Banning Archers for using glitch in zhen parties

Options

Comments

• Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    turtlewax wrote: »
    Then there's nothing bugged about the stalling boss either. What makes them both bugged, if you follow that line reasoning, is the reference to the so called intended mechanics and intended gameplay. If you reference intented mechanics in one case, you should do so in all cases, otherwise you're reasoning is just hypocritical.
    I've stated several times in detail how the Archer Arrow Barrage Zhenning does not breach or circumvent any gameplay mechanics. If you want to argue otherwise then please provide proof and example instead of just blurting out how I'm wrong without reason.
    turtlewax wrote: »
    And how would they know the bug when it occurs? If it's not listed, and it's so hard to monitor for staff, then how can you expect the players to do so? It's a lot easier to spot if you can see the total damage a squad takes and deals and know what to look for.

It's been mentioned before, they don't need to list all details about these bugs, just how to recognize them.
    The players are not expected to monitor Gouf bugging at all, what are you talkinga bout? I don't have a clue what you are talking about with the squad damage stuff...

The Gouf trick is so simple that any detail at all would give away how to abuse the glitch, in fact any Veno with more than 2 brain cells would be able to replicate the trick with ease after seeing or hearing about it.
  • miaku
    miaku Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Here's an idea, don't ban anybody and FIX the glitches. Genius huh?

(If its been said before forgive me, didn't feel like reading 11 pages of this)
  • Xxxxx - Heavens Tear
    Xxxxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    some people here should think again and read over what they postet and then post/re-make the post they did post, because its sooo stupid that its no words for it...

Venos cant tell when other people bug abuse just because some venos did bug abuse 2-3 bosses ingame?

"its not a bug because the archers get dmg"

lol i show you my middle finger :)

2venos can then stay and heal our pet and say well we are healing it so its not illigal...

guys bug-abuse is bug-abuse, doesnt mather if its venom/archer/barb/wiz/bm or cleric...

a bug is a bug and they all should get banne...

to all the noobs that will now say "your wrong because of this and that" fu =)
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    They are doing business, and do you know how many MP Charm an EA spent for 1 hr zhen? If he up that skill to lvl 4, it would cost 1 silver charm for 1 hr, pretty nice huh?
    And about WF glicht, how many charm? NONE.
    Ponder about it, yesssssssssss, you will see why the glicht is still there after 4 years of PW ^^.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shinta1
    shinta1 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Why are you guys still here playing this version?

It's time to jump ship... to a better perfect world.

Then you won't have to deal with all these kinds of problems.
  • Xxxxx - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    anima wrote: »
    They are doing business, and do you know how many MP Charm an EA spent for 1 hr zhen? If he up that skill to lvl 4, it would cost 1 silver charm for 1 hr, pretty nice huh?
    And about WF glicht, how many charm? NONE.
    Ponder about it, yesssssssssss, you will see why the glicht is still there after 4 years of PW ^^.

Your high on something bad and strong...

Imagen yourself this (if your brain is able to do that tho)
    Person A (Venom)
    Person B (Archer)

Person A kills a blind man. He should end up in jail because the man couldnt defend himself...
    Person B kills a normal man. Let him walk away, it was all fair fight...
    (Dont bring up now, if person B was defending himself and stuff, Person A and B did kill for fun)

(Doesnt mather if Person A killed the blind man that could not defend himself, but person B did kill his normal man for fun)
    they both killed so they both end up in jail...

Open
    http://www.perfectworld.com/policy/tos
    Go down to 11. User Conduct
    You must observe these Terms, all Rules of Conduct, all applicable laws and all basic rules of etiquette and common courtesy when using the Website and the Service. Any conduct that violates the law in an offline, real world community is also a violation of these terms. PWE will not tolerate any illegal or offensive conduct.

Without limiting the foregoing, in addition to the User Content rules set forth in Section 10 above, you agree not to take any of the following actions:

(a) Harm minors in any way;
    (b) Impersonate any person or entity, including any PWE officials, forum leaders, guides, hosts, employees or agents, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
    (c) Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message transmitted through the Website;
    (d) Upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
    (e) Interfere with or disrupt the Service, the Website or servers or networks connected to the Website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
    (f) "Stalk," threaten or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to another;
    (g) Collect, store, post or otherwise disseminate any personal data about other users;
    (h) Impede or disrupt the Service or the normal flow of game play or dialogue in the game or in Interactive Areas on the Site or use vulgar language, abusiveness, use of excessive shouting (ALL CAPS) "spamming" or any other disruptive or detrimental methods in an attempt to disturb other users or PWE employees;
    (i) Engage in, encourage, or promote any illegal activity, or any activity that violates these Terms or the Rules of Conduct;
    (j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;
    (k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,
    (m) trade, sell, auction or otherwise transfer any virtual items or goods of any nature outside the game; and/or
    (n) Take any action that disrupts the Service or that negatively affects or may prohibit other users from enjoying the Website, the Games or any other aspect of the Service.
    PWE may take any actions and impose any penalties we deem necessary to discourage and punish any violation of these terms or any other illegal or inappropriate conduct, all without prior notice or warning. The determination as to whether a violation has occurred and who is responsible for such act is solely within PWE's discretion, and is based on what we deem best for the community and the Website. By using the Website, you agree you will be bound by PWE's determination as to whether a violation has occurred and any penalty we choose to implement.

read the Red (L) line... and please post again... btw rule (l) tells u no bug abuse are allowed...

and just so you get it it totaly in!

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/abuse

there u can see what the word "abuse" means...

also read this 1
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/exploiting

and if English is ur 2nd language (like i have English a 3d language) then i can surely translate it to whatever language you talk/speak...

and this post was not directet directly to you, but to all the people that mean venoms should get banned for bug abuse (its not a should, its a must, but thats for the venoms that do use BUG)... but that doesnt make Archer bug-abuse anything else...

sorry for any misspelling, 2 problems. 1.) English is 3language... 2.) Bad keybord atm and buttons dont come up when i press soft. i try to fix it, but ofc sometimes i dont see it.
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    Cheaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    archer zhenning is not a bug(go read the skill description). the whole thread is pointless

just close it already
    omg im posting stuff.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Your high on something bad and strong...

Imagen yourself this (if your brain is able to do that tho)
    Person A (Venom)
    Person B (Archer)

Person A kills a blind man. He should end up in jail because the man couldnt defend himself...
    Person B kills a normal man. Let him walk away, it was all fair fight...
    (Dont bring up now, if person B was defending himself and stuff, Person A and B did kill for fun)

(Doesnt mather if Person A killed the blind man that could not defend himself, but person B did kill his normal man for fun)
    they both killed so they both end up in jail...
    You seem to be high on something much stronger.

I've already pointed out many times how maintaining the Archer Barrage skill is not a bug or glitch. In this case Person B did no killing and Person A is going "If I get charged for Murder so should that guy over there because I think he killed someone as well!"

Read up on what people actually wrote before calling them stupid to avoid making a fool of your self.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I've already pointed out many times how maintaining the Archer Barrage skill is not a bug or glitch.

Sadly enough for you, it is a glitch. If it is not, then monsters not fighting back while attacked from air is not a glitch either.

Stop making a fool of yourself Piccolo.

Oh and by the way, if I remember well, a veno from Radiance helped you kill Gouf with an air pet back then.... Playing the two faced man?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Sadly enough for you, it is a glitch. If it is not, then monsters not fighting back while attacked from air is not a glitch either.

Oh and by the way, if I remember well, a veno from Radiance helped you kill Gouf with an air pet back then.... Playing the two faced man?
    Please explain how it is a glitch.

I did not kill Gouf by bug, I did it with a Tank and 2 clerics.
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options

archer barrage skill is meant to work the same way as the wizard's dragon breath skill. the glitch is that it stops when the target dies. skill is not meant to stop until pressing ESC or running out of MP

why is it so hard to understand? archer is just using a temporary fix for their broken skill.
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

If monsters can't fight back, unless you can one shot them (which your damage is halved, so fighting from the air lowers the chance of that drastically, and if you can one shot them, why do you need any other tricks), they kick into psyco regen mode, and you can't kill them at all.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I did not kill Gouf by bug, I did it with a Tank and 2 clerics.

Yes, I,m sure you did. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    archer barrage skill is meant to work the same way as the wizard's dragon breath skill. the glitch is that it stops when the target dies. skill is not meant to stop until pressing ESC or running out of MP

why is it so hard to understand? archer is just using a temporary fix for their broken skill.

I seriousley doubt that, any skill that requires a target to initiate is not the same as a skill that you just turn on and forget.

Just more excuses and double standards.
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I seriousley doubt that, any skill that requires a target to initiate is not the same as a skill that you just turn on and forget.

Ever seen a wizard cast dragons breath?, wizard requires a target to get it started, has pretty much the same description as the archers skill, only it works without having to duel, so it's not even suspected that it might be a glitch.
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Barrage's skill description:
    "Consuming 540 mana every 3 seconds, release countless arrows into to the sky delivering devasting damage to the target and enemies within a 12.0 meter of radius the target, inflicting base physical damage plus 200% of weapon damage plus 4585.6. Skill will not stop until you click cancel button or press ESC."

Doesn't really say where it should stop when the enemy is dead...
    or is this not the skill description?

Just curious.
    Oh, and Dragons breath does require a target to start casting.
  • Kytania - Heavens Tear
    Kytania - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    20 pages of this discussion and no official word yet?

Anyway my 2 cents (all from PoV of someone coming from PW-MY):

Veno using their flying pets to put to sleep Gouf was considered a "Glitch" in PW-MY as well...They could also "glitch" a few other bosses as well (don't pm me cause i won't tell) in the other version making it possible for them to solo a boss that isn't meant to be soloed. Veno's do have an advantage over other classes as it is. Letting them solo a boss that is not meant to be soloed only adds to this previously existing advantage. So as others have said ... sorry it goes against the rules.

Now as to archers...that is also an issue they have in PW-MY and it is not and was never considered a glitch there.

In other words: I agree with the others who have said this in the 20 other pages of posts b:chuckle
  • Cheaper - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options

dragon's breath also requires a target to cast it. the only difference is dragon breath works how it should, it doesn't stop then the target is dead.

people should really know what's up before talking -.-
    omg im posting stuff.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options

No, you just obviously don't understand how these AoE's work. Wizards have an AoE just like the archers, and it continues endlessly as well.

I guess I've been glitching this whole time, seeing as I use that spell in Zhen.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Venoangel - Lost City
    Venoangel - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    So uh big deal, Veno's get to easily kill 3 and ONLY 3 bosses.
    The reward of that less than 10k of exp, less than 10k coin, less than 10k spirit, and some crappy reward they can't even use. Does it really matter? Honestly, this thread is nonsense.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    We are currently communicating with the devs regarding this issue.

As it stands right now, the skill description reads that it's supposed to continue until canceled or until the user runs out of mana.

Currently the Wizard AoE spell functions properly. You can target a monster or a player, and after the target dies the spell continues, as stated in the description.

We will not be banning archers for using this ability for Zhenning as the skill description states that the skill is supposed to continue until canceled.

Be assured that we're looking into this issue and doing our best to communicate your concerns to the developers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kytania - Heavens Tear
    Kytania - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Its quite easy for a Veno to say:

After all a Veno doesn't have to try search for someone to help them kill "only" 3 bosses. Its not always easy to find help killing bosses for the other classes. Some higher levels consider themselves above helping with bosses (these of course are the same people who are more then willing to help with fb's). But of course as you point it is only "3 bosses". b:lipcurl
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    The reward of that less than 10k of exp, less than 10k coin, less than 10k spirit, and some crappy reward they can't even use. Does it really matter? Honestly, this thread is nonsense.

Indeed, so it's negligable, so why all the moaning about it being bannable? Typically it's a 24 hour ban on the first offense, big flipping deal.
  • Xxxxx - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    okey guys i guess its over, the admins have spoken... archers dun get banned, we do :P have fun bk to lvling =)
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    We are currently communicating with the devs regarding this issue.

As it stands right now, the skill description reads that it's supposed to continue until canceled or until the user runs out of mana.

Currently the Wizard AoE spell functions properly. You can target a monster or a player, and after the target dies the spell continues, as stated in the description.

We will not be banning archers for using this ability for Zhenning as the skill description states that the skill is supposed to continue until canceled.

Be assured that we're looking into this issue and doing our best to communicate your concerns to the developers.

The difference between this archer skill and the mage skill is that the mage skill, when normally activated, doesn't end when the target dies as stated. The archer skill DOES end when the target dies, and the way zhen is bugged is to either go through a duel or pk -> party. I think since this requires a special technique to continue it, it should be considered a bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jrudora - Lost City
    Jrudora - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    In other words, the glitch isn't dueling to prolong the skill, rather the glitch is barrage arrow is ending prematurely =P No glitch abused.
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    Options
    senovit wrote: »
    The difference between this archer skill and the mage skill is that the mage skill, when normally activated, doesn't end when the target dies as stated. The archer skill DOES end when the target dies, and the way zhen is bugged is to either go through a duel or pk -> party. I think since this requires a special technique to continue it, it should be considered a bug.

Text on the Wiz skill and text on the archer skill is nearly identical. They both say that the skill will not stop until canceled manually. So either

1. The text is wrong on the archer skill
    2. Both the wizard and archer skills are broken and both should stop on death of target.
    3. The archer skill is bugged, and should not stop.

Fact is the GMs seem to agree, that the skill on it's own does not work as intended. Until further investigation the verdict is that the "bug" is that you have to use special means to do it. Sorry but it appears this argument is settled unless new information shows up implying the GMs have changed their mind, case closed.
  • Inmani - Lost City
    Inmani - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    senovit wrote: »

It's a glitch that allows you to use the skill the way its supposed to be used. How is that using a bug to gain an unfair advantage? lol
  • Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It's a glitch that allows you to use the skill the way its supposed to be used. How is that using a bug to gain an unfair advantage? lol

If you think its unfair then:

1) Get over it because the archer's are not getting banned
    2) Make an archer yourself and stop crying
    3)Get over the fact that there are and always will be "bugs"/"glitches" in a game and that it is smart to take advantage of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Inmani - Lost City
    Inmani - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    If you think its unfair then:

1) Get over it because the archer's are not getting banned
    2) Make an archer yourself and stop crying
    3)Get over the fact that there are and always will be "bugs"/"glitches" in a game and that it is smart to take advantage of it.

Read my post again nub, I'm defending archers.
This discussion has been closed.