Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Comments

• Fjalar - Heavens Tear
    Fjalar - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, I should counter my own argument by saying that the 75% more hp is only against the base. Wizards with really high hp are getting it from equipment not their stats, so I should clarify that in the presence of wonderful equipment, I'd poo-poo vitality with some gusto. I just wanna know how much more, if any, hp you'd get from refined light tt90 than similarly refined arcane tt90.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Not every barb dumps all their remaining stat points in vit.

the useful ones do.

tt90 light gets 30 hp on first refine, arcane gets 25.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Well, let me put it this way.

One vitality is half a level's worth of hp, so if you'd put most of your spare points into vitality, you'd have 35 hp per level rather than 20, which is a 75% increase to your defense against everything, not just people you can run from. I don't feel that's an inferior option to the additional damage (which definitely isn't 75% more) when it's simpler to just refine your weapon (as opposed to every other piece of equipment to be survivable) for damage and I haven't been especially blown away by what full mag wizards do anyway. Also, at level 90, the green TT armor, which is what I'm getting, has the same hp bonuses in both light and arcane. What I'm curious about is the difference in hp gains from each respective set through refinement. If light armor has considerably more to offer there, I'd switch, but if I'm going to lose 75% hp for 25% more pdef, and a averaged 4% better damage, I don't think that's a fair trade-off.

+5 Robe = 143

+5 LA = 172

A 9x robe mage can get roughly the same Crit rate as a 8x LA mage. 2% crit rings, Blessing.
    At 90 I plan to restat to full int, maybe. That's my intention although it's very subject to change. You make a good argument for vit, but I still won't try it till 90, because I hate being robes at my level. Too much hassle to get gear. We'll see...

That's my boy! Or girl... or w/e that fak you are

Vit is dumb btw. It's good pre-refine (like i should have done lol I'm not done refining yet) for the missed HP but your attack will be noticably lower. I was going to restat 25 points to VIT last week but everyone talked me out of it :3
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ok to sum up all the discussion, are these the only 2 possible builds?

LIGHT: 65% PVP 35% PVM. balanced defense. refined gear gives more hp than arcane. best to wear phys belt/necklace and add hp gems on gear. great survivability and good critical % but damage is considerably lower, so expect taking more hits. less vunerable to melee classes, plume shot and barrage. very vulnerable to its own class' water aoe. good defense for overall pvm while damage is still acceptable. low mp and mp recovery increases mana/spirit charm costs considerably.

ARCANE. 30% PVP 70% PVM. unbalanced defense. requires phys belt/necklace. requires hp gems on gear. poor survivability mainly because few players attack wizards with pure magic. lower critical % compared to light build. higher damage helps killing attackers faster so the chance of being hit with critical is lower compared to light build. vulnerable to all classes except magic attacks. high damage and high mp makes arcane wiz much faster and cheaper to grind levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Fjalar - Heavens Tear
    Fjalar - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Vit is dumb btw. It's good pre-refine (like i should have done lol I'm not done refining yet) for the missed HP but your attack will be noticably lower. I was going to restat 25 points to VIT last week but everyone talked me out of it :3

Well, that's the thing. If I find myself in a situation where the hp gain from the vitality is comparatively negligible, I'm going to drop it and put it back into magic, assuming I stick with robes. The trouble is, my opportunity to add hp with robes is limited because I'll need to add pdef and that's going to fill up sockets. And having been full magic up to level 60, I just didn't see a substantial drop in power from shifting over to more vitality. The difference was there, but it wasn't as big a difference as was the defensive benefit. Even if, say with equipment, the vitality hp only increased my total by 50%, it's not as though I'm sacrificing 50% more potential damage to get it either.
  • logikbomb
    logikbomb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    ....No, failed.
  • logikbomb
    logikbomb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    If you're a wiz in LA, just quit the game now.
    A 60+ wiz robes with phys def seals and full phys def stones and +2 for every piece will have as much def and HP as an LA wiz, and a great deal more atk.
    ANY Wiz in LA is a complete idiot, and missing out on what theyre best at, Greater damage.
    And those who say the damage loss is little when going LA, you're full of it. It makes the diff between 2hitting someone and 4hitting someone. Which makes the dif between that veno/bm killing you or not.
    An LA wiz is also pointless and weak in TT.

LA Wiz needs LA, because they can't kill the mobs before they get hit like a full arcane does... ;)
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    logikbomb wrote: »
    A 60+ wiz robes with phys def seals and full phys def stones and +2 for every piece will have as much def and HP as an LA wiz, and a great deal more atk.
    ANY Wiz in LA is a complete idiot, and missing out on what theyre best at, Greater damage.
    And those who say the damage loss is little when going LA, you're full of it. It makes the diff between 2hitting someone and 4hitting someone. Which makes the dif between that veno/bm killing you or not.

LA Wiz needs LA, because they can't kill the mobs before they get hit like a full arcane does... ;)
    1. Who are you to tell anyone to quit? Are you even 60?
    2. You're an idiot, Arcane users will NEVER have the same amount of PDef AND HP as Light Armor, and if they do they're Arcane and therefore weak due to lack of critrate. If an Arcane user has as much HP/PDef without points in vit it means he/she spent a ****load of money on gear, way more than the LA
    3. you're even more of an idiot if you think a LA wiz would 4 shot someone an Arcane user can 2 shot
    4. I'm a LA wizard and I never get hit by a melee or magic mob assuming it's 1v1. Too bad, you don't know what you're talking about

I smell a failing troll
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    logikbomb wrote: »

b:chuckle
    Let me get you a compilation of my sandstorm crits.
    Edit: The power of crits and undine strike
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    I smell a failing troll

i smell someone who's full of their own build.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    i smell someone who's full of their own build.
    Except that I was stating facts?

And no, I'm not full of my build, I simply know what it can and can't do.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    facts are proven. biased opinions are not facts.
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Exactly, so why are you still here?
    You're entirely biased as well.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    i'm not entirely biased. i still find light armor a valid build for a wizard. though i'm not like pandora up here who thinks light is the only way to be a wizard.
  • Antelope - Lost City
    Antelope - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Your so lucky that Envy is banned.
    Level 1x WF. Harshlands (PvP)
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    facts are proven. biased opinions are not facts.
    2. You're an idiot, Arcane users will NEVER have the same amount of PDef AND HP as Light Armor, and if they do they're Arcane and therefore weak due to lack of critrate. If an Arcane user has as much HP/PDef without points in vit it means he/she spent a ****load of money on gear, way more than the LA
    3. you're even more of an idiot if you think a LA wiz would 4 shot someone an Arcane user can 2 shot
    4. I'm a LA wizard and I never get hit by a melee or magic mob assuming it's 1v1. Too bad, you don't know what you're talking about
    Do point out what the "biased opinion" would be. If not shut up and go back into your corner.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Number 2.

Number 3.

And, number 4.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    k you can't even back anything up lol, good to know.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    Yes I can.

2. Robes can match the pdef of light armor with refined pdef jewelery and +% physical reduction mods. Light armor using pdef jewelery is useless, don't even say it.

3. Light armored wizards hit significantly lower. However, not as low as other classes, due to your skills taking most of its raw power from the weapon, not base magic attack. When you start to matter, you'll see the 1-4 more hits it takes.

4. Every wizard gets hit, especially the ones that can't do enough damage before the monster gets to them. And, unless you're kiting magic mobs, they're going to hit you.

idiot.
  • Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    2. Robes can match the pdef of light armor with refined pdef jewelery and +% physical reduction mods. Light armor using pdef jewelery is useless, don't even say it.

You are an idiot...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2009
    And you're ignorant.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Yes I can.

3. Light armored wizards hit significantly lower. However, not as low as other classes, due to your skills taking most of its raw power from the weapon, not base magic attack. When you start to matter, you'll see the 1-4 more hits it takes.

4. Every wizard gets hit, especially the ones that can't do enough damage before the monster gets to them. And, unless you're kiting magic mobs, they're going to hit you.

idiot.
    2. lol... did you even read? The one I was quoting said an arcane user could get both HP and PDef equal to a Light Armor build while upholding the damage advantage. And no, PDef jewelry for a Light Armor build isn't bad, it adds a 5% physical damage reduction, at least.

3. Yet when I compare my damage to Arcane users at a roughly equal level, there's no way it'd take me twice as much hits to kill the same target. The difference isn't that big, period. And it's not because of some huge difference in gear either.

4. Congrats, you just showed you're clueless about wizards. Besides, I said I never got hit. I'd say it starts at level 67 roughly. And yes, any wizard who gets hit while 1v1ing an equal level mob doesn't know what he's doing. I can kill a normal equal leveled mob without getting hit, without running away from them, without the use of distance shrink/force of will.

Get your facts straight and learn how to play a wizard. Maybe then you'll understand why I use no HP hiero and 0 pots while training, and the reason why I left morning dew at 1. Only time I get hit is when I lag/get agro'd by multiple mobs.
  • Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    And you're ignorant.

I am ignorant for pointing out that your argument is false? Whatever...

If you read the parts I quoted you will notice that Kristoph is pointing out that a pure int wiz can never have the same pdef AND HP as a LA wizard, which is true. Yet you try to undo is argument by stating that pure int can have the same pdef, which is also true. But in that case they will have way less HP, which is my point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    i have 2.1k pdef self buffed... thats pretty much LA's pdef at 7x
    once i shard with hp ill have pretty much the hp and pdef of a LA but probably not of a LA wiz (who will probably have around 4k pdef)

and i dont wear any pdef jewelry or have any refined stuff other than my sword.......
  • Ayano-chan - Sanctuary
    Ayano-chan - Sanctuary Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Andro ,,,you have 1650 hp.......... at lvl 7x LA self buffed has 4-4.5k phy rez self buffed and around 2.5-3k hp (with let's say....medium refined/gemed gear +2 or so and average or some beautifull shards). Now from your 1650 hp you realize you need to go full hp shards + wear a helmet (which gives allot of hp) and mby other hp mods to get that hp,and if you do u still have 2x less phy rez.
    I'm still thinking if to restat to pure at 90 if I can full 4 socket every part of gear and make it +5 ...but decision is hard....

The way I see it ,it kinda comes down to "LA more hp,pure more dmg ; LA more crit and a slight 3-4% more phy rez than a good build pure while pure is about 8-11% more mag rez(buffed atleast).

Now the thing I'm focused on ,and curios about is mag rez as robes seem to have nearly or directly 50% more mag rez than LA but full buffed (or non-buffed which I didn't test yet) that's just bout 8-11% more reduction which is not to be neglected but also not to be taken much for granted with less hp than LA.
    Anyway I thouth of this ideea and I'd be curios on other's opinions about it :
    Wear 3 LA parts + 1 arcane in a hope to get a more balanced overall rez trying to avoid a high rez of 1 type in an atempt to avoid diminishing returns as much as possible.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    The way I see it ,it kinda comes down to "LA more hp,pure more dmg ; LA more crit and a slight 3-4% more phy rez than a good build pure while pure is about 8-11% more mag rez(buffed atleast).
    For some reason, I doubt an Arcane build can get 67% pdef reduction so easily.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Why the b:shutup does Forp still post? No one here cares about what you say b:bye
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    For some reason, I doubt an Arcane build can get 67% pdef reduction so easily.
    http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5046/pdef.jpg

That's with no pdef shards, btw. And only a +1 on my pdef jewelry. I don't know how easy it'd be to get that last 3% though.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009

That's with no pdef shards, btw. And only a +1 on my pdef jewelry. I don't know how easy it'd be to get that last 3% though.
    It's still 9% behind what I had at that level fully buffed... without any refined jewelry.

EDIT: No idea how much more you'd need to get near the higher 6x% though...
  • Amour - Lost City
    edited April 2009

2.8k hp with werebeast buff? I surely hope not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.