For Anyone Who Cannot Patch

Options

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If you are on a University campus, or other university controlled location, and use their internet, you may need to contact the Sys Admin or computer networking staff for the university and ask them to open up your internet IP/port/etc for your room or connection to the IP addresses listed here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=36841

Many universities block traffic to certain types of websites form different reasons. If you let them know the website IP addresse are NOT used for downloading illegal content, they might open them up for you.

You may have to change the web settings for your antivirus, security or router software/firmware to accept the IP addresses and have port 29000 opened.

Same thing for some of you outside of the US. Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) may prioritize the packets from some countries and not others. Try contacting your ISP and ask them to allow the traffic for the IP addresses listed at the link above.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Jinosi - Lost City
    Jinosi - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I got no places else then my homes to play and i'm using my mothers net without any restrictions or acces denyiness on it Darthpanda and i'm sure it should connect directly to your server and connection places and i know clearly that i have no things that block anything here at my Mom's Home and she don't have a Key on her Net and even so should the game work perfectly when i am playing it but what is the reason when i know theres nothing that blocks it and i'm never playing anyhwere else then my Mom's Home and i'm using my Father's PC whic the game works totally perfect on so what is the problem then?

And i do not think it might be the Block Category thing it is with but something i might not know

Thanks for listening and try to tell me something else instead of IPS Admin it is not the IPS but something else i might have forgotten and no blocke around in my Mom's Home here

What now then?

I don't have any Virus blocks or whatever and my PC are secured with a special thing by a friend of mine so nothing should go wrong about net or anything like that so this makes no sense though
  • dtz
    dtz Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Jinosi crits English language for 900000000 damage.

English language dies.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild.
  • charshio9000
    charshio9000 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    selest wrote: »
    I'm totally new at this and I really need some help. My OS is Vista and I have completely installed all of PW, but when I open up the "patcher" It asks me if I would like to update. I click yes and it will start to update and then proceed to tell me "File download appear error." and I can click retry or not to update. and everytime I retry it will just keep doing the same thing. Please help me.

yah same here not only did i wait 2 days to download this but im growing tired of the wait anyways i want to play but i cant update :confused:
  • hybrid95
    hybrid95 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    help I patched from 1-8 now. My game version is 8 but when I run the game, The Update Settings keep poping up and I can't even click on it to select update server: I can just tab back and forth on Confirm and Cancel. How do I adjust or select the update server? Btw, my Update, Manual, and Verify buttons are all gray out too. When I update the patches from 1-8 I can see the Update button replaces as Start button but a box then says something I need to confirm and restart the loader. Help please. How come my Update Manual and Verify buttons are gray out and everytime I load the game I always get the Update Settings box pop up and I can't even select update server: to confirm >.>
  • hybrid95
    hybrid95 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    help I patched from 1-8 now. My game version is 8 but when I run the game, The Update Settings keep poping up and I can't even click on it to select update server: I can just tab back and forth on Confirm and Cancel. How do I adjust or select the update server? Btw, my Update, Manual, and Verify buttons are all gray out too. When I update the patches from 1-8 I can see the Update button replaces as Start button but a box then says something I need to confirm and restart the loader. Help please. How come my Update Manual and Verify buttons are gray out and everytime I load the game I always get the Update Settings box pop up and I can't even select update server: to confirm >.>
  • fade2black002
    fade2black002 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yeah i'm also new and can't auto update at all.
    I've tried just about every method on these boards and the update just stops and sits there.

I've tried directly downloading the update files as well.... same thing. So my guess is that there's something wrong on THAT side and not mine.
    I agree completely with this guy here. I'm not surprised that they don't even mention that It could actually be a problem on there end, which I'm inclined to believe that it is. So i just got this about an hour ago and have been trying to get it updated manually and through the server itself but alas it all fails from both ways. I got a 6343MBP/s internet connection so that's not the problem. I got no firewall or AV on my system so that's out of the question as well. I don't even have the windows one enabled. So henceforth once again I'm almost positive that It's on your guy's end and not ours.
    I think you guys should update your update servers firmware if you haven't done so already and make sure everything on your end is up to date first before you think its on our ends.
  • elaisylus
    elaisylus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hi,

I got a problem guys.
    Everytime, after my patch, when I want to start PW, I got a several error, over and over.
    Here is the screenshot:
    errorha3.jpg

I hope you can give me a fast reply, I wanna play. ^o^
    And please dont say, use the SeFu, I didn't find any Topic to this.

Thanks in advance,

Elai
  • packofwolves99
    packofwolves99 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    If you are on a University campus, or other university controlled location, and use their internet, you may need to contact the Sys Admin or computer networking staff for the university and ask them to open up your internet IP/port/etc for your room or connection to the IP addresses listed here:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=36841

Many universities block traffic to certain types of websites form different reasons. If you let them know the website IP addresse are NOT used for downloading illegal content, they might open them up for you.

I know for a fact that my university is not one of the aforementioned universities that block websites... the only thing they check for is if your computer is attacking others' and if it is, it shuts off your internet until you can fix the problem. This isn't the problem for me (I'm posting this online, aren't I?).
    You may have to change the web settings for your antivirus, security or router software/firmware to accept the IP addresses and have port 29000 opened.

The port is opened, and my firewall knows to accept those IP addresses. As I said earlier, I have no problem connecting to the server to update my game/client version. The only problem is when I try to actually log in to the game, where it gives me the error "Unable to connect to server".
  • bixel
    bixel Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hi guys Win XP, PW version 9
    I got a key, but I cant find out where to use it

# Login on your Perfect World account.
    # Go to your Account Information page, scroll down to the bottom and apply your beta code to your account.

I do this but at the bottom of the page there is no place to apply the beta code
  • Ladyaeris - Heavens Tear
    Ladyaeris - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hey, my sister has a strange log in problem; she can log into the game, but not into the website. Can anyone help?
  • orme
    orme Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hello ; same problem here, two friends from Belgium suddenly have no longer access neither to the site nor the game itself.
  • kurayousei
    kurayousei Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Where do I activate the key? I'm not seeing anything that is for it. Plz help someone >~<
  • jones116
    jones116 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I think there is a problem with the with the update file tasks.data. It tries to update but when it gets to tasks.data it loads partially, then stops for a minute or two then asks me "File download appear error. Retry?"
  • neraka
    neraka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    okay, i have downloaded the game and i got the patch 1-5 downloaded and it says Game Version: 5 and it "tries" to update but it gets 'stuck' i could call it at

updating files....
    elements.data

and pops up this box that by the time i try to read it it goes away....and i'm so confused..if someone could perhaps tell me what i am or am not doing wrong/right that'd be appreciated ^^ thanks in advance :)
  • stripe
    stripe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    HI neraka,

Try deleting elements.data from your C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\data directory ,

they restart the launcher, and see if it still gets stuck.

If that does not work try the solution in this thread here :

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=60091

Let me know how you get on.
  • neraka
    edited September 2008
    Options
    well i got it to Game Version: 8 now, just gotta see if it'll work ^^
  • neraka
    edited September 2008
    Options
    oh yay it says start now instead of update ^^ but i gotta get ready for the dentist now :D
  • blahboy
    blahboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    erm...cuse me, i can't log in to server, but i can log in to website? any help?
  • jones116
    edited September 2008
    Options
    My problem is the same as neraka's, except its the tasks.data file. I tried deleting it, that didn't work. I tried the link and that hasn't worked either so I'm stuck too.
  • stripe
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Great Neraka! Which method solved the problem? Good luck at the dentist *.*

Jones116 - Have you run through the checks for your firewall, making sure the port 29000 is open?
    Also, when you load up launcher, there is an initial file check, and version check. Does this go very fast for you, or is it slow ( i've found if it's slow , it's the code issue, and if its fast, it's a corrupt data issue.)

When you tried the link , did you extract everything and run both bat files?
    Try http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=569611&postcount=3 use these files to manually patch your client to v7, and then try autoupdating from there.
  • keryana
    keryana Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I tried again... extract with Winrar instead of WinZip and this time it works !! It's updating now ! Thank u so much !!!
  • jones116
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Stripe, I'm not sure how to check the firewall for that. As for how long it takes to check the initial file and version it takes about 3 or 4 seconds before it tries to update again. I think it's a corrupt data issue. When I tried manually patching from the PW site it said the files were corrupted. I need to note that I have Game version 5. I extracted the CHINAS.ZIP file but I only see one .bat file. I see only the CHINAS.BAT file. When I double click the file, a window appears and disappears in less than a sec. As for the link you provided. I downloaded and extracted the files, but I can't manually select them from the launcher. They aren't .cup files. I don't know, I'm probably doing something wrong there.
  • stripe
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hi Jones116. - Your problem sounds like the one I was having earlier. You won't be able to update from the manual patches if it is. ( Either becuase it can't connect to the server, or becuase your computer can't compile chinese code ( I believe ))

filesrt6.jpg

Here you can see my folder that I extracted the codepage.exe too ( just replace the text in the path box to somewhere you can easily navigate to.

In this screenshot you can see all the folders, I selected all zip files from the installation and extracted to a seperate folder.

Enter inside the CHINAS, and CHINAT folder

Inside each , is a .bat file. Run that.

I think you only opened the CHINAS.zip

Hope this helps :)
  • luhoran
    luhoran Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Anyone have the newest patch up for manual download? It's getting stuck on the elements.data file and I can't play. I have Version 9, need patch for after that. Thanks.
  • stripe
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Is elements the first file that it tries to update, yet it gets stuck?

If it gets stuck on any file, just quit the patcher and load it up again, making sure to select resume unfinished downloads.
  • aisu21
    aisu21 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I have a similar problem, i can log in on the website, but cannot log into a server in game.. says that I can't connect to a server.
  • Dgaf - Heavens Tear
    Dgaf - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sorry but we not need a manual patcher
    we need an automatic patcher who work correctly :mad:
  • nightmare7
    nightmare7 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    can't there be a manual patch for this...cuz for some reason i can't seem to be able to download it from the program :/
  • Zazard - Heavens Tear
    Zazard - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    well to me a manual patcher would work much faster :/
    i just can't seem to be able to patch this with the program :/
This discussion has been closed.