Banning Archers for using glitch in zhen parties

Comments

• Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Venos are easy until 40, not hard or boring until late 60s.

Zhen parties in general could be something of a bug when you think about it. After all, you're manipulating the enemy's agro to your own benefit using cleric heals to pull mobs in once the lures do their job.

Really if they're going to start banning every unfair class for every unfair thing we'd all be playing a severely nerfed barbarian or something.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    One again, they are not banning classes deemed "unfair" but rather people abusing glitches. I can't understand why you would call aggro pulling a bug though...
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Venos are easy until 40, not hard or boring until late 60s.

Zhen parties in general could be something of a bug when you think about it. After all, you're manipulating the enemy's agro to your own benefit using cleric heals to pull mobs in once the lures do their job.

Really if they're going to start banning every unfair class for every unfair thing we'd all be playing a severely nerfed barbarian or something.
    How could Zhenning be interpreted as a bug? It's simply understanding how aggro works, and then manipulating it based off the system that the game lays out.

It's really quite simple. The cleric bubble heals anyone inside its range for a set variable, correct? And if a mob aggroes on a person, but that person doesn't build any threat (Meaning that he/she hits the mob), then the mob will aggro on the healer, the ONLY one that has actually used a skill. The mob closes in on the healer, and then gets pounded by the endless AoE's that are delt out by either a wizard or archer.

It's not a bug. It's just aggro rules.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    you're all clueless, the agrument is that targeted skills isnt supposed to continue indefeniteley.

The whole deal with having to duel another char to "trick" the skill to keep going is what this is all about, please just read the post before you make stupid comments.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    you're all clueless, the agrument is that targeted skills isnt supposed to continue indefeniteley.

The whole deal with having to duel another char to "trick" the skill to keep going is what this is all about, please just read the post before you make stupid comments.

saying ALL , when multiple people have made the argument you are stating isisnt very clueful >.>
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited December 2008

Dragon Breath is targeted.
    Thanks.
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2008

Xarfox has already implied that the archer barrage is bugged and is supposed to target an area like dragon's breath normally. The "trick" in this case would be solving it. I'm not sure that it's a full agreement (since they haven't outright said go ahead), but that's what he said and until we hear otherwise might as well enjoy this next week.

Also... I said that agro manipulation could be a bug because I felt that people were twisting around the barrage description and technique to point out a potential glitch, and was trying to make zhenning seem like a glitch. I failed at explanationb:shutup.
  • Erinis - Heavens Tear
    Erinis - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2008

I think that GM's already stated that they are not banning archers and that teir skill should be until canceled same as wizzard ones. Other story is that is curently bugged ans you must use trick to make it work as intended.
  • Lordcarnage - Heavens Tear
    Lordcarnage - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    so erm wait a min you train a archer to lvl 70 then wine about the archer glitch and the skill itself is glitched it is supposed to be a sustained aoe but instead it stops when mob dies but besides that if we didnt use the glitch how the hell are we posed to zhen theirs no way in hell we could the skill takes 2 spark to use, and just to help ya out here if ya wanna help take away a archers basically only way to lvl after lvl 70 by complaining take into consideration that archers due to them having more def than a wiz are good for zhen parties their for good for YOU to lvl with not saying its not coolt hat venos get banned for a glitch int he game that the designers should be gettin fixed instead of banning people but dont go shooting your mouth and trying to get others banned for trying to lvl
  • Lordcarnage - Heavens Tear
    Lordcarnage - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Ok forgot to mention i think that in the skill section of a archer it says that the skill will continue until user clicks or hits esc meaning the aoe is actually supposed to work the way we use it in the glitch just the skill itself is glitched and not working right so really your whining about nothing cos its actually the archers that are getting screwed cos we cant just go click on that skill when ever we want and sustain it when we should be able to do it when ever we wish its not supposed to stop when the target dies its supposed to when the player stops it if i could be botherd switching screeens to type the skill descrip word for word i would
    have a nice day oh and thanks for trying to give the archers a bone up the but :D
  • Renara - Heavens Tear
    Renara - Heavens Tear Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Lordcarnage, you're beating a dead horse. On page 21 of this very same thread, GM/Administrator Xarfox states:
    xarfox wrote: »
    We are currently communicating with the devs regarding this issue.

As it stands right now, the skill description reads that it's supposed to continue until canceled or until the user runs out of mana.

Currently the Wizard AoE spell functions properly. You can target a monster or a player, and after the target dies the spell continues, as stated in the description.

We will not be banning archers for using this ability for Zhenning as the skill description states that the skill is supposed to continue until canceled.

Be assured that we're looking into this issue and doing our best to communicate your concerns to the developers.

No exploit. No bans. No need to necro this long-dead thread.
    "Sorry, we don't need a barbarian. We have a frog."
  • Rianae - Sanctuary
    Rianae - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Specgoesemo said:

"Venomancers fight from the air with an aerial pet to kill a melee boss. Because of this the boss does not fight back. They are getting banned for this. = BUG!"

Thanks!!! After reading pages and pages of replies filled with venos and archers spitting at each others faces, I finally understand what the glitch is. I have an aerial pet but land mobs always fight back (so far), so I never thought there was a glitched boss, LOL. Good to know so I don't do anything stupid XD. Don't wanna get banned.

I do agree. Ban anyone who uses glitches to take advantage of the game!
  • Ryukino - Sanctuary
    Ryukino - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i think its funny everyone who is saying it isnt a bug tends to be an archer maybe 1-2 arent but then those same people say that the veno trick is a bug and also instead of just saying that they all knock on the venos saying we are overpowered and earn money so much faster. i made a cleric and so far i have made more money on my cleric then i have with my venomancer maybe its just me but i dont think venomancers are too overpowered it is like the barbs ability to tank i mean are they unfair cause they have def? or a bm cause they can use any weapon in this game. or a wizard cause they have strong ma. cleric cause they can heal? or how about archer with their range attacks?
  • Dioica - Sanctuary
    Dioica - Sanctuary Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    i think its funny everyone who is saying it isnt a bug tends to be an archer ..

But xarfox does not look like an archer?

And should I even care?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Allow me to answer why this is:

Archers need mp heiros to zhen. More zhen = more money for PWE!

Veno bug = nothing for PWE = banhammer!
    Sad but have to agree with this too...

Welcome to the world of Real Life business b:chuckle

More than half the time nothings gonna change unless it affects the companies profit greatly. And reality is, with every 1 player that complains and quits, 10 continue and use zhen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Silwyth - Sanctuary
    Silwyth - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    im an archer, so obviously im not gonna complain about that glitch, because why should only wizards and clerics be aloud to zhen? i mean if you look at archers our only purpose is to DD. Venos can solo bosses, raid fb's do TT all on their own, which is a huge source of income. why cant archers have just one up on the other classes that all seem to have advantages we dont have. Yes i could go and solo an fb, but it would drain my hp charm to no end, and i cant lure minions from bosses or have a pet to protect me from damage.

but what i really want to point out is why are people being banned at all for these glitches anymore? i mean, GM's are fully aware of them, and by this point, why havent they been fixed? i dont think people should be debating who should be banned for glitching this or glitching that. i think the real issue here is why the hell havent these things been fixed yet? PW knows about them, and still does nothing, so if your not going to fix the problem, why do they feel they can ban people for abusing it? its not like these are new issues, they have been abused since this game was released, and still nothing is being done. i think its fair to say that a large amount of people lvl 60+ pay for boutique items here, and should have a game without these glitches. PW needs to test things properly before they are released so that people dont have a chance to abuse glitches in the first place.
  • Archosaurian - Lost City
    Archosaurian - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear

LOL carebear, learn to live and deal with it.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear

LOL carebear, learn to live and deal with it.
    Archosaurian - Lost City

Childish Lost City nobody that likes to troll because he has little to offer the forums other than a small childish mind eager to start flame wars. Don't get in a battle of wits with him, he is totally unarmed and unable to even remotely defend himself.

~Saitada
  • Archosaurian - Lost City
    Archosaurian - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Saitada - Sanctuary

Sanctuary is full of hippies.
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Saitada - Sanctuary

Thanks for the compliment.

~S
  • Orihimeie - Sanctuary
    Orihimeie - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Saitada - Sanctuary

I love you too cutie b:kiss
    "Don't judge by a book by its cover, judge it by it's grammar and punctuation." - Oracle.
  • Zethanal - Heavens Tear
    Zethanal - Heavens Tear Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Ever since... The dawn of man...
    Before thy wraiths were good...
    Pan Gu said one thing...
    It is the most beautifulest thing in the world...
    "Don't be stupid, be SMART!"...
    Tis' the golden day of man...
    Humans continue to be stupid...
    Thus creating a Perfect World...
    Full of seducing Venomancers, flirtatious elves and weak-seduced humans...
    All was normal...
    Until one day...
    The jealous angrybear that posted:
    "Saitada - Sanctuary

Sanctuary is full of hippies."
    The world changed...
    Thus creating wars...
    Creating destruction...
    Thus, stupidity expands...
    Thus ends my post...
    b:bye...
    "Death is just a new path, a path everyone has to take." -Gandalf
  • Cyanea - Lost City
    Cyanea - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    Since some people have resurrected this thread, perhaps I should make something clear about this bug:

http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?image=barragebg1.jpg

I took this screenshot today, and notice how it says:
    screenshot wrote:
    Skill will not stop until you click cancel button or press ESC.

So, yes, they have an unfixed bug here. But people exploiting this bug are not people in zhen parties -- instead, archers using this skill on targets outside of duels are "exploiting" this bug.

Or should I have said archers using this skill on targets outside of duels are being exploited by this bug?
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    -Edited-
    Fail reading on my part xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    AndromedaB - Sanctuary Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    WAIT.......... are u guys telling me that the fuss was about arrows?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    (as in the skill running even when ur out of arrows)

big farking whooooooooooooooooooooooooop

(if its not u guys are just being stupid)
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    darkseed wrote: »
    I recently discovered that a Venomancer was banned, for NOT glitching. This was an 80+ Veno, who was on the ground, with a ground pet (Golem), pet healing and killing Gouf for a party of freinds. There was no aerial pet glitching involved whatsoever. A GM saw the Venomancer soloing Gouf, and just because it was a soloing Venomancer, he was banned from the game. In addition, the rest of the group had screenshots of this fight where Gouf wasnt being glitched, but fought normally, and protested on the Venomancers behalf, and those party members got 24 hour suspensions just for trying to defend this. I want to know how the GMs can be so liberal to basically ban an entire class from helping, simply because they have the potential to glitch it, even if they weren't at all. I now know Venomancers who wont help on Gouf, to do it in a NORMAL type fight, not glitched, simply out of worry for being banned. What has this come to?

u can solo in a party?

i m guessing this is made up
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    some People Here Should Think Again And Read Over What They Postet And Then Post/re-make The Post They Did Post, Because Its Sooo Stupid That Its No Words For It...

Venos Cant Tell When Other People Bug Abuse Just Because Some Venos Did Bug Abuse 2-3 Bosses Ingame?

"its Not A Bug Because The Archers Get Dmg"

Lol I Show You My Middle Finger :)

2venos Can Then Stay And Heal Our Pet And Say Well We Are Healing It So Its Not Illigal...

Guys Bug-abuse Is Bug-abuse, Doesnt Mather If Its Venom/archer/barb/wiz/bm Or Cleric...

A Bug Is A Bug And They All Should Get Banne...

To All The Noobs That Will Now Say "your Wrong Because Of This And That" Fu =)

Not A Fckn Bug
  • AndromedaB - Sanctuary
    edited February 2009
    how the hell did you noobs make it to lv 80+?

(speaking to those idiots who think its a glitch)
  • cybluerr
    cybluerr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    u can solo in a party?

i m guessing this is made up

im thinking what he meant was: the veno was solo tanking gouf with the golem while the rest of the party just chipped in with some damage etc.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited February 2009
    and what glitch is this, that venos have, that takes out three mobs at a time, let alone three bosses! i sure have never been able to do that!

So, you ban venos for glitching 3 boss in the games. Fine.

Why don't you ban archers for glitching in zhen parties?

Don't you think that the same offense should bring the same punishment?

An official anwer from PWE's admins on this subject would be welcomed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
This discussion has been closed.