Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Comments

• Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    monstanite wrote: »
    How good is this build in terms of solo PvE?

Having followed this build for 89 levels, I can promise you in terms of solo PvE the LA mage is completely mediocre, and in some cases even underwhelming. That said, there are some higher level instances (rebirth primarily) that allow for rapid leveling and to complete these in the easiest, most cost-efficient manner there is no better build than the light armor mage.
  • siva783
    siva783 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Hi, Can i use pvp skill book for pve or not ..?

If no , have u a pve skill guide .
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    siva783 wrote: »
    Hi, Can i use pvp skill book for pve or not ..?

If no , have u a pve skill guide .

Yes you can, Pandora's skill guide is meant for PVP, but the things he say about the skills goes for pve too... Just when you are 100 % into PVE you mind wanna thing about maxing glacial embrace, glacial snare and wellspring quaff earlier as this are very pve skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Yes you can, Pandora's skill guide is meant for PVP, but the things he say about the skills goes for pve too... Just when you are 100 % into PVE you mind wanna thing about maxing glacial embrace, glacial snare and wellspring quaff earlier as this are very pve skills.
    That's what makes wizards so complicated. Some spells are poor at low levels while some good spells at low levels aren't so appealing once you're high. with genies things got even more complicated. anyone can get invulnerability to water and fire attacks. now imagine how depressing can be for a sage wizard willing to see the dragon hit some serious damage on a barb and then... resist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    there are workarounds :D start casting one, cancel, cast the other ulti. Barb will panic and get one invulnerability on , he can't switch for another that quick, + the skill has insane cooldown (30 sec). So you need basically a 160 energy genie to pull out two of them in a row, but we have 3 ultis anyway and we control 3 elements. U can't have protection against that. Clerics veno and archers are a little fked up there, cause u can be imune to a veno/cleric magic for 7s, and as a barb u get poked with plume shot.
    Beside, ALWAYS WATCH THE OTHER PLAYER'S BUFF ICONS. You can get a lot of info from there.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haiz - Lost City
    Haiz - Lost City Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Alright, a disclaimer: This guide is for helping you play your wizard and not suck at it. If you want to blow like Haiz and LLama go ahead, that's your choice, I don't really care.

I still giggle like a little school girl when I read this. He went sage because of me, I'm that special.b:shy

If the barb is 1v1 and is looking at you, you are much better off using the 2 sparks on sutra instead of a long casting ulti. If hes not looking at you and you just wanna be like, "SURPRISE BISH", drop that dragon on his ****. Usually they don't have enough time reacting to sutra to use any type of invulnerable skill.
  • Dinark - Lost City
    Dinark - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I like to use either double spark and Poisen on them and the nuke while damage increased.. Hav to say tho.. Ive never used sutra much and i need to start testin it
    Signiture Designed By meh ! b:cool b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Learn Chinese :
    Great! - Fa Kin Su Pah : Your Body Odor is Offensive - Yu Stin Ki Pu
    Thats Not Right - Sum Ting Wong : Stayin Out of Sight - Lei Ying Lo
    Are you Harbouring a Fugitive - Hu yu Hai Ding : Our Meeting Is Next Week - Wei Yu Kum Nao ?
    This is a Tow Away Zone - No Pah King : Did You Goto the Beach - Wei Yu So Tan
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    I want to point out a few things about an Arcane build at 90+, because although this is a nice guide in every other way, the armor 90+ is absolutely **** and so is the whole idea of being a LA wizard after 90.

Let's start with this:
    This is the analysis of the Skywalker set, the HH90 green armor.

My gear:
    Helm of Aqua Viciousness +4 (4x +32 HP)
    Skywalker Shell +4 (3x +40 HP)
    Skywalker Shins +4 (3x +40 HP)
    Spirit Eater's Boots +5 (HH80 GOLD BOOTS - 4x +40 HP)
    Skywalker Wrists +4 (3x +40 HP)
    Sky Demon's Pearl +4
    Cape of Tauren Chieften +6 (4x +32 HP)
    **Ring Of Flaming Sky +2 (Crit 2%, Magic +2, Dexterity +4)
    **Ring of Open Sky +3 (Crit 2%, Magic +3, Magic +4)
    Blessing of Christmas
    1% Crit Arrow
    ****ty HH80 sword +3 (Soon to be HH90 quoit +8 :p)

now, here it becomes funny. I'm a robe build and this is it :http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7ab745345eaa82a7. Don't be so amazed at the magic and str in rings I had to put somewhere the 3 stats that I could not put on robe ( 7 magic - 1 ring; 7 vit - another ring, 7 dex on the belt)
    What I can tell you about light at HH90:

*I have 4731 HP without buffs.
    AW, wonderful, I have 100 less. My boots are not at 5 and the cape is only 4 not 6. Prolly with those refines we would be matched.
    *I have 6083 HP with werebeast buff.
    Good job, I have 5950
    *Without buffs and with earth barrier, I have 58% physical reduction, 58% fire, wood and lightning, with slightly higher water (helm of aqua viciousness) and way higher earth (barrier, dur)
    hmmm, what do you know, I have 60% phys reduction and 65% magical reduction
    *With just priest buffs and earth barrier, I have 64% physical reduction and 66% elementals.
    I have 65% phys reduction and a minimum of 72% magic reduction
    *With warrior buff, I end up at 68% physical reduction.
    aw, I have 69% reduction.
    *Yoshiki (9X archer con archer with WAY plussed up 90 HH bow) hits me for 800 with stunshot, normal shots 400-600 normal shots.
    *Diego (9X dex archer with +3 Gold 88 bow) hits me for the same damage.
    *Phoenixes before level 95 ripping bite me for about 900 damage - which is basically nonfactor.
    *I still oneshot people and I don't even have my HH90 quoit on.
    yeah, nothing to comment here, except ppl have now at least +5 lunar gear and hit me for 1.5-2k crits.
    *I hit a high-80s robe mage for 1200 with stone rain, and he hits me with 1300 for sandstorm. And we're both **** for attacking other mages with earth spells in PVP (gg habit), but the point is made.
    yeah, I could comment on the **** part but I'm making huge efforts to restrain myself. I hit about 1.8-1.9k/ stone rain on a 80s wizard, 2.3k 80s clerics and venos and 2.8-3.5 on LA and HA. I even critted a 10k on a barb in TW with a SR.
    I am now fully convinced that robes suck balls and light is the way to go. I am able to tank two archers and, if I can go long enough without being stunned, pop one of them and blink away from the other before dying...
    I tanked a cleric, barb and wizard being ganked while scouting and killed 2 of them and HP away from the barb. Doesn't prove anything, if u have 2 sparks and both FoW and Soporific in cooldown archers are a toy.
    The damage that Haiz and Llama, 2 robe mages do to me is pathetic. Judging by the amount they do to me compared to what I do to them, I'd have to say we hit for the same amount of damage.

Robe is **** and so is full int.

Period.
    I don't know what lvl Haiz and Llama where back then, but I can tell you right now if I hit a undined LA ( archer/wizz/veno) I don't need more than 3 shots without crit, charm tick included.

PS: I know you don't play anymore for a long time, and this post is addressed more towards the ones that take this guide/gear as a bible and think they are somehow better.
    LA is a very good and cheap option pre-90. With the gold prices right now I EVEN RECOMMEND IT. After 90....look at the stats and think again. After 95 the two builds cannot be compared anymore, Arcane/Robe is just in a different class LA is just dreaming of.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    I want to point out a few things about an Arcane build at 90+, because although this is a nice guide in every other way, the armor 90+ is absolutely **** and so is the whole idea of being a LA wizard after 90.

Let's start with this:

now, here it becomes funny. I'm a robe build and this is it :http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7ab745345eaa82a7. Don't be so amazed at the magic and str in rings I had to put somewhere the 3 stats that I could not put on robe ( 7 magic - 1 ring; 7 vit - another ring, 7 dex on the belt)

AW, wonderful, I have 100 less. My boots are not at 5 and the cape is only 4 not 6. Prolly with those refines we would be matched.

Good job, I have 5950

hmmm, what do you know, I have 60% phys reduction and 65% magical reduction

I have 65% phys reduction and a minimum of 72% magic reduction

aw, I have 69% reduction.

yeah, nothing to comment here, except ppl have now at least +5 lunar gear and hit me for 1.5-2k crits.

yeah, I could comment on the **** part but I'm making huge efforts to restrain myself. I hit about 1.8-1.9k/ stone rain on a 80s wizard, 2.3k 80s clerics and venos and 2.8-3.5 on LA and HA. I even critted a 10k on a barb in TW with a SR.

I tanked a cleric, barb and wizard being ganked while scouting and killed 2 of them and HP away from the barb. Doesn't prove anything, if u have 2 sparks and both FoW and Soporific in cooldown archers are a toy.

I don't know what lvl Haiz and Llama where back then, but I can tell you right now if I hit a undined LA ( archer/wizz/veno) I don't need more than 3 shots without crit, charm tick included.

PS: I know you don't play anymore for a long time, and this post is addressed more towards the ones that take this guide/gear as a bible and think they are somehow better.
    LA is a very good and cheap option pre-90. With the gold prices right now I EVEN RECOMMEND IT. After 90....look at the stats and think again. After 95 the two builds cannot be compared anymore, Arcane/Robe is just in a different class LA is just dreaming of.

It's not much to boast about.
    When Pandora was 90 that gear was good, now everyone and their mother can get anything they want in this game on a silver platter. Not a big deal.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    and this is what I wanted to point out.
    I don't have amazing gear, I have pretty common stuff, even without considering event Visa rewards. True, I got a Frost Wand and a Cape, but it's not something hard to afford (60 mils for both) if u do some TT farming .

What Pandora did is not a bad thing, but it's obsolete. To see ppl 90+ following this guide to the letter now it doesn't make any sense to me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    I don't have amazing gear, I have pretty common stuff, even without considering event Visa rewards. True, I got a Frost Wand and a Cape, but it's not something hard to afford (60 mils for both) if u do some TT farming .

What Pandora did is not a bad thing, but it's obsolete. To see ppl 90+ following this guide to the letter now it doesn't make any sense to me.

Wow you really use a frost wand? Isn't the glaive (frost or TT90) like the only weapon for mages..?? I thought the hp bonus is nothing compared to the damage bonus you get from the glaives, which is what makes mages what we are...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    the loss in survivability (360 HP unbuffed) is not worth the extra dmg for now. I made a trade for the moment, more HP for a little less dmg. I could not afford 5+ refines on my gear to compensate for the HP loss, and actually the wand at +5 gets a damn good dmg (just look at the build link). No question, from pure dmg point of view glaive is better, but that's worth it when your gear is +5 and up and not +4 like it is mine now.
    The 1.5k spike dmg that the glaive has is basically a 1500/4(pvp reduction) /2(50% dmg reduction)...so it comes up to a max 200/hit if u catch the spike and less in other cases. Wand has a pretty short dmg interval so you can rely on the output.
    Against magic classes is a null point cause pretty much every class has more than 60-65% magic dmg reduction in TW, against archers it comes to that 200 ONLY at spike and against BMs/Barbs the diff is a little bigger in spike cases, but the channel add is also nice and compensates for that little spike diff.
    If u stack some channel (95 lunar rings)the wand is on par with the glaive, at least in my PoV. These 95 lunar rings are the second big reason why I went for the Wand. I get 260 HP right now from my rings and I plan to change them with 2 lunar at 95. That would have take me to a 4k HP unbuffed with the current refines. To get back to 4.6k at 95 I would have to invest at least 150 gold in refines. Not very much worth it when I can get virtually the same dmg output without having to sell a lung and my liver

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    :http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=7ab745345eaa82a7. Don't be so amazed at the magic and str in rings I had to put somewhere the 3 stats that I could not put on robe ( 7 magic - 1 ring; 7 vit - another ring, 7 dex on the belt)

lol Ursa my damage is bigger than yours b:cute

b:bye

p.s. the lunarglade cape doesn't come with those bs p.def adds, that's the fb99 heaven cape. b:victory
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    the loss in survivability (360 HP unbuffed) is not worth the extra dmg for now. I made a trade for the moment, more HP for a little less dmg. I could not afford 5+ refines on my gear to compensate for the HP loss, and actually the wand at +5 gets a damn good dmg (just look at the build link). No question, from pure dmg point of view glaive is better, but that's worth it when your gear is +5 and up and not +4 like it is mine now.
    The 1.5k spike dmg that the glaive has is basically a 1500/4(pvp reduction) /2(50% dmg reduction)...so it comes up to a max 200/hit if u catch the spike and less in other cases. Wand has a pretty short dmg interval so you can rely on the output.
    Against magic classes is a null point cause pretty much every class has more than 60-65% magic dmg reduction in TW, against archers it comes to that 200 ONLY at spike and against BMs/Barbs the diff is a little bigger in spike cases, but the channel add is also nice and compensates for that little spike diff.
    If u stack some channel (95 lunar rings)the wand is on par with the glaive, at least in my PoV. These 95 lunar rings are the second big reason why I went for the Wand. I get 260 HP right now from my rings and I plan to change them with 2 lunar at 95. That would have take me to a 4k HP unbuffed with the current refines. To get back to 4.6k at 95 I would have to invest at least 150 gold in refines. Not very much worth it when I can get virtually the same dmg output without having to sell a lung and my liver

Thanks for clearing that out, sounds actually like a good reason! :)
    Yet Im going to TT90 glaive, only thing is im gonna stack -chan so the TT90 gold sword looks interesting... Also bit more stable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    lol Ursa my damage is bigger than yours b:cute

b:bye

p.s. the lunarglade cape doesn't come with those bs p.def adds, that's the fb99 heaven cape. b:victory

maybe and not by much, but not the HP /pdef. And yeah, It's not hard to get a bigger dmg, just use a +7 TT90 glaive and the dmg is bigger. But at 95 I will have the channel + crit and HP/pdef to not really care about that 500 + dmg that will come with less survival. Believe me, when a +5 rank8 bow or a +6-7 lunar bow hits you in TW you want as much pdef and HP as you can get. Pdef is not worth it after a while, but HP gain doesn't suffer diminishing returns.
    And yeah , those pdef adds are on the cape, no BS. Go to the PWI Boutique Agent and check it up.

LLE: put you build here, let's see where u stand.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    maybe and not by much, but not the HP /pdef. And yeah , those pdef adds are on the cape, no BS. Go to the PWI Boutique Agent and check it up.

no really, the lunar capes have -chann/-interval, the cape with the godly p.def is the fb99 heaven cape- glorious torment... just thought I'd be a smartass and point out that you picked the wrong cape to represent your uber e-peen.

and lol i see the ninja edit too :P
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    aw, the naming you mean? that prolly I messed up, but not the stats or refine gains so no relevant damage on the char stats.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    Arcane isn't overkill, it's basically the same damage as light, lol.

However, at 96, because of how high the levels are, the difference in mag gets pretty considerable and the damage does become noticably better. So why 96 and not 90? There's a cape at 96 that adds 250 pdef. Combine that with the pdef 5% hp necklace, and you have 2 pieces of endgame gear that you can upgrade to massive amounts since you'll never (likely) have to change it.

250 pdef on a piece of gear that didn't normally have pdef and two pieces of gear that are considered "final" gear means that you can go upgrade crazy and not feel bad, finally bringing the pdef of robe to an acceptable level.

But, if you put all pdef stones in your gear, you're **** and still ****. It doesn't matter if you have 8k pdef like a light armor but only 4k hp. Still a oneshot.

That is a pretty amazing weapon considering the mats don't even exist in the game w/out chips + fees lol. But that aside and totally off topic; Ursa you're totally right, there are no reasonable arguments for mages going LA past 90. Pandora did 90% of PvP against lowbies, his "spectacular" trip-spark + HF crits are actually laughable when you figure the base damage on this crit was only about 4.2k (that's with holy fury burst too!!!!). Heaven stone rain from pure mage @ lv 90 will do 3.5-4k damage w/out any bonuses (no crit, no spark, no nadda), which means same damage w/out using 3 sparks.

"Obsolete" is the right word, it's that simple. Caesar's cata barbs all have 23k+ HP buffed up, and ours are only mediocre compared to the best on HT; Sanc has 30k+ barbs, and someone mentioned CQ had a 40kHP wb(!?!?)b:shocked. And the notion of LA having greater surviveability is a joke; Pandora has/had +4% more p.def reduction than I do, and a grand whopping 1400 more HP (of course he had +4/5 gear, I haven't even started refining yet... +2 ftw).
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    true, that's the cape. but stats are fked up on pwdatabase

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2009
    together with the weapon is the best thing I bought so far.

stats on the cloak are:
    6 str
    7 vit
    6 agil
    7 magic
    216 pdef
    216 pdef

refined to +4 has 147 HP bonus only from refine.

How good it is? Is not good, is absolutely wonderful. I gained 1k pdef self buffed, 2k pdef full buffed + additional HP.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2009
    And pwcalc shows the same stats?

How nice is this cloak?

The glorious torment cape has two +219p.def mods, +6~7 of each stat. b:victory
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    okey so what and what ea level for ur build i guess im a pure mage build??? i just get enough to wear the wep of my level. so how many to mage per 2 lvls or per 1 lvl cause the make of this guide didn't put numbers...
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    edited November 2009
    okey so what and what ea level for ur build i guess im a pure mage build??? i just get enough to wear the wep of my level. so how many to mage per 2 lvls or per 1 lvl cause the make of this guide didn't put numbers...

Thank god we have other guides and a search function. :)

9 mag 1 str every 2 levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxymage - Harshlands
    Foxymage - Harshlands Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    lol thats the build i have for my veno...
    -i was in the million dolla meetins he was cheatin. all up in the church, he was sneakin with the deacon. cats away while the mice will play lol smiley face have a nicer day. cuz pop pop po it goes my rubber band so stop stop stop sniffin that contraband. cuz you was penny pinchin my accounts laced attenion! about face.

~nicki minaj~
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited November 2009
    Can we unsticky this guide please?

its old, outdated and completely wrong

the amount of lowbie LA wizards i see on a daily basis is really disgusting
  • Nrgy - Dreamweaver
    Nrgy - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2009

This.
    Really hope they do that, i know for a fact a friend of mine wizz started his char after this guide on Sanct server and around lvl 30 he was so disgusted that he almost quit the game .Luckily PWi started the 2 new servers and he started a new pure arcane wizz on DW (lvl94+ now).He absolutely loves his wizz and he is one of the top5 best wizzies on our server.
    img532.imageshack.us/img532/3159/alotofworkfornothing.jpg ... Persistence is futile.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    ppl were asking for a while to Sticky Seraphim's guide. Do the mods listen? NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
    Why should they? as long as you don't say anything bad about PWI you can put a pile of **** in the middle of topic and no one cares.

The only good thing this guide has is the skill description. Everything else is just so outdated and wrong that I really haven't seen any bigger semi-official recipe for failure in any other MMORPG I ever played.

Pandora's disclaimer at the beginning is just the opposite of every other advice given after.

PPL read this "PVP wizard guide" and just follow it without reading the rest of the gazillion pages ppl commented on.

All due respect to Pandora and the guide at the moment it was written. But since then we're going to be soon at the second expansion, so basically that guide is...for another game.

Earth calling MODs, Earth calling MODs, are you there MODs?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Lowbie is the time to be LA...
    this guide is still perfectly viable. It's a different build, and if built correctly under 96, is not bad.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xuuyi - Lost City
    Xuuyi - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    me sexy wizzy xuuyi, me bored..........b:surrender
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2009
    me sexy wizzy xuuyi, me bored..........b:surrender

Are you related to MagicHamsta?
This discussion has been closed.