For Anyone Who Cannot Patch

Options

Comments

• Luwenhan - Heavens Tear
    Luwenhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You'd figure with the many complaints about patching, they'd have fixed the auto patcher by now.

edited September 2008
    Options
    Every update is the same thing, I don't want to spend hours hitting re-try, I could be playing all that time...ugh makes me so mad. LoL. Man Patch would be nice ^^
  • Haan - Lost City
    Haan - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hope ther will be a manual patch soon...lol...im confident GM's will fix this..:)
  • Baifang - Heavens Tear
    Baifang - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    The time difference between them establishing the current problem, and the number of complainers there are escalating is huge. Not to mention, if there is a problem on server side, the multiple retries from users will only continually slow their OTS system down.

I'd like a manual patch definitely. But I'm happy to give PW a wide berth for a few hours and do something else and let things calm down

/waits for inevitable troll attack
  • mrtwiggy
    mrtwiggy Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! *trolls*

Meh. I just downloaded the game, my friend is playing perfectly fine, he goes to sleep, I get the game up and running, and now it's burning in flames. Talk about bad luck. :/

I'm sure they'll have things fixed tomorrow, I just hate waiting XD, like everyone else of course.
  • Ajvaras - Heavens Tear
    Ajvaras - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    We need version 9 - *Ech, I dont know* Manual Patcher!!!
  • velvatina
    velvatina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Thank you Thank you Thank you muuuuwaah :D
  • maulik
    maulik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    same problem
    everytime i connect to the server , autoupdaes and then hangs in between

admin
    i think u shud put manual as well auto updaes together
  • corty
    corty Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    im having a problem with my auto update it is hanging on the d03.dds file cant connect to server so i have it retry i have even tried closing and restarting it but still does it if i let it keep retrying the whole autopatcher crashes :(

i agree i think the manual patches should be updated when a new patch is released perhaps have one person update the website with the manual patch while the rest do the server/s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Oh! I didn't realize! Is he your pal? Is he your chum? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THAT **** ALMOST MADE YOU DO?
  • aurelhati
    aurelhati Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    For two weeks my friend has been telling me how fun PW is and since I'm impatient and hate downloading stuff off the net, I paid for a free dvd to be shipped to me. The dvd took two weeks, finally arrived today and I successfully installed the game onto my comp... only to find I have to manually patch it, which worked. Kind of. I've managed to update it to version 8, but like many others, the patcher can't update passed tasks.data.

I'm sure PW is a great game once it's up and running, but the patching errors aren't winning me over XP
  • skyl
    skyl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    corty wrote: »
    im having a problem with my auto update it is hanging on the d03.dds file cant connect to server so i have it retry i have even tried closing and restarting it but still does it if i let it keep retrying the whole autopatcher crashes :(

The some here... on file b03.dds

4H Of TRY AGAIN.....
  • Ajvaras - Heavens Tear
    Ajvaras - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Stuck at b04.dds
  • selethe
    selethe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Deleting the elements.data file from the H:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\data folder allowed me to patch the client successfully.
  • zenrau
    zenrau Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    aurelhati wrote: »
    For two weeks my friend has been telling me how fun PW is and since I'm impatient and hate downloading stuff off the net, I paid for a free dvd to be shipped to me. The dvd took two weeks, finally arrived today and I successfully installed the game onto my comp... only to find I have to manually patch it, which worked. Kind of. I've managed to update it to version 8, but like many others, the patcher can't update passed tasks.data.

I'm sure PW is a great game once it's up and running, but the patching errors aren't winning me over XP

ditto............*sigh* trying to get this game to run has been such a long, frustrating ordeal. long downloads, failed downloads, WRONG downloads, etc. etc. etc. i'm starting to lose hope i'll ever get to play it but i've invested so much time into it already i can't give up just yet. maybe someday.
  • hailua
    hailua Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    may i have a new version manual patch Plz!
    the update server doesn't to work correctly.
  • vassago85
    vassago85 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    So this is definitely weird... My patcher worked the first time, with the first update just fine, now the second one doesn't want to make it past b03.dds .
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Please send your log files to our ticketing system now, located here:

http://support.perfectworld.com/ticketing

In this thread, I'm going to clear out (read: delete) all attempts to post logs here on the forums.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Saphira - Heavens Tear
    Saphira - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    K i have read and done the following sent everthing to tech support like asked no reply as of yet and still cant get on the game i just wanna play. i keep getting the file download appear error plz retry and still nothing how long does it take them to respond been here 4 hours now trying to get this to work
  • kuukai
    kuukai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sap <___< do you have the same name on the pvp server .__. i kinda know the person with the same name .. but shes gone missing t.t

ps: Miar here >___<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saphira - Heavens Tear
    Saphira - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    no hun sorry dont play on pvp server
  • neraka
    neraka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    stripe- i downloaded patches 1-5, updated it, then patches 5-7 updated it and then patches 7-8 and it then updated to the "Game Version: 9" and i was able to get on and i played a bit before it froze my computer (i'm playing on a laptop) and i had to restart...played a bit..then it froze...did that about 3 times before i gave up on it, i now just got done with deleting alot of pictures that i just put on cd's and stuff from vacations ect ^^ hopefully now it will work better
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Ok, so some people are having issues with patching to the latest version of the game, from within the game's front end.

This patch is larger then previous ones, and takes some time to compile in the background.

If you are Auto Updating the patch, try exiting the game if it doesn't look like it is making progress patching after 10-15 minutes.

Exit the game, restart the game and resume the patching process. If it hangs again, try again another few times after 10-15 minutes with each try.

We are aware of the patching issues some of you are having and are working to figure out the issues with the last few patches.

There are no manual patches at this time for the current version.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Whatever version of the game you are attempting to patch to, you will have to try patching from within the game's front end to download and compile the latest version.

This patch is larger then previous ones, and takes some time to compile in the background.

If you are Auto Updating the patch, try exiting the game if it doesn't look like it is making progress patching after 10-15 minutes.

Exit the game, restart the game and resume the patching process. If it hangs again, try again another few times after 10-15 minutes with each try.

We are aware of the patching issues some of you are having and are working to figure out the issues with the last few patches.

Please be patient, and thank you all for testing the game with us! :D
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options

Thank you for your patience and helping us test the game in open beta! :D
  • ladyeclipse
    ladyeclipse Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    either the patch is dirty or your patch server is not up to the task., please make something so we can externally do it as the patch from 9 to 10 looks sizeable and well with high speed internet or dialup it doesnt matter its hanging everytime now.
    The beginning of your wisdom is the acknowledgement that eventually i will kill you.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    It may appear to be hanging on the bars on the front-end while patching, but it is also compiling and adding the new files to the game in the background.

Give the patch some time when it is updating. Wait 10-15 minutes (or more, depending on your internet connection). Walk away from the computer, go do something else.

Come back and see if it is done. If not, exit the game, restart the game, and resume the patch.

It has taken some people a multiple tries before it completes the patching process.

We are aware of the issues with this patch and PWE is working on it.

Thank you for your patience! :D
  • vantales
    vantales Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Maybe its only to one half the fault of the updater. Im having huge problems with the forums as well. So I tried running a traceroute to the forum server and to the patch server. For the patchserver I get timeout beginning on step 13/30. After trying the forumserver the trace got aborted on step 15 with the message : target network not reachable.

Here are the logs :

Forum trace : http://pastebin.com/m520d3678
    Patch trace : http://pastebin.com/m495d30f6

Im from germany if this helps anything at all. Maybe those logs help the devs a bit :confused:

The only thing that comes to my mind would be to let the updater resume unfinished files instead of reload the whole file again.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yes, exiting the game, then resuming the patch seems to work.

Sometimes you have to do it multiple times.
  • Paige - Lost City
    Paige - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yes, exiting the game, then resuming the patch seems to work.

Sometimes you have to do it multiple times.

not for me >x(
    been at this for some time now
    glad to be back =D
    b:thanks
  • xyel
    xyel Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    2008/9/16 01:05:33=====================================================================
    2008/9/16 01:05:33开始
    2008/9/16 01:05:39Connecting to server
This discussion has been closed.