which char is best for pvp/duel???

Comments

• mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    embl3m wrote: »
    Small scale? 1v1 or 2v2? 1v1 MG will lose to just about any class, PK duel or anything else you can come up with. 2v2 depends what classes are paired, give me some scenarios. All you're doing is saying how they kick SO MUCH **** IN TERRITORY WAR with out any examples besides of their AOE dmg. Btw the MG only has 3 decent AOE's, all of which require 2 points of vigor.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

In my opinion, small scale PVP is party vs party. Large scale is 2-3 parties vs 2-3 parties or more.

The less players in the fight, the quicker mage will be downed. Thusly, if there's less than 4 on 4, mages suck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

In my opinion, small scale PVP is party vs party. Large scale is 2-3 parties vs 2-3 parties or more.

The less players in the fight, the quicker mage will be downed. Thusly, if there's less than 4 on 4, mages suck.

Because of their high damage, they will be targeted first in large pk groups. Any EA, WR or even a WB for that matter who isn't a complete failure can kill a MG in 4 hits or less. And these hits aren't 5 second charge ups. So they're pretty much worthless if they're designed to do damage but die as soon as the fight starts.
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You keep using words like "best" and "worthless" without putting any of it into context. Mages are not worthless in pk, pvp, or tw. A mage can one-shot 4 out of 6 classes with no problem. They are the best in AOE DD. They are good for pk, zhen, and large pvp. Mages have their worth and what they are best at.

I have an 80 mage. Am I playing one again? No. I am aware of their limitations, and I'm not saying they don't have their drawbacks. I don't recommend anyone playing a mage unless they know what they are doing or just love mage classes, but to make a blanket comment that they are worthless is ignorant.
  • blaze
    blaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Whoever said mages suck in PK isa complete ****....
    I had a lvl 89 light Mage and guess what?
    I could tank dual blade WRs+Axe Wrs perfectly fine in a 1vs1, oh and not to forget that you can 2 hit some WRs even if they have a hiero....
    Then there are Con mages too, my clanmate was one and he could pretty much kill WBs (in duels) without them touching him.
    If mages suck so badly, then why do they always get ganged right in the beginning?
    It's cause WBs, Archers and WRs are fkin scared of their nukes.

So yea... play a mage and you will see how much they "suck" in PvP.
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    My plan is to basically tell everyone mages suck so no one uses them against me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xkwisite
    xkwisite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    My plan is to basically tell everyone mages suck so no one uses them against me.

QFT. Since starting playing PW on the CN version i've played an 87 WF,a 76 WB,and a 68 warrior.

And with each of those i got owned multiple times.

Me and mystic have figured out a pretty sweet mage build anyways :).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xkwisite wrote: »
    QFT. Since starting playing PW on the CN version i've played an 87 WF,a 76 WB,and a 68 warrior.

And with each of those i got owned multiple times.

Me and mystic have figured out a pretty sweet mage build anyways :).

*starts pondering what this build could possibly be due to personal curiosity and lust for a powerful character*
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    matthew wrote: »
    You keep using words like "best" and "worthless" without putting any of it into context. Mages are not worthless in pk, pvp, or tw. A mage can one-shot 4 out of 6 classes with no problem. They are the best in AOE DD. They are good for pk, zhen, and large pvp. Mages have their worth and what they are best at.

I have an 80 mage. Am I playing one again? No. I am aware of their limitations, and I'm not saying they don't have their drawbacks. I don't recommend anyone playing a mage unless they know what they are doing or just love mage classes, but to make a blanket comment that they are worthless is ignorant.

Maybe you should learn to read. I said they were worthless because they're designed to be DD's, but with their extremely long charge ups for any skill that does real damage which will get cancelled multiple times and their inability to not die makes them worthless.

It's alright though, we can all listen to this guy and the guild that didn't have any memebers who even got their doom skills, let alone have end game experience.

See you guys in game.
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Maybe you should learn to read. I said they were worthless because they're designed to be DD's, but with their extremely long charge ups for any skill that does real damage which will get cancelled multiple times and their inability to not die makes them worthless.

It's alright though, we can all listen to this guy and the guild that didn't have any memebers who even got their doom skills, let alone have end game experience.

See you guys in game.

They're actually designed to be tankers.
    Source: Mod Leode My-En Admin
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    ark wrote: »
    they're Actually Designed To Be Tankers.
    source: Mod Leode My-en Admin

Lol Well Then, They're Just A Failure In Every Aspect.

edit: forums censor caps =.=
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Lol Well Then, They're Just A Failure In Every Aspect.

edit: forums censor caps =.=

I imagine that'd be quite similar to your life experiences then.
    Edit: They are actually quite good tankers. They're required to tank a few of the 6x bosses, and can tank General Asura(HH) and another HH boss if I'm not wrong.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    get mad bro

u hurt my e-feelings
  • kairon
    kairon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You do realize that embl3m has no idea what he's talking about right? Mages in small scale (and large scale) open PVP will kick more **** than archers.

In fights where they're the only target (duels) they're a joke.

Story time kids. Up in high level land (90+) there was once a large fight in which a mage took part.
    Once the troops engaged the enemy, they soon found themselves under heavy fire, none of which the mage was taking. Why you ask? Because they are virtually worthless. The enemy targeted the Archer's first in order to ensure a victory. So as you can see, people don't even bother killing the mage first. Why you ask? Because its not worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Oh, yes, I think the other boss they can tank was the Seven Emissary/Shine boss. That's it.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • kairon
    edited August 2008
    Edit: They are actually quite good tankers. They're required to tank a few of the 6x bosses, and can tank General Asura(HH) and another HH boss if I'm not wrong.

Mages aren't "required" to tank anything. Aquascout is the only boss that a melee class shouldn't tank, and an EP can handle Aquascout a lot easier than a mage can.

And that part about Asura, WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD DO THAT??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    i Imagine That'd Be Quite Similar To Your Life Experiences Then.
    Edit: They Are Actually Quite Good Tankers. they're Required To Tank A Few Of The 6x Bosses, And Can Tank General Asura(hh) And Another Hh Boss If I'm Not Wrong.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    kairon wrote: »
    Mages aren't "required" to tank anything. Aquascout is the only boss that a melee class shouldn't tank, and an EP can handle Aquascout a lot easier than a mage can.

And that part about Asura, WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD DO THAT??

Yeah, I know Wizards aren't required to tank anything besides DarkRaven, but it's nice to have an alternative. Oh, and Asura? Well, simple. Asura uses fire attacks, so a Wizard with Fire Shield(15k+ fire defense) would take very little damage. Though, the Wizard would have to be a CON build... Tried it once. It was hard, but at least it worked.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, I know Wizards aren't required to tank anything, but it's nice to have an alternative. Oh, and Asura? Well, simple. Asura uses fire attacks, so a Wizard with Fire Shield(15k+ fire defense) would take very little damage. Though, the Wizard would have to be a CON build... Tried it once. It was hard, but at least it worked.

lololololoolololollolol
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Oops, forgot something...

Oh, Emblem? Don't you kindergarteners usually have nap time right about now?
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    Oops, forgot something...

Oh, Emblem? Don't you kindergarteners usually have nap time right about now?

no they start around the same time as your special ed classes
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Oh, okay. Well, g'nite in about 10 minutes, 'cuz I've got some "special ed" upstairs in a lil bit ;). *look of mischief*
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008

See you guys in game.

Extremely long charge up? No longer than any other class. Not to mention they get wisdom sutra. Cancelled multiple times? If noone is hitting them how are they getting canceled? Inability to not die? Everybody dies, and only thing keeping melee from getting completely torn apart by ranged magic is hierogram. Honestly, I think you just don't know how to play a mage.

Here's some facts: magic damage hurts, ranged classes own. I think I agree with blaze, you are scared of mages kiting you around blasting you, lol.

And I still don't see where the ability to one-shot so many classes and sutra to give them 6 seconds of no chanting make them worthless.
  • mystic
    edited August 2008

I love people who don't bother looking at our roster before they comment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kairon
    edited August 2008
    I love people who don't bother looking at our roster before they comment.

I love how in your "best pvp vids" you open your guild window and the highest level was 51.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    matthew wrote: »
    Extremely long charge up? No longer than any other class. Not to mention they get wisdom sutra. Cancelled multiple times? If noone is hitting them how are they getting canceled? Inability to not die? Everybody dies, and only thing keeping melee from getting completely torn apart by ranged magic is hierogram. Honestly, I think you just don't know how to play a mage.

Here's some facts: magic damage hurts, ranged classes own. I think I agree with blaze, you are scared of mages kiting you around blasting you, lol.

And I still don't see where the ability to one-shot so many classes and sutra to give them 6 seconds of no chanting make them worthless.

1. I dont die.
    2. 5 Second charge ups and 30 second cool downs for worth while moves
    3. It will get Canceled multiple times because the charge up is so long
    4. Sutra takes 2 fury, the worth-while skills take 2 fury gg. You will NOT one shot ANYBODY or ANY CLASS with any skill other than the Doom skills.
    5. Kite me? I play EA.
    6. MG cant kite for **** they have a 4.8 movement speed and there movement speed skill takes vigor.
    7. MG is a worthless class for FB HH or just about anything else besides TW. Dont give me this **** where the MG is just an amazing class because they have high DMG AOEs.
    8. They wont one hit a WR EA WB EP WF or a MG, unless there is a large level / equipment difference.
    9. The only time ive seen a MG 1 hit anybody was Erika who used fury + doom skills while nobody was looking.
    10. If you've ever gotten one hit by a MG who was close to your level please uninstall.

bai
  • kairon
    edited August 2008
    1. I dont die.
    2. 5 Second charge ups and 30 second cool downs for worth while moves
    3. It will get Canceled multiple times because the charge up is so long
    4. Sutra takes 2 fury, the worth-while skills take 2 fury gg. You will NOT one shot ANYBODY or ANY CLASS with any skill other than the Doom skills.
    5. Kite me? I play EA.
    6. MG cant kite for **** they have a 4.8 movement speed and there movement speed skill takes vigor.
    7. MG is a worthless class for FB HH or just about anything else besides TW. Dont give me this **** where the MG is just an amazing class because they have high DMG AOEs.
    8. They wont one hit a WR EA WB EP WF or a MG, unless there is a large level / equipment difference.
    9. The only time ive seen a MG 1 hit anybody was Erika who used fury + doom skills while nobody was looking.
    10. If you've ever gotten one hit by a MG who was close to your level please uninstall.

bai

Quoted for Truth
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    kairon wrote: »
    I love how in your "best pvp vids" you open your guild window and the highest level was 51.

Ouch, Embl3m's buttbuddy is offended.

I like how at that time the highest level person in the server was 62.

Try taking a look at the people we have in our roster. Celes, xKwisite, T0yo, Brutius, Demise...

If you don't recognise at least 2-3 of those names, I'd be willing to say you didn't even play MY-EN. At least not Delphi.

Some of MY-EN's most famous players and highest levels are in RQ. Lol.

Regardless of the fact that my archer didn't get past 67 before she was sold, we've got the top players of half of the classes to explain anything we need to know. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• embl3m
    edited August 2008

Try taking a look at the people we have in our roster. Celes, xKwisite, T0yo, Brutius, Demise...

If you don't recognise at least 2-3 of those names, I'd be willing to say you didn't even play MY-EN. At least not Delphi.

Regardless of the fact that my archer didn't get past 67 before she was sold, we've got the top players of half of the classes to explain anything we need to know. :3
    I like how regardless of the levels, your PVP tatics are insanely stupid. You stop to charge up deadlyshot vs an EP when doing just normal shots would have done more damage in the same amount of time. You also run out of mana multiple times and use some magic attacks VS EP's. The only people who fight back are equally as bad. WR's who dont stun and EP's that have no clue what they're doing. You and your AMAZING guild struggle to kill anybody 2v1 and you're the one giving PVP advice? GG
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    I like how regardless of the levels, your PVP tatics are insanely stupid. You stop to charge up deadlyshot vs an EP when doing just normal shots would have done more damage in the same amount of time. You also run out of mana multiple times and use some magic attacks VS EP's. The only people who fight back are equally as bad. WR's who dont stun and EP's that have no clue what they're doing. You and your AMAZING guild struggle to kill anybody 2v1 and you're the one giving PVP advice? GG

You're one to talk. You didn't even spell "tactics" right.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • kairon
    edited August 2008

Pretty sure I did play MY-EN and I'm pretty sure I know more than you, seeing as you only made it to level 67. I haven't heard of anyone you listed. If they were all that, I would probably have heard of them. I did play on Oracle. -- 9x WB

You're one to talk. You didn't even spell "tactics" right.

Is that all you can come up with? It's pretty obvious you know he's right, so you just go and direct all the attention to a typo. GG man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]