test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NEW SKILS WITH GLITHES MARCH 2019

15791011

Comments

  • bakujiroubakujirou Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 11
    skarthos wrote: »
    @mariateru18

    Psychic (1 new skill, 3 changes)

    Disturb Soul
    Increase targets channeling time and increase in duration
    Yellow: +dmg
    Green: -target's speed?
    Blue: -channeling (self)
    Red: +chi
    White: +dmg of seal detotation?

    Ulti
    Soulforce reduction 40sec --> 20 sec

    Spirit Phalanx
    Can only cast on self?
    Cost 200 --> 100
    Channeling 1s --> 0.5s

    Stone Smasher (NF)
    Channel 4sec --> 2sec

    This is disappointing.
    I'm guessing DS - Argent effect is the same like most other Argent skills in that it deals more damage to Silenced targets.
    The Ultimate's negative effect being reduced is something, I guess, but its still a short burst window on a 5 minute Cooldown, so the change doesnt amount to that much value.
    Spirit Phalanx would be a nerf if you can only cast it on yourself now. Sure, a Chi reduction is cool and all, but its cutting off even more of our already meager support for allies.
    Stone Smasher's buffed and might see a bit more play but even with a faster cast, its still 2 sparks that may be better served on control / survival skills. I would have honestly changed the effect from -30% attack rate to an Attack Level drop or something.

    All in all, it seems to do little for this profession...
    CFvfwVj.png
  • Any nerfs or buffs to barbarian?
  • csquared5csquared5 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 11
    blazerboy wrote: »
    csquared5 wrote: »
    Bms stuns are scary but lot easier to avoid than db. Currently db have more ccs than bms and around similar survival. Which isn't quite in line with what the class aught to be as light armor... remember bms don't have multiple teleports, untargets, stealths, and other nonsense dbs have. Bms should be tankier because they actually are required to tank to survive. Dbs should be less tanky because they have many escape skills. Similar to how something like a cleric would be broken if we had seeker levels of tankiness---we already have many save skills and heals we are supposed to use to save ourselves. Just a simple matter of balance.

    Dbs are still gonna be really relevant but they'll actually have to exercise caution (and possibly go def lvl shard like many other front-line classes, what a shocker) to survive. More passively tanking other melee but needing to close in on ranged classes to avoid getting hurt. And they'll actually have to check their own buff like practically every other class to see if its been purged or not. Deal with it! You still get an absurd amount of chi from that buff so rebuffing it now and then is hardly end of the world lol.

    You do do realize aside from tideswell practically every db on most servers are sage right? This is common knowledge... So the insane chi you speak of from buff applies to a extremely small minority

    *Giggle*. Sage db ARE the ones who get 25 (I think) chi per buff use (can't recall just now), with 25% chance for an extra spark. Which practically speaking works out out to 25+(100*0.25) = 25+25 = 50 chi on average each time they use it. The skill has like a 3s cd, with a lowish channel & cast time. On my SAGE db alt, I regularly can chi up to full by spamming that buff, usually at full chi under 30s. Now compare to archer buff: fairly useless evasion & speed buff, gives like... 10? or 15? chi, has long channel and CRAZY long cast, and no chance at randomly huge chunks of chi. Actually you can compare to any other aoe buff in game---nothing else comes even remotely close.

    Edit: its 20 chi per buff not 25. So average of 45 chi per buff with the 25% chance for an extra spark thrown in.
    Post edited by csquared5 on
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel




  • sothiyasothiya Posts: 7 Arc User
    csquared5 wrote: »
    blazerboy wrote: »
    csquared5 wrote: »
    Bms stuns are scary but lot easier to avoid than db. Currently db have more ccs than bms and around similar survival. Which isn't quite in line with what the class aught to be as light armor... remember bms don't have multiple teleports, untargets, stealths, and other nonsense dbs have. Bms should be tankier because they actually are required to tank to survive. Dbs should be less tanky because they have many escape skills. Similar to how something like a cleric would be broken if we had seeker levels of tankiness---we already have many save skills and heals we are supposed to use to save ourselves. Just a simple matter of balance.

    Dbs are still gonna be really relevant but they'll actually have to exercise caution (and possibly go def lvl shard like many other front-line classes, what a shocker) to survive. More passively tanking other melee but needing to close in on ranged classes to avoid getting hurt. And they'll actually have to check their own buff like practically every other class to see if its been purged or not. Deal with it! You still get an absurd amount of chi from that buff so rebuffing it now and then is hardly end of the world lol.

    You do do realize aside from tideswell practically every db on most servers are sage right? This is common knowledge... So the insane chi you speak of from buff applies to a extremely small minority

    *Giggle*. Sage db ARE the ones who get 25 (I think) chi per buff use (can't recall just now), with 25% chance for an extra spark. Which practically speaking works out out to 25+(100*0.25) = 25+25 = 50 chi on average each time they use it. The skill has like a 3s cd, with a lowish channel & cast time. On my SAGE db alt, I regularly can chi up to full by spamming that buff, usually at full chi under 30s. Now compare to archer buff: fairly useless evasion & speed buff, gives like... 10? or 15? chi, has long channel and CRAZY long cast, and no chance at randomly huge chunks of chi. Actually you can compare to any other aoe buff in game---nothing else comes even remotely close.

    sage has 25% chance to get 1 spark
  • csquared5csquared5 Posts: 148 Arc User
    sothiya wrote: »

    sage has 25% chance to get 1 spark

    25% chance for additional spark. So when you get that, you get 1 spark + 20 chi.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel




  • Any nerfs or buffs to barbarian? Just wondering does barb drop onm powerlvls overall or keeps the same road :)
  • blazerboyblazerboy Posts: 1,627 Arc User


    [/quote]

    *Giggle*. Sage db ARE the ones who get 25 (I think) chi per buff use (can't recall just now), with 25% chance for an extra spark. Which practically speaking works out out to 25+(100*0.25) = 25+25 = 50 chi on average each time they use it. The skill has like a 3s cd, with a lowish channel & cast time. On my SAGE db alt, I regularly can chi up to full by spamming that buff, usually at full chi under 30s. Now compare to archer buff: fairly useless evasion & speed buff, gives like... 10? or 15? chi, has long channel and CRAZY long cast, and no chance at randomly huge chunks of chi. Actually you can compare to any other aoe buff in game---nothing else comes even remotely close.

    Edit: its 20 chi per buff not 25. So average of 45 chi per buff with the 25% chance for an extra spark thrown in.[/quote]

    So where is this viable when sage is literally considered the lackluster of the two? With demon settling ripple, dragon trap being well worth the trade chi sage has? Ijs you’re trying to make a chi point but it’s such a small minority (literally 1 server used sage db of 3) how is this an actual point to stand on? Go ahead take a poll beyond Tideswell you will this. It’s also obvious Tideswell is the minority here because I’ve seen the most sage sb there as well while the majority of pvp sb/db on other servers demon..... 1/4 doesn’t represent a whole here...
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • datsangdatsang Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited March 11
    blazerboy wrote: »


    So where is this viable when sage is literally considered the lackluster of the two? With demon settling ripple, dragon trap being well worth the trade chi sage has? Ijs you’re trying to make a chi point but it’s such a small minority (literally 1 server used sage db of 3) how is this an actual point to stand on? Go ahead take a poll beyond Tideswell you will this. It’s also obvious Tideswell is the minority here because I’ve seen the most sage sb there as well while the majority of pvp sb/db on other servers demon..... 1/4 doesn’t represent a whole here...

    We had sage DBs, they all went demon at some point or another. Thats for Et, I know Da was heavily in favor of demon too. Same for Tw I think? I think Ti had like Reeko or whatever he was called, whom was sage, and was looked up to? So it explains why that server would be going sage on the class.

  • xnightsaberxxnightsaberx Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 11
    ignored this thread, until the hot and spicy topic of attack stone bms came up
  • xnightsaberxxnightsaberx Posts: 49 Arc User
    sothiya wrote: »
    so for the people saying sins got crazy damage, just watch this video NP rb2 + awakened sin with g17 r5 and every max gears. dying to a veno who is just josd and with partial max chart and isnt even 1/10 of the sin's gear




    you are wrong in max gear aspect of "everything" he is missing a attack chart, while it is 20apt, it misses few stats to make it end game, also 1/10 is bad math comparing kitashi's gear vs his nuema portal rb2, being josd and full ws rb2 in terms of stats for AA vs LA is 5/10 the gear already for defense, sins get a terrible nerf on att cards as well, but its silly to wana try and compare nuema portal stats for defense, people that try to throw it out there and say that nuema portal makes you "tanky" is either too **** to pull up a calc and add it up or just jealous they don't have it, the part where kitashi killed FriendZone he cursed jailed her losing two sparks already and in the moment she chi siphon him,SD, and then hit for 31265 damage with the chi hit kill skill, sins have no CC in air for AA people apart from a curse jail or rather you take the risk for tackling slash, charge hits with life hunter to purify proc someone.
  • red#4565 red Posts: 50 Arc User
    I think the red glith of BM is not the only problem.
    Look this 2 videos about 79 Skil actually with a 70 atk level claw.
    Image when the upgrade arrives with Metal Damage and 20% more dmg in this skil. It'll be very nice '-'

    1. https://youtu.be/aRKBkmIh7Ls

    2. https://youtu.be/48dV2JhVGyI
  • Any nerfs or buffs to barbarian? Just wondering does barb drop onm powerlvls overall or keeps the same road :)
  • skarthosskarthos Posts: 48 Arc User
    @indrek4ever#9506

    Barbarian (1 new skill, 3 changes)

    Penetrate Armor
    Have both sage and demon effects? +dmg
    Yellow: Increased dmg
    Green:Increased distance
    Blue: Chi gain
    Red: Increased def reduction
    White: Consumes hp for a lot of dmg

    Cornered Beast (Red Glyph)
    Duration 50/60/70/80sec --> 40/50/60/70sec

    Blood Rush (White Glyph)
    Max stacks 10 --> 6

    Untamed Wrath
    Channeling 1sec --> 0.5sec
    Cast 1.5sec --> 1 sec
  • indrek4ever#9506 indrek4ever Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 12
    skarthos wrote: »
    @indrek4ever#9506

    Barbarian (1 new skill, 3 changes)

    Penetrate Armor
    Have both sage and demon effects? +dmg
    Yellow: Increased dmg
    Green:Increased distance
    Blue: Chi gain
    Red: Increased def reduction
    White: Consumes hp for a lot of dmg

    Cornered Beast (Red Glyph)
    Duration 50/60/70/80sec --> 40/50/60/70sec

    Blood Rush (White Glyph)
    Max stacks 10 --> 6

    Untamed Wrath
    Channeling 1sec --> 0.5sec
    Cast 1.5sec --> 1 sec

    SO barb getting more op :D the nerfs seem kinda minor.
    Post edited by indrek4ever#9506 on
  • dingo488dingo488 Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 12
    red wrote: »
    I think the red glith of BM is not the only problem.
    Look this 2 videos about 79 Skil actually with a 70 atk level claw.
    Image when the upgrade arrives with Metal Damage and 20% more dmg in this skil. It'll be very nice '-'

    1. https://youtu.be/aRKBkmIh7Ls

    2. https://youtu.be/48dV2JhVGyI

    Both G17 Claws and Poleblade are very sleeper OP for BM, the numbers are lowkey pretty nuts, only problem is that its a massive financial investment into something that isnt ''proven''


    IGN: Madskillz
  • blazerboyblazerboy Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    red wrote: »
    I think the red glith of BM is not the only problem.
    Look this 2 videos about 79 Skil actually with a 70 atk level claw.
    Image when the upgrade arrives with Metal Damage and 20% more dmg in this skil. It'll be very nice '-'

    1. https://youtu.be/aRKBkmIh7Ls

    2. https://youtu.be/48dV2JhVGyI

    Both G17 Claws and Poleblade are very sleeper OP for BM, the numbers are lowkey pretty nuts, only problem is that its a massive financial investment into something that isnt ''proven''


    GG to these videos lmfao
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • happyhailhappyhail Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited March 13
    The videos don't really show much since they provide no context. The problem is that we have no idea what the average gear level there is. I don't even know how common defense charms are on those servers. Based on multiple G17 weapons and his HP value, I'd say that this is an extremely-well geared BM. He's basically able to run around doing whatever he wants without ever being punished for using an extremely-greedy playstyle, but that may simply be due to video editing--again, no way to know for certain. It takes his guild quite a while to down the dragons despite having the opposing guild base-locked, which leads me to believe that he's well ahead of the gear curve.

    So, yeah. Could be OP. No way to really tell. Maybe someone knows something about those players / servers that I don't.
  • dingo488dingo488 Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 13
    happyhail wrote: »
    The videos don't really show much since they provide no context. The problem is that we have no idea what the average gear level there is. I don't even know how common defense charms are on those servers. Based on multiple G17 weapons and his HP value, I'd say that this is an extremely-well geared BM. He's basically able to run around doing whatever he wants without ever being punished for using an extremely-greedy playstyle, but that may simply be due to video editing--again, no way to know for certain. It takes his guild quite a while to down the dragons despite having the opposing guild base-locked, which leads me to believe that he's well ahead of the gear curve.

    So, yeah. Could be OP. No way to really tell. Maybe someone knows something about those players / servers that I don't.

    I mean, this combo he's using isn't that available, the combo puts him almost 3 sparks in the hole and self-freezes for 5s unless he uses a 4th spark. And hes forced to use his apo to not get interrupted. Which is quite a massive commitment to a single AoE. However G17 claws are the first tool we were given to APS since nirvana, which is ancient gear by now. Not to mention the main counter to APS (purify proc) is being dropped by most people as they get their G17 weapons.

    The skill he's using has a +260% base physical damage multiplier though, which is pretty fkn nuts. (Considering the lvl 5~7 red glyph that ppl are crying about has +150% base physical damage PER 100 chi (so 300% from full chi). There were just never any useful fists to make it worth using. Judging from the numbers hes getting compared to the numbers I get on equal gear people with HF + Red Glyph from full chi, I'd say his gear isnt that much better than the people hes hitting, cept from the ppl hes pounding for 6 digits. HF + Red Glyph off full chi easily hits for 50k+ on full buffed people.


    IGN: Madskillz
  • nunuatornunuator Posts: 398 Arc User
    Now as far as gear goes on these servers the following is what I have found out... near every person doing YouTube on these servers spams R9 etc in the tags/title of the video.
    This leads into further investigation that the common player is R8 and R9 is much more expensive than it is on our server, not that it’s expensive it’s more or less not worth to get since G17 5th cast weapons are given out like candy over there...
    I can confirm that this player is most likely full lvl 10 glyphs as well as a lvl 8 glyph is the equivalent of 50$ in charge points.
    Defense charms are also non-exsistent hence even the massive maxed out bm doesn’t even have to tick any charm to hit 160k on poor R8 noobs.

    So yes this dudes gear is god tier and this is obviously something not too suprising as the opposing BM also one shots him with an aoe which leads me to believe full lvl 10 glyphs S or potentially S+ card sets and no defense charm GG ez nuke for BM
  • blazerboyblazerboy Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »
    happyhail wrote: »
    The videos don't really show much since they provide no context. The problem is that we have no idea what the average gear level there is. I don't even know how common defense charms are on those servers. Based on multiple G17 weapons and his HP value, I'd say that this is an extremely-well geared BM. He's basically able to run around doing whatever he wants without ever being punished for using an extremely-greedy playstyle, but that may simply be due to video editing--again, no way to know for certain. It takes his guild quite a while to down the dragons despite having the opposing guild base-locked, which leads me to believe that he's well ahead of the gear curve.

    So, yeah. Could be OP. No way to really tell. Maybe someone knows something about those players / servers that I don't.

    I mean, this combo he's using isn't that available, the combo puts him almost 3 sparks in the hole and self-freezes for 5s unless he uses a 4th spark. And hes forced to use his apo to not get interrupted. Which is quite a massive commitment to a single AoE. However G17 claws are the first tool we were given to APS since nirvana, which is ancient gear by now. Not to mention the main counter to APS (purify proc) is being dropped by most people as they get their G17 weapons.

    The skill he's using has a +260% base physical damage multiplier though, which is pretty fkn nuts. (Considering the lvl 5~7 red glyph that ppl are crying about has +150% base physical damage PER 100 chi (so 300% from full chi). There were just never any useful fists to make it worth using. Judging from the numbers hes getting compared to the numbers I get on equal gear people with HF + Red Glyph from full chi, I'd say his gear isnt that much better than the people hes hitting, cept from the ppl hes pounding for 6 digits. HF + Red Glyph off full chi easily hits for 50k+ on full buffed people.

    I think that sacrifice is pretty lackluster with the right support. Still interesting to see how it turns out.
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • csquared5csquared5 Posts: 148 Arc User
    The guy in that video is a good player but he must also have god-tier gear. Notice how barely anybody ever tries to chase him even a little bit. They know he's too well geared to finish off without intense focus I bet.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel




  • shopcheeseshopcheese Posts: 748 Arc User
    His gear is literally in the video description lol
  • red#4565 red Posts: 50 Arc User
    happyhail wrote: »
    The videos don't really show much since they provide no context. The problem is that we have no idea what the average gear level there is. I don't even know how common defense charms are on those servers. Based on multiple G17 weapons and his HP value, I'd say that this is an extremely-well geared BM. He's basically able to run around doing whatever he wants without ever being punished for using an extremely-greedy playstyle, but that may simply be due to video editing--again, no way to know for certain. It takes his guild quite a while to down the dragons despite having the opposing guild base-locked, which leads me to believe that he's well ahead of the gear curve.

    So, yeah. Could be OP. No way to really tell. Maybe someone knows something about those players / servers that I don't.

    This is my BM kkkkk and this is the Gear: https://mypers.pw/14/#870701 (100% copy of my BM, identical)
    Server: Perfect World from Brazil
    The opponents are as strong as my BM. Here in the PWI, you call the gear of "R999".
    The damage deal in players with this gear is very high because of the god of frenzy in my claw, ultimate, critical hit and HF. the reduction of 2 hits is stopped because of my stun, HF and Army Crusher. So, the damage taked is without reductions.

    dingo488 wrote: »
    happyhail wrote: »
    The videos don't really show much since they provide no context. The problem is that we have no idea what the average gear level there is. I don't even know how common defense charms are on those servers. Based on multiple G17 weapons and his HP value, I'd say that this is an extremely-well geared BM. He's basically able to run around doing whatever he wants without ever being punished for using an extremely-greedy playstyle, but that may simply be due to video editing--again, no way to know for certain. It takes his guild quite a while to down the dragons despite having the opposing guild base-locked, which leads me to believe that he's well ahead of the gear curve.

    So, yeah. Could be OP. No way to really tell. Maybe someone knows something about those players / servers that I don't.

    I mean, this combo he's using isn't that available, the combo puts him almost 3 sparks in the hole and self-freezes for 5s unless he uses a 4th spark. And hes forced to use his apo to not get interrupted. Which is quite a massive commitment to a single AoE. However G17 claws are the first tool we were given to APS since nirvana, which is ancient gear by now. Not to mention the main counter to APS (purify proc) is being dropped by most people as they get their G17 weapons.

    The skill he's using has a +260% base physical damage multiplier though, which is pretty fkn nuts. (Considering the lvl 5~7 red glyph that ppl are crying about has +150% base physical damage PER 100 chi (so 300% from full chi). There were just never any useful fists to make it worth using. Judging from the numbers hes getting compared to the numbers I get on equal gear people with HF + Red Glyph from full chi, I'd say his gear isnt that much better than the people hes hitting, cept from the ppl hes pounding for 6 digits. HF + Red Glyph off full chi easily hits for 50k+ on full buffed people.

    Claw has less base damage than dual Axes (10k less in my BM, both weapons +12), but would still deal more damage in this situations. This combo is easier and more effective because it only needs 245 chi and hit in area (12 meters around).
    35 = stun
    200 = HF (RECOVER 90)
    100 = 79skil

    The benefit is that you deal 260% damage, regardless of your chi, in a huge area and if the target does not die, it will have many debuffs applied.

    The red glyph hits more damage yes, however, it depends on your chi being whole .... and this is not always possible. Tsunami is the only skil that hits in area, and it's only frontal area. If I used TSUNAMI under these conditions instead of 79 skil , the damage would be the same or less because I would not be with my chi full. So, if the damage deal is the same, i prefer hit in area around the target instead frontal area. This way i hit in more players.

    350% (full chi) - 260% (79) = 90% less base damage + (-10k of dual axes).

    My genie don't have chi. When the new genie arrive and with god's help i get it, the use of the Tsunami will be more frequent because I will always deal 350% damage (175 x 2) with nvl 8 glyph in frontal area.
    But the biggest advantage of the 79 skil would still be damage in area around the target and not just frontal like Tsunami.

    My english isn't very good , sorry =/

  • sothiyasothiya Posts: 7 Arc User
    any idea on earthen rift argent glyph description. like whats the percentage for every hit charge and if wep damage or base damage
  • thesquee1thesquee1 Posts: 44 Arc User
    red wrote: »
    happyhail wrote: »
    The videos don't really show much since they provide no context. The problem is that we have no idea what the average gear level there is. I don't even know how common defense charms are on those servers. Based on multiple G17 weapons and his HP value, I'd say that this is an extremely-well geared BM. He's basically able to run around doing whatever he wants without ever being punished for using an extremely-greedy playstyle, but that may simply be due to video editing--again, no way to know for certain. It takes his guild quite a while to down the dragons despite having the opposing guild base-locked, which leads me to believe that he's well ahead of the gear curve.

    So, yeah. Could be OP. No way to really tell. Maybe someone knows something about those players / servers that I don't.

    This is my BM kkkkk and this is the Gear: https://mypers.pw/14/#870701 (100% copy of my BM, identical)
    Server: Perfect World from Brazil
    The opponents are as strong as my BM. Here in the PWI, you call the gear of "R999".
    The damage deal in players with this gear is very high because of the god of frenzy in my claw, ultimate, critical hit and HF. the reduction of 2 hits is stopped because of my stun, HF and Army Crusher. So, the damage taked is without reductions.

    dingo488 wrote: »
    happyhail wrote: »
    The videos don't really show much since they provide no context. The problem is that we have no idea what the average gear level there is. I don't even know how common defense charms are on those servers. Based on multiple G17 weapons and his HP value, I'd say that this is an extremely-well geared BM. He's basically able to run around doing whatever he wants without ever being punished for using an extremely-greedy playstyle, but that may simply be due to video editing--again, no way to know for certain. It takes his guild quite a while to down the dragons despite having the opposing guild base-locked, which leads me to believe that he's well ahead of the gear curve.

    So, yeah. Could be OP. No way to really tell. Maybe someone knows something about those players / servers that I don't.

    I mean, this combo he's using isn't that available, the combo puts him almost 3 sparks in the hole and self-freezes for 5s unless he uses a 4th spark. And hes forced to use his apo to not get interrupted. Which is quite a massive commitment to a single AoE. However G17 claws are the first tool we were given to APS since nirvana, which is ancient gear by now. Not to mention the main counter to APS (purify proc) is being dropped by most people as they get their G17 weapons.

    The skill he's using has a +260% base physical damage multiplier though, which is pretty fkn nuts. (Considering the lvl 5~7 red glyph that ppl are crying about has +150% base physical damage PER 100 chi (so 300% from full chi). There were just never any useful fists to make it worth using. Judging from the numbers hes getting compared to the numbers I get on equal gear people with HF + Red Glyph from full chi, I'd say his gear isnt that much better than the people hes hitting, cept from the ppl hes pounding for 6 digits. HF + Red Glyph off full chi easily hits for 50k+ on full buffed people.

    Claw has less base damage than dual Axes (10k less in my BM, both weapons +12), but would still deal more damage in this situations. This combo is easier and more effective because it only needs 245 chi and hit in area (12 meters around).
    35 = stun
    200 = HF (RECOVER 90)
    100 = 79skil

    The benefit is that you deal 260% damage, regardless of your chi, in a huge area and if the target does not die, it will have many debuffs applied.

    The red glyph hits more damage yes, however, it depends on your chi being whole .... and this is not always possible. Tsunami is the only skil that hits in area, and it's only frontal area. If I used TSUNAMI under these conditions instead of 79 skil , the damage would be the same or less because I would not be with my chi full. So, if the damage deal is the same, i prefer hit in area around the target instead frontal area. This way i hit in more players.

    350% (full chi) - 260% (79) = 90% less base damage + (-10k of dual axes).

    My genie don't have chi. When the new genie arrive and with god's help i get it, the use of the Tsunami will be more frequent because I will always deal 350% damage (175 x 2) with nvl 8 glyph in frontal area.
    But the biggest advantage of the 79 skil would still be damage in area around the target and not just frontal like Tsunami.

    My english isn't very good , sorry =/

    If you had Paramount you should red glyph Army Crusher just for the spammability of it while still doing damage centered around you.
  • red#4565 red Posts: 50 Arc User
    thesquee1 wrote: »
    red wrote: »
    happyhail wrote: »
    Claw has less base damage than dual Axes (10k less in my BM, both weapons +12), but would still deal more damage in this situations. This combo is easier and more effective because it only needs 245 chi and hit in area (12 meters around).
    35 = stun
    200 = HF (RECOVER 90)
    100 = 79skil

    The benefit is that you deal 260% damage, regardless of your chi, in a huge area and if the target does not die, it will have many debuffs applied.

    The red glyph hits more damage yes, however, it depends on your chi being whole .... and this is not always possible. Tsunami is the only skil that hits in area, and it's only frontal area. If I used TSUNAMI under these conditions instead of 79 skil , the damage would be the same or less because I would not be with my chi full. So, if the damage deal is the same, i prefer hit in area around the target instead frontal area. This way i hit in more players.

    350% (full chi) - 260% (79) = 90% less base damage + (-10k of dual axes).

    My genie don't have chi. When the new genie arrive and with god's help i get it, the use of the Tsunami will be more frequent because I will always deal 350% damage (175 x 2) with nvl 8 glyph in frontal area.
    But the biggest advantage of the 79 skil would still be damage in area around the target and not just frontal like Tsunami.

    My english isn't very good , sorry =/

    If you had Paramount you should red glyph Army Crusher just for the spammability of it while still doing damage centered around you.

    Yes, maybe... But Army Crusher have a fast cast, i use it to hit one of the two reductions after i stun the targets and use HF. The only other skil that deal damage around the target would be Hillborn, but it's too slow to this. All the targets can give imune in his cast., and my time "in action" would be reduced.
    And like u said, Army Crusher have a good cooldown, and i use it to get my chi back. Red glyph here would be bad for me because I would be wasting a skill that I use to get chi. But Your idea is great ;) Who knows in the future xD
  • dingo488dingo488 Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 14
    red wrote: »
    Yes, maybe... But Army Crusher have a fast cast, i use it to hit one of the two reductions after i stun the targets and use HF. The only other skil that deal damage around the target would be Hillborn, but it's too slow to this. All the targets can give imune in his cast., and my time "in action" would be reduced.
    And like u said, Army Crusher have a good cooldown, and i use it to get my chi back. Red glyph here would be bad for me because I would be wasting a skill that I use to get chi. But Your idea is great ;) Who knows in the future xD

    No, Im with you on that, Red glyph on Army Crusher is terrible. Without Army Crusher you have no good AoE skill that's actually useful that you can use as an AoE skill, nor do you have any tool to remove defense charms to even guarantee your Army Crusher deals damage.

    The new genie skill is a blessing for chi, I honestly wouldn't even use Red Glyph without it. But when I say the combo isn't always available I'm not just talking about the chi cost. I love the fist combo but I honestly still don't know if it's really that good. You probably know more about how it works in practice but in theory it seems too hard to use properly. Mass PvP always works front-to-back, what this means in a stalemate is that the melee people are all using their apo/genie, where the ranged people generally have their stuff up still, purely because melee people are soaking up all the pressure. However, for your combo to work you need the exact opposite to happen, you need all ur stuff up while the enemy backline doesn't have their genies available, since you using Roar -> HF on a group of people basically tells them you want to kill them, so it only works if they have no genie available. But clearly you are not the one forcing them to use their genie, since you can't commit anything. The only realistic scenario where this would happen is if your team is winning without you even doing anything. If the fight is even or the enemy is winning then it's incredibly hard to hold onto your apo/genie for something offensive as you're forced to use it defensively, not to mention the opponent will all still have their genies up. So they'll all escape your stun/HF or immune your fist AoE. So I'm actually wondering, if this combo is useful in more realistic scenario's or if you can only use this to use it on a team that's losing incredibly hard and just shjtstomp them as they're trying to pull themselves together, which is basically what's happening in the 2 vids that were linked.

    I see in your PWcalc that it has purge instead of GoF, I don't know which of the 2 it is. Personally I would opt for the purge and ditch one of the amber shards for an elemental shard so you can proc both def charms and purge expel/psychic will.
    Post edited by dingo488 on


    IGN: Madskillz
  • csquared5csquared5 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited March 14
    Yeah... that makes a lot of sense. If he was fighting an enemy faction that was equally strong as his own, his faction would be pushed back *unless* he was there at the front line soaking up damage. And in such situation I find it just as improbable as you that it would be plausible to pull off a 3-spark, genie/apoth combo with any sort of frequency.

    Now, that being said though: when there is a stalemate that exists without you, can bm go in with this combo and cause the front lines of the enemy to collapse? Yes. But in a truly equal situation, the stalemate would only exist with bms staying at the front lines more often.

    @ red: I commented on it earlier: you were barely attacked much. When I've been in equal-strength situations, the bms who rush into my enemy lines get focused and utterly massacred unless they use their apoth to even get in close. Veno puffbird your antistun, purge, steal chi, and then wizards, psychics, and really anybody nearby makes a bm's life instantly hellish. Even your 50k hp can vanish within seconds under that intense firestorm, and most bms who do manage to survive rely heavily on a g17 weapon with a defensive proc like untarget or 5s immune. So dingo is right; your faction was already winning without you doing anything. You could have skipped the xNW and the outcome would have been largely the same, though likely delayed somewhat, since your combos pushed an already weakened enemy back into their spawn.

    Thats not to say you didn't play brilliantly, but I, too, am skeptical of the use of the fists as a regular part of most bms hardware, especially when every endgame bm here has Paramount genie now, and having lots of chi isn't really much of an issue anymore. Lot easier to stick to axes and abuse red glyph.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel




  • dingo488dingo488 Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 14
    csquared5 wrote: »
    Yeah... that makes a lot of sense. If he was fighting an enemy faction that was equally strong as his own, his faction would be pushed back *unless* he was there at the front line soaking up damage. And in such situation I find it just as improbable as you that it would be plausible to pull off a 3-spark, genie/apoth combo with any sort of frequency.

    Now, that being said though: when there is a stalemate that exists without you, can bm go in with this combo and cause the front lines of the enemy to collapse? Yes. But in a truly equal situation, the stalemate would only exist with bms staying at the front lines more often.

    Basically what I was thinking, its a win-more kind of thing. Also the only way he survives his dive into the enemy backline is if he actually kills that backline, if he fails to kill them then they will kill him instead. If the enemy has their genies available he wont kill them. I might be wrong though... I'm curious what his take on it is since he's actually experienced using it, all I can do is theorycraft.



    IGN: Madskillz
  • teikiatsu11teikiatsu11 Posts: 93 Arc User
    dingo488 wrote: »

    No, Im with you on that, Red glyph on Army Crusher is terrible. Without Army Crusher you have no good AoE skill that's actually useful that you can use as an AoE skill, nor do you have any tool to remove defense charms to even guarantee your Army Crusher deals damage.

    The new genie skill is a blessing for chi, I honestly wouldn't even use Red Glyph without it. But when I say the combo isn't always available I'm not just talking about the chi cost. I love the fist combo but I honestly still don't know if it's really that good. You probably know more about how it works in practice but in theory it seems too hard to use properly. Mass PvP always works front-to-back, what this means in a stalemate is that the melee people are all using their apo/genie, where the ranged people generally have their stuff up still, purely because melee people are soaking up all the pressure. However, for your combo to work you need the exact opposite to happen, you need all ur stuff up while the enemy backline doesn't have their genies available, since you using Roar -> HF on a group of people basically tells them you want to kill them, so it only works if they have no genie available. But clearly you are not the one forcing them to use their genie, since you can't commit anything. The only realistic scenario where this would happen is if your team is winning without you even doing anything. If the fight is even or the enemy is winning then it's incredibly hard to hold onto your apo/genie for something offensive as you're forced to use it defensively, not to mention the opponent will all still have their genies up. So they'll all escape your stun/HF or immune your fist AoE. So I'm actually wondering, if this combo is useful in more realistic scenario's or if you can only use this to use it on a team that's losing incredibly hard and just shjtstomp them as they're trying to pull themselves together, which is basically what's happening in the 2 vids that were linked.

    I see in your PWcalc that it has purge instead of GoF, I don't know which of the 2 it is. Personally I would opt for the purge and ditch one of the amber shards for an elemental shard so you can proc both def charms and purge expel/psychic will.

    I don't see it talked about much but it is rather silly that before primal we had 4 effective AOE's and then we got reduced to 2 and only 1 that's really good for how fast paced pvp has become. Even with the 4 we had before the channel time on 2 of them would make them iffy. I would like to see them make more AOE skills for BM's that have better channeling times. AOE's used to be one of our staple features.

    Sidenote: I'm excluding HF in this simply because it's not really used to deal damage itself but to make other skills deal better damage.
Sign In or Register to comment.