Update server problems

Comments

• sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    dothacker wrote: »
    Huh. Apparently the website we're on right now isn't even working... o_O;;; Twiiiiiiilight Zoooooooneee!
    OMG, that's so cute! I love the way you used the wide eyed face with ; as the sweat drops. You don't mind if I use it myself someday? I'm going to download a new client, hopefully that will work but I doubt it will.
  • dothacker
    dothacker Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    OMG, that's so cute! I love the way you used the wide eyed face with ; as the sweat drops. You don't mind if I use it myself someday? I'm going to download a new client, hopefully that will work but I doubt it will.

Sure thing, use it as you wish. I haven't copywrited it. Yet. lol Good luck... but I absolutely don't want to redownload the client because it took me a whopping 6-8 hours to get it the first time, after multiple download failures. It was a nightmare... so, unless the admins are sure that'll fix everything, I don't think I'll opt for another download. ^^;
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I've downloaded from several different locations and still exact same problem..
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    6-8 hour? That's nothing, I download my first client off bit torrent and it took me two days......I'm downloading off file planet. 2% so far and 32 hour 13min 24 sec to go...o_O;;; Thanks for the info rzx, I guess downloading a new one will just be a waste of time then.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    6-8 hour? That's nothing, I download my first client off bit torrent and it took me two days......I'm downloading off file planet. 2% so far and 32 hour 13min 24 sec to go...o_O;;; Thanks for the info rzx, I guess downloading a new one will just be a waste of time then.

Hehe... well, I have a brand new Alienware, so 6-8 hours is extremely slow for me... That, and I've heard from many people that they were able to download it in less than an hour. What I'd give to know how they did that!
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Hey, there's an Admin who's still awake! darthpanda16 just posted in http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=322991#post322991.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    For what it's worth - here's some info from my logs.

2008/8/20 00:53:00=====================================================================
    2008/8/20 00:53:00开始
    2008/8/20 00:53:01Downloading listed files
  • rzx
    edited August 2008

• dothacker
    edited August 2008
    rzx wrote: »

I've got a bunch of log stuff too... if any admin needs it, please feel free to ask...:confused:
  • rzx
    edited August 2008

[code]2008/8/20 00:53:01Downloading listed files
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Ok, I don't know. This forum won't let me post it - even with code tags. In the preview post it looks fine.

Feel free to delete these posts - sorry for the spam.
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    Where do you find the log at?
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\config\element
    C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\config\patcher
    C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\config\launcher
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    There are several, I think... One is "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher\Logs\AF". Another is "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\config\patcher\update", which at the moment is claiming that the update server is under maintenence!
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Wait, isn't that a good thing?
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Wait, isn't that a good thing?

It's not really down for maintenance. It always says that if you use the patcher located at

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\launcher
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    It's not really down for maintenance. It always says that if you use the patcher located at

C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\launcher

But that's not the one I used! The one I posted, that is saying that now, worked just fine a while ago and was logging my failed attempts to update. Just now it started saying that the server was under maintenance.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    But that's not the one I used! The one I posted, that is saying that now, worked just fine a while ago and was logging my failed attempts to update. Just now it started saying that the server was under maintenance.

There's not even a patcher located in the directory you posted. I'ts just logs and config files.
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    rzx, your one amazing guy. Sounds like you took apart the whole client and know it part by part.
    Here's my log if it's worth anything.
    2008/8/19 22:18:05Download file=./configs/skillstr.txt
    2008/8/19 22:21:20Verify files fails
    2008/8/19 22:21:24Update interrupted
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    There's not even a patcher located in the directory you posted. I'ts just logs and config files.

It's not a patcher. We were talking about logs, right? I posted a log that was claiming that the patcher server was updating.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    rzx, your one amazing guy. Sounds like you took apart the whole client and know it part by part.

It's not rocket science to open a directory and look at it's contents.

Anyway, I give up on this.. this is just ridiculous and I'm getting frustrated.

GL getting into this game folks.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    It's not rocket science to open a directory and look at it's contents.

Anyway, I give up on this.. this is just ridiculous and I'm getting frustrated.

GL getting into this game folks.

You too... see you in game soon, hopefully.
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    I'm going to get some sleep now. Staying up too late make my eyes puffy. Don't think I have the right makeup to cover it with me. Good night everyone ^_^
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    I'm going to get some sleep now. Staying up too late make my eyes puffy. Don't think I have the right makeup to cover it with me. Good night everyone ^_^

Good night!
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hey, there's an Admin who's still awake! darthpanda16 just posted in http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=322991#post322991.

Yeah, I'm trying to make sure everything is as ok as it can be on the forums before sleep, from home.

:cool:

I usually will just troll the Tech Support Forum ;)
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • jase
    jase Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i got it to work! redownloaded the client at 7 pm today (081908, PST) reinstalled.. patched..

got stuck on the elements of course.. oh, and i unchecked everything for the update manager thing.

i noticed though, that the elements bar would go all the way and restart itself sometimes.. then the error would pop up.. so i followed one of the guys advice about closing the updater and trying it again

this time it worked, went to tasks.. got stuck, i let it auto restart and it went all the way through and finally finished..

the catch?

hAHAH, i don't have a closed beta key... sad.. i want to test it out so bad, guess i'll have to wait till OB...
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There may be some more beta keys out there. I'll try to find out and verify tomorrow.

Send me a PM if something hasn't been posted, ok?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    jase try the filefront link in the beta key post (general forum).
    HF while we cry. Q_Q

One of the other sites sez it has like 20k keys or something. But you must register.

edit// Also sig below no relation to Darthpanda above.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jase
    jase Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yeah.. i'm quite the dumby.. after figuring i couldn't login cause i didn't have the key, i went back to the main page and saw the picture link with the "GET YOUR KEY HERE"

so i did sign up at the mmoabc whatever place.. and after figuring out what "this page" meant, i got it! hAhAHAHA, dang i'm an idiot...

yay! i'm going to try and play and create a character before going to sleep,

i hope you guys have good luck in getting the patcher to work, it was definitely frustrating.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    OK, I got past the patching problem. I installed, patched, logged in and played the game no problems at all on my other PC. I moved the install over to my problem PC, got thru the patch process fine - because all files were already updated. I believe it is a problem on our end. I think something is blocking our connection to the servers. My reasoning for this is when I logged into the game on the alternate PC, it showed me the server notice, server ping etc. However on my problem PC the notice was blank and showed no ping for any servers and told me I was unable to connect to the server - yes I reset my password.

The other system has WInXP 32 SP3 and was running windows firewall with no exception for PW, and still worked fine. Both PC are connected to the same DSL modem, however both have different NICs. The PC it worked on has a Nvidia nForce NIC, the problem PC has a Realtek RTL8168/8111.

I don't know what would be causing this. I really don't have a clue but I'm posting this hoping someone who knows a bit more about this than I do, has some helpful information.
This discussion has been closed.