Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Comments

• drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    wow well thanks...
    Well than first of all let me do some manners...
    someone said in forum to Pandora that "I respect you" or so... But I dont know how to respect a person who just say randomly for ppl who does not aggre withhim that "you are retareded" just because he said arcane has same HP than LA... Well even if he gt wrong I think that is far from be ****...

And now for dear Krsitoph...you call me as an idiot because I said we can try to kill anyone without being hit?? Actually it can be done if you are not a beginner....unless you sleep while the other just killes you.All you need just to be carefull about ppl and althugh you can do the 1st hit...Even if it hits I doubt that with 8,6 k Phsycal res will be 1 shooted...and than again I said if yo uare full int you kill before it to be hit because your low lvl fast skills deals enough dammage to kill the opponent pretty fast...

And if you rol back a few pages you can see a little post where was todl from other Perfectworld countries that lvl 100 for a robe is amust ....and Pandora even said that is not true and what that noob guy does is bad or such things...

Anyways many ppl are missing the 7 years home... Otherwise we wouldn't say to others that "you are stupid" "you are idiot" "you are retareded" and so on and so on....
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You're right. I'm not of the opinion that 100+ has to be robe. I'm pretty sure you could stay light, and not use manifest virtue, because I have a feeling that that skill isn't as spectacular as it looks. Chances are, it's not "matk", it's "weapon matk" which gimps it considerably but, then again, we'll never know until someone's got it.

However, as much as I like light, I'll be changing to robe at 96. As more parts of your gear gain pdef modifiers, robe becomes more and more worthwhile. Not to mention earth barrier, if you manage to get it.

Though I'm not **** enough to put 4 pdef gems in every part. The addiction to seeing your pdef go up and the addiction to saying "I HAVE AS MUCH PDEF AS LIGHT ARMOR" is not at all worth the HP lost from not having any HP stones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    You're right. I'm not of the opinion that 100+ has to be robe. I'm pretty sure you could stay light, and not use manifest virtue, because I have a feeling that that skill isn't as spectacular as it looks. Chances are, it's not "matk", it's "weapon matk" which gimps it considerably but, then again, we'll never know until someone's got it.

However, as much as I like light, I'll be changing to robe at 96. As more parts of your gear gain pdef modifiers, robe becomes more and more worthwhile. Not to mention earth barrier, if you manage to get it.

Though I'm not **** enough to put 4 pdef gems in every part. The addiction to seeing your pdef go up and the addiction to saying "I HAVE AS MUCH PDEF AS LIGHT ARMOR" is not at all worth the HP lost from not having any HP stones.

Robe later on is amazing, same with the ornaments with crazy pdef, the cape, etc. I think you'll love your attacking power with that weapon you have b:victory

I personally like Pdef stone spam because refining is always an option. I got um... 7.2k def and 4.5k HP fully buffed with +3 and +4 gear b:thanks

EDIT: rofl i forgot you were LA the other day xD
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    lol...

This is exactly why we laugh at you. You know what that is? PvE server mentality. I have a friend on HT and he does the same. If I see him scanning other people's gear, I see the same. The average gear on a PvE server is laughable.

so because i don't waste all my valuable coin on worthless level 70 armor like the idiots in lost city, instead saving it for better armors that are worth wasting on, the whole server is laughable?

ya, ok.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    like the idiots in lost city
    I love hypocrisy
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    so because i don't waste all my valuable coin on worthless level 70 armor like the idiots in lost city, instead saving it for better armors that are worth wasting on, the whole server is laughable?

ya, ok.

What the hell are you talking about. lol Get out of this PvP thread.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    I love hypocrisy
    really? that's nice.
    What the hell are you talking about. lol Get out of this PvP thread.
    this thread is not directly related to pvp. why don't you get out of this wizard guide? you're 9x, don't you know what you're doing yet?
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    this thread is not directly related to pvp.

>Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide
    >PVP Wizard
    >PVP

Wat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    really? that's nice.

this thread is not directly related to pvp. why don't you get out of this wizard guide? you're 9x, don't you know what you're doing yet?

Look at the title it says Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide. Key word is "PVP".

edit - damn lol that guy posted b4 i could
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    it is not directly related to pvp. there's a small section on it, but it does not revolve around it.
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Forp did u even read it? It gives his opinion on skills and each skill and their usefulness, tells u low, mid, and 80's pvp as well as a wizards role in TW. If that isnt "PVP" and a decent amount of the post then i dunno what else u want from him. What else would u want the guide to include then?
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    i simply said it's not directly related to pvp, relax. the guide is how to build a wizard "to not suck", as long as you avoid his unbelievably biased opinion about light armor. if it were a strict pvp guide, there would be nothing else than how you fight different classes.
  • BrownflameZ - Lost City
    BrownflameZ - Lost City Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    it is not directly related to pvp. there's a small section on it, but it does not revolve around it.

So many people want you to get the **** out of here. Do you not have any self dignity? Stop embarrassing yourself and leave.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    so many? the handful of people posting? quiet random.
  • xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    anyway.. if i can slide a question between all the fussin b:laugh

if someone wanted to go LA wiz, would it be reccomended to do so for lv30 and up, or would it be better to stay robes and pump mag to kill faster to get to some higher level first?
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    xxxdsmer wrote: »
    anyway.. if i can slide a question between all the fussin b:laugh

if someone wanted to go LA wiz, would it be reccomended to do so for lv30 and up, or would it be better to stay robes and pump mag to kill faster to get to some higher level first?
    Personally I think pvp as a wizard below 60 sucks so bad either way that you might as well focus on leveling. I started adding points around 45 and went LA at 55. If you don't mind using reset scrolls, grind as Arcane for as long as you can. When you decide you want to pvp, restat.
  • xxxdsmer
    edited March 2009
    i wouldnt mind using reset scroll(s) to restat, but the thing is having the money or coin to get the resets hehe.

has any1 tried LA at 30+?
    i'm pretty sure an arcane pure mag wiz at lv30 would do a good bit more dmg than a LA wiz at 30, but like with my cleric he's got plume sheild if phys dmg gets too rough and he's got iornheart blessing to keep hp up if needed as well (which only has 2 seconds from start to effect)

wiz on the other hand, his heal's a good bit longer than that (5.7 sec) which is jus fine for healing between mobs.

i spos if i had the money or coin for resets i could jus start building to try out LA on my wiz at 30 and if its not all that great at that low of level i could restat arcane n pure mag till a higher lvl
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    well I think Manifest Virtue is quite good...you know the cleric magic attack buff?? that gves 70% for weapon damage so we know that...but a lvl 100 wizard with wellspring quaff lvl 10 I bet a pure magic wizard he can have 17 k+ maybe 20 k...so it is more than twice better than the cleric buff...and 30 secs is quite something:P

ALthogh Kristoph u shouldn;t laugh to Forp because he has apoint to save money...althugh Forp you too I dont think that the Lost city servers are idiots because they MUST buy all the better stuff...they have no time to wait to get higher lvls and such because you won't last there...

If you would be in Lost city I bet you have a feeling to buy good stuffs...and than yo would call yourself a Lost City idiot as now?

But I think stil that a Light armor mage can level far faster till lvl 86....Because I see more and more people are doing rebirth...and there a light amror mage is a must...so tat gives high EXP and money... after 90...I dont know...I will fid out later maybe:))
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    drag0nball wrote: »
    ALthogh Kristoph u shouldn;t laugh to Forp because he has apoint to save money...althugh Forp you too I dont think that the Lost city servers are idiots because they MUST buy all the better stuff...they have no time to wait to get higher lvls and such because you won't last there...
    I'm not laughing at "saving money", I do it myself. But buying decent armor with good stats, refine level and shards from the auction house is not wasting money. You can sell it for what you bought it for. It just makes a huge difference in pvp; more HP = harder to bypass/outdamage hiero. People are going to be much harder to kill on LC, and you'll have to deal with a lot more attacks from behind, any random player can decide to shoot you in the back, whether you're pvping or training/whatever.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    the reason i call people in lost city idiots is because they're so full of it they can't see that everybody in every server deals with the same thing. i'm from heaven's tear, so what? i'm not getting jumped by nitwits that think light armor is a pro way to be a mage at level 90. and, damn, i've been in the 70s for 2 weeks. wasting 5m refining hh70 for 3k hp just isn't worth it.

manifest virtue isn't as great as everybody thinks it is.

level 100 mage has roughly 10k mana, 16k with wellspring quaff. manifest virtue adds intuition for 30 seconds, which is the same buff you get from sparks. the intuition value is roughly +160% matk for 30 seconds, which would make it more useful than a normal spark eruption, but spark eruption adds +200% matk for 10 seconds.

unless you've got 20k mana(you'd be sacraficing a lot of hp for this), it's weaker than your level 29 spark.
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    the reason i call people in lost city idiots is because they're so full of it they can't see that everybody in every server deals with the same thing. i'm from heaven's tear, so what? i'm not getting jumped by nitwits that think light armor is a pro way to be a mage at level 90. and, damn, i've been in the 70s for 2 weeks. wasting 5m refining hh70 for 3k hp just isn't worth it.

manifest virtue isn't as great as everybody thinks it is.

level 100 mage has roughly 10k mana, 16k with wellspring quaff. manifest virtue adds intuition for 30 seconds, which is the same buff you get from sparks. the intuition value is roughly +160% matk for 30 seconds, which would make it more useful than a normal spark eruption, but spark eruption adds +200% matk for 10 seconds.

unless you've got 20k mana(you'd be sacraficing a lot of hp for this), it's weaker than your level 29 spark.

A pure int 100 Mage has 6K+ Base HP. And alot more than 10K mana. I have 9.9K @ level 92.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    a level 100 pure int mage has base: 2030 hp; 9142 mp.

now if you factored in hh90 and various other decent armors leading to 100, you get something like this:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=497b8160f9073b54

and assuming you're like everybody else in every other server, you end up finally with something like this:
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=14cdfc1585f5dfb8

i used grade 6 because all servers are flooded with them and, evidently, working for grade 8 for the sexy glow isn't worth it. idc, i will.
  • xxxdsmer
    edited March 2009
    well, i went n did some playing with that calculator. its quite a nice tool actually, and very well laid out n simple to use.

(apologies in advance about a long post :) )
    (also seems that spacing things out while typing them dosent carry on to the post :/ )

i did a lv30 wiz with arcane and light armor, both with the quest reward torso and pants for arcane and light (dont know if its possible for something other than an archer to wear the quest reward top and bottom though)

and i dont know how to post a link like some do because the url still shows the same as when i went to the page, so here's the gears i have:
    skysunder amulet, 2 ring of blazing fury, mirage sword 1 socket with G5 sapphire, and everything other than the quest reward top and bottom is plain jane 1 star of the highest lvl that a lv30 can wear (boots, belt, wrists) and for the comparison i also used the same ornaments on both

arcane armor mage at lv30___________light armr mage at lv30
    19str, the rest into mag:____________34str, 34dex, rest into mag:
    Physical Atk.___182-249____________Physical Atk.____186-259
    Magic Atk._____888-1009___________Magic Atk.______731-830
    Critical Hit_____1%________________Critical Hit_______3%
    Attack rate____1.25 /sec___________Attack rate______1.25 /sec
    Accuracy______60_________________Accuracy_______220
    Evasion________78_________________Evasion________142
    Speed_________4.8 m/s_____________Speed__________4.8 m/s
    Attack Lv._____0__________________Attack Lv._______0
    ================================================

and now for the defenses side of things:
    arcane__________________________light
    Physical Def.__293________________Physical Def.__712
    Element.Res______________________Element.Res
    Metal________1504_______________Metal_________958
    Wood________1504_______________Wood_________958
    Water________1504_______________Water________958
    Fire__________1504_______________Fire__________958
    Earth_________1558______________Earth_________1009
    Defence Lv____0_________________Defense Lv____0

with lv5 stone barrier (if i'm thinking right on how it works lol):
    arcane Pdef: 439.5_______________light Pdef: 1068

question is, is it worth losing that amount of magic attack and elemental defense to gain that amount of physical defense for a wiz? (keeping in mind i used all the same ornaments [pdef ones] from the arcane calc to do the LA calc)

but also i dont know if it would be possible for a lv30 wiz to wear the lv30 quest reward top and bottom, as i'm pretty sure human quest reward armor options would be either arcane or heavy.
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    some people think game ends when they reach 89.
    some people think game ends when they reach 100.
    I think game will not end so early... at 100 it's quite obvious elemental invocation is not appealing. but... what if you are 150, with about 15k MP without wellspring? what about lvl 200?
    and the same argument eternally... a lvl 89 wearing arcane robe HAS low phys defense and a lvl 89 light armor wizard HAS lower damage. same will be to lvl 100... 200... 300 whatever.
    items mess with the scale, obviously. with godly items a lvl 100 robe wiz can have 24% critical and a light wiz can have more damage, crit and even elemental res than the vast majority of robe wizards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • akasmock
    akasmock Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I don't know if I'm asking too much but is it possible if you can show a clear outline of what skills to get first or link me to something that shows that? I don't know if it's just me but I can't seem to quite understand which skills should be prioritized.
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    akasmock wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm asking too much but is it possible if you can show a clear outline of what skills to get first or link me to something that shows that? I don't know if it's just me but I can't seem to quite understand which skills should be prioritized.

the first page?
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    akasmock wrote: »

1st page, 2nd post is my skill bible...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miss_Tika - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    1st page, 2nd post is my skill bible...

When you going to finish the Cube guide <_< (not like i need it or anything)
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited April 2009
    I actually finished it, but the ****ty forums deleted everything past what you see and I didn't back it up. I asked the GMs to recover it and they never did. I won't write it again until I get really motivated, that was a ton of ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CeliaZ - Sanctuary
    CeliaZ - Sanctuary Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited April 2009
    I actually finished it, but the ****ty forums deleted everything past what you see and I didn't back it up. I asked the GMs to recover it and they never did. I won't write it again until I get really motivated, that was a ton of ****.

Then you better take it all away, cause now people get confused...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.