which char is best for pvp/duel???

Comments

• faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There are so many private servers out there who knows which one you played, and who knows if that one has some godly **** items.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • blaze
    blaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I know o.o since i asked the admin.
    Oh and tres.... that post makes no sense o.O so what if they altered the exp rate? That doesn't mean that they can alter item stats, etc.

As I said before, almost none of the PW pserver admins have any real coding skills, so they can only alter easy stuff like moving cash shop items to NPCs, rates, adding cash shop items from other versions, etc.

Oh and I know that 1k rate servers exist o_o but you should realize that they only altered the rates + cash shop stuff.

Well I'll say it again, since most of you guys don't want to aknowledge people who didn't spend as much time as you lvling a char, but still have endgame expirience (even more than most of you guys lol.... ever been to HH 99/109?) my info is based on the original PW database, just with altered rates.

BTW I could even host my own pserver on my comp just to test builds, etc. (my friend did it) since you can download the PW files anywhere on the internet >_>
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I wasnt referring to altered rates i was referring to a case where they altered how much XP was needed to level. It's really not hard to see what i mean...

Say that for lvl 100-101 on the real server was about 67 million xp

this private server had lvl 100-101 requiring XXX million xp
  • triss
    triss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There's no need to argue what people can do with their private servers. It is true that most of the pservers out there do not know how to tweak the files, but they are not hard to do.

For those ones who think that pservers cannot mod the item stats, level req, etc... then go take a look at a few of my SS at http://destiny.mo-rpg.com/perfect-world-f32/

The only "hard" thing that few (if any) can do is to change quests, add/remove npcs, and anything that involve "new contents". For any existing contents, modifying the attributes are quite easy to do.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    blaze just stop posting, you have NO IDEA how hard it is to get EQ similar to what you got on a private server on a real server.
  • tres
    edited August 2008
    My intent from the beginning was simply to prove why i dont trust info from Private Servers as small things that can make a difference if changed would go unnoticed nothing else.
  • blaze
    edited August 2008
    embl3m wrote: »
    blaze just stop posting, you have NO IDEA how hard it is to get EQ similar to what you got on a private server on a real server.

LOL yea right, cause I've never been to HHs xD

Seriously I told you already that i played on a 5x server where the only altered thing was the exp rate. So just bear with it, some people here have more endgame expirience than you :P

Oh but I forgot that you're an archer the "hardest" class to play D:
    Well maybe you will realize that mages can pretty much **** archers at higher lvls

BTW my point was that I have expirience with light armor mages (not like most of you guys who seem to be so pro that they know everything about all the classes), I don't care whether I need 5 months to reach 90+ or 1 month, fact is I played on a server with the original files sooooo there's no point for any of you to keep talking **** about it. You don't know on which server I played, but I do :x

Let's get back ontopic:
    For duels I'd suggest clerics and WFs (venomancers), if you wanna PK take either archers, mages or clerics :P (archers are the easiest PK class ingame, you don't really have to worry that much about your build and anyone with common sense knows which skills to use against other classes) If you want a small challenge and want to be able to actually kill archers I'd suggest you to make a cleric or mage :x (some people like to PK with WFs too, they hurt pretty much but I'm not really a fan of them D: I like party lvling more than soloing so yea.... that doesn't mean that they suck tho)
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If all that were changed were the drop rates, then I see nothing wrong with Blaze's experience. Good info.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    blaze wrote: »
    LOL yea right, cause I've never been to HHs xD

Seriously I told you already that i played on a 5x server where the only altered thing was the exp rate. So just bear with it, some people here have more endgame expirience than you :P

Oh but I forgot that you're an archer the "hardest" class to play D:
    Well maybe you will realize that mages can pretty much **** archers at higher lvls

BTW my point was that I have expirience with light armor mages (not like most of you guys who seem to be so pro that they know everything about all the classes), I don't care whether I need 5 months to reach 90+ or 1 month, fact is I played on a server with the original files sooooo there's no point for any of you to keep talking **** about it. You don't know on which server I played, but I do :x

LOL BECAUSE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO HH, BECAUSE THATS WHAT I SAID LOLOLOLOLOL XD.

I never said EA was the hardest class to play nor is it the easiest.

Why don't you show me the server you played on? Prove to me the only thing altered was the EXP and I'll start giving you some credibility but before then, forget it. If you needed a private server to level anyways you wont get far here.
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    LOL BECAUSE YOU'VE NEVER BEEN TO HH, BECAUSE THATS WHAT I SAID LOLOLOLOLOL XD.

I never said EA was the hardest class to play nor is it the easiest.

Why don't you show me the server you played on? Prove to me the only thing altered was the EXP and I'll start giving you some credibility but before then, forget it. If you needed a private server to level anyways you wont get far here.

Well, actually, playing a private server with only the exp rates being tweaked is smart. It helps you get a proper opinion on a class in PWI. I'm sure if he was willing to get 5 accounts each to 90(5 months total), he's willing to play one account for such a time on a legit and populated server.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    we'll see

and **** this 10 character stuff
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Don't see why you'd want to expect the worst... I appreciate as much new knowledge as I can get my hands on.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • kairon
    kairon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    Ouch, Embl3m's buttbuddy is offended.

I like how at that time the highest level person in the server was 62.

Try taking a look at the people we have in our roster. Celes, xKwisite, T0yo, Brutius, Demise...

If you don't recognise at least 2-3 of those names, I'd be willing to say you didn't even play MY-EN. At least not Delphi.

Some of MY-EN's most famous players and highest levels are in RQ. Lol.

Regardless of the fact that my archer didn't get past 67 before she was sold, we've got the top players of half of the classes to explain anything we need to know. :3

I like how in another one of your vid's where you were an even lower level, Lelouchi pops up in the screen with 70 hh axes. You sir have been ****.

JUST HAD TO POINT THAT OUT. You fail at lieing, your word means nothing :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    kairon likes men

edit -
    ark wrote: »
    Don't see why you'd want to expect the worst... I appreciate as much new knowledge as I can get my hands on.

I expect the worst because I know he won't get that high or have the gear to back up what he's saying.
  • kairon
    kairon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008

I expect the worst because I know he won't get that high or have the gear to back up what he's saying.

QFT

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    -.- i'm going to make a wizard and pwn everyone by being a bish and making sneaky attacks

^_^
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • tres
    edited August 2008
    i said this before too until blaze can read all of the thousands of lines of script and prove to me nothing else was changed peoples word means squat to me =)
    blaze wrote: »
    I know o.o since i asked the admin.
    Oh and tres.... that post makes no sense o.O so what if they altered the exp rate? That doesn't mean that they can alter item stats, etc.

As I said before, almost none of the PW pserver admins have any real coding skills, so they can only alter easy stuff like moving cash shop items to NPCs, rates, adding cash shop items from other versions, etc.

Oh and I know that 1k rate servers exist o_o but you should realize that they only altered the rates + cash shop stuff.

Well I'll say it again, since most of you guys don't want to aknowledge people who didn't spend as much time as you lvling a char, but still have endgame expirience (even more than most of you guys lol.... ever been to HH 99/109?) my info is based on the original PW database, just with altered rates.

BTW I could even host my own pserver on my comp just to test builds, etc. (my friend did it) since you can download the PW files anywhere on the internet >_>

I just noticed this funny.... it's bolded in the quote... considering the highest level HH you could go in PW-MY-EN was 3-3.... which required level 100 to open.... WHERED YOU FIND HH 109 ROFL... yea your a credible source of information
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    severan wrote: »
    -.- i'm going to make a wizard and pwn everyone by being a bish and making sneaky attacks

^_^

good luck.. lol
  • blaze
    edited August 2008
    tres wrote: »
    i said this before too until blaze can read all of the thousands of lines of script and prove to me nothing else was changed peoples word means squat to me =)

I just noticed this funny.... it's bolded in the quote... considering the highest level HH you could go in PW-MY-EN was 3-3.... which required level 100 to open.... WHERED YOU FIND HH 109 ROFL... yea your a credible source of information

My bad I meant FB 109 @~@ shouldnt post here when I'm about to go to sleep.
    Anyways, I don't have to prove anything to you ._. I'm just giving advice to people who aren't experienced with PW, if you're such a pro and realized how much mages "suck" then GG to you, no one forces you to read my posts (which you obviously didn't or you would have known that the reason why I quit Delphi was the 3k ms latecy ^^)

So why don't you guys go and make a light armor or con mage yourself? ._.
    It looks like the only thing most of you can do is talk **** about other classes even tho you've never played them lol. So what has more credibility, my pserver experience with 6 high lvl mages or your PW MY experience PvPing INT mages (and it sounds as if those players sucked >_>)?
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    kairon likes men

edit -

While that makes no sense whatsoever(doubting the past because the future is different), I forgive you for your moment of stupidity.

YES! Con wizards are better than Int wizards for duelling, and killing people that fight back.
    YES! Light wizards have enough critical bonus to make them better than INT mages.
    .... Int mages, in truth, aren't as good as the other classes for the purposes of TW FB HH and fair PK. At endgame, you gain a 150 INT bonus on a Wizard if you're pure. That's 37.5 extra damage per hit - woopdeedoo! Light > Int due to critical alone. The wonderful extra defense is just a great bonus.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • tres
    edited August 2008
    While that makes no sense whatsoever(doubting the past because the future is different), I forgive you for your moment of stupidity.

YES! Con wizards are better than Int wizards for duelling, and killing people that fight back.
    YES! Light wizards have enough critical bonus to make them better than INT mages.
    .... Int mages, in truth, aren't as good as the other classes for the purposes of TW FB HH and fair PK. At endgame, you gain a 150 INT bonus on a Wizard if you're pure. That's 37.5 extra damage per hit - woopdeedoo! Light > Int due to critical alone. The wonderful extra defense is just a great bonus.

You have no idea what your talking about.. your just drawing on what the stats should be like if you go one way or the other. You havent Experienced it. I was a con mage with 16X ++ Con and a decent Int. I think i know what im talking about thanks. You wonder why the top mages on Oracle even having been light armor switched to Robes? Maybe you'll never figure it out till you've been beaten silly =)
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008

Doubting the past because the future is differnet? I was saying he wouldnt get to the level to back up what hes saying. I'm not exactly sure what you got out of what i said :confused:
  • azure
    azure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    matthew wrote: »
    This is garbage. After level 59 a mage can rock in pvp. You are talking about dps verses bosses? We all know archer does more damage to boss. Archer have higher single target dps. You are talking about duels as well. We are already aware mages are not the best dueler. Mages are a vulnerable class, they need others to protect, while they do the damage. But go to TW and tell me if mages dont rack up on kills. Mages are probably the best killers in TW.

There is pk(gank), there is duel(1vs1), there is pvp(like party vs party), and there is tw(massive war). Mage is strong in pk, strong in pvp, and strong in tw, and they are weak in duels. Mages are designed to be an AOE DD, and noone does this better then mage.

My main is a archer but i have seen a light armor mage in TW and he was beasty , he was lvl 91 so he wasn't a noob
  • muskoka
    muskoka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    do know one thing playing on a Pserver really puts u at risk to keyloggers, backdoors are definetly taking a risk playing there.

MY-EN Oracle
    lvl 92 EP AmLongz
    guild ALLIED

the best pvp chars ive seen are WR/WB if u need examples Billy/BB or King are very good ones.

ive watched all 3 of these guys OWN NeoNeo

as far as mages go Sappy and Water are good but no match for the above 3
  • Tempestpker - Lost City
    Tempestpker - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    You do realize that embl3m has no idea what he's talking about right? Mages in small scale (and large scale) open PVP will kick more **** than archers.

In fights where they're the only target (duels) they're a joke.

the only reason why u saying that cus ur a mage... and prob every 1 is defending there class here but really all classes kik **** if they got a roght built
  • blo0dyyay
    blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    there isnt exactly a strongest or weakest class, its all how you use your class and use the skills
  • Terrorplex - Heavens Tear
    Terrorplex - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Blademaster can kill about any class like barb tho mostly archers,venos or wiz ( if they get stuned at a first hit) and a barb ( which depend on ur evade and accr). BM serve a good rule in TW as support troops to protect the tanks with catapolts ( barbs ). Also in TW if a big group of BMs get into ur HQ its gonna be hell ( since BMs aoe a lots which kill big groups of ppl ).
    b:shockedWARNING YOU MUST READ THIS!b:shocked
    The more you hate me the more I love you, the more you fight me the more frisky i get, you can not destroy someone u dont know cause that will make em nothing but if i know u and you know me then you know wat i know, that i would know and that you should know. So in the end u know nothing of wat u just read cause it doesnt matter right? or does it?
  • streaker
    streaker Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    and then a bunch of BMs with no alter marrow magic buff on rush into HQ and get 1 hit by a couple wizards...
  • Thelron - Lost City
    Thelron - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    If BM is all about stuns, how does a Polearm BM win?
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    At endgame, you gain a 150 INT bonus on a Wizard if you're pure. That's 37.5 extra damage per hit - woopdeedoo! Light > Int due to critical alone. The wonderful extra defense is just a great bonus.

Not sure what you're smoking but here is a lvl 100 ROBE MG.

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2308/zhuangtaieu8.jpg

A light armor with the same amount of money spent on gear would prob have a bit more pdef but the real % of damage reduction would probably only be like 1-2% higher. Same goes with Critical rate, you notice a big difference from let's say 1 to 10/15% but above that do you really see any difference from a 1-2% increase, doubtful.
    ZzXVdr5.png