which char is best for pvp/duel???

Comments

• ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I can't remember whose sig it was, but this quote applies to the situation:
    "Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Character assassination instead of legitimate debate over tactics? **** man D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Actually, I'll argue. Just 'cause I'm bored.
    1. I dont die.That's because you're a carebear(non-PKer)
    2. 5 Second charge ups and 30 second cool downs for worth while moves. Doom skills aren't the only worthwhile moves. The 5 second charge-up is avoided with Wisdom sutra, and the 30 second countdown doesn't matter because you don't need to use all three doom skills before the fight is over.
    3. It will get Canceled multiple times because the charge up is so longYour opponent doesn't suspect it, for one, because you're PKing. Sneaky. Plus, wisdom sutra.
    4. Sutra takes 2 fury, the worth-while skills take 2 fury gg. You will NOT one shot ANYBODY or ANY CLASS with any skill other than the Doom skills.Wisdom sutra>Blizzard>Divine>Arenaceous>Doom. Kills anybody.
    5. Kite me? I play EA.No need to kite. Unless you're using a full-con build, you'll be dead before you can react.
    6. MG cant kite for **** they have a 4.8 movement speed and there movement speed skill takes vigor.Yeah. And the skills that decrease opponent movement speed to less than 3 m/s are pretty good for this.
    7. MG is a worthless class for FB HH or just about anything else besides TW. Dont give me this **** where the MG is just an amazing class because they have high DMG AOEs.Not so. I would say tanking, but the methods used aren't widely known because I'm the only one that has dared to use a WZ as a magical tank.
    8. They wont one hit a WR EA WB EP WF or a MG, unless there is a large level / equipment difference. They can. Usually, they don't though. It's much easier to 2-hit somebody because it saves a fury pot.
    9. The only time ive seen a MG 1 hit anybody was Erika who used fury + doom skills while nobody was looking. If you're grinding, chances are that you don't expect to be the PKer's target.
    10. If you've ever gotten one hit by a MG who was close to your level please uninstall.Well, I haven't, but it's possible that I could. I've been 2-hit by the basic WZ skills. Note: I'm a 87 BM.

Yawn.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • kairon
    kairon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    4. You make it seem as the other person will just be sitting there and doing nothing.
    5. Bad and completely wrong.
    10. You must have been pretty bad if you got 2 hit by the basic skills there man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Well, not really. I could beat other WRs 7 levels above me(Mamaulou). I didn't have a heiro at the time, so that could be it.

Wait... Kairon... you're in guild Black?
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    Anywho. You're not the only one that uses a wizard for tanking. Not sure what kind of secret method you're using, but any wiz with decent hp can tank darkwolven, microhemo, aquascout, fb59 bosses. Not sure about further than that since bosses start dealing a hell of a lot of damage, but if you're a con mage you shouldn't have much problem with full magic bosses like ling (i think? can't remember), asura, whatever.

Umm, random points to make:
    2/4. Will need a fury pot somewhere in that combo to make it work.
    5. Anyone with a hiero will have enough time to react. Otherwise, enjoy.
    6. Water skills is naice.
    9. People eventually do start paying attention. Unless you've got a mob selected, you'll see yourself suddenly get targeted during the chargeup.

My notes: I honestly consider a wiz to be a bad pk class mainly because the lag in MY makes it impossible to kite. I have found that getting to the edge of your range while a warrior is running at you (even without sprint) and then shooting anything longer than about 3-4 seconds will get you lion's roared. On the plus side, the lag made it easy as hell to get away. If they caught up to you and you started running, you'd be out of range before skill delay even let them cast lion's roar. That basically means you can run in circles around anything but a spear warrior and survive, but it also means it's much harder to kite. Let's see if the supposed greatly reduced lag will help out here :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kairon
    edited August 2008
    ark wrote: »
    Well, not really. I could beat other WRs 7 levels above me(Mamaulou). I didn't have a heiro at the time, so that could be it.

Wait... Kairon... you're in guild Black?

WR vs WR is completely skill based.
    And yes I'm in Black
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ark wrote: »
    1. I dont die.That's because you're a carebear(non-PKer)
    2. 5 Second charge ups and 30 second cool downs for worth while moves. Doom skills aren't the only worthwhile moves. The 5 second charge-up is avoided with Wisdom sutra, and the 30 second countdown doesn't matter because you don't need to use all three doom skills before the fight is over.
    3. It will get Canceled multiple times because the charge up is so longYour opponent doesn't suspect it, for one, because you're PKing. Sneaky. Plus, wisdom sutra.
    4. Sutra takes 2 fury, the worth-while skills take 2 fury gg. You will NOT one shot ANYBODY or ANY CLASS with any skill other than the Doom skills.Wisdom sutra>Blizzard>Divine>Arenaceous>Doom. Kills anybody.
    5. Kite me? I play EA.No need to kite. Unless you're using a full-con build, you'll be dead before you can react.
    6. MG cant kite for **** they have a 4.8 movement speed and there movement speed skill takes vigor.Yeah. And the skills that decrease opponent movement speed to less than 3 m/s are pretty good for this.
    7. MG is a worthless class for FB HH or just about anything else besides TW. Dont give me this **** where the MG is just an amazing class because they have high DMG AOEs.Not so. I would say tanking, but the methods used aren't widely known because I'm the only one that has dared to use a WZ as a magical tank.
    8. They wont one hit a WR EA WB EP WF or a MG, unless there is a large level / equipment difference. They can. Usually, they don't though. It's much easier to 2-hit somebody because it saves a fury pot.
    9. The only time ive seen a MG 1 hit anybody was Erika who used fury + doom skills while nobody was looking. If you're grinding, chances are that you don't expect to be the PKer's target.
    10. If you've ever gotten one hit by a MG who was close to your level please uninstall.Well, I haven't, but it's possible that I could. I've been 2-hit by the basic WZ skills. Note: I'm a 87 BM.

LOL

alright here we go

I am not a carebear, I'll see you and the rest of your joke guild on the PK server.

Wisdom Sutra takes up 2 fury so you can no longer use Doom skills, the very skills that make them SO DAMN POWERFUL, please don't make me repeat this again.

You tanked as an MG because you're an idiot

They won't expect the first hit but because of the MG's long charge times, if the MG doesn't one shot the opponent, they're ****ed. And guess what? They will only 2 shot sombody if their first shot is a doom skill and to get 2 shots off quickly they need wisdom sutra and then they can't use doom skills, is this starting to get through to you?

If you got 2 hit by a MG you're obviously horrible and are in no position to give PK advise.

PS. Lyke 1 h0p3 yew c4n fnd sum tiepoes in there.
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    senovit wrote: »

2/4. Will need a fury pot somewhere in that combo to make it work.

Well, not if you're Heaven/Hell. If you aren't, yet, then just put in a few other skills. Though, I don't get why you'd PK before then...

Oh, Black it is. I knew it. Well, it was one of your MGs that killed me. Stupid KOS. Maybe that explains it - you guys have some pretty nicely refined gear, usually.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    embl3m wrote: »
    LOL

alright here we go

I am not a carebear, I'll see you and the rest of your joke guild on the PK server. Fun.

Wisdom Sutra takes up 2 fury so you can no longer use Doom skills, the very skills that make them SO DAMN POWERFUL, please don't make me repeat this again. That's why you use a skill in between those two. A-duurr... :p

You tanked as an MG because you're an idiot I didn't tank anything. I'm a WR. Learn to read lololololololooololloll

They won't expect the first hit but because of the MG's long charge times, if the MG doesn't one shot the opponent, they're ****ed. And guess what? They will only 2 shot sombody if their first shot is a doom skill and to get 2 shots off quickly they need wisdom sutra and then they can't use doom skills, is this starting to get through to you? People don't react quickly. Divine Pyro, Blizzard Blast, then Doom is usually enough.

If you got 2 hit by a MG you're obviously horrible and are in no position to give PK advise. Like you said, you haven't been killed. You are in no position to give PK advice.

PS. Lyke 1 h0p3 yew c4n fnd sum tiepoes in there.

:cool: This is fun.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    stop quoting me and putting it in bold like that i cant double quote on here

Ive died plenty, just not to MGs because they're bad. If anythign the people who die less in PVP should be giving the advice not the ones who can barly stay alive vs broken classes.

"Not so. I would say tanking, but the methods used aren't widely known because I'm the only one that has dared to use a WZ as a magical tank."

soz i read that as you where the MG tanking

EDIT: and who exactly do you know who wont re-act after the first shot?
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    stop quoting me and putting it in bold like that i cant double quote on here

Ive died plenty, just not to MGs because they're bad. If anythign the people who die less in PVP should be giving the advice not the ones who can barly stay alive vs broken classes.

"Not so. I would say tanking, but the methods used aren't widely known because I'm the only one that has dared to use a WZ as a magical tank."

soz i read that as you where the MG tanking

Edit: And who do you know, exactly, who won't react after the first shot?

If the WZ is a "broken class" in your opinion, then I guess that settles it.
    "Broken ____" Gaming definition: "Good to the extent where ___ breaks the game".

And if you don't die to WZs, then I must ask who you are from My-En. I've suffered hundreds of deaths from many(excluding WR) classes and people. I was on KOS, and currently the guilds that have killed me are Black. They're equal to WarLord in terms of strength. I've seen the strategies from the best - I know how well and quickly most classes can kill.

To the final question: Half of ReBorn, most of New Era, all the n00b guilds, some WarLords, some Blacks. The only reaction is running away, but that doesn't count. They're running too slow due to the blizzard skill for it to count :p
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    broken as in under powered, MG has difficulties grinding solo and i honeslty dont see it being any good at PVP but you're entitled to your opinion and i can see i wont be able to change your mind any time soon. :(
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Well, WZ have trouble grinding solo until 39, anyways. The pushback skill is pretty useful - I've seen many a mage grind fast. If I grinded 1v1, they would be faster than me. But, well, most of them zhen so I guess I haven't seen enough to make a solid statement...

Mind if I ask who you were in My-En? Level, guild, name?

- Peace :cool:
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • blaze
    blaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    LOL so embl3m has an EA and still talks about skill? XD GG coming from the easiest PK class ingame

BTW why are you even talking about tactics to kill an archer? Arecenous wave (or however it's spelled) + fury is enough to 1 hit ANY archer >_>
    Oh and it's kinda fun how cocky some players get after playing for a little while.... maybe get to 100+ and try to + your gear, then come back and talk about PvP (you're form oracle, your whole **** server was carebear till you got owned by the high lvl malaysians)

Oh and since I'm normally kinda bashing RQ, I'll have to give them some credit this time :P
    You actually realize how much potential mages have, not like a few arrogant **** who think they're the only ones to have ever reached 90+
  • kairon
    edited August 2008
    blaze wrote: »
    LOL so embl3m has an EA and still talks about skill? XD GG coming from the easiest PK class ingame

BTW why are you even talking about tactics to kill an archer? Arecenous wave (or however it's spelled) + fury is enough to 1 hit ANY archer >_>
    Oh and it's kinda fun how cocky some players get after playing for a little while.... maybe get to 100+ and try to + your gear, then come back and talk about PvP (you're form oracle, your whole **** server was carebear till you got owned by the high lvl malaysians)

Oh and since I'm normally kinda bashing RQ, I'll have to give them some credit this time :P
    You actually realize how much potential mages have, not like a few arrogant **** who think they're the only ones to have ever reached 90+

Could you be any more ****? I'm in a guild with 100+ people who are higher level than me. I'm not arrogant or **** for that matter. I have experience with mages. I fought and won against mages 10+ levels above me. Sit down and be quiet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    blaze wrote: »

By the way you talk and by your logic, i'm assuming you got to 100? If not then please shut the **** up.

And if you did hit lvl 100, i'm truely surprised that anybody could get that high and be that stupid.

All the classes are easy to pk with if you know what you're doing
  • endless
    endless Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lolz i always laugh when i see threads like this... There's a thing called balance that exists at least to some degree.. what offsets balance is player skill, build, and situation. Not too mention that asking who's the best is a matter of personal opinion, not statistical comparison.
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    All the classes are easy to pk with if you know what you're doing

Does that include mages?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lycanthra
    lycanthra Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It's all down to the build really.

Now, why anyone would say that wizardss are the "best" PvP class truely baffles me. Why? Well, yes they have high damage, but if you choose to use robes they you're a one-shot. What use is a dead DD...
    Heavy armour would mean low int, not even worth discussing tbh. Light armour means you can get owned equally by both magic and physical damage. Yes, these are the downsides, but really wizard skills blow.

That's just my opinion, personally I prefer Clerics, they have fast heals, sleep skill and that shield. :p
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    Does that include mages?

yes even mages

the topic was asking what class is the best PVP which the MG is not.. :D
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    Point taken :S.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ok So from experience, and no i'm not talking about noob level experience i'm speaking of higher level experience WHERE **** ACTUALLY MATTERS YO.

PW MY-En

Tres_Iqus
    Mage
    Level 95
    HeaVeN GM

Theres my Main character So you can find out just what EXPERIENCE i am bringing to the knowledge i will attempt to bestow upon EVERYONE arguing in this thread.

Mages, now you have to understand this is without the newer higher level skills added in I haven't been able to obviously see how it affects combat, Tend to ride the shortbus in just about everything.

Duels - a WR 6 levels higher then me ko'd me in 3 of his ranged attacks while i was pelting eveything i had at him WITHOUT CRITS. I barely ticked his hiero = =.

PK - Ugh Hieros own me.... Sure i can kill them in 3 hits without a hiero... but with that hiero guaranteed by the time im ready to deliver the killing blow they've probably already got me. I preferred to hunt in groups where i could run away and hope the person got bored and went after someone else really....

TW - A true place for a MG to shine.... hide and pelt AoE's thats all we do....

As for the comments about 1 hitting 4/6 classes. To that person i say get to a higher level and see how many people will get killed in one hit. It just doesnt happen in PW without a major skill getting a lucky Critical.

The doom skills are the best in a Mages arsenal but their cast time is too long to depend on them in a frenzied fight. Horrible class to solo pk with even if you are ganking people. Sure if you gank lower levels you'll get them. Try it on someone your own size they will turn around and inflict 10x as much pain on you.

Every Single Class has some way to deal out physical DMG... a MG's proverbial weakpoint. Of course going light armor alleviates this some but then your not doing as much damage as a con MG or pure int MG (glass cannon). Physical DMG > MG.

I can't really think at the moment i just got home but if thereare any questions feel free to ask.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    tres wrote: »
    Ok So from experience, and no i'm not talking about noob level experience i'm speaking of higher level experience WHERE **** ACTUALLY MATTERS YO.

PW MY-En

Tres_Iqus
    Mage
    Level 95
    HeaVeN GM

Theres my Main character So you can find out just what EXPERIENCE i am bringing to the knowledge i will attempt to bestow upon EVERYONE arguing in this thread.

Mages, now you have to understand this is without the newer higher level skills added in I haven't been able to obviously see how it affects combat, Tend to ride the shortbus in just about everything.

Duels - a WR 6 levels higher then me ko'd me in 3 of his ranged attacks while i was pelting eveything i had at him WITHOUT CRITS. I barely ticked his hiero = =.

PK - Ugh Hieros own me.... Sure i can kill them in 3 hits without a hiero... but with that hiero guaranteed by the time im ready to deliver the killing blow they've probably already got me. I preferred to hunt in groups where i could run away and hope the person got bored and went after someone else really....

TW - A true place for a MG to shine.... hide and pelt AoE's thats all we do....

As for the comments about 1 hitting 4/6 classes. To that person i say get to a higher level and see how many people will get killed in one hit. It just doesnt happen in PW without a major skill getting a lucky Critical.

The doom skills are the best in a Mages arsenal but their cast time is too long to depend on them in a frenzied fight. Horrible class to solo pk with even if you are ganking people. Sure if you gank lower levels you'll get them. Try it on someone your own size they will turn around and inflict 10x as much pain on you.

Every Single Class has some way to deal out physical DMG... a MG's proverbial weakpoint. Of course going light armor alleviates this some but then your not doing as much damage as a con MG or pure int MG (glass cannon). Physical DMG > MG.

I can't really think at the moment i just got home but if thereare any questions feel free to ask.

Actually a properly built light mage has as much max matk as a robe one, however the robe one has a higher minimum max matk.

If you weren't in robes, you'd be absolutely fine and wouldn't be threeshotted by warriors. Celes, in our guild, was a very famous player on MY-EN Delphi, known as one of the best warrior players. He had a light armor mage in his old guild at the same level as him, and he couldn't scratch him. Instead the mage ****ed him up hard every fight.
    Light armour means you can get owned equally by both magic and physical damage.

Priests use plume quill on mages, not their nukes, and mages don't go after other mages, making magic defense close to irrelevant. And no, you don't get "owned by physical damage." Light armor mages get an absolute rediculous defense, +150% defense from Earth Guard at Evil, and a higher crit rate. Do you have any idea how much physical defense that is?

(A ton.)

And now, magical defense is mostly irrelevant.
    Increase water, fire and earth mdef by 1000% for 4 seconds. 10% chance to dispell negative buffs.

That makes your only threat priests and archers - both classes **** you if you're robes anyway.

People are honestly foolish, you roll mages and endgame you stay in robes and then you say they're bad. That's why people think mages are bad.

I'm done trying to convince people otherwise. If you think mages are bad, awesome. Don't roll one. Less competition for me, more awe and fame for me when I release my videos of an underdog class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • kairon
    edited August 2008
    This Celes person must be an absolute failure if he can't beat a mage. Honestly, I don't see how you classify him as one of the best warriors. By the way you say it, you make it seem as if he has no idea how to pk.

Oh, BTW, I would take the word of a 95 MG over an EA that couldn't make it past 67 kthxbai.

Oh one more thing, I've easily beaten light armor mages too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I dare you to show me a Light armor mage with a mattk close to mine thx. Endgame Mages switch back to robes with physical defense stones. Though i wouldnt expect someone like you to know that either.

Your only arguing out of theory without base and i lol at you very hard.

Im not even gonna bother to explain why but ask any good player a Robe Mage with Phys Def Stones and properly geared in the end > Light Armor Mage.

I'll even give you a small tidbit of my knowledge.

Properly Geared and fully buffed a Robe Mage can hit 10k Phys Defense. A Light Armor mage properly geared and fully buffed will hit 11k Physical Defense. After 9 or so k physical defense the damage reduced is meesely maybe 20-40 less dmg for having that 1k extra physical defense.

I hereby request that you stop talking before i make a total fool out of you.

Thank you.
  • lycanthra
    lycanthra Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    Priests use plume quill on mages, not their nukes, and mages don't go after other mages, making magic defense close to irrelevant. And no, you don't get "owned by physical damage." Light armor mages get an absolute rediculous defense, +150% defense from Earth Guard at Evil, and a higher crit rate. Do you have any idea how much physical defense that is?

(A ton.)

And now, magical defense is mostly irrelevant.

Err, no. Plume quill is used against any robe user. Why would plume be used against a light armour user? It honestly doesn't matter, even if I use nukes, they get rolled.
    "Mages don't go after other mages." Says you... you say it as if it's a fixed rule. What happens if the mage is caught in an AOE? Of course mages dont go after mages, right!
    That +150% defense is if they decide to go Evil, so how does it apply to Holy...?
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    A lvl 97 robe MG on oracle, Sappy, uses pdef stones + stone shield, she told me her pdef was 10k, HP6k, and mdef 12k. She totally **** me in duel cuz i dont do enough damage on her even with the bugged ripping bite, and my magic was doing around 900...

All end game MGs i've seen on oracle uses robes, Erika/Bomby/Water they're all 100+
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Why does anyone even listen to anything mystic says? I think it's pretty well known he didn't play for very long. He also said that caster classes have 3x the normal critical, which was a good lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    faruxue wrote: »
    A lvl 97 robe MG on oracle, Sappy, uses pdef stones + stone shield, she told me her pdef was 10k, HP6k, and mdef 12k. She totally **** me in duel cuz i dont do enough damage on her even with the bugged ripping bite, and my magic was doing around 900...

All end game MGs i've seen on oracle uses robes, Erika/Bomby/Water they're all 100+

You're a fox? =.= Obviously you debuff her first. 10k is probably solid shell / auric shield / earth shield.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]