Banning Archers for using glitch in zhen parties

Options

Comments

• Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I'll put this in to perspective like always:

Venomancers fight from the air with an aerial pet to kill a melee boss. Because of this the boss does not fight back. They are getting banned for this. = BUG!

Archers duel someone, get them to low hp, then use there zhen skill. By doing this, since the player never dies in a duel, the archers zhen keeps going until canceled. They are NOT getting banned. = BUG!

Both are bugs and only one is being banned.

Irrelevant information you guys keep bringing up:
    - "But archers need another player in order to use their bug!"
    What's your point...?

-"ZOMG you're just anti-veno!"
    I can be what ever the hell I want on this it doesn't change the fact that both are bugs and only the one is being banned.

-"But venos make my impatient **** have to wait to kill the boss! At least the archer bug has a benefit for me!"
    Thanks for admitting you're greedy, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand. A bug is a bug.

Serjah, learn the skills better before you enter a forum and throw in your 2 cents. It stop when the person/mob the archers is attacking dies. When you duel, the player never dies and so the archer skill goes indefinitely. So yes, it IS a bug. b:bye
    edited November 2008
    Options
    BTW I'm not fighting against archer's OR veno's despite how it looks. I personally think they should NOT ban for either since it's a game flaw and it should be fixed if the GM's have a problem with it.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    One last question...How can you be so sure its an error?

How can you be so sure that the skill is NOT broken?

Seriously now, this is kindergarten. Just because you cant bug boss mobs you have to take your anger out on the archers. Grow up.

Anyone else find the irony in this?
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Anyone else find the irony in this?

Read the skill description, I cannot believe people can be so stubborn. It's intended to never stop. The skill description says so!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Read the skill description, I cannot believe people can be so stubborn. It's intended to never stop. The skill description says so!

It doesn't matter how it is INTENDED to work! The fact is, the skill description says one thing, it does another. The fact that you have to duel somebody in order to get it to work "correctly" as you state, is a BUG! If it wasn't a bug it would work on mobs the way you claim it should work...
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Also, why do you think the GM's aren't commenting on one of the most updated threads? They know it's a bug but they won't do anything about it...
  • enigma32
    enigma32 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Also, why do you think the GM's aren't commenting on one of the most updated threads? They know it's a bug but they won't do anything about it...

What happens when a veno solos a boss? They solo a boss
    What happens when an archer abuses their aoe skill for a zhen party? They HAVE to use MP herios. Including that archer using an MP herio, there's a very good chance that an addition 5 people will also be using herios.
    It always comes down to money ;-).
    (EDIT) Oh and don't forget EXP boosters too. ^^
  • Lessie - Lost City
    Lessie - Lost City Posts: 917 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    enigma32 wrote: »
    What happens when a veno solos a boss? They solo a boss
    What happens when an archer abuses their aoe skill for a zhen party? They HAVE to use MP herios. Including that archer using an MP herio, there's a very good chance that an addition 5 people will also be using herios.
    It always comes down to money ;-).
    (EDIT) Oh and don't forget EXP boosters too. ^^

So since there's money required to bug.... let it go ? lmao b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

Dieho: I win 15 on 1, I roll all of your guild to sz all by myself !
    Lessie: Proof?
    Dieho: I dont have any, but my word is more than enough.
    Lessie: Well I won 33 on 1 the other day :D
    b:cute
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Ever thought about inviting the veno in your party?

So, still no official statement from PWE about all this... Wondering how long it will take....

A invite won't solve anything, if the veno won't accept it. One time when i fly by, i saw one veno glitching the boss, while there is 5 ppl (squad?) waiting around. Personally speaking, if i was in that squad, i would have just ks the veno.
  • enigma32
    enigma32 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    So since there's money required to bug.... let it go ? lmao

duh...lmao. They're not going to make a move that'll make them lose out on money; not one this miniscule at least.
  • Kazue - Heavens Tear
    Kazue - Heavens Tear Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Why you might ask???? Simple, because of the way the bug is triggered, the archer is targeting a PLAYER not a monster, and the AOE spills over to the monsters!

AOE is suppose to hit everything in its range. There is no "spill over". I have targeted a group of four mobs (those mobs next to that house around tusk town) with my aoe before. A white named melee runs up trying to kill the mob and dies to my aoe. So does this mean my aoe spilled over from the mob to the player?
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Alright, people...

An Archer's 59 skills(The Barrage) is a skill that, once started, isn't supposed to end. It's like the Wizard's 29 in this respect. However, the skill will end after whatever you're targeting dies, unlike the Wizard's skill. So, either...

1. The description is lying. Clearly, PWE wants you to believe something that isn't true. So, the skill is supposed to stop. Thus, the zhen for Archers is a "clever use of the game's mechanics".

2. The skill is broken. The skill ends when the target dies, instead of the intended eternal continuity. As such, you work your way around the broken skill to work it as it should've.

Either way, however, you are doing something irregular. However, I don't believe it should be bannable. It adds to the game, as opposed to WF glitching which takes away an element to the game.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
    edited November 2008
    Options
    enigma32 wrote: »
    duh...lmao. They're not going to make a move that'll make them lose out on money; not one this miniscule at least.

I've said that like 3 times this thread...

So my solution:
    make the game Free 2 Play for everyone except archers and venos!

just kidding....

no but seriously...

ark wrote: »
    Alright, people...

An Archer's 59 skills(The Barrage) is a skill that, once started, isn't supposed to end. It's like the Wizard's 29 in this respect. However, the skill will end after whatever you're targeting dies, unlike the Wizard's skill. So, either...

1. The description is lying. Clearly, PWE wants you to believe something that isn't true. So, the skill is supposed to stop. Thus, the zhen for Archers is a "clever use of the game's mechanics".

2. The skill is broken. The skill ends when the target dies, instead of the intended eternal continuity. As such, you work your way around the broken skill to work it as it should've.

Either way, however, you are doing something irregular. However, I don't believe it should be bannable. It adds to the game, as opposed to WF glitching which takes away an element to the game.

Your last statement can be argued both ways...

EA zhenning takes away from the game by eliminating the difficulty of killing magic mobs with normal mage zhen..

WF adds to the game by giving veno's a way to help low levels that normally can't do the bosses.

See what I mean? It can be argued both ways on that.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Compare this to veno, there's no description that tells you that you cant use flying pet on a specific monster, so venos using the bug is "clever use of game's mechanics" and shouldnt be banned.
    The flying pet attacking a specific mob is broken, you work your way into a squad and kill it the normal way.
    Adds to the game ? lvling in 1/10 of the time without doing any quest adds to the game ? b:laughb:laugh

Venos abusing glitch should be banned.
    Archers abusing glitch should be banned.
    Both or none, dont sugar coat one to make it look ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It doesn't matter how it is INTENDED to work! The fact is, the skill description says one thing, it does another. The fact that you have to duel somebody in order to get it to work "correctly" as you state, is a BUG! If it wasn't a bug it would work on mobs the way you claim it should work...

It's called a 'fix'. We use it on players to have it work as it was intended because the skill is broken. That has nothing to do with a bug. It's a FIX. There's a big big difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zahara - Heavens Tear
    Zahara - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Yeah, and maybe we can vote for archers damage from bows to be "nerfed" since they already have a range advantage....... or maybe we can just stick to the topic at hand.... which is presenting the question "Why are people being banned for some bugs, but not for others???"..... read much????

Eh swift... I've read 2 of ur posts here so far. Incase you didn't know, questions have one (1) question mark at the end of it. I think your button is broken because for some horrible reason there are always 2-4 in all of your questions. Not to mention the over usage of "....." and caps. Write much????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quoll
    quoll Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Hehe... whats next the crit arrow bug? Archers are the only ones who can't take advantage of that, and i am sure there are other classes out there with a crit arrow where its not suppose to be (including veno).

That's a bug? Never considered it one as i've played a few other MMOs that allowed or encouraged the same thing.

Actually, i'm pretty certain its intended. Non-arches can only use the 1% crit arrow as the bow is the only ranged weapon that isn't class restricted. The +acc and -cast time bonuses the other elite ammos give are far more beneficial to non-arches.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    In my opinion, the crit arrow isn't really a bug. Every class gets an ammunition spot. It's saying "Hey, I can leave ammo on here so I don't have to carry it later if I want to use a bow." The default bow is not archer Archer protected, and only costs 5 dex. So if they didn't want it to happen, they would either take away the ammo spot for non Archers, or make it so other classes can't equip bows.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quoll
    quoll Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    It's called a 'fix'. We use it on players to have it work as it was intended because the skill is broken. That has nothing to do with a bug. It's a FIX. There's a big big difference.

The only ones who can fix the game are the people on the development team. Until you get hired by the game designers, you're still glitching. No amount of justification will change that.

@Maiya - that was the point of what I edited in. To me it makes a lot more sense when you think of the benefit that the other elites would give to mages and melees.
  • Tomiko - Heavens Tear
    Tomiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    >.> wow.. 11 pages.... nerf archers? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA nerf venos instead. Venomancers are overpowered nuff said.. if you think it's not.. your a noob.. :| really. -.-

>.> Using duel as a start for Barrage.. you can see that when the player loses.. barrage doens't stop. the reason why? the target has not died. Where's the glitch?

venomancers using pets to pass thru walls... that's a glitch

Venomancers using fly mobs for land mobs and receiving no dmg whatsoever in pet/character and killing it's target... that's a glitch.

>.> Nevermore pretty much said everything about how barrage works and as far as we can see, there is no glitch in the skill "The skill doesn't stop unless you press ESC" There's nothing written in the description that if the mob dies it stops, so again where's the glitch?.

Skill Description:
    Focus all vigor energy, and release countless numbers of arrows up to the sky, then shower down onto the enemy, consuming 540 mana point at every 3 seconds to inflict devasting damage to a target and all enemies in radius of 12.0 meter within the area with basic physical attack of 200% from equipment attack value, plus 4585.6 of damage add-on, it can last until mana point is depleted, manually click to cancel it or by pressing the Esc button.

Damage was done to the target but it didn't die, also dmg was dealth to all enemies in radius of the meter. It did not say that the target should die so the skill would stop. well the target doesn't inflict dmg after the duel is done but you can't deal damage to the person unless she/he has his pvp protection off.
    See at the last part where it says. IT CAN LAST UNTIL MANA IS DEPLETED, MANUALLY CLICK TO CANCEL IT OR BY PRESSING THE ESC BUTTON

Again.. where's the glitch? This thread should be closed.
  • Lessie - Lost City
    edited November 2008
    Options
    ^^ lol saying venos overpowered....
    If it's not a glitch, why must u duel to "activate it" ??
    BTW If we follow in-game only info, where does it say IN GAME veno air pet cant atk gouf ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^^ Made by Saitada ^^

• t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Let this thread die. I'm veno and I want archers to keep the glitch ;o.

Its just like flesh reamn, its never going to be fixed because it is done to balance the class.

Venos would suck without flesh ream in pvp Archers would suck because they'd level super slow.

Case closed move on

Can't believe you're so worked up about killing a few bosses, I did gouf @ 50 with my eyes closed
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Eh swift... I've read 2 of ur posts here so far. Incase you didn't know, questions have one (1) question mark at the end of it. I think your button is broken because for some horrible reason there are always 2-4 in all of your questions. Not to mention the over usage of "....." and caps. Write much????

OH GOODY..................................................i have a fan.................................................................................jealous MUCH??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????b:laugh
  • Eliatron - Lost City
    Eliatron - Lost City Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    May I introduce the concept Rules As Written?

According to RAW translated in english the skill its not working if it stops after a mob died. Lets says it works EXACTLY like the Regeneration Aure of Cleric... Am I listening someone complaining because Reg Aura STOPS when all party is healed? NO... so, if Reg Aura dont stop (when description is EXACTLY the same as archers considering the "stop when esc pressed, mana run out) that means that archers skill its not supposed to stop.

So, what zhen parties are doing is actually MAKE SKILL WORKS as it should.

If you wanna discuss then you better get a translator and check chinese version to be exactly sure what the skill description is saying.

I made an analogy to cleric's healing aura, same working method of skills. Or Clerics one is wrong, or Archers one is wrong. No one complains about cleric (of course no one will), so conclusion is that ppl are jelaous because of this EFFICIENT way of zhening.

May I say something else? IM NOT A CASH SHOP USER.

But RAW are very clear.
    So lets say this... dont want archers to use this skill non stop? Ok then....I propose that cleric one STOPS TOO when party is healed...well see what you say now.
  • Oichi - Lost City
    Oichi - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    okay, from reading up, i'm not entirely clear what some of you mean.

are you insinuating that because a veno can solo a boss, that they should be banned?
    i'm not talking about glitching either.

and even if we're talking about say, the fb29 glitch, unless you and your pet are mega levels higher, a veno's pet couldn't solo it entirely.

when the door is open, not using the glitch, you can't even stand in the open doorway to heal your pet. sometimes i'm stuck in the center of the room just to heal my pet and risk being aggro'd myself while other classes with skill that have more range can stand in the doorway, away from aggro.

because we have pets doesn't mean we have the higher advantage in the entire game. each class has it's pros and cons. our pets make up for the fact that veno generally don't have a high phys defense, for example.

as for air pet + land mob, lol.. venos can still get hit. you can't heal your pet from far away, as previously mentioned, so generally, when you're in the air with your air pet attacking on the ground, you're still in the aggro range. your pet will not continue to fight something if you're a far enough distance away.

that's only some mobs, and no, i'm not encouraging the whole glitching gouf with an air pet thing. it's meant to be a boss, not something to let your air pet attack while you walk away from your screen and go eat or whatever.

however, attacking any land mob with an air pet is just a waste of my time. air = air mobs, land = land mobs, water = water mobs. that's how it goes. there wouldn't be several types of pets if they expected venos to use the wrong pets for mobs.

as for the archer/zhen thing.. like i said before, each class has pros and cons. archers have a great skill for zhen. if it was a bug, then the skill description wouldn't specifically describe it that way.

what someone said about the inviting the veno to your pt, i'm going to rephrase.....

just invite archers to your zhen parties so they can use their skill. b:chuckle
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    ^^ Lol Saying Venos Overpowered....
    BEE

PHOENIX

asdfasdfasdfasdf
  • Wysteria - Heavens Tear
    Wysteria - Heavens Tear Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    cyanr wrote: »
    Here's a better solution for your problems.

FIX THE BUGS! IN THE NEXT FOLLOWING MAJOR UPDATES! It's the ONLY WAY to solve this problem and deal with these EXPLOITATIONS. So, people will stop abusing these areas. Not that I'm demanding it, its just unfair for people getting banned because they are exploiting an UNFIXED bugs of the game.

My sentiments exactly, IF there is bugs/glitches for gawds sake for peace n sanity fix em!

I think if there is an programming error causing a glitch/bug, then no one should be banned, the programmers need to sort it out!

I have no idea what a zhen party is, or even after reading the explanation what exactly the bug is and up until I read this thread, was looking forward to the barrage skill.... having worked my butt off to get to the level to have it, thinking that this will help my faction & any squad I'm in greatly.

I dont care that venos in general level faster or catching the pets, can generally make more money, and can solo a boss - great for them.

I also dont care that it costs shedloads to be an archer. I love this game, love the community spirit (well obviously not the community spirit in this thread lmao)

I think theres just a lot of stupid complaining and whinging going on instead of just enjoying the flippin game, and working to make your character stronger and better.
  • Goldrac - Lost City
    Goldrac - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    so i asume that when WF use air mob on boss, boss bugs and dont fight back? buts lol thats not wf buging game( well if u awere of thats its kinda exploiding but ...) its juts boss broken, where sayd that wf cant use air mobs to ground mobs? in My server i was useing bee to kill some ground mobs coz it was safer for me, u stil get reduced dmg while fighting like that ,+ bee still get ataked ... so fix the boss lol. as for archers, thats a bug in theyr skill, as it sayd abowe, if u need alive target to non stop using that skill, its not intend to go non stop, only until target dies .... or fix skill and make it nontarget, coz now, its exploiding if u use another ppl to duel to keep that skill runing. its definitely a bug for both cases, but it should be fixed instead of baning ppl, and if u ppl are to ignorant to see that ...
    but who knows if our game devs/gms arent money lowers and dont care whats going in game if they hawe full pokets...

so fix boss and fix archers skill, that or it stop when target dies/duel ends or make it non target( ormaybe target one mob, and ewe its dies still would go on, targeting player to keep it runing its exploiding). didnt heard that bug fixing req original game devs aprowal, so it shouldnt be hard to fix it, instead of baning ppl, since u ban one, 10 comes to eploid in his place.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    Consuming 540 mana every 3 seconds, release countless arrows into to the sky delivering devasting damage to the target and enemies within a 12.0 meter of radius the target, inflicting base physical damage plus 200% of weapon damage plus 4585.6. Skill will not stop until you click cancel button or press ESC.

will not stop
  • Lazyluna - Heavens Tear
    Lazyluna - Heavens Tear Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Both are exploiting a glitch. Therefore both should be banned.

The idea that one abuse is less of an offense than another is a joke. A glitch is a GLITCH. Abusing one is exactly that. There is no way around it, whether you like it or not. Swallow the bitter pill already. An archer who abuses the zhen glitch is the same as a Veno who abuses the boss glitch. Both shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the game. Deal with it.

Allow me to answer why this is:

Archers need mp heiros to zhen. More zhen = more money for PWE!

Veno bug = nothing for PWE = banhammer!
    Quoted for truth.
    b:bye RETIRED
This discussion has been closed.