Pandora's PVP Wizard Guide

Options

Comments

• majero
    majero Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    As you can see from the video Pandora just posted (Lost City forums) you can see him 3v1ing a CQ Barb. He tickled him, even with undine strike. The barb is only a few levels higher than Pandora. His Undine strike Dragon hit the barb for roughly 4.5k? The barb wasn't even buffed lol. Any full int (unbuffed) mage would have hit the same barb for 2000 or more damage. Pandora's weapon is also +8...enough said.

Full Int mages don't rely on crits to PK, they just... PK with reliable damage. mages are meant to be a glass cannon. But with good gear, that glass cannon wont be that easy to shatter. Some CQ mages have over 5k HP and around 8k defense fully buffed.

90 LA mages, of course they can tank **** and have nice HP, but they can't solo kill ANYTHING.

Pandora you also only have a 12% crit rate. Robe mages can have as much as 8, which is pretty good in my opinion. (LLama, you have 9?) LLama didn't you ONE SHOT yoshiki? I'd love to see a LA mage do that b:shutup

I'm not saying LA mages suck, because i honestly dont believe that, but pure int mages hit MUCH harder. "Robe and LA mages hit vritually the same" is BS and you know it.
  • sillyfoo
    sillyfoo Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    majero wrote: »
    As you can see from the video Pandora just posted (Lost City forums) you can see him 3v1ing a CQ Barb. He tickled him, even with undine strike. The barb is only a few levels higher than Pandora. His Undine strike Dragon hit the barb for roughly 4.5k? The barb wasn't even buffed lol. Any full int (unbuffed) mage would have hit the same barb for 2000 or more damage. Pandora's weapon is also +8...enough said.

Full Int mages don't rely on crits to PK, they just... PK with reliable damage. mages are meant to be a glass cannon. But with good gear, that glass cannon wont be that easy to shatter. Some CQ mages have over 5k HP and around 8k defense fully buffed.

90 LA mages, of course they can tank **** and have nice HP, but they can't solo kill ANYTHING.

Pandora you also only have a 12% crit rate. Robe mages can have as much as 8, which is pretty good in my opinion. (LLama, you have 9?) LLama didn't you ONE SHOT yoshiki? I'd love to see a LA mage do that b:shutup

I'm not saying LA mages suck, because i honestly dont believe that, but pure int mages hit MUCH harder. "Robe and LA mages hit vritually the same" is BS and you know it.

b:chuckle Yeah, thats why i wanted to test both builds at 90 and show a chart to prove or disprove Pandora.
  • majero
    edited March 2009
    Options
    sillyfoo wrote: »
    b:chuckle Yeah, thats why i wanted to test both builds at 90 and show a chart to prove or disprove Pandora.

Try a private server, you'll be able to get both mages to 90 with gear etc in like an hour.
  • sillyfoo
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Only an hour O_O omg but no thanks i'd rather play on these servers since its more fun for me.
  • majero
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Only an hour O_O omg but no thanks i'd rather play on these servers since its more fun for me.

Lol i was just saying as a way to test damage.
  • Pandora - Lost City
    Pandora - Lost City Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    majero wrote: »
    As you can see from the video Pandora just posted (Lost City forums) you can see him 3v1ing a CQ Barb. He tickled him, even with undine strike.

You may want to note that I'm also not buffed.

Actually, we can. We just run on our crit rate, lol.

Actually, I oneshot Yoshiki in the last BLT war with dragon. You're free to ask him, I doubt he'll lie about it.

They really don't, but aight!

You guys really think I wouldn't change to robe if I thought it was better? After bashing heaven I went heaven because it's better. Why would robe be any different?

The reason I'm not robe is because it sucks. As I demonstrated with the heaven mage thing, I have no problem swallowing my pride and changing over if it's better - but robe isn't. Not at 90, anyway. It is after you get a pdef cape and proper high-90s gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Because the bigger your damage, the bigger your epeen.
  • majero
    edited March 2009
    Options

Of course you weren't Spatt buffed, which is why i said "any pure int mage (unbuffed) would have hit for xxx more"
    Actually, I oneshot Yoshiki in the last BLT war with dragon. You're free to ask him, I doubt he'll lie about it.

You probably hit yoshiki with Heaven Spark'd Chi pot Undine Dragon crit. If i'm wrong, then whatever, props to you. I'd love to see a screeny of that just like your screen shot on schooled. And when was this? You havnt been around for a while.

I'd never want to kill someone solo 12% of the time. That means 88% of the time you have to run away, use a PK pot or die.

Let me repeat what i said one more time,
    "Full Int mages don't rely on crits to PK, they just... PK with reliable damage. mages are meant to be a glass cannon. But with good gear, that glass cannon wont be that easy to shatter. Some CQ mages have over 5k HP and around 8k defense fully buffed."
    You guys really think I wouldn't change to robe if I thought it was better? After bashing heaven I went heaven because it's better. Why would robe be any different?

The reason I'm not robe is because it sucks. As I demonstrated with the heaven mage thing, I have no problem swallowing my pride and changing over if it's better - but robe isn't. Not at 90, anyway. It is after you get a pdef cape and proper high-90s gear

In my opinion the whole Hell thing was just a fad. lol Sage ftw b:victory

I'm not saying its "better". But you're saying LA is "better" in every way possible. You're even claiming that LA and Robe do basically the same damage. You have alot more survivability, yet tickle people 88% of the time.

The cape of Elite Leather(?) is lvl 96. And what other gear are you talking about?

EDIT: pandora i'm not trying to bash you, because i respect you and your guide, but i (and i would say every other 9x mage) disagree with some things you have claimed.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    Forp - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,445 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    waste of time

he's a simple minded fool. he doesn't have 94 str/dex, he has 105 str and 100 dex. he's missing almost half of his base magic attack. by his logic, giving half of your base magic attack is almost.. 200 damage? so in essence, everybody is only dealing 400dmg max and we can all live in our little barbarian dream world where 17k hp can't be scratched.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    Kristoph - Lost City Posts: 2,016 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Yeah ok. You can go pdef your light armor and I'll 1 hit you with my magic. I don't care. I'm not the one setting myself up to fail.
    I haven't been one-hit by any cleric yet, but okay. That's two classes I don't bother fighting. At least I don't get 2-4 shot by the rest.

But eh, whatever you want. 50-55% magic reduction on all but earth barrier, which is %, plus 61% phys dmg reduction self buffed is better than whatever **** arcane would get, in my opinion. Considering ~10 extra magic does **** for my damage I honestly don't care too much about the damage reduction. I've killed equal level barbs 1 on 1 with **** gear, so the damage loss is hardly bad at my level.

That and I've managed to kill some 8x archers one on one... doing more damage would be worthless to me if I died twice as fast.
    Wondering how much longer these **** packs are going to be around.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    interesting. 7x light armor is 50-55% reduction. someone actually argued there's only a 7% loss in magic res, where as my 7x armor gives me over 70% reduction in all elements. good stuff.

my pdef, when i'm wearing my actual pdef gears not my grinding gears, is 45%. 45% doesn't seem that bad. especially since magic is hitting negatives on me. when/if i get 80, my pdef will rise to at least 50%, still in robes. 2.4k hp. i'm not a 1 shot to an archers crit a few levels higher. i don't see why people classify pure int as anything of the sort.
  • sillyfoo
    edited March 2009
    Options
    he's a simple minded fool. he doesn't have 94 str/dex, he has 105 str and 100 dex. he's missing almost half of his base magic attack. by his logic, giving half of your base magic attack is almost.. 200 damage? so in essence, everybody is only dealing 400dmg max and we can all live in our little barbarian dream world where 17k hp can't be scratched.

lol 105 str at lvl 90 with 100 dex o.O you know i said lvl 90 right? light armor build you only have +4 str +4 dex more then ur lvl dont beleive me look at pwdatabase or inspect a lvl 90 armored archer. if you go over that as a magic user you cant equip your magic weapon. You keep talking all you want. 2.4k hp lol you are a one shot. i said magic stat points not magic attack since i thought since same weapon to compare all that will matter is magic stat. Keep throwing ur junk around as "facts" to make yourself look even more uneducated in this game and its functions. Do some reseach about light armor and diminishing returns b4 you just state stuff. I never advocated light armor build as the best just stating facts that you dont lose half your damage by doing that build like you stated. I said i dont believe that 200ish damage thing and im gonna try it out both builds when i reach that lvl since i dont think missing 134 magic points at 90 equals 200ish damage difference and state what i find although it will take me months b:surrender.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    interesting. 7x light armor is 50-55% reduction. someone actually argued there's only a 7% loss in magic res, where as my 7x armor gives me over 70% reduction in all elements. good stuff.

my pdef, when i'm wearing my actual pdef gears not my grinding gears, is 45%. 45% doesn't seem that bad. especially since magic is hitting negatives on me. when/if i get 80, my pdef will rise to at least 50%, still in robes. 2.4k hp. i'm not a 1 shot to an archers crit a few levels higher. i don't see why people classify pure int as anything of the sort.
    You're a cleric, genius. I said self buffed. Ofcourse magic shell would increase it. We're talking about a self buffed LA wizard when considering 50-55.

And lol, I just checked. MDEF jewelry would take my resistances from 50-55% to 53-57%. Epic difference, **** yeah.
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you get high 50s, low 60s when buffed by me. i have a natural mdef of over 64%.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    2.4k HP?
    Are you full int?...
    blade tempest -> dead.
    You may > mages right now, with 2.4k hp, but once you fight mages with undine that all goes to waste because ANY build can do 1.3k+ sandstorm with undine, bypassing a hiero tick.
    (Unless you're stupid and just let blade tempest cast without using plume)
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Isowen - Lost City
    Isowen - Lost City Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    2.4k hp.

LMAO! I was already like "wtf a 77 ep on fking HEAVENS TEAR is commenting on pandora's guide", but with this post you made all your previous arguments even more obsolete. Full int cleric that tries to talk seriously about pvp? Sigh... Stop posting please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    full int to 80 is fast, why not? i've been in the 70s for 2 weeks. don't talk about what you can't comprehend, k? and, lol, suck up more.

and, amour, i've never been hit by a bladetempest when i didn't have plume shell(assuming i'm not getting chain stunned by some random wr). and, usually if i see it, i just sleep them anyways.
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Your hp sucks even for a pure int. Reminds me of this guy, actually. Except that he was 79+.
  • Isowen - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    full int to 80 is fast, why not? i've been in the 70s for 2 weeks. don't talk about what you can't comprehend, k? and, lol, suck up more.

Suck up? How is saying that you're bad sucking up to anyone? And your hp still sucks, even for a full int.
    and, amour, i've never been hit by a bladetempest when i didn't have plume shell(assuming i'm not getting chain stunned by some random wr). and, usually if i see it, i just sleep them anyways.

On a real server there is more pvp then just dueling and one vs one. In mass pvp (and tw) you can't always see who's targeting you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your tears are so tasty and sweet! Let me taste your tears of unfathomable sadness!

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Suck up? How is saying that you're bad sucking up to anyone? And your hp still sucks, even for a full int.
    i don't have +6 level 70 gears, sorry.
    On a real server there is more pvp then just dueling and one vs one. In mass pvp (and tw) you can't always see who's targeting you.
    oh no, mass pk only happens in lost city b:surrender. no, it happens here too. shut up about things you can't comprehend, k?

Your hp sucks even for a pure int. Reminds me of this guy, actually. Except that he was 79+.
  • Bilquis - Heavens Tear
    Bilquis - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I am 72 lvl full int build and i'm considering switching to light armor now. I'm just bored of dying, moreover, reset notes are on sale this week. But i heard it is reccomendable to switch on 90 lvl, i'm not sure if it's true... Is my lvl ok to switching or not?
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I am 72 lvl full int build and i'm considering switching to light armor now. I'm just bored of dying, moreover, reset notes are on sale this week. But i heard it is reccomendable to switch on 90 lvl, i'm not sure if it's true... Is my lvl ok to switching or not?

You're heaven's tear. Stay robe as long as you can. You don't need light on a pve server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options

oh no, mass pk only happens in lost city b:surrender. no, it happens here too. shut up about things you can't comprehend, k?

I have +1 gears and 5 base vit and get 2.8k HP unbuffed. Your HP sucks, period.

And I really hope that second comment was a joke. You seem to be the one who can't comprehend what "pvp server" means.
  • Isowen - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I have +1 gears and 5 base vit and get 2.8k HP unbuffed. Your HP sucks, period.

And I really hope that second comment was a joke. You seem to be the one who can't comprehend what "pvp server" means.

Exactly. I am LA with 3 base vit and average and I have 3.2k HP. My highest + is +3 and I use g5 HP shards. So its really not that hard to get decent HP. (And I know LA isn't the best build for EP's, don't start about that. Its just a personal preference for me.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Cleric
    RageQuit
  • Forp - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you spend more, you get more. i haven't put a dime into my gears. wasting coin on level 70 armor is pointless.

isowen, there's level 80 gears that have enough base hp to give almost 3k alone anyways. who cares.
  • drag0nball
    drag0nball Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Hm it was interesting the word when Pandora said "because I thought so".
    Loolll...but humans amke mistakes...than I can say otherwse too "because I think otherwise" or soeone else a 3rd way...it was very Loool that thing.

Now back to the business...at lvl 80 I tested in duels and the diefference wiith same skill at same lvl and same weapon was around 1,750 to the same mob. in PVP it is 450 difference already I assume...

At lvl 90 I am pretty sure the difference will go higher for damage....
    and at lvl 100 even better I guess...

Ohhh and Don't forget the MANIFEST VIRTUE SKILL....as I readed abslolutely depends on MP....
    Pure int has twice more MP than Light armor...so the attack bonus difference is twice harder + the basemagic also... And with that skill I am pretty sure pure int dont need 4 secs long channeling glacial, sandstorm or AOE skill....so they dont depend realy on so many sparks I think... they can do just gush, pyrogram and phoenix because they dont need ages to channel the hard skills...

May be true that LA has more survivability aganst archers and melee...but a wizard was meant to kill the others before they get hit him...
    You must try to kill a person without to hit you in 1v1 if u have skills...and by depending on 12 or even at 15% critical I say its ot enough...I never liked the luck thing....
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    drag0nball wrote: »
    May be true that LA has more survivability aganst archers and melee...but a wizard was meant to kill the others before they get hit him...
    the luck thing....

I couldn't agree more. I'm also favourable to high magic wiz for manifest virtue.

Of course LA has its appeal. nobody denies it. the fact is that Pandora has great items. let's say less than 5% of wizards of the same level have matching stuff. considering this, it's actually hard to mess with dmg.

now back on earth the vast majority of 8X don't even have undine strike. even fewer 89+ have demon earth shield and maybe no more than 5 in HT have soporific sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options

They really don't, but aight!

The reason I'm not robe is because it sucks. As I demonstrated with the heaven mage thing, I have no problem swallowing my pride and changing over if it's better - but robe isn't. Not at 90, anyway. It is after you get a pdef cape and proper high-90s gear.

Your photoshop skills are bad still pandora. If you're gonna edit a number on your signature at least make sure its the same shade of white.

I have 8800 Pdef fully buffed. If I get 96 cape, when i reach 96 and +8 my Giant Stregnth I will have 10K pdef @ level 96.

I 1 shot yoshiki twice in a 5 min period, not a lucky once ina life time WR dragon BS you rely on. And this was solo mind you.

You can ask what I crit calvin with my ice dragon. 10,763. Solo, again.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. I'm also favourable to high magic wiz for manifest virtue.

Of course LA has its appeal. nobody denies it. the fact is that Pandora has great items. let's say less than 5% of wizards of the same level have matching stuff. considering this, it's actually hard to mess with dmg.

now back on earth the vast majority of 8X don't even have undine strike. even fewer 89+ have demon earth shield and maybe no more than 5 in HT have soporific sleep.

No one has earth shield yet. First one will probably be Elayne, that guy is a cube beast. It requires 20 old book pages which is about 40 straight days of finishing advanced cube. Even then you have a chance to get any other number of skills from making it.

But say hypothetically I were to get even Heaven Earth Shield (+120% pdef) I will have 10K pdef right now. @ 96 I will reach upwards of 12K.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pandora - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    Your photoshop skills are bad still pandora. If you're gonna edit a number on your signature at least make sure its the same shade of white.

Cuuuuute. Wow, that's petty. Lol. Ask Danika yourself, I guess. Note that was with WR dragons, of course :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kristoph - Lost City
    edited March 2009
    Options
    you spend more, you get more. i haven't put a dime into my gears. wasting coin on level 70 armor is pointless.

isowen, there's level 80 gears that have enough base hp to give almost 3k alone anyways. who cares.
    lol...

This is exactly why we laugh at you. You know what that is? PvE server mentality. I have a friend on HT and he does the same. If I see him scanning other people's gear, I see the same. The average gear on a PvE server is laughable.
    drag0nball wrote: »
    Ohhh and Don't forget the MANIFEST VIRTUE SKILL....as I readed abslolutely depends on MP....
    Pure int has twice more MP than Light armor...so the attack bonus difference is twice harder + the basemagic also... And with that skill I am pretty sure pure int dont need 4 secs long channeling glacial, sandstorm or AOE skill....so they dont depend realy on so many sparks I think... they can do just gush, pyrogram and phoenix because they dont need ages to channel the hard skills...

You must try to kill a person without to hit you in 1v1 if u have skills...and by depending on 12 or even at 15% critical I say its ot enough...I never liked the luck thing....
    Lol. There's nobody here who doesn't know 100+ = INT build. There's no point in screaming "manifest virtue!11". This is about the levels before that.

And congratulations, you're an idiot. In this game, you will rarely kill anyone with any kind of common sense in a 1v1 without getting hit.
This discussion has been closed.