Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Comments

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    sry to break it to you, but Pandora quit.
    quite a pitty if u ask me, would have been nice to still have him around.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ya Pandora was a good wiz, maybe Ursa can replace her b:chuckle

you both are so alike
    if i didnt knew Ursa personally, i wouldve said she was pandora
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    ya Pandora was a good wiz, maybe Ursa can replace her b:chuckle

you both are so alike
    if i didnt knew Ursa personally, i wouldve said she was pandora
    Eh, Pandora was able to spell properly and he knew what he was talking about.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    ignorance is a bliss, isn't it Kristoph? b:chuckle

I didn't realized until now that the whole fu#kin' world needs to spell properly in english, even if they have nothing to do with english otherwise.
    And one more thing, usually on forums the ones that have no arguments and don't know what else to say are turning to the spelling to make a point. Haven't seen that in MMORPG forums in a while, but there u go, these specimens are always present, everywhere

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    wow this thread is like lol b:chuckle
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited August 2009
    ignorance is a bliss, isn't it Kristoph? b:chuckle

I didn't realized until now that the whole fu#kin' world needs to spell properly in english, even if they have nothing to do with english otherwise.
    And one more thing, usually on forums the ones that have no arguments and don't know what else to say are turning to the spelling to make a point. Haven't seen that in MMORPG forums in a while, but there u go, these specimens are always present, everywhere
    It wasn't even directed at you, what are you complaining about? I'm simply stating the fact that you don't sound intelligent and you don't know what you're talking about. You've proven this yourself in other threads.
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    b:chuckle This thread is getting saucy again; nice.
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    71 pages and still going? The guy quit for crying out loud, give it a rest. Stop Hi-jacking the friggn thread.

and Kris is on his period, as always b:sinb:mischievous
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Pandora's wiz-spirit is stalking us b:chuckle .
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009
    May the force of Pandora be with you young wizzy
  • EdmondDantes - Lost City
    EdmondDantes - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It would've been nice had he been able to finish the Cube Of Fate guide before he left.. =/

I know for full int I was told not to bother w/ HH armor till 9x so I was wondering if the same held true for LA. I won't be getting to 70 for a while w/ my LA build but i'd still like to know just in case. Thanks in advance.
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    It would've been nice had he been able to finish the Cube Of Fate guide before he left.. =/

I know for full int I was told not to bother w/ HH armor till 9x so I was wondering if the same held true for LA. I won't be getting to 70 for a while w/ my LA build but i'd still like to know just in case. Thanks in advance.

He have finished it, I remember that for some reason it dissapeared. Maybe by a forum administrator, who knows. I remember reading the rest of it, it was very, very usefull.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009

o.O imho molds are soo much better than TT stuff. The add-ons are nicer/more-useful and the molds themselves are way cheaper than TT stuff... wait, did anyone else notice that TT gear sucks pre-90? that any regular equipment with decent HP/def adds are easily better than their TT counterparts? wth -.-

51 mold boots - good until lv 76/80; replace with 76 boots w/ def & hp adds
    69 pants - good until lv 90
    78 top - good until lv 90
    lv 51 helm - the only expensive LA piece, good for LA builds through end-game.
    lv 77 wrist guards - used to be only like 14 chips... now over double in price but still obtainable; great adds and useful until lv 90
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Pandora did finish the cube of fate guide. When he was about to finalize the guide something happen and it got cut off. It even messed up more since it deleted text from his previous post from b4 he tried to edit the cube guide and he didnt want to have to retype it all so its stuck like that.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2009

I'm doing the cube with no problems and I'm a robe.
    The only thing that fcuked me up until now was room 47 and when I got the bomb in 44 and rolled a 1. b:chuckle
    Other than that, everything in cube is a breeze.
    Here is quite a good guide for it: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=157802

PS: BTW, I'm going in cube mainly unbuffed, so depending on ornaments i have on me i have:
    2.9k hp - 2.8k pdef - 5800-6400 magic dmg
    3.2k hp - 4.2k pdef - 5400-6100 magic dmg
    These are self buffed values. Buffed I can make it out of 44-45 combo, unbuffed...kinda' difficult. I only got it once until now and failed, same for 47. In all the other attempts I finished the cube.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Was bored so i made calcs of 90la and 90robe. Sort of ideal gear at 90..

90int = http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d6ed6a4b05a156f3

90la = http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=cd395c86ff6f4843

You all can see the differences for yourself.

Virtually same defenses, 2k difference in magic attack, , 5% crit, 1k difference in HP.
  • Damaged - Lost City
    Damaged - Lost City Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Was bored so i made calcs of 90la and 90robe. Sort of ideal gear at 90..

90int = http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d6ed6a4b05a156f3

90la = http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=cd395c86ff6f4843

You all can see the differences for yourself.

Virtually same defenses, 2k difference in magic attack, , 5% crit, 1k difference in HP.

Nice hp and cape choice for arcane :lol:
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    replace crappy cape with a +120 blue modded 87 cape would give around 150 more. Replace crappy belt of the earth with a 2nd map belt, and crappy gold boots with ++hp past boots, you can break 4k hp pretty easily.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xsilmeriax - Lost City
    Xsilmeriax - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    replace crappy cape with a +120 blue modded 87 cape would give around 150 more. Replace crappy belt of the earth with a 2nd map belt, and crappy gold boots with ++hp past boots, you can break 4k hp pretty easily.

Pretty sure the 69 cape is to show the difference. Not everyone can get nice modded 87 cape...

1st map belt doesn't work on pwi.calc i dont think

past boots are level 92
  • Disappear - Lost City
    Disappear - Lost City Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Pretty sure the 69 cape is to show the difference. Not everyone can get nice modded 87 cape...

1st map belt doesn't work on pwi.calc i dont think

past boots are level 92

Listen to the nix with a veno to tech us wizzy hao tew pewpew
  • naxik
    naxik Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    i REALLY messed up my mage....hes a lvl 44...Arcane...and i just pretty much lvled up every USELESS skill....and i wanna make him a Light Armor wizard....but with my current str and dex...i can only equip lvl 20 LA armor...how can i fix all this?b:cry
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited September 2009
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009

:o how did you access that character window?

...and lol @ Allnighte in guild chat b:laugh
  • _makina_ - Sanctuary
    _makina_ - Sanctuary Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    :o how did you access that character window?

Use eye of observation (to use it have one eye of observation in inventory, highlight character u wish to observe, right click on icon and u will see the option for it). You get those eye things from this event using tokens.
  • Naxield - Lost City
    Naxield - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    To me, level 44 seems like a bad time to switch. But if you want to switch, you should get yourself some reset notes (and you should get yourself your new set of armor before using your resets). I imagine reset notes will be cheaper in October than in September (because our gold prices will probably drop, next month).

And I think you should not worry too much about your spirit. If you focus on your priorities now you will soon be getting so much spirit (from your higher levels) that your current investment (in various skills you do not want) will be trivial, in comparison. But you can always level your genie using your experience points, if you want to build your spirit up, without leveling.

thx a lot...ill try that...b:pleased
  • Insomaniac - Lost City
    Insomaniac - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thank you very much for this guide Pandora. I appreciate the time you've put into it and you saved me a lot of spirit on things like Pitfall. I hope you extend it more :D
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Thank you very much for this guide Pandora. I appreciate the time you've put into it and you saved me a lot of spirit on things like Pitfall. I hope you extend it more :D

Unfortunately he quit, but we'll accept your thanks on his behave:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pozdravzanajvecegema
    pozdravzanajvecegema Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hmm, i was browsing this topic for like 1hr, and i couldnt decide.
    im a newcommer and i have one question.

i want to be LA Wizard, so should i spend points from LVL 1 like this ?

Light Armor Build: Attack Rating - 4, Defense Rating - 4
    Every Level
    Magic 3 Points
    Dexterity 1 Point
    Strength 1 Point

best regards
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    yes, that's the correct way to build a LA wizard.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monstanite
    monstanite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    How good is this build in terms of solo PvE?
This discussion has been closed.