edited August 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
hi i wanna make a good pvp char for pvp/duel

can any1 tell me?
Post edited by resheem on

Comments

• ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If it's duels, then you want Cleric. If it's PK, then an Archer or Wizard are the best choices. If you're focusing on Territorial War, then a Wizard, or Barbarian are probably the best.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • alvi
    alvi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    So....Blademasters are the worst when it comes to PvP?
  • esux
    esux Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    All of them are good, depends on the player and the build.
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Blademasters, plain and simple, suck at PvP when compared to other classes. However, they're godly for GvG war, are very wealthy, valuable parties, and level up easily.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    WRs dont suck, you just never met decent wrs with berserk axes that knows how to chain stun till you drop.

WFs are the best at duels, you cant beat a decent WF in a duel because all the skills are desined to 1v1.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    faruxue wrote: »
    WRs dont suck, you just never met decent wrs with berserk axes that knows how to chain stun till you drop.

WFs are the best at duels, you cant beat a decent WF in a duel because all the skills are desined to 1v1.

I was one of those warriors, actually. Level 87 ReBorn WR, accustomed to use of spears and axes, and quite proud of my +6 Bloodmalefic Duo Axe. And yes, they do suck. The chainstun only has a 50% chance of working each round of using it, and if the opponent is smart they'll use ranged combat on you. I've used spears to avoid chainstunner axe WRs before, just using my ranged, speed, teleport, and occasionally, I pull out a blade for a sword doom(which happens to be ranged, and the most powerful WR spell).

And I've seen a skilled WR beat a skilled WF. Moonlight VS. IcyPrince. Archers kill WFs very easy, as well. As can Clerics.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • kristallregen
    kristallregen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Play the class you like most and have fun with it. Actually the Archer is strong, but when we'll get the new classes (have something to do with Undead & Necromancies) and the new additional skills for the current classes they'll maybe suck and any other class will be overpowered and rule the PvP - who knows?
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You've never pked against Billy源, bestBRA, Beelzebub. They're the best at chain stuns.

In a kos against allied i got caught and chain stunned by billy and died in less than 10 seconds, yes i do wear 90green heavy armor, just wasn't buffed at the time and my pharmacy pots were undercooldown.

when i say best, i'm talking about average players against average players, WF has the easy end of duels. But at the end of the day, duels are meaningless, it's about what you can do in wat and outside the safezone.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    faruxue wrote: »
    You've never pked against Billy源, bestBRA, Beelzebub. They're the best at chain stuns.

In a kos against allied i got caught and chain stunned by billy and died in less than 10 seconds, yes i do wear 90green heavy armor, just wasn't buffed at the time and my pharmacy pots were undercooldown.

when i say best, i'm talking about average players against average players, WF has the easy end of duels. But at the end of the day, duels are meaningless, it's about what you can do in wat and outside the safezone.

I had the opportunity to help kill bestBRA in a War, but other than that... no, I have no experience with those guys. Imo, there's too much luck involved in chainstunning. Even with luck, I've escaped more than a few of them. In PK, really, ranged classes kill the fastest, and have the best kill-to-escape ratio. WRs may be good(I haven't been PKed by a WR that's not at least 30 levels above me), but I haven't met one decent enough to actually kill me around my level.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Warriors are essential in TW for their AoE stuns. You need a few warriors to rush in and spam stuns. It's just not an option, it needs to be done or you won't stand a chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • splice
    splice Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lets just say u need the WRs to protect and the nukers to kill. ;p

A WR with a GX is deadly though xD
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    splice wrote: »
    lets just say u need the WRs to protect and the nukers to kill. ;p

A WR with a GX is deadly though xD

WR doesn't protect, and imho they're a wasted slot except in small scale TW.

In large scale TW, what I've seen happen is basically this huge snowball of people rolls around owning everyone who overcommits (see: melee) in about a second, and eventually they push into the opponent's line (see: ranged classes) and they just move up, throw out an AOE and then retreat as fast as possible to try and prevent being counterattacked.

Eventually one side's supply line deteriorates (players are dying faster than they can get back to the battle) and then the larger force steamrolls over the weak side.

In the case the attacker does this, they'll immediately push up to the towers/gate, and then everybody who isn't pulling a catapult jumps on the wall. Then they push through and spawn camp while the catapults destroy everything.
    In the case the defender does it, they basically break off a party and go try to find/kill your catapults (everybody else sticks around the base "in case of flank").
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ark wrote: »
    If it's duels, then you want Cleric. If it's PK, then an Archer or Wizard are the best choices. If you're focusing on Territorial War, then a Wizard, or Barbarian are probably the best.
    Wizard is the worst pvp class

ark wrote: »
    Blademasters, plain and simple, suck at PvP when compared to other classes.

Have you even played perfect world?
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    WR's suck unless you can get close enough to stun them. If you can reach them, WR's are godly.

I rarely lose on my PK WR with speed skill and no flying, still usually win with flying
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    embl3m wrote: »
    Wizard is the worst pvp class

Have you even played Perfect World?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• embl3m
    edited August 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    Have you even played Perfect World?

Up until 90+ MG cant do **** PVP. And even then they're still not one of the best PVP classes. In fact they're not good for much. They're designed to be a DD but on bosses EAs do MUCH more damage over time, MGs buff is completely worthless and with there extremely long casting times with nearly every skill it is almost impossible to get any attack off with out dieing first or it getting canceled. Yes I'm aware of Wisdom Sutra but they will still lose regardless. Ever heard of a stun? Take that amazing 6 seconds of no chanting and turn it in to 2-3 seconds. And if they use Wisdom Sutra + Blasting point guess what? In duels they will get immediatly stunned so they wont be able to get Blasting point off before they die, in PVP with there awesome 4.8 movement speed they wont be able to keep up with EA WR or WB, the very classes they do the most DMG against.
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Up until 90+ MG cant do **** PVP. And even then they're still not one of the best PVP classes. In fact they're not good for much. They're designed to be a DD but on bosses EAs do MUCH more damage over time, MGs buff is completely worthless and with there extremely long casting times with nearly every skill it is almost impossible to get any attack off with out dieing first or it getting canceled. Yes I'm aware of Wisdom Sutra but they will still lose regardless. Ever heard of a stun? Take that amazing 6 seconds of no chanting and turn it in to 2-3 seconds. And if they use Wisdom Sutra + Blasting point guess what? In duels they will get immediatly stunned so they wont be able to get Blasting point off before they die, in PVP with there awesome 4.8 movement speed they wont be able to keep up with EA WR or WB, the very classes they do the most DMG against.

Apparently, you just don't know how to play a mage lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ohoho :D:D this thread is gonna turn into a flame war at this rate
    as for going with the thread, can a "venomancer" pure int build PVP?
    whats a good PVP pet? i heard something of a "legendary phoenix"? idk im just being stupid :D lol
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    koz wrote: »
    Apparently, you just don't know how to play a mage lol

and how would you do it?
    tofu wrote: »
    whats a good PVP pet? i heard something of a "legendary phoenix"? idk im just being stupid :D lol

pure int builds arnt very common for pvp, and i wouldn't recommend it. if your gonna do PVP go light armor early on and at end game go heavy. and im not sure about what pets are good for PK soz
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    tofu wrote: »

Werefoxes are the best 1 vs 1 dueling pvpers. That is why they are known as duel masters. As for pking, they are pretty much dead if they have more than 1 person on them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vyron
    vyron Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    esux wrote: »
    All of them are good, depends on the player and the build.

This is the only correct answer here. :-)
  • perfect10
    perfect10 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    easiest for duels...wf cuz they have 2 skills that can regen their hp, they run the fastest, they have pets which can dish out a constant stream of damage and a wide range of skills (so you never know what to expect)...OR...ep cuz they can heal themselves like crazy

easiest to pk...hands down archers cuz of their range and massive damage, 2nd would go to either mage or wf

easiest for TW...wf cuz they are the only ones that can debuff some1 (thus they are fully buffed and their opponent is not), or archer cuz they can take out robe characters so fast, or WBs cuz they are so hard to kill and dish out some deadly damage to everyone except heavy WF's, other WBs and WRs

reason i said easiest instead of best is cuz a skilled player with a not-so-good pvp character can still take out a not-so-skilled player with an "easy" to pvp with character
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008

This is garbage. After level 59 a mage can rock in pvp. You are talking about dps verses bosses? We all know archer does more damage to boss. Archer have higher single target dps. You are talking about duels as well. We are already aware mages are not the best dueler. Mages are a vulnerable class, they need others to protect, while they do the damage. But go to TW and tell me if mages dont rack up on kills. Mages are probably the best killers in TW.

There is pk(gank), there is duel(1vs1), there is pvp(like party vs party), and there is tw(massive war). Mage is strong in pk, strong in pvp, and strong in tw, and they are weak in duels. Mages are designed to be an AOE DD, and noone does this better then mage.
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    LOL, okay i can see you guys are very determined to prove that MG is the best, i wont try to disprove you further, i hope to see everybody playing MG class while i one shot all of you

EDIT: And when i said EAs do more dmg to bosses I was just informing the community that the MG cant really do anything other then zhen because they're a useless class except in TW.
  • kairon
    kairon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You guys do realize that embl3m knows what he's talking about right? Mages BLOW. They are only useful in TW -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    edited August 2008
    kairon wrote: »
    You guys do realize that embl3m knows what he's talking about right? Mages BLOW. They are only useful in TW -.-

You do realize that embl3m has no idea what he's talking about right? Mages in small scale (and large scale) open PVP will kick more **** than archers.

In fights where they're the only target (duels) they're a joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• embl3m
    edited August 2008
    You do realize that embl3m has no idea what he's talking about right? Mages in small scale (and large scale) open PVP will kick more **** than archers.

Small scale? 1v1 or 2v2? 1v1 MG will lose to just about any class, PK duel or anything else you can come up with. 2v2 depends what classes are paired, give me some scenarios. All you're doing is saying how they kick SO MUCH **** IN TERRITORY WAR with out any examples besides of their AOE dmg. Btw the MG only has 3 decent AOE's, all of which require 2 points of vigor.

ps. nice sig
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008

In fights where they're the only target (duels) they're a joke.

Mages suck their only good for damge and lvl fast other then that let me see a Mg try to pk me:D
  • johnnyboi
    johnnyboi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Lol well idk anything about MG but i saw once a red name MG useing heavey armor lol XD. I wonder how that would work out make ur MG weak.
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    johnnyboi wrote: »
    Lol well idk anything about MG but i saw once a red name MG useing heavey armor lol XD. I wonder how that would work out make ur MG weak.

zzz i guess will see.