Banning Archers for using glitch in zhen parties

Comments

• Darknin - Lost City
    Darknin - Lost City Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Ah well fixed~
    Text on the Wiz skill and text on the archer skill is nearly identical. They both say that the skill will not stop until canceled manually. So either

1. The text is wrong on the archer skill
    2. Both the wizard and archer skills are broken and both should stop on death of target.
    3. The archer skill is bugged, and should not stop.

Fact is the GMs seem to agree, that the skill on it's own does not work as intended. Until further investigation the verdict is that the "bug" is that you have to use special means to do it. Sorry but it appears this argument is settled unless new information shows up implying the GMs have changed their mind, case closed.

If you think its unfair then:

1) Get over it because the archer's are not getting banned
    2) Make an archer yourself and stop crying
    3)Get over the fact that there are and always will be "bugs"/"glitches" in a game and that it is smart to take advantage of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Admins have spoken(finally) and whether we agree or whether we don't, we have to respect their decision.

We venos really can't complain much, lurring is still an acceptable practice, and that in itself appears pretty "exploitish" to me as well.

If it is still PWI policy to ban players for "exploiting" the Gouf bug, all that we ask is that you take some kind of an effort to make this information common knowledge, since it is so easily done by accident.
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Admins have spoken(finally) and whether we agree or whether we don't, we have to respect their decision.

We venos really can't complain much, lurring is still an acceptable practice, and that in itself appears pretty "exploitish" to me as well.

If it is still PWI policy to ban players for "exploiting" the Gouf bug, all that we ask is that you take some kind of an effort to make this information common knowledge, since it is so easily done by accident.

I've never once heard of glitching gouf as uncommon knowlege, every person I've seen do it, has used the verb. glitch to describe what they are doing, and seriously, if you see a team of 6 whipe doing something, and then you send your pet out, and it takes 0 damage. Does it honestly take a mind reader to figure that one out.

If this were in the beginers area sure mabe I could say there'd be some ignorance, but really 95% of the population is in a guild by level 39, and pretty much everyone asks about a boss before randomly attacking it.
  • swiftlikeafox
    swiftlikeafox Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I've never once heard of glitching gouf as uncommon knowlege, every person I've seen do it, has used the verb. glitch to describe what they are doing, and seriously, if you see a team of 6 whipe doing something, and then you send your pet out, and it takes 0 damage. Does it honestly take a mind reader to figure that one out.

If this were in the beginers area sure mabe I could say there'd be some ignorance, but really 95% of the population is in a guild by level 39, and pretty much everyone asks about a boss before randomly attacking it.

And yet anyone in game that I've talked to or warned about the Gouf bug and that they could be banned had no prior knowledge of it whatsoever, and were gratefull for the heads-up.

If I had no knowledge about this bug I could easily see myself sending in an airpet while flying to feel him out for the type of damage he's doing against my pet while I remain a safe distance away before I decide to tackle him on land........ and I never "ask" about bosses until I've tried them once or twice myself and failed..... and good luck getting any information from your guild as 70% of all guilds are little more than semi-organized bands of noobs who don't know their butts from a hole in the ground.

The problem is that you assume that everyone came from a previous version of PW, and that everyone reads the forums, obviously this is not the case.
  • bluberrie
    bluberrie Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    You guys are all crazy, why ban the characters? Fix the glitch, if they find a new one, fix that one too. No known glitches= problem solved
  • Onishi - Heavens Tear
    Onishi - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    bluberrie wrote: »
    You guys are all crazy, why ban the characters? Fix the glitch, if they find a new one, fix that one too. No known glitches= problem solved

GMs can't do anything about glitches, they don't have the rights to the source code, and I'm assuming not much of a programming staff. So all fixes and things go on the Chinese developers, who don't give a **** about much anything.
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    GMs can't do anything about glitches, they don't have the rights to the source code, and I'm assuming not much of a programming staff. So all fixes and things go on the Chinese developers, who don't give a **** about much anything.

If they won't fix a glitch that's been around for four years or so, I doubt it's ever gonna get fixed.
  • Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear
    Kingpiccolo - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    One day, once they've decided they added enough features they'll work on hard bugs. But I think now they are still more concerned with rolling out new features and stuff.
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Rofl, I sure you wouldn't be calling it an unfair glitch if you were the ones paying for the charm to sustain it.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • urobi
    urobi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    instead of arguing like a bunch of children (no offence if there are any out there) tell a gm about the bugs DON'T use them and wait for PW to fix them and all is better.b:laugh b:laugh
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lol the point of this post was to illustrate double standards.

Let me put en end tho this
    FACT: The gouf bug will NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS BE FIXED, neither will the archer skill.
    Archers are allowed to do it because it gives PWI buttloads of cash, venos are not because PWI gets no money.

Thats just life, we deal with it and move on.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    lol the point of this post was to illustrate double standards.

Let me put en end tho this
    FACT: The gouf bug will NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS BE FIXED, neither will the archer skill.
    Archers are allowed to do it because it gives PWI buttloads of cash, venos are not because PWI gets no money.

Thats just life, we deal with it and move on.

NO, did you read the thread the examples/parallels to the wizard skill?
    its not like the zhenning is even that great for archers, moreso helps the other classes. its just easy
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Uhm hello common sense?

Skills that require targets are NEVER contious skills, thats all there is to it. Tager dies, skill ends.
    If they wanted it to be always on it would be like the wiz skill and centred around the caster without a target.

But hey like I said, no one cares, nothing will change.. we just live with it.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2008
    ..except the wizard skill..which has the same wording for when it stops ? please read skill descriptions it doesnt stop till you run out of mana or hit esc
    http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php if you need the dragon's breath vs barrage of arrows. it seems how the game is made it doesnt allow you to target a non living item to be a target ( i.e. land)...maybe thats why...
    center around target for archer is silly hed hit himself in the head with an arrow

so its fair for wiz to have this skill and not archer? i don't see how...
    if it was suppose to stop at least it should give chi on hit ><
  • Naris - Heavens Tear
    Naris - Heavens Tear Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    I realize Xarfox already said people won't be banned for it, but if they were to start banning wouldn't they take out the high level clerics, wizards, barbarians and blademasters who are also in the party? All of these players have charms, and the barbs and bms most likely have fast mounts.

Fact is you can earn exp more effectively out of a zhen party if you don't mind using the much larger amount of time. One of the benefits of the cash shop is that it cuts down on time you have to use... hence zhen.

If they were to start banning, they'd probably lose a fair number of paying non-veno classes to burnout from the grind.

It is quite costly to keep a zhen up, whereas it costs nothing to bug bosses. Zhenning is effective but painful on your wallet... that's the part where glitching becomes a bit stickier.
  • iruine
    iruine Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    has it occurred to u that these might not be glitches, and that if they were, they probably would have been fixed long ago? i think that pple should dcide for themselves whether or not they are bugs, and act accordingly.
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    i think the only thing patched is cash shop items and events,
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • tinkus
    edited November 2008
    iruine wrote: »
    has it occurred to u that these might not be glitches, and that if they were, they probably would have been fixed long ago? i think that pple should dcide for themselves whether or not they are bugs, and act accordingly.

That wouldn't explain Gouf, which is a well-known bug that has existed for many years. To this day, however, nothing has been done about it.
  • Lotus - Lost City
    Lotus - Lost City Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    jenenji wrote: »
    It's not ok for either class to abuse glitches or bugs. Once again, Venos should stop pointing fingers and learn to play the game without abusing ANY glitch or bug.

You act as if venos arent getting a mass amount of fingers pointed at them. People act like its an easy clase (quick xp and coins) but its just as hard as the other classes, and honestly the archer glitch is a little more unfair if you want to go off the xp and drops ratio. I just think its funny that veno's get banned so quick for a simple boss glitch, yet ppl can advertise zhen parties on WC and nothing happens to them.

Beside most ppl who say veno is easy either haven't play a veno long or never have bothered.

(PS if you havent played a veno, dont try and tell the veno in your pt how to lure >.<, i know thats a tangent, but its been bugging me lately)
  • Lotus - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    tinkus wrote: »
    That wouldn't explain Gouf, which is a well-known bug that has existed for many years. To this day, however, nothing has been done about it.

Same bug works on Kimsa and several lvl 70+ mobs
  • Lotus - Lost City
    edited December 2008
    Read my post again nub, I'm defending archers.

your 3rd point should apply to the venos too then
  • Nevermore - Heavens Tear
    Nevermore - Heavens Tear Posts: 438 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You act as if venos arent getting a mass amount of fingers pointed at them. People act like its an easy clase (quick xp and coins) but its just as hard as the other classes,
    Beside most ppl who say veno is easy either haven't play a veno long or never have bothered.

Have a lvl 61 Veno myself all I can say, what you said is wrong. Veno's are SO much easier to play and make so much more money than archers for example. Do YOU have another high lvl character besides your veno? Play an archer or any of the other classes and you'll see the big difference in game play and how much coins you have...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Have a lvl 61 Veno myself all I can say, what you said is wrong. Veno's are SO much easier to play and make so much more money than archers for example.

61? You have seen nothing yet. Try 81b:chuckle

As for the buggeable boss : Gouf, Oggo, Kimsa.

That's it. A whole 3 bosses that give absolutely nothing in drops or such. This is not Lineage II where boss can drop nice stuff...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Envy - Lost City
    Envy - Lost City Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    After lv80 there are some physical damage only mobs like "Cougaret Master at Arms" and is usual I see some parties killing them with AOE skills leave EP with bubble in top of a small rock in a way that mobs can't attack EP. If they ban WF they should ban too that EPs.

This is not a new game, but we have new GMs with little experience that get influenced by some jealous players that cry allot bc they don't want that other ppl take advantages of some features of the game.

It's ridiculous that ppl say that I can get banned for lure that big dude boss to Angler's Village after a Horse race to get 100 ppl killed. Why they made this stupid rule, because of the dozens of noob Conquerer members that everyday kill bunnies from safe zone?

just when i thought something half way intelligent could come out of you b:cry
  • Trenith - Heavens Tear
    Trenith - Heavens Tear Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I haven't read much of the posts within this thread, cause theres like a million pages of them.

Solution: Dont ban players for dev teams mistakes. If people dont want a veno soloing a boss. Then why did they give them pets and the ability to do so? Nerf'em if its that serious.

Instead of banning a player on dev teams behalf, the dev team should instead fix there mistakes. Yeah its cool to get new cash shop items here and there. But, why dont they sit back one day and actually patch the game and fix the bugs that they have generated. This is just like walkin through some the walls. If a player decides to run through a wall in x and y location then let them. Untill the dev team decides to fix it, its legal. Its apart of the game play. There mistakes, fix em. Dont ban players who have spent hundred of dollars to the get there character up.
  • tinkus
    edited December 2008
    Same bug works on Kimsa and several lvl 70+ mobs

Which makes the situation even worse in my eyes. These are issues that the dev team in China must know about, as it's present in multiple versions. Instead of fixing it, their solution is to ban players who may not even realize they're doing something wrong. Meanwhile, players who may or may not be abusing a glitch (thanks to an ambiguous description) are allowed to do so freely because it requires cash shop items to effectively use.

Frankly, I don't care either way about the archer thing, as I didn't play that class or desire to gain levels in that fashion. But banning players because of something that may not be recognized as a glitch (isn't there another boss that doesn't fight back?) isn't just unfair, it's a bad way to treat potentially paying customers. You can't say "Oh, it's all over the boards" because a lot of players don't come to the message boards in the first place. Either fix it or count it as a loss, but don't alienate your players because the devs can't be arsed to fix a few bugs.
  • Terrible - Heavens Tear
    Terrible - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Its kind of like saying the Clerics Blue Ball and the Wizards AoE is a glitch as well? Its not like our mp charms dont get totally wasted to **** or our 3 arrows per cast dont go down. We pay to have it continue and I mean a great deal. Gold mp charm doesnt last long at all while using barrage.
    Guild: RoC b:angry
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Have a lvl 61 Veno myself all I can say, what you said is wrong. Veno's are SO much easier to play and make so much more money than archers for example. Do YOU have another high lvl character besides your veno? Play an archer or any of the other classes and you'll see the big difference in game play and how much coins you have...

I think you are right, But do you take your Veno to the zen party to burn money? Do you spend time to practice your Veno how to PVP/PK? No you don't, That's why Veno is easyer to play and cheaper to play.
    Most people are saying Veno is the best soloer, that's true in most of the case, but did you see a Veno's pet get killed by a boss 10 level below even before Veno get a chance to heal her while watching a Bar with same level as the boss tanking him?
    How many time have you seen a FB/Zhen party looking for a Veno? Yes, it happens some time, but can you comare to the requests for BAR/CLC/DD? so you grinding solo as a Veno, that's also the reason Veno can get more coins, because they kill more mobs then maybe any other class.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    Its kind of like saying the Clerics Blue Ball and the Wizards AoE is a glitch as well? Its not like our mp charms dont get totally wasted to **** or our 3 arrows per cast dont go down. We pay to have it continue and I mean a great deal. Gold mp charm doesnt last long at all while using barrage.

it actually lasts less then wizard or cleric and using apoth items is less useful for us since our low mp pool , heck to keep it going in lower 60s you have to use 1 or 3 pieces of +mana armor
    120 mp/sec at lvl 1 ftl
  • Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I don't see why people are complaining about this. In most zhens, a higher level archer with this AoE is pretty much required for the Zhen to even work. Besides, they're the ones dumping all that money in charms and repairs to make it happen.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.