Refugees of Rohan and Atlantica Online

Comments

• starelf
    starelf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hehe, yah, know whacha mean...I did finally get unbanned at Rohan and went there today just to see what's being said. Seems that they finally managed to reduce botts a bit but as the bott numbers decrease the server populations are all just dropping off to almost nothing because that is basically all who were left playing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rufus
    rufus Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yeah rohan is ****.
  • kuronue
    kuronue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    >.> Doubt even Gold Sellers are willing to touch that game due to the lack of players.
  • kaiya
    kaiya Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Okies just logged on and wrote my first post on our future guild forums, woot! :D

Oh and I would be very greatful if you were able to just edit the name in my sig from Kaiya to Kiyari, I'd appreciate it, thankyou. Are you going to just copy and paste the sig or do I need to save it via imageshack as an example and provide you with a url?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    I grabbed the image already and will take a look now. You don't happen to know what font was used by chance?
    Anyhow, if you setup a quick free AIM account we can chat easier about it there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaiya
    edited August 2008
    Sorry Star I don't know the name of the font as someone made it for me as they were accepting requests to make sigs for people. It doesn't have to be the exact same font, if you have something similar in style, that would be fine too. Oh and I'll go and download AIM now, won't be too long.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    No worries, I think I can pixel edit it easy enough to look right.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaiya
    edited August 2008
    Thanks Star, I'm greatful for that. Oh and incase anyone has Aim too, I just downloaded it and added Star to my buddies list so far. My username is Kiyari01, unfortunately Kaiya was taken and so was Kiyari so just added the number etc..Any of my future guildies to be are more then welcome to add me to their buddy list if you'd like. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Mine again also if anyone missed it is StellarStarElven (all the short names get used up so fast)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadlypeanut
    deadlypeanut Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    So it looks like we are going PvE i dont care which server either time zone works for me. I like the PvE server more PKing can get really out of hand from my experiances. and i think im going venomancer even though u cant make a male one :( i guess ill be a cross dresser
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    You joining our guild deadly peanut? If so I have a site up now for us, still needs some tweaking as I used it for something else before, but it's ready and forums are all set. Also we will be using AIM messenger outside game to chat
    here is the guild site link if your joining us when game opens that will make 4 so far =)
    http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=43308&ForumID=207470&TabID=397840&TopicID=7335513
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadlypeanut
    deadlypeanut Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    of corse ill join your guild its CB no need to get over competitive if i really like the game i might go for somthing bigger and do alot of region battles but for now i just want to have some fun and learn the game
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    that's perfectly fine, we won't hold those back who wanna go for other things, will be good to have familiar faces tho on first open day and can stay friends either way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matteus
    matteus Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well, after finally wading through the entire thread...

Howdy. Nice to be here, etc etc. I'm Valience from Atlantica, though on the forums I went by Matteus.

Hopefully this will be a fun game, as I'm looking for something to stick with for a good time. Last game I played for a long time was Ragnarok Online.... so I guess I'm looking for something to replace it. Darn WoE was fun....

Anyways, my aim is refiningflame85. If anyone wants to hit me up feel free- though I'll warn ya that I play a lot of full screen stuff and might not respond right away. Nothing personal though :3

Also, I was wondering... in some other games Critical Hits are, more or less, completely awesome and amazing. How do they work here? And which class would be best suited for a critical build (if that's even possible/heard of)?
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Welcome aboard. Some of us have formed a guild for the opening of PW-I if your interested, gonna keep it fairly small and easy-going but if that's your thing then your welcome to come along. I modified one of my old free forum sites for it for now.
    http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=43308&TabID=397840
    I will add your AIM to the list if you decide to hook up with us refugees.
    two of us in the guild played the Malaysian version of PW and thus know our way around. Also I posted alot of screenies from the MY version to give some feel/info on what things will likely look like and be in the US version.
    As for critical, I personally don't know of one better crit class than any other. I occasionally get them and they are nice, but I don't depend on getting them really. Magic attacks do best on normal mobs vs phys for what that's worth, at least in the MY version anyhow. My fox typically takes most anything standard down in 3 hits or less. Bosses are a whole other story obviously and elites are tougher of course.
    If you have other or any questions feel free to ask =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Wow, they really keep adding fuel to the fire over in Atlantica it seems. Here is the latest "event" update. The quick-draw scroll pvp just keeps getting better (sarcasm) it seems...

Greetings Atlantica Players,

Starting on August 15th, we will award 15 Scroll Boxes to everyone who is logged in at 2am, 6am, 10am, 2pm, 6pm, and 10pm PDT!

So, see you in the game, and enjoy your scrolls!

There was also a very lengthy announcement regarding how Stamina was not added to get them easy money and that it's sole purpose was to promote more socialization and pvp enjoyment...what a load of bull.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lockhart
    lockhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hehe, Ive played both Rohan and Atlantica. Quit Rohan due to the massive bot and hacker problem that surfaced sometime ago. Atlantica I left in the beginning of CB2, partly due to Stamina, partly due to the fact Im not as much into turn-based as I was back in the days of old Final Fantasies.

As for Atlantica, its nice they responded to the stamina and scroll issue, but their reasoning is bit weak :)

In Atlantica I had a shaman called Bellamy, and in Rohan a Dark Elf called Valtiel incase someone is curious ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mihimaru ~ 4x Venomancer ~ Starlight ~ Heaven's Tear
    CB tester :D
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    welcome to ye then, ye fit well with us who fled those two failed/failing games. My hopes are that PW here will be the third time is a charm bit... here is crossing fingers for when it opens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lockhart
    edited August 2008
    starelf wrote: »
    welcome to ye then, ye fit well with us who fled those two failed/failing games. My hopes are that PW here will be the third time is a charm bit... here is crossing fingers for when it opens.

Hope so too. PW is a good game, MY failed due to bad and corrupted management. Since this one is ran by PWE, I really hope they understand whats best for the game and community ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    I liked MY alright, my only real complaints with it are the somewhat poor translation of quests and it's a bit lagged for my part of the world. The US version will hopefully solve both of those to my satisfaction. PW-MY is the one and only MMO I have which has survived over the years as all others fell to the recycle bin for one reason or another. So my hopes for this one remain high, provided they don't nerf this one horribly as was done in the last few asian conversion MMOs I have played (Shaiya, Rohan, Atlantica for example), then I am very positive this one will stay with me for a long time to come.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lockhart
    edited August 2008
    Yeah I hope they wont go over the top in here, all the community wants is a good version of PW. No need for weird tricks and so called "additional (messed up" features. And yeah, the lag should be more bearable here aswell, used to hate playing an archer in MY due to the lag.

Aanyway, whats this guild business about? You making a guild for the old refugees or did I understand the whole thing wrong? And if so, what server :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Yep, I had similar issues due to lag with my MY version archer, hoping they will be more functional here. As for the guild, yes I have formed a pending guild (obviously will hafta wait to reach that point in game to create it and will do so in both beta and afterward) named Starlight (same guild name I used in MY version) which will be for the most part a casual, small and friendly group. I don't at present have plans to grow it massively large or focus on TWs and the like, however depending on how things progress that could be something we may consider later on, not in beta obviously but possibly down the road in live. Those who do decide at some point that they seek a more large scale experience will not be hated on (by me at least) for leaving to pursue what interests them at some future point. As of now (lacking any reasonable requests to the contrary) we are planning to play on Heaven's Tear server. If you are interested I have a admittedly limited free website dedicated for guild use and you are welcome to join us there as we wait for PW to open.
    http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=43308&TabID=397840
    Most of us are using AIM to communicate with in real time so if you have or are not opposed to getting it, that is also a bonus, and encouraged. =)
    We have about half and half presently members who have played other versions and those who have not. I have been offering answers and info to those as yet unfamiliar and encourage the experienced members to help out those who have not played PW before in whatever reasonable manner seems appropriate. Likewise I expect that we shall all be helping each other to enjoy the game as a whole.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lockhart
    edited August 2008
    Seems like a nice first-time PW guild. Still not sure what the Heaven's Tear server is, I guess its a PvE one =P Well still few days till the start of PWI, I will let you know if I'll join or not (my first choice was east pvp so) ^_^

And AIM is np for me, never used it but I'm sure it'll be easy enough to configure :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    that's fine, we may still involve in pvp a bit for those who want to, but I prefer the optional and being able to turn it on or off as I wish, thus Heaven's Tear. As for AIM it's free and easy to use, mine is StellarStarElven so if you get it can just add me and talk there if you like.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lockhart
    edited August 2008
    starelf wrote: »
    that's fine, we may still involve in pvp a bit for those who want to, but I prefer the optional and being able to turn it on or off as I wish, thus Heaven's Tear. As for AIM it's free and easy to use, mine is StellarStarElven so if you get it can just add me and talk there if you like.

Ill propably bug you in AIM then ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    sounds good =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    At the moment I am checking out Xfire also to see if it might be a viable option, so if you have that already it would work also, my Xfire is starelf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    well things got quiet here, still watching the clock waiting for opening day...

Just an update, they have announced that there will be another week long down period between CB2 of Atlantica and CB3 start on the 25th (tentative)
    That period would be enough time to remove stamina as it is about as long as the downtime between CB1 and 2, however I won't be getting my hopes up at this point. Even if they removed stamina and made the game as good as it was in CB1 I won't likely go back to it as a main game, perhaps occasionally when my main is down for maintenance or I don't feel like solo if friends are absent, but that's likely about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beans
    beans Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Dr. Bean is now signing in to try this game out, a promise to a friend.

-Yours,
    Dr. Bean
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Men are at war with each other because each man is at war with himself." ~Francis Meehan
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Welcome, loved your one build spoof back in the dying ATO game. We are biding time and waiting for PW to open eagerly =) Glad to have you join us
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]