Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Comments

• Calliope - Heavens Tear
    Calliope - Heavens Tear Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    You're right, that *is* low. I'll log in tomorrow to see what was up with that. Maybe his buff was under-levelled?
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    So you have less than 2k hp unbuffed. >_>
    a LA at your level has 3k unbuffed easily.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Oh, I just noticed the Sakya's Light... I had over 4.6k pdef with one. Never had myself fully buffed with one though, since I sold it off because it was lower in power than my wand which was 1/3rd of it's price.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
    edited April 2009
    So you have less than 2k hp unbuffed.
    Maybe you're thinking of AndromedaB? It's been months since I was below 2k unbuffed.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    Not really, I had 2.8k hp with some +2 gear and mostly 3 avg HP shards. You'd need to refine everything to like +2, get a Grief's Breath (Ew) and quite some gear with +HP/vit.
    edited April 2009
    I'm too cheap to +2 my gear or use anything higher than g4 shards (unless it came with better in AH).

Anyway, I checked and that 2.8 is correct (2.2 unbuffed or so), as I've been swapping out hp gears for pdef ones. Sounds like it's time to go back to pumping hp.
  • poorteg
    poorteg Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Since LA wiz kill slower than Pure, soloing after lvl 90 seem to be impossible.

What are the Zhen spot in heaven/hell? What lvl mobs and coord are the zhen spot?
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2009

Yeah. And 4k+ not-so-easily.

But... what matters is you're having fun, right? =p
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • Gendread - Harshlands
    Gendread - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    Melee Mage:
    Shut up.

You just made my day lol
  • Zosai - Harshlands
    Zosai - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    because u said melee mage, ima make one : O. ima get it to level.... 40 and then pwn newbs with it. :Db:byeb:bye
  • Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    ark wrote: »
    Yeah. And 4k+ not-so-easily.

But... what matters is you're having fun, right? =p

I'm a LA cleric and I have 3.7k hp unbuffed. Its not that hard. (I am restatting robe at 90 though, no point for an ep to be LA at 9x)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    this guide is noob! the perfect build for wiz is light armor + bow. you have constant dmg boost (frostblade), you can heal yourself even barehanded and your defense (water, fire, earth and phys) is immensely higher than archer's. who cares about mana hungry, slow channel animated skills that make clerics run desperately to seal you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • ryziel
    ryziel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    when should i start specing for light armor if i want to be a light armor game? getting my str and dex 4 point above my lvl would take a few lvls...so when should i start specing them?
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited May 2009
    ryziel wrote: »
    when should i start specing for light armor if i want to be a light armor game? getting my str and dex 4 point above my lvl would take a few lvls...so when should i start specing them?
    I'd start adding points around 40-45, so you can make the switch around 55-60.
  • Anemone - Harshlands
    Anemone - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Edit: Got my numbers, thanks. 8r
    Formerly /Haiku/ of Lost City.
    Still cognitive atrophy at its finest.
  • tyrtallow
    tyrtallow Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    It's been a while seen the guide was written. Life is now a lot easier for Mages in PvE, especially if you pay close attention to your apothecary skills. The new genie system also makes farming for spirit more viable so Mages who choose to level up slower in "easy" levels now have the option improve their skills, preparing themselves for those "challenging" levels.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    CAN I PLEASE STOP SEEING LEVEL 30 and 40 LA MAGES WHO WENT LA THANKS TO THIS ****ING GUIDE.

THIS GUIDE NEEDS A WARNING LABLE. "PREPAIR" TO SPEND MONEY ON A ****ING RESTAT
  • meaangirl
    meaangirl Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    CAN I PLEASE STOP SEEING LEVEL 30 and 40 LA MAGES WHO WENT LA THANKS TO THIS ****ING GUIDE.

THIS GUIDE NEEDS A WARNING LABLE. "PREPAIR" TO SPEND MONEY ON A ****ING RESTAT

I bet these 3x and 4x LA mages fap to Pandora's avatar too b:shocked
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Nothing wrong with LA.
    Past 96 it's a little questionable though.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LILnasttiie - Heavens Tear
    LILnasttiie - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i was LA since lvl 1 . this was the guide i followed inch by inch but i apprently gone dumb one day and confused my barb wit my mage and i put +1str+1dex and +3 vit >.< so now i have to get a freaking reset note dammit. one lil mistake can cost u 500k b:cry. but i would like some advices on how to 1v1 venos and cleric. those are the class i really need some tactic wit. i find these class to be the hardest to kill. venos their pet keep interupting u. and cleric its just like wth. thank u
    Avengers!
  • Rezsonate - Heavens Tear
    Rezsonate - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Pandora.

I love you.
    Dang!...I just lost my train of thought...
  • Kannone - Heavens Tear
    Kannone - Heavens Tear Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    i was LA since lvl 1 . this was the guide i followed inch by inch but i apprently gone dumb one day and confused my barb wit my mage and i put +1str+1dex and +3 vit >.< so now i have to get a freaking reset note dammit. one lil mistake can cost u 500k b:cry. but i would like some advices on how to 1v1 venos and cleric. those are the class i really need some tactic wit. i find these class to be the hardest to kill. venos their pet keep interupting u. and cleric its just like wth. thank u

I haven't been able to beat a cleric in a duel yet, though I've come close & the light armor definitely helps survivability with them...

Venos though are weaksauce, especially with how many are using *laughs* LA on HT, here's what I do & it works so long as they aren't pro with a 'nix (nix is facerape anyways so have no suggestions for those):

When the duel starts counting down run away from the veno, the pet will chase you win the duel starts:

The building trick:
    At "0" when the duel starts, blink away further & jump on a building. Veno will do one of two things: stand & wait for you (not likely) in which case you kill the pet (3 shots lol) & then just get in a cast-off with the veno (you'll win 9/10 times); or they'll chase after you (pet can't do anything to you on a building) at which point you can gush -> SS -> pyro -> gush before they get close enough to start casting, then just . you'll win here easily.

The bum rush:
    At "0" (you should be outside of their casting range by now) just gush the pet & blink right at the veno. [with sparks] this is a good time to use fow -> sutra combo; [w/out sparks (why dueling?)] go SS -> gush -> pyro -> target pet -> phoenix ~OR~ FoW -> target veno -> FoW ~OR~ phoenix -> SS -> why the hell is this duel still going O_o?

works for me, arcane venos are harder & honestly I cary LA & quest arcane armor so for venos I switch to the arcane stuff before the duel ... also, the building trick is pure winsauce against barbs.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    lol, light mage beating a cleric. what a fail cleric.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Nothing wrong with LA.
    Past 96 it's a little questionable though.

Low level LA is just plain stupid.... You know that =/ Only area where LA shines is 7x and 8x.
    lol, light mage beating a cleric. what a fail cleric.

and you're a fail troll.

tempest crits are deadly b:bye
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    ..from a pure mage. and even then, unless that priest is cayeon, i don't think they're going to die so easily to a mage.

what kind of priest let's a mage use tempest without plume shell up anyways?
  • Rezsonate - Heavens Tear
    Rezsonate - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    ..from a pure mage. and even then, unless that priest is cayeon, i don't think they're going to die so easily to a mage.

what kind of priest let's a mage use tempest without plume shell up anyways?

A FoW-ed one :D

PANDORA MARRY ME!
    Dang!...I just lost my train of thought...
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    these mages like crit more than -chant, so they don't have enough time to use tempest after fow before we can use plume shell.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    soporific whisper FTW?
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2009
    is even shorter than fow.`

what are you proving?
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    That you can channel BT in those 4 seconds(but you will need a chi pot to replace the spark)
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
This discussion has been closed.