Refugees of Rohan and Atlantica Online

Options
starelf
starelf Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Off-Topic Discussion
All of you fleeing those failed games here is our new home, hopefully. I am/was Starelf or Starelven on those other dead and dying games. Post who you were if you can so I might recognize you too =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by starelf on

Comments

• kuronue
    kuronue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yo. It's your favorite Stamina flamer, Kuronue. ;)
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Welcome aboard, good to have you here =)
    Will take me a bit to get used to these forums, heh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kuronue
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, hopefully this won't fail as badly as Rohan or Atlantica. >.> And hopefully we get a nice chunk of people to join us.
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Options
    agreed. If this one shows the same signs I saw in the other two then it's back to P2P games for me. I had good experiences with the Malaysian version tho so am hopeful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kuronue
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Is it just me or do a lot of people simply lack critical thinking and foresight abilities? How can -any- company have the agenda to **** off their consumers rather than please them?
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It all depends on if I was right about Rohan and Atlantica just being used as market research, if my theory was correct, as all seems to be proving it was...then they have/had no intentions of it lasting longer than the test period to begin with, the cost to run that test was less than one would have cost in their home area and has the added bonus of not ticking off or alarming any of their dependable customer base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kuronue
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I suppose that is possible. Anyways, what class will you be choosing? Think I might go Barbarian.
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Looks like we may have a bunch more company here soon, the word is spreading fast and many say they will come here too. I will make one of each as long as they allow 6 char slots like in the MY version. I played fox mostly, they are the only class with battle pets and tend to be the most effective over all. I also like to make archer, I have a ranged in every game I play and the 2 elf class get flying from day 1, the rest have to get to lvl 30 to fly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kuronue
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Meh, I can wait to fly. How exactly does the game play out? A solo grinder? Party grinder? Etc.
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, solo is easy with fox, not so much with the archers as you really need a tank to fend off stuff. the two melee do fair, but much better with ranged support. The dungeons need party for sure, they are all elite like in WOW if you played that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I'm form Rohan! Silva Server... JaRule...

I doubt anyone know me here :)
    I was a freaking carebear!
  • gabriel2
    gabriel2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hey all. Hex from Atlantica here. Good to see you all.
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Options
    welcome aboard then =) We are all gathering here from failed games in hope this one will stay afloat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Maybe we all join together, form a guild and take over some regions when those battles open up =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Just making sure it works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadlypeanut
    deadlypeanut Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hi Starelf im Deadly Peanut from atlantica i just got banned from there fourms cause well you know we all hate stamina and there censoring us :P
  • despite
    despite Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    yo, I still got the same name from atlantica and rohan.
  • deadlypeanut
    edited August 2008
    Options
    What class should i got im debating between Wizard and Ranger being able to fly at the start is nice and i love ranged combat exspecialy when it comes to PvP got have somone flinging the arrows/ fire balls the bad guys way. Now if i learned that Wizard had sometype of small heal so i could be a hybrid spellcaster that would seal the deal
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Welcome dp, and yah, kinda figured they might start that stuff, Rohan did too in the end. Welcome aboard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Read back a bit on some of the class info I gave. Basically tho. If you like to solo Fox is your best bet. Melee are fair solo but better in party, and ranged can manage ok but much tougher solo. In groups tho the classes do great together.

Looks like I gotta tweak my signature for here too, heh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadlypeanut
    edited August 2008
    Options
    starelf wrote: »
    Welcome dp, and yah, kinda figured they might start that stuff, Rohan did too in the end. Welcome aboard

Well i also might have made the Subject of a poll F u Ndoors and one of the poll options was they should be sodomized ;)
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ouch, yah that could be a reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadlypeanut
    edited August 2008
    Options
    yea ranged can be tricky solo but games usaly make it so that everyone can solo are they going to have like PK PvP where someone can just come up and attack you so u have to solo PvP ?
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It's all speculation. Really depends on if things here are the same as on the MY version. Over there PK isn't harshly punished much, they get red named for a bit and can be free attacked by anyone, the jerks about it will hang around outside outposts (you are totally safe in cities and outposts), you get a message "leaving safe zone" or something when you pass the borders. Not real sure on how PvP works other than they have huge battles with guilds to control a region.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deadlypeanut
    edited August 2008
    Options
    im a sucker for Hybrid Healers its weird i cant stand being the primary healer beacuse you always have some guy yelling at you cause u made him die but being an off healer when u can just throw a quick heal someones way when they look like they need help. are clerics going to be the only healers ?
  • deuro21
    deuro21 Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Just gonna say hi and then im out of here bye *poof*
  • deadlypeanut
    edited August 2008
    Options
    eww i dont like that when ever theres open PKing it just ends up with a few guys being **** about it killing everything that walks for no reason , i love the idea about controlling regions with huge PvP battles that sounds fun
  • starelf
    edited August 2008
    Options
    bear with me, installing the client and it keeps flashing me to the install screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kuronue
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Generally you also get a nice group of people that mop the floor with those PKers. RF Online generally showed examples of that.
  • despite
    despite Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Im gonna hide in the mountains then jump on and pk anybody who passes.