not sure of the damage vs. LA but arcanes take around 3k from my lv.1 BT.

Also Forp, grow up.
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    and now the 25 is going to tell me how a skill he's never seen, used, or have an prior knowledge of works.

the duration of a skill is reduced to you by the amount of cast time. that means.. hang on here little guys, this is kinda tough:

if it has a 5 second duration, and a 2 second cast time. that means, to you personally, there would be exactly 3 seconds for you to use a 4 second chanting skill.

plume shell is cast in .5 seconds and has absolutely no chanting time. that means even if you have 499 ping, you will indeed get plume shell off in time to avoid full damage from blade tempest.

i know, that's a lot to take in all at once.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2009
    soporific whisper is a godsend >.>
    its called alts you know forp, i have an archer alt, just because he uses that character on the forums doesnt mean its his highest lvl.

meh most wizards can get about -12% shouldnt be that bad..
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ..from a pure mage. and even then, unless that priest is cayeon, i don't think they're going to die so easily to a mage.

what kind of priest let's a mage use tempest without plume shell up anyways?

Sutra ... Fow.. BT .. Boooooyahhh instant BT

Throw in a spark pot if you dont have 3 sparks :)
  • Anders - Lost City
    Anders - Lost City Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Listen to Tika, maybe BrownFlamez, they are on a force you to pvp server
    anyone else is uneducated and damned stupid.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    pro logic, ty anders.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Listen to Tika, maybe BrownFlamez, they are on a force you to pvp server
    anyone else is uneducated and damned stupid.

You are forbidden to agree with an RQ member please. b:laugh
  • Anders - Lost City
    Anders - Lost City Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    I said Maybe brownflamez
    He's rq....I wouldn't trust them with a toonie lol
  • kaito777
    kaito777 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Pandora u said that u do 200 damage less than a pure wiz???
    X___X
    Im trying to do a LA build but at later lvls wont a pure wiz have like 100 mag over us?
  • XChasseur - Sanctuary
    XChasseur - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ark, by the way, used to play a full int robe mage and VERY recently restatted to light, because of the test I'm about to explain.

To be honest, I was planning on restatting to full INT at 90. However, I have a full int mage (still full int for leveling) in my guild named dddddfunLOL, and he is the same level as me. So, to see the damage difference, we stripped all of our gear off, I shot undine then sandstorm for 2900, took my sword off, gave him my sword, he equipped it and then shot undine then sandstorm for 3100. There was a moment of silence, followed by him going "... What level is your mastery?"

My mastery was level 7, and his was level 10, making the damage difference based on int even smaller.

We were... Impressed at how little 100 int matters. So we gave it another go, on a different target.

... Same ****.

At this point, I am a firm believer that "full int rocks endgame!!!!!" is the same rumor that brought you "light mages suck until 90!!!!" and I have noticed this game is full of rumors about endgame that people buy into blindly because people say it and it turns out it's not true at all.

From what I can see, int on a wizard is a lot like str on a warrior. Yeah, you'll get a bit of extra damage, but it's so very minimal that light armor just overtakes it...

Despite how minimal the difference is, by the way, con sucks. Just throwing that out there, again.

there's his post bout the damage diff, you don't get undine till 79 so he was at least 79 when he did this test, and this test was pvp damage, in pve the damage diff was about 2k i think
  • kaito777
    edited July 2009
    So at higher lvls i should buy resets and turn pure right? :D
    But wat lvl do ppl usually do that? X____X
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    kaito777 wrote: »
    So at higher lvls i should buy resets and turn pure right? :D
    But wat lvl do ppl usually do that? X____X

10chars
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuoleme - Sanctuary
    Kuoleme - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Ok, I believe you are correct, though hypothetically speaking undine could have been supplied by someone else -- and I forgot to think about damage reduction from gear.

But I imagine level 80 full arcanes can get 600+ points damage difference between different pvp magic sword attacks, with maxed sandstorm (depending on their gear). So imagine if this 200 points of difference was with Pandora hitting for maximum damage and dddddfunLOL hitting for minimum damage? How would we know?

ok then how many lvl 50s do you know that hit 16k sandstorms on the mobs outside of arch then? and pandora said he was one of the first people to get undine on lost city so i doubt anyone else had it when he was 50

and damage reduction from gear? the only gear they both used in this test was pandoras sword, and i'm pretty sure they wouldn't of been dumb enough to test it with pandora hitting one target and ddfun hitting a different target so the target would have the same earth resistance for both sandstorms regardless of there gear

yeah well what you imagine and what people have tested are obviously two different things now aren't they?
    and about the low end high end stuff, well they wouldn't of been dumb enough to only do one test

and yes i changed my avatar i got bored of my archer and am lvling my wizzie again
  • kaito777
    edited July 2009
    So at lvl like 60 or 70 or even 80 LA and Pures hit almost the same???
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    So at lvl like 60 or 70 or even 80 LA and Pures hit almost the same???

There's a few things to take into consideration about damage and the small difference between LA and pure:

★The vast majority of your final damage (the number over the targets' head(s)) comes from weapon multipliers built into the skills. So the total damage difference is only at most equal to the difference in magic, where 1 magic = 10 m.dmg & a difference of 100 magic by level 70(ish) is only going to be 1000; this is really only important if you're going to be grinding all the time which, with a LA build you won't have to grind- you can do rebirth at 73~75 (depending on quality of gear) and level to 85 in two weeks (arcane can't do that no matter how hard they want :P)

★in PvP damage is reduced by 75%, so that 1000 magic attack difference is only 250... a minute detail when you figure again-- the vast majority of damage is from the weapon not the base stat.

★Pandora's experiement was accurate, the difference in PvE (against mobs) is about 800~1000; where against people it's only 250 tops difference BUT!! you can survive a lot longer with decent LA... so 2 shots before you die in robes vs. 5 shots before you die in LA, this is the choice you make:

PvE (grinding) or PvP (still do rebirth which is the fastest leveling)?
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    There's a few things to take into consideration about damage and the small difference between LA and pure:

★The vast majority of your final damage (the number over the targets' head(s)) comes from weapon multipliers built into the skills. So the total damage difference is only at most equal to the difference in magic, where 1 magic = 10 m.dmg & a difference of 100 magic by level 70(ish) is only going to be 1000; this is really only important if you're going to be grinding all the time which, with a LA build you won't have to grind- you can do rebirth at 73~75 (depending on quality of gear) and level to 85 in two weeks (arcane can't do that no matter how hard they want :P)

PvE (grinding) or PvP (still do rebirth which is the fastest leveling)?

Arcane can do rebirth......there are already a couple vit builds who have completed gamma....

Light armor is a legit build, I agree with most of what u said.
  • kaito777
    edited July 2009
    What is rebirth? X___X
    My highest was lvl 48 so idk about that stuff lol but 75-85 in 2 weeks sounds really good to me right now :D
    By what you said it seems LA is the way to go until lvl 90 xD
  • Fireblood - Harshlands
    Fireblood - Harshlands Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    What is rebirth? X___X
    My highest was lvl 48 so idk about that stuff lol but 75-85 in 2 weeks sounds really good to me right now :D
    By what you said it seems LA is the way to go until lvl 90 xD

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=258492
    Quit.
  • Kuoleme - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    We were... Impressed at how little 100 int matters. So we gave it another go, on a different target.

... Same ****.

^ there, but if you really need the numbers laid out for you go find 2 mages and do the test yourself
  • Kuoleme - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    why waste your money on reset notes when you can just find 2 different mages o.O?
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    a wizz should not attack another wizz with SS or SR when that earth shield is up. It's just a waste of time/mana. Seal, Undine and fire/water nukes.
    I can't give you exact numbers cause I don't think I have them anymore, but I dueled a 79+ LA wizz in my guild a while ago, he was wearing the leg. glaive, I was 76 probably..don't remember, anyway, at least 3 lvl under, maybe even more. I won without problems. Again, I don't remember the numbers, but I think there's still 1 or 2 wizzies that are LA in my guild and around 80-85 lvl wise. I'll try to see if I can get one to do a test.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    the damage difference will be the difference of m.attack x 0.25 in PvP... not really sure why you need a test when the numbers are all available.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c16a9b6446c7267b

versus

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5991f972e3eca81f

I'll reiterate something a lot of mages seem to be forgetting: the vast majority of damage comes from the weapon. My sandstorm reads: "Inflicts earth damage equal to base magic attack (what you see in your character window) PLUS 300% of weapon damage (that's weapon damage x3) plus 4288.4 ...

So like how much of a difference does 1k extra m.attack do? in PvP that's a total of one gigantic whopping 200-300 damage... wow (and you're stupid... *say it again* stupid for attacking robe classes in TW anyways).

Now in PvE you sacrifice m.def (ouch at later levels) and about 1k damage (my pyro hits lv. 75 mobs for 3.7k, a pure with my same weapon should hit about 4.7(?). So: when you get quest reward armor keep the robes... duh. Have a cheap set of robes with which to grind & always have buffs (LA buffed damage = pure unbuffed damage at my level).

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=79c83d4bc78cc364 <- me in TW

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=569b5673cd98ca9b <- me when i grind (beat a herc in 1man army race today b:victory)

So to address those who say the defense difference is minimal :facepalm:. To address everyone who says one build is better than the other always :facepalm:

pre-90: pure mages pwn in PvE (except in TT & rebirth before delta (idk 'bout delta yet)). LA mages pwn in PvP (huge p.def difference w/ minimal damage difference).

why am I still typing? because WQ is being mean and taking forever today and i still have one more to start before midnight b:cry
  • Kuoleme - Sanctuary
    edited July 2009
    the damage difference will be the difference of m.attack x 0.25 in PvP... not really sure why you need a test when the numbers are all available.

hmmms is the m. attack x 0.25 dmg before or after the dmg resist from m def?
    cause heavy armour would have alot less m def than robes o.O
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2009

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=c16a9b6446c7267b

versus

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=5991f972e3eca81f

I'll reiterate something a lot of mages seem to be forgetting: the vast majority of damage comes from the weapon. My sandstorm reads: "Inflicts earth damage equal to base magic attack (what you see in your character window) PLUS 300% of weapon damage (that's weapon damage x3) plus 4288.4 ...

So like how much of a difference does 1k extra m.attack do? in PvP that's a total of one gigantic whopping 200-300 damage... wow (and you're stupid... *say it again* stupid for attacking robe classes in TW anyways).

Now in PvE you sacrifice m.def (ouch at later levels) and about 1k damage (my pyro hits lv. 75 mobs for 3.7k, a pure with my same weapon should hit about 4.7(?). So: when you get quest reward armor keep the robes... duh. Have a cheap set of robes with which to grind & always have buffs (LA buffed damage = pure unbuffed damage at my level).

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=79c83d4bc78cc364 <- me in TW

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=569b5673cd98ca9b <- me when i grind (beat a herc in 1man army race today b:victory)

So to address those who say the defense difference is minimal :facepalm:. To address everyone who says one build is better than the other always :facepalm:

pre-90: pure mages pwn in PvE (except in TT & rebirth before delta (idk 'bout delta yet)). LA mages pwn in PvP (huge p.def difference w/ minimal damage difference).

why am I still typing? because WQ is being mean and taking forever today and i still have one more to start before midnight b:cry

dude, i have to lol at your build for TW.
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=26f1163e2a2d4d3d self buffed
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=9d54ecaf55658d2f full buffed.
    that was at lvl 78. Since then I added more than 1k pdef and about 250 more HP

Now, if u look closely at those builds, u unbuffed vs me unbuffed:
    Magic Atk. 3181-3225 vs Magic Atk. 5077-5138
    Full buffed
    Magic Atk. 3840-3893 vs Magic Atk. 5827-5897

If I still know how do to math, that's a 2k diff in magic dmg no matter how u put it, and that 2k in PvE comes up to 500 in PVP. Not even near the 100-200 u LA guys are throwing around as being the difference. And even in PvE, when each of my shots have 2k more dmg than yours, those crits u have from time to time won't compensate to be in par as DD. Ever. With the TT80 wpn and some 82 ornaments full buffed dmg is somewhere between 56xx - 63xx unbuffed and 64xx-72xx with cleric buff. I really want to see a LA wizz at 82 come in a 1k dmg interval to have that "irrelevant" 250/dmg diff in PvP.
    And that HP as LA...rofl. True, you're not refine and gear is so-so. But u don't do dmg and u don't have HP/mdef. U have some pdef, true...but...that's all u have. And that Mdef u have is just a **** fest for Clerics/Venos/Wizards

True, I am refined/sharded, I have expensive equipment, but I never said ( and no guide has ever said) that being a robe wizz is cheap.
    When I've said the other day that LA is the cozy way to play a wizz some ppl didn't agree. Now, I think these 2 builds compared can say the whole story.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.