Refugees of Rohan and Atlantica Online

Comments

• kuronue
    kuronue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'll try to make myself out to be a dependable person. I'll storm my way through the levels, get awesome equipment and destroy people who grief upon lower levels.
  • deadlypeanut
    deadlypeanut Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I just get horror thought from the first MUD i played PKing was open no lvl areas and the Death penalty was seriously like a months worth of playing at high lvls thats why i quit you would just play then 5 med lvl people would all zap you and insta kill you and bam there goes 1 month of playing. anyone know they death penalty for this game i personaly like none some people like death penalties
  • starelf
    starelf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ok. Well to clarify on the PK thing. There is a punishment of sorts. If your name goes red (killer) then others can kill you freely and red players can drop any worn gear. So the only real annoying ones are the extreme high lvl players who take off everything and pk newbs while naked so they cannot lose anything. But often other high lvls show up and are all over em cuz it's an easy kill and I think they get rank for it.

Levelling is decent, it gets a lil bit grindy higher on around like 50+ (not as bad as Rohan tho) and at lvl 30 there is an NPC who gives out a quest every 12 hours that gives a huge boost of xp just for turning in some of the refine stones that you can buy right there in dragon city. Dragon City is the capital, basically everything centers around it but you don't get there til yer around lvl 30 or at least the 20s.

Lesse...each race (elf/beast/human) has it's own capital city that you start out nearby. Skills are purchased using skill points (gained from fighting) and money and no limit, you can learn everything if you grind the skill points and cash to do so.

There is sorta crafting in that you can gather mats from killing and environmentals (plants and ore stuff) and make armor/weapons from them. gear can be enchanted by adding stones if it's slotted for them. They can also be forged but like most MMO has a chance to break higher up around 5+ or so I think.

Not sure what else to add...will answer questions tho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    DP is only small xp loss and cash loss if I recall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaiya
    kaiya Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hey there guys, this is Kiyari from the Atlantica forums, unfortunately my username was taken so I had to change it. :(

Anywho, glad this thread was created as I too am not only from CB1 Atlantica but also Rohan (agh yet another dissapointment). I think it would be a great idea for us to create our own guild as we all really had the 'community' feel to it that seems to be quite void on gaming forums in general, so it is nice to see a change to this regular occurance, even if it had come to be due to our dissapointment towards a game that has so much potential.

Anywho, I played PW MY/E for a while, the only thing I didn't really like about that game was that there were only a very few guilds who had complete control of all towns and it just felt to many a longshot to even be able to attain one area. For this reason I am really looking forward to starting this version as we all have to start from scratch which will provide equal opportunity for everyone.

Let's hope, as Star mentioned on ATO forums, that the popular Asian style development won't crossover too much into the international version that seems to happen in many other F2P games.

Oh, just to add, I am also awaiting Aion and Warhammer so I hope to be able to check those out with any of you who may also have interest in these games. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadlypeanut
    edited August 2008
    ok thats not bad if its pretty small
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    yah, death loss is not bad at all really, least wasn't in the other version. Welcome Kiyari glad to have you here too. I may create a guild and any of you from the old games will be welcome. I created one in MY version just for me and a friend, it's not too expensive and makes keeping in touch much easier and has the various other benefits. I tend to just like fairly casual guilds myself of course, but depending on how things go we could get strong fast and take a region, you get huge bucks for owning them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaiya
    edited August 2008
    Woot!!! I just realised I might have more than a 0.000000000000000001% chance at actually catching a Dodo and the flying pig thingy! :D:p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Hehe...yah, those were uber hard in MY version. We did get a frog once, that's about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Atlantic is the most boringest game ever. Rohan is probably the biggest fail MMORPG of 2008. I got to level 62 STR Predator @ Akhma and I just completely stopped when I came across PW I. Well, I was planning to quit anyway cause of inflation of hackers + botters.
    RoC.
  • kaiya
    edited August 2008
    starelf wrote: »
    yah, death loss is not bad at all really, least wasn't in the other version. Welcome Kiyari glad to have you here too. I may create a guild and any of you from the old games will be welcome. I created one in MY version just for me and a friend, it's not too expensive and makes keeping in touch much easier and has the various other benefits. I tend to just like fairly casual guilds myself of course, but depending on how things go we could get strong fast and take a region, you get huge bucks for owning them.

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be able to hang with you all instead of us going our separate ways which happens so often. ^^

I too am more inclined to go the casual route, I like to check out all different aspects of a game even if I have already played the MY version. Over time though should I really be enjoying the game and after having the general mechanics of it down, I then like to check out end game content (when reached an appropriate levels, although I won't say no to a guild suicide mission just for shi*s and giggles hehe) and eventually pvp (please be warned in advance that I pretty much suck at PVP in general and may become a future embarrassment to the guild for this reason :o). So taking over a region isn't a top priority though I may wish to do so if we are all enjoying ourselves and the guild as a whole would like to give it a go. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadlypeanut
    edited August 2008
    I liked atlantica diffrent combat was fun , i generaly steer clear of these WoW combat style cookie cutter games the single person combat hopefuly theres somthing a little diffrent that makes this combat stand out
  • kuronue
    edited August 2008
    I generally like trying to complete everything in a game. I always go for all the hidden weapons and such in other RPGs like FF and the like. Depending on the game i'm usually quite good at PvPing.
  • deadlypeanut
    edited August 2008
    I like the idea of guild owned towns/regions its neat to have somthing to call you own :)
  • kaiya
    edited August 2008
    kuronue wrote: »
    I generally like trying to complete everything in a game. I always go for all the hidden weapons and such in other RPGs like FF and the like. Depending on the game i'm usually quite good at PvPing.

Ah, looks like I found my future PW pvp coach! hehe

I actually would like to become confident in pvp, I find that participating in pvp in games in general really helps one also in pve as you learn how to think fast on your feet and have a quicker reaction times to other aspects of a battle and/or boss encounters etc.. Oh and of course the most important being the fun factor in battling it out with another. I tend to not be able to find the real fun with this very often due to not being very good at it heh, but I'd definately like to give it a whirl this time round and hopefully learn some good tips!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Yah, all good stuff... I will likely make a casual play guild, I should get to the lvl to make one fairly easy. Any of you who want to join are welcome and if you want to go hardcore later and feel we are not up to that for your needs I won't feel offended if you try something different. I will see about making one of my free pages into a guild one, easier to talk there...not liking these forums so much so far...Atlantica at least had good in that way...any prefs on name...I usually make mine something star related. Lemme login quick and see what I used in MY version too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kuronue
    edited August 2008
    Only thing you need to know in PvP is...you don't need to be able to kill everyone, just don't be at the point where everyone kills you. There's always a group of players that seem to have an upper hand on me. Proud to say i'm not the best. But i'm better than most.
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    In most PvP... biggest tip, kill any healers and support first, then the rest fall easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaiya
    edited August 2008
    I was going to create a forum for us but then found a link to this thread and so I wasn't sure anyone else would really make use of it if everyone was chatting on here. Having said that though, I'd definately pop over and make use of it if you are going to create it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kuronue
    edited August 2008
    Also helps to group on one person rather than trying to take on one on your own.
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    looks like they have 4 servers planned for here...MY version had only 2 of em
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    kaiya wrote: »
    I was going to create a forum for us but then found a link to this thread and so I wasn't sure anyone else would really make use of it if everyone was chatting on here. Having said that though, I'd definately pop over and make use of it if you are going to create it.

If you have a good one, easy to read and reply on then lets go for it, can just post a link to it here. The ones I have or had, not sure if they are still up anymore are advertised unless I pay for them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaiya
    edited August 2008
    In group/guild or just larger pvp in general I have no problem and am pretty decent at it. The method of killing healers first etc.. is exactly what I do and I remember was pretty much the rule of thumb when I first played Guild Wars upon it's release. My real problem is when duelling 1 on1 and even moreso when being pk'd. My reaction times are slower then those of my opponent and I end up like a person who has all thumbs for fingers at that point, embarrassing as it may be hehe. :o

Well I haven't a forum as yet, I was just going to make one of those 'free forums for dumbies' site where it's pretty much already set up and you don't need to worry/pay for any bandwith or whatever..something like myforum.com or some ****. I was thinking of making one via phbb but due to having a cold and feeling a bit cranky my patience probably won't hold out long enough for me to create one with that heh. Though I'd be happy to create a free premade if you don't wish to go back to one of your older one's or something, just let me know. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Heh, well...PK usually goes one of two ways in PW....either is someone way beyond you who one shots and just keeps moving (or those who wait outside zones to PK people coming out. Or they are people even or near you and then it depends on tactics. There are duels I think also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaiya
    edited August 2008
    Ah okies well that's okay as it seems most people will be in the same boat then so to speak. One thing I cannot stand are huge zerg made guilds, argh those really **** me off, ie..Rohan is a good example of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Ok, well we can try this site, I mostly use it just for personal stuff and the host tends to have most the names used up cuz they host almost all online games and link in data... You will have to request for membership after you have created a login, unless you already have one with them.

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=43308&TabID=381949
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • resin
    resin Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hello all. I played Rohan and Atlantica. Rohan failed. Atlantica is a nice change of pace but I am not convinced it will be a good game. Currently, Atlantica is in the 3rd hour of a 1 hour maintenance. Feels like YNK or MGames style maintenance.

Im going to be playing a healer as I did in MY version. Squishy....check. Ranged DPS (kinda).... check. First target in PVP... check. Ppl always asking for heals but never a thank you.... check. My kind of class.
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    they went back into maintenance? I wonder if they are changing their minds now with all the mass leaving
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deuro21
    deuro21 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I dubt that They will keep the stanima the evil ****
  • kuronue
    edited August 2008
    Doubtful. They just extended maintenance is all. Chances are their precious Stamina system update had some "bug" in it and they'll eventually refrain from ever implementing the new updates for it.