which char is best for pvp/duel???

Comments

• puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    faruxue wrote: »
    A lvl 97 robe MG on oracle, Sappy, uses pdef stones + stone shield, she told me her pdef was 10k, HP6k, and mdef 12k. She totally **** me in duel cuz i dont do enough damage on her even with the bugged ripping bite, and my magic was doing around 900...

All end game MGs i've seen on oracle uses robes, Erika/Bomby/Water they're all 100+

You used magic against a mage in robes who was getting three-fourths of their physical defense from buffs. How bad are you?

Mono, Fox, Purge, Fox, Ironrock, Ripping, say GG. On PW-MY it's impossible to **** up except on the 5% chance that Mono fails to proc the stun.

On PW-I, the mage has a 4 second instantcast sleep, so you'll need dodo or the other interrupt on the pet to get that out of the way, but once that's done just rinse and repeat the skill list above. Robes are free kills to Fox unless they nerf Ripping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It's megalith that stuns. And honestly there's no reason to start off with megalith unless they're ulti-ing you, which most mages don't do <_<. Mega is used more as an interrupt than as a real stun, as they'll be out of the stun before you can even cast banish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tres
    tres Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    koz wrote: »
    Why does anyone even listen to anything mystic says? I think it's pretty well known he didn't play for very long. He also said that caster classes have 3x the normal critical, which was a good lol.

QFT

10char
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Tres, good to see you're here. A little later and I would've PMed you asking about if you knew about this server.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ark wrote: »
    Tres, good to see you're here. A little later and I would've PMed you asking about if you knew about this server.

he wasnt getting his activation e-mail :(
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Is Tres going to remake HeaVen?
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    Is Tres going to remake HeaVen?

he said he didnt wanna be Guild Master this time around.
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Huh. Well, best of luck to you guys, then. Hope you can find a guild that you'll enjoy.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    **** you all who gives advice on how to use fox against an imba MG, have you ever used a fox? have you ever dueled an experienced mg?
    dont just list out a list of moves to use then say "GG", cuz if you havent used it to beat a normal player then STFU!

you make it sound so easy doesn't it? stun, debuff, ripping bite "GG"! MG that level 2 hits your pet with basic skills, before you debuff your pet already died. With the MG knockback skill your pet will be lucky to even put bite on the MG before dying.

Why does everyone on the forum, most that played private servers, always makes a list of moves to use to 100% KO another class. It happens here, and in the topics about MG, and topics about EAs. Well lets give you a reality check, your targets aren't trees they're able to shoot back at you with whatever interruption they got. Your 100% KO combo might work in your dreams where they're just dummies sitting there for you to whack, but in reality sticking to those plans will get you ****.

Now before you give me advice on how to use a fox, please go play a fox past lvl 95 on a normal server and defeat an MG with no skill delay with nice items supplied by WL like guilds, post your screen shots, then make up a list of moves to use.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Well, foxes have some pretty sweet advantages... I don't know too much about them, but it's my belief that a proper fox can kill anyone. Moonlight has proven this.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well, foxes have some pretty sweet advantages... I don't know too much about them, but it's my belief that a proper fox can kill anyone. Moonlight has proven this.

This is true. Foxes can pretty much kill every class in a duel. In small party pvp or TWs though as soon as the fox sends out her pet she's pretty much doomed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    edited August 2008
    Yeah. PK is pretty different - you have to focus on attacking two targets. Make sure the WF is slowed so she can't run, and then make the pet dead which could be hard if the fox is healing it...
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • faruxue
    edited August 2008
    I've heard about Moonlight from a lot of people, but playing for so long on Oracle since beta I've never actually seen Moonlight, only once in adc before going afk and once in a TW on my EP alt in black against RB.
    My assumptions is that he rushed to 89 and zhen in heaven/hell before most of the population did, farmed HH all day after lvl 99 using other accounts to open stalls, only appears in TW and wms places.
    Of course to play at moonlight's level a lot of time or money must be invested to farm the gears, then more time spent to fully understand the class mechanics. While i've never seen moonlight in action, from all the praises and speculations, i dont wanna go against him.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
  • blaze
    blaze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    To answer a few questions, yes I've several lvl 100+ charas. I had a lvl 90+ mage on a low rate server and like 5 lvl 100+ mages on high rate servers.... so yea I can actually talk about endgame PvP (btw I know that RQ played on a pserver too.... so you shouldn't take their opinions lightly lol....)
    In my opinion light mages > full Int mages, simply because I#ve never lost to a full int except once (he had a lvl 80 HH sword +5... mine was +0 and it still took him more than 5 mins to beat me)
    BTW how **** can you people get? Light armor mages can wear 3 kinds of armors.... light armor, robes and low lvl heavy armor, so how the hell would you get the idea that light mages have low m def? You can simply switch your armors when you're fighting another mage.

How come all the Oracle players have such a low opinion on mages? Do you not have any skilled players on your server? Is there NO freaking light armor/ con/ heavy armor mage on your server?

Seriously INT mages are 1 hits.... no wonder you talk **** about mages lol and yea, light mages have almost the same damage as INT mages, I don't care whether you belive me or not, but I'll roll a mage this time too :P
  • tres
    edited August 2008
    koz wrote: »
    This is true. Foxes can pretty much kill every class in a duel. In small party pvp or TWs though as soon as the fox sends out her pet she's pretty much doomed.

untrue Moonlight was considered 1/3 of ReBorn's total strength in TW and ReBorn isn't a small guild by any length
    blaze wrote: »
    To answer a few questions, yes I've several lvl 100+ charas. I had a lvl 90+ mage on a low rate server and like 5 lvl 100+ mages on high rate servers.... so yea I can actually talk about endgame PvP (btw I know that RQ played on a pserver too.... so you shouldn't take their opinions lightly lol....)
    In my opinion light mages > full Int mages, simply because I#ve never lost to a full int except once (he had a lvl 80 HH sword +5... mine was +0 and it still took him more than 5 mins to beat me)
    BTW how **** can you people get? Light armor mages can wear 3 kinds of armors.... light armor, robes and low lvl heavy armor, so how the hell would you get the idea that light mages have low m def? You can simply switch your armors when you're fighting another mage.

How come all the Oracle players have such a low opinion on mages? Do you not have any skilled players on your server? Is there NO freaking light armor/ con/ heavy armor mage on your server?

Seriously INT mages are 1 hits.... no wonder you talk **** about mages lol and yea, light mages have almost the same damage as INT mages, I don't care whether you belive me or not, but I'll roll a mage this time too :P

Private Servers dont count more often then not game files such as armors and stats are messed with. Do you have a 90+ char on any official server if so give me the name. Seriously basing stuff off private servers where you have no idea how they altered the game is about as stupid as you can get.
  • faruxue
    edited August 2008
    Everyone keeps on saying "oh my god i can wear robes and light armor too i can switch armors according to class". Well here's the reality check, you chose to go light armor, you lose about 200 stat points to STR/AGI, you do less damage than pure robes, you have lowe base HP than pure robes. Your survivability is enhanced by upgrading your light armors which gives you more HP bonus than robes.
    Switching to robes while you're a light armor user means you just gave up all that HP bonus on your light armor to raise your Mdef, while your Matk and base HP stays low. So it's not farfetched to say that by switching to robes you've just made yourself a pure int caster with nerfed nukes(lmao) because you lost stats by putting them into STR/AGI.
    Your survivability is all about HP, HP, and more HP. Light armor is very feasable to use because it gives 2nd highest HP bonus in the game, upgrading it very high will give you a nice HP pool, you can also have a robe set, but you better upgrade that even higher or you will lose so much HP that you'll be even weaker than a pure INT caster.
    Now i' not saying you cant use 2 sets, if you just have too much money to waste on cubis/zens, by all means go ahead and make 1 set of light armor +8 and another set of robes to +8. Maybe you'll become almighty in duels.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    faruxue wrote: »
    **** you all who gives advice on how to use fox against an imba MG, have you ever used a fox? have you ever dueled an experienced mg?
    dont just list out a list of moves to use then say "GG", cuz if you havent used it to beat a normal player then STFU!

you make it sound so easy doesn't it? stun, debuff, ripping bite "GG"! MG that level 2 hits your pet with basic skills, before you debuff your pet already died. With the MG knockback skill your pet will be lucky to even put bite on the MG before dying.

Why does everyone on the forum, most that played private servers, always makes a list of moves to use to 100% KO another class. It happens here, and in the topics about MG, and topics about EAs. Well lets give you a reality check, your targets aren't trees they're able to shoot back at you with whatever interruption they got. Your 100% KO combo might work in your dreams where they're just dummies sitting there for you to whack, but in reality sticking to those plans will get you ****.

Now before you give me advice on how to use a fox, please go play a fox past lvl 95 on a normal server and defeat an MG with no skill delay with nice items supplied by WL like guilds, post your screen shots, then make up a list of moves to use.

I play an 80 fox. Is that enough, or is 95 really necessary? I know at higher levels people start targeting pets. It's gotten to the point that I even find it necessary to waste ~3 seconds unsummoning and resummoning my pet. If their first shot is to repulse or otherwise inhibit my pet, as long as they don't crit the pet survives. Unsummoning and resummoning makes them switch targets to me, then realize the pet is back and switch targets again. Because of the lag on MY, forcing them to lose those seconds retargeting can justify unsummoning/calling back.

Anyway. I always fox form mages. There's honestly no need to ironrock. Usually a banish -> life depriver -> soul switch -> normal attacks is enough to kill a mage of my level if they're only targeting me. The only thing you can gamble on is whether you think they'll start a fight with their ulti. Fox forming will lose you too many seconds trying to interrupt it, so if you think the mage is going to, start the battle in human mode for a megalith. This does of course put you at a disadvantage if they DON'T start with their ulti. That's why you have to play the guessing game. :D

Oh yeah. And disregard all this because they were all duels, not real pvp. I haven't hiero fought a mage before and have no idea how a mage would fare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008

loooooooooooool private servers
  • blaze
    edited August 2008
    tres wrote: »
    untrue Moonlight was considered 1/3 of ReBorn's total strength in TW and ReBorn isn't a small guild by any length

Private Servers dont count more often then not game files such as armors and stats are messed with. Do you have a 90+ char on any official server if so give me the name. Seriously basing stuff off private servers where you have no idea how they altered the game is about as stupid as you can get.

Ohhh I see, so you've actually talked to the pserver admins and that's what you base your assumption on. I for one know several pserver admins myself and I can assure you they are using the PW MY files (at least the Pservers I've played on). Just admit it, you don't want to aknowledge people who have spent less time on useless grinding but instead tested several builds in high lvl PvP. So by the time you have 1 lvl 90 mage I have around 6, with different builds and fighting all kinds of other players on several servers.
    Again don't give me that official server ****, I stopped playing PW MY at 60 cause of 3k ms lag, if you can play with 3k ms lag and win a PK match then GG to you, but I can't.

BTW to all those people who have sooo much experience with mages and know how much they suck in PvP, have you ever played a mage? Have you ever played a mage that was NOT a INT build? Oh adn since all of you know how bad light armor mages are vs full INTs, have you ever fought a lvl 90+ light armor or did you play one?

So instead of whining about my pserver chars how about you make a light armor or con mage yourself, lvl it to 90+, get good gear, PvP a little and come back here with actual ingame experience instead of basing it on speculations or PvP fights against players who obviously didn't know how to play a mage.

LMAO @ embl3m

Again one of those **** kids. How much high lvl (90+ or even 100+) PvP expirience do you have? :D
    Did you ever reach 100 on your 3k ms laggy official server? Have you ever used the lvl 90+ molder weaps?
    Come on tell me when you reached 90 and how much PvP expirience you have. I reached lvl 90 a loooong time ago and I have several months of lvl 100+ PvP expirience, but I guess you're better than me since you grinded for months just to reach 90 on a **** server so that you can quit now and start anew on a different server :<
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    Ohhh I see, so you've actually talked to the pserver admins and that's what you base your assumption on. I for one know several pserver admins myself and I can assure you they are using the PW MY files (at least the Pservers I've played on). Just admit it, you don't want to aknowledge people who have spent less time on useless grinding but instead tested several builds in high lvl PvP. So by the time you have 1 lvl 90 mage I have around 6, with different builds and fighting all kinds of other players on several servers.
    Again don't give me that official server ****, I stopped playing PW MY at 60 cause of 3k ms lag, if you can play with 3k ms lag and win a PK match then GG to you, but I can't.

BTW to all those people who have sooo much experience with mages and know how much they suck in PvP, have you ever played a mage? Have you ever played a mage that was NOT a INT build? Oh adn since all of you know how bad light armor mages are vs full INTs, have you ever fought a lvl 90+ light armor or did you play one?

So instead of whining about my pserver chars how about you make a light armor or con mage yourself, lvl it to 90+, get good gear, PvP a little and come back here with actual ingame experience instead of basing it on speculations or PvP fights against players who obviously didn't know how to play a mage.
    how about you get experience from real servers :eek:
  • blaze
    edited August 2008
    embl3m wrote: »
    how about you get experience from real servers :eek:

What's a real server in your opinion?
    A laggy server with an old game version, where you have to grind for months just to see that a lot of content isn't implemented yet?

The only difference between the pserver, on which i tested builds, and the PW MY servers is that I didn't spend months to lvl my char, but instead I spent more time PvPing with other classes.
    Kinda weird that a lot of high lvl players from delphi tested new char builds on pservers too, but I guess you're better than them.
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    As long as the private server didn't have 1000x drop rates, and it was just as hard to + or synth soulstones, your opinions from that private server are valid in my book. I honestly hate the people who come along and say "LOL MIN CON MIN STR FULL AGI WEREBEAST DOES AWESOME BECAUSE MY WB IN HIS PRIVATE SERVER WITH +12 EQUIPMENT AND +12 WEAPON CAN OWN ARCHERS"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • triss
    triss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The difference between private servers and official servers is the equipments.

All of what these guys said are all true but based on the equipments available in the servers that they played on.

On official servers where it will cost > $2000 USD to get a +12 armor, you won't see anyone with one; also grade 8+ stones will be seen by very few rich people. On a private servers, you can get +12 gears and grade 8+ stones for free; so it's a huge difference.

Now the facts are:

A light armor MG with all maxed out equipnents (ie: +12, grade 8+ stones) is much stronger than a robe MG. The reason is simple; +12 light armors give way more bonus HP than +12 robes.

If everyone has max-out gears, then the one with higher damage will win. That is why these guys playing on private servers say that MG light armor end game p0wnz. Which is true.

A max-out light-armor MG can win almost any class in 1v1 provided that the damages on weapon has not been tampered with.

Sadly, these guys are dreaming because they won't be able to obtain similar equipments on an official server.
    On official servers, MG robe + pdef stones are quite strong; but they are not the best PK class.

PS: If you wanna see what kind of equipments these guys can get on private servers, have a look at my chars at http://destiny.mo-rpg.com/perfect-world-f32/
  • tres
    edited August 2008
    I've been on the private servers and if you haven't noticed there are differences in how much xp you need to level from one to the next on some of them so how would you know how else they altered the game files?
  • blaze
    edited August 2008
    -_- I'm not talking about 1000x servers, I played on a 5x server.... it still took quite some time to reach 90+ and cubi was not free, you had to donate for them. That said I didn't have "lololol i pwns you with +12 EQ" chars, in fact I didnt even have enough cubi to +1 my lvl HH weap Q_Q (didn't bother to donate again since the server gonna get wiped soon), so yea.... I'm basing my opinion on ingame experience.

BTW I'm not saying that light armor mages = best PK class ever, but in my opinion they are at least as good as INT mages and archers.

@tres:
    Oh i see so you've been to all the 50+ pservers that exist right now o.o
    As is said before I talked to admins and they told me they used the PW MY files (they only altered the the rates and made them 5x) and I'm NOT talking about those 1kx servers with free cubi and +12 EQ
  • tres
    edited August 2008
    Forgot to answer this before a real server in my opinion is one thats running the game with a liscence. You do understand that private servers **** the game files in order to run them right. There are tons of things a private server can have different. In fact they can even change the game with new gears if they wanted to. Thus for me all private server info is useless

I never said i played on all of them I said if somethings changed in one others could have differences too so please before you bring a smart response to something think over what i said. Yes im sure you combed over all of the thousands of lines of script to make sure it was exactly the PW-MY files just with different rates. Until you can prove this theres really no point arguing wih me further. My view that private server info is useless stands
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Actually, on the contrary, at the moment private servers know how to "****" next to nothing, most of them can't even figure out how to bypass doing cultivation quests. Has a single server managed to do that yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • tres
    edited August 2008
    That's funny you really shouldn't talk about something you have no idea about. I myself worked as a GM for a private server RYL-U i know exactly what they can be capable of.
  • blaze
    edited August 2008
    Hey noone is forcing you to believe me o.o
    I'm just saying that my info is based on facts (and I'll gladly repeat it again since you seem to not read my posts, I talked to the admin and he told me that he uses the PW MY files)
    BTW mystic is right, all the pservers out there (except for a certain chinese server) use the PW MY files and can't even alter them (except putting CS stuff into NPCs) so yea... if you've neither played on a PW pserver nor been a GM on one... you shouldn't talk about stuff you don't know anything about :P

(I'm frequently visiting a pserver hosting site and believe me, all of them use the original files and the people hosting pservers often don't even know anything about coding lol)
  • tres
    edited August 2008
    That's cool your choice to go off that info. If i could remember the name i'd point you in the direction of the Private PW server that has the xp needed to level modified that would sufficiently shut you up huh. I referenced that server before but it seems your the one not reading =)