Skill Glyph System in the next expansion

Comments

• hoshichan
    hoshichan Posts: 175 Arc User
    aradya6793 wrote: »

http://mypers.pw/10/#482804

your rb np psy of your server is doing something wrong

we have 2 np psys on our server and they both touch 100k base around 230k with 3spark and ult​​

cleric buff, NW pot is not "base".

g16 helm and cloak is not "endgame"

30 magic engrave only worth for deity sharded.

if we talk about full buffs, then first reborn kestra and althea should bring you to 100 k max magic attack, but you are still gonna be a useless class with no 100% stun that depends on your teammates to remove def charms from targets...
  • dregenfox
    dregenfox Posts: 713 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    dregenfox wrote: »
    Why does star chart have 1600 magic attack? 2x 20 apt should be 1300.

You can get 1600 if you have them both on fate stars near 10. It's actually more doable than you'd think due to very biased rerolling with spira 4.
    ​​

Hmm, that's actually pretty interesting, after looking at the comments on your site it seems like after 20 apt it stops using whole numbers only for aptitude values as well.

TBH at those aptitude levels it would be far more worth it to stack 5 apt magic pen...something like 2500-2700 pen would be possible and would feel pretty broken.
  • hoshichan
    hoshichan wrote: »

we have 2 np psys on our server and they both touch 100k base around 230k with 3spark and ult

if we talk about full buffs, then first reborn kestra and althea should bring you to 100 k max magic attack, but you are still gonna be a useless class with no 100% stun that depends on your teammates to remove def charms from targets...

recheck man thats w\o buff only nw pot which is unpurgeable so always available
    ijs that 90k base damage without portal is easily possible just max out your chart with some cunningness​​

you ignored my other points. i would not call it "easily". and not everyone can "easily" dump 5 bil into 20 aptitude.
  • hoshichan
    just checked, he has 520 and 589 magic attack on his chart. and he has crown/wings which is like 36 magic less than "your build"
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    I know this thread was dedicated to the skill runes... but what about the skills that were mixed with sage/demon? Anyone got info on them?
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    So its been a bit since rune translations.
    I am curious, what runes will you guys pick, and for what reasons?
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Archers should just get 6 lvl 1 rune5s to start out with. If you do double tap on charged skills you get no channel and uncharged lvl1 is the same as uncharged lvl10 for these skills. Thunder Blast in particular is going to have a huge benefit since its long channel makes its dps awful. I have a feeling rune5 is going to be the most valuable since that's where the most interesting stuff tends to be. (actually do you need same type of runes for refining or would any type do?)​​
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    asterelle wrote: »
    Archers should just get 6 lvl 1 rune5s to start out with. If you do double tap on charged skills you get no channel and uncharged lvl1 is the same as uncharged lvl10 for these skills. Thunder Blast in particular is going to have a huge benefit since its long channel makes its dps awful. I have a feeling rune5 is going to be the most valuable since that's where the most interesting stuff tends to be. (actually do you need same type of runes for refining or would any type do?)​​

Thunder-shock definitely benefits more from Rune 4. Quick trigger pulling on thundershock is a waste considering it doesn't really have a problem with the channeling time today. Having a guaranteed freeze has more applications in PvP. Aim low is a crappy freeze given its 1 spark cost. At 30 chi and a 6 second cooldown it has massive benefits in group PvP as tool on BM's running into your teams backline. Using it to interrupt a reel-in is big.

• capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    For mystic I'm thinking:

Nature's Vengeance: the 20 extra chi is very tempting, but I'm leaning towards Rune 1 for more damage. Rune 2 is more damage but that slow occasionally comes in handy.
    Absorb Soul: Probably Rune 1 for extra damage. Reduced channeling isn't enough for me to start using it outside of Storm Dance combos.
    Storm Dance: I'm leaning towards Rune 2 for extra max health reduction. That combos well with Sublime Transfusion.
    Swirling Mist: They're all mediocre, I guess extra chance of reducing wood defense.
    Gale Force: I like Rune 3 for 75% seal chance.
    Break in the Clouds: Rune 2 for extra chi.
    Comforting Mist: This is very interesting. I'd probably try out rune 1 first, then default to rune 5 if it didn't work out. Rune 3 is pretty nice also.
    Nature's Barrier: These are all great, but Rune 1 is too sexy to ignore.
    Thicket: Several interesting options here, but I'd probably go with Rune 4 for 100 chi return. I use this skill a lot in mass pvp, so extra chi is great.
    Vital Herb: Rune 3 or 5.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    In PvE, I'll use the runes that give more damage and stronger debuffs, unless they are PvP-only like Soul Degeneration. In PvP, I'll want to try out different set ups until I find the best one(s). I think in situations where there is more than one Venomancer in squad, it might be good to have different set ups to make the most out of what the runes have to offer.

The one thing I'm certain about is Blazing Barrier for PvP will be Rune 1 for the most part. Rune 4 and Rune 5 are also good, but I feel like they are better for more specialized situations like 1v1s or in a 10v10 that has a lot of casters etc.
    ​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    For PVE I most likely I would get a few of the debuffs (Top level ion spike debuff would be useful for nuking bosses though and make our metal mages shine, much like original sage soul shatter is used for wizards) and focus the rest on increased damage. For PVP I would definitely look at obtaining a lot of utility and create a build of stacking debuffs between locking your opponent. But I would also like to look at more of an AOE build with chi gain as well for mass-PVP. For my playstyle I don't see much use in the gaurenteed hit skills. I don't have great accuracy but a seeker can purify accuracy debuffs easily enough and I think this can be accounted for with the right star chart.

The sad part is that seekers seem to be extremely limited by the 6 rune set up since each skill combo is a 2 part harmony requiring a rune to be equipped with both the stance and proc skill to see the full benefit :( if this turns out differently and we can still proc runed skills with non-runed skills (with the exception of darkcloud bolt which seems to be a new addition to the "proc-ing skills") I would definitely revise my ideas because there are so many good ones it's already hard to choose!

Definitely extremely excited about this though because it looks like seekers will have a chance to counter-lock DBs for a short time giving them a chance for survival. Build-depending though it will make seekers even more a debuff-centered class in mass PVP, making their focus even more on other HA classes since puri-proc makes (and will make) seeker's true potential damage too difficult to capitalize on, making mages more a team-effort, or simply leaving them to the DBs, Sins and BMs XD

That is unless you get lucky with disarm proc!

For PVE I would prioritize:
    1) Ionspike - Rune 4 for 100% metal resistance debuff
    2) Darkcloud Bolt - Rune 2 for 100% interrupt (useful for FSJ most notably)
    3) Gravel Blade - Rune 1 or Rune 10 for increased Damage
    4) Wind Blade - Rune 1 or Rune 10 for Increased Damage
    5) Glowing Blade - Rune 1 or Rune 10 for Increased Damage
    6) Gemini Slash - Rune 3 for reduced channel or - Rune 1 for tripping spirit bore debuff + Increased Damage

For PVP I would prioritize:
    1) Heartseeker - Rune 4 for guaranteed single hit stun
    2) Ionspike - Rune 4 for 100% metal debuff
    3) Gravel Blade - Rune 3 for 100% bloodletting stance proc
    4) Stalagstrike - Rune 3 increased range and allows proc of Gravel Blade
    5) Glowing Blade - Rune 2 for 100% disarm stance proc
    6) Arme Nier - Rune 3 for reduced channel (faster proc of stance)
    ​​
  • dregenfox

we have 2 np psys on our server and they both touch 100k base around 230k with 3spark and ult

recheck man thats w\o buff only nw pot which is unpurgeable so always available
    ijs that 90k base damage without portal is easily possible just max out your chart with some cunningness​​

you ignored my other points. i would not call it "easily". and not everyone can "easily" dump 5 bil into 20 aptitude.

and then again how does your NP rb psy have 90k base with everything maxed idk

Like I said he opted to max magic penetration
    capnk wrote: »
    For mystic I'm thinking:

Nature's Vengeance: the 20 extra chi is very tempting, but I'm leaning towards Rune 1 for more damage. Rune 2 is more damage but that slow occasionally comes in handy.
    Absorb Soul: Probably Rune 1 for extra damage. Reduced channeling isn't enough for me to start using it outside of Storm Dance combos.
    Storm Dance: I'm leaning towards Rune 2 for extra max health reduction. That combos well with Sublime Transfusion.
    Swirling Mist: They're all mediocre, I guess extra chance of reducing wood defense.
    Gale Force: I like Rune 3 for 75% seal chance.
    Break in the Clouds: Rune 2 for extra chi.
    Comforting Mist: This is very interesting. I'd probably try out rune 1 first, then default to rune 5 if it didn't work out. Rune 3 is pretty nice also.
    Nature's Barrier: These are all great, but Rune 1 is too sexy to ignore.
    Thicket: Several interesting options here, but I'd probably go with Rune 4 for 100 chi return. I use this skill a lot in mass pvp, so extra chi is great.
    Vital Herb: Rune 3 or 5.

You can only use 6 runes max
  • dat1guyy
    dat1guyy Posts: 119 Arc User
    bboycraze wrote: »
    Stormbringer

Downburst - Demon + Sage combined

Rune 1: Additional [40%, 60%, 80%, 100%] weapon damage
    Rune 2: Chan speed increase [29%, 31%, 33%, 35%]
    Rune 3: 2T 1I charges => Additional [80%, 120%, 160%, 200%] weapon damage
    Rune 4: 1T 2I charges =>Additional [60%, 90%, 120%, 150%] weapon damage
    Rune 5: When transformed, increase damage by [39%, 44.5%, 50%, 55.5%]

Moonblade - Demon + Sage combined (wtf)

Not 100% clear on this pre-rune section, it's either redundant or more than one way to guarantee the effects:
    When transformed:
    ("Ice-Ray Ball")???, maybe 1I 1T => Guarantee amp on 1st strike
    1T 1I => Guaranteed heal on 4th strike
    Thunder > Ice => Guarantee amp on 1st strike
    Ice > Thunder => Guaranteed heal on 4th strike

would appreciate any help with that one

Rune 1: Additional [80%, 120%, 160%, 200%] weapon damage

Runes 2-5 skill description says 100% guarantee for effects on 1st and 4th strike when transformed, which is the current meta for sage and demon so makes sense and maybe base + Rune 1 descs are just a typo and that gibberish above can be ignored.

Rune 2: No effect when you turned the double chance to trigger increased to [35%, 40%, 45%, 50%]. Not sure with this one. Maybe when not transformed, trigger rates increased from 25 to [35%, 40%, 45%, 50%]
    Rune 3: 3T => 100% change for amp on 1st strike, chance for heal on 4th increased to [35%, 40%, 45%, 50%]
    Rune 4: 3I => 100% chance for heal on 4th strike, change for amp on 1st increased to [35%, 40%, 45%, 50%]
    Rune 5: When transformed, deal additional [120%, 180%, 240%, 300%] weapon damage

They gave Demon two of Sage's best skill effects by combined these. Now I am slightly questioning going Demon because the extra channeling and Amplify will be available to Demons now. Given there are still 20 other unchanged skills, Downburst was one of the main factors why I chose Sage.

Most Stormbringers will probably get Rune 2 for Downburst for obvious reasons, Rune 5 is great but Reaper from only lasts 30-32 seconds while the cooldown on it is 90 seconds. That means the Rune 5 effect is only viable a 3rd of the time, 30 second of bonus, 60 second without. It can be great for Sonic Boom though and pve sparking vs bosses in JFSP and UP. If I can get my hands on 35% channeling, I will easily have -85% end game channeling and -97% channeling for pve with my -12 channeling neck. That might be pretty scary seeing I can already cast 2-3 spells vs a psychic that barely casts 1 spell in the same amount of time. I would like like a Seeker on their channeling buff whamming away at you.

I also heard (but am not totally sure) the new g17 rings might have more channeling on them as well upgrade from Solar Slaughter, etc. If that is the case, I will well exceed the channeling cap and I might have to downgrade my channeling stone in my weapon lol.
  • capnk

Yes I know, was commenting more on which runes I like with each skill. Personally I would skip Swirling Mist and Absorb Soul for sure. Other two to skip kind of a tossup, might play around with different ones.

• freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    Is it already known whether we can switch the runes at anytime with no cost or not ?
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    @asterelle can you get the info of the aurora skills from the cleric?

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3301432

Do I understand that since the rune update, Aurora skills no longer affect the HP charm (lol)?
  • freygin
    edited November 2016
    If Aurora skills no longer affect hp charm, they should give cleric a nuke skill with major damage, else how cleric gonna be able to kill ?? sure cleric can cc for a long time but with little to no damage when the target is sog'ed or only 1 hit when slept then cleric is the one being cc'ed after that, how is cleric gonna kill ???

They never nerf something directly, they better give something good as an exchange
  • bboycraze
    bboycraze Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    dat1guyy wrote: »
    bboycraze wrote: »
    Stormbringer

Downburst - Demon + Sage combined

Moonblade - Demon + Sage combined (wtf)

They gave Demon two of Sage's best skill effects by combined these. Now I am slightly questioning going Demon because the extra channeling and Amplify will be available to Demons now. Given there are still 20 other unchanged skills, Downburst was one of the main factors why I chose Sage.

Most Stormbringers will probably get Rune 2 for Downburst for obvious reasons, Rune 5 is great but Reaper from only lasts 30-32 seconds while the cooldown on it is 90 seconds. That means the Rune 5 effect is only viable a 3rd of the time, 30 second of bonus, 60 second without. It can be great for Sonic Boom though and pve sparking vs bosses in JFSP and UP. If I can get my hands on 35% channeling, I will easily have -85% end game channeling and -97% channeling for pve with my -12 channeling neck. That might be pretty scary seeing I can already cast 2-3 spells vs a psychic that barely casts 1 spell in the same amount of time. I would like like a Seeker on their channeling buff whamming away at you.

I also heard (but am not totally sure) the new g17 rings might have more channeling on them as well upgrade from Solar Slaughter, etc. If that is the case, I will well exceed the channeling cap and I might have to downgrade my channeling stone in my weapon lol.

It's nice to look at the stats and talk about what you'll get but still have to consider the time it'll take to get a lvl 10 rune for each of the 6 skills. While I don't disagree with Downburst, there are other skills for which i'd rather focus on maxing out their runes in the early term.

Agree 100% on the Demon/Sage though; Moonblade was my sole sore spot for choosing Demon.

I'm having a hard time working what I like most for Moonblade and Supercell, and torn between the max 75% debuff and constant 60% on Cloudburst. Some choices are definitely playstyle oriented and that's good for the game

• dregenfox

Yes I know, was commenting more on which runes I like with each skill. Personally I would skip Swirling Mist and Absorb Soul for sure. Other two to skip kind of a tossup, might play around with different ones.

I don't think 100% is really worth it for mystic. Rune 1 works out to something like 15% more damage. It's far better to take skills which enable entirely new playstyles imo.

The 35 chi (+20 net) gain from nature's vengeance works for both demon and sage. I don't think it'll be hard to hit -30% or more channel after the patch, which essentially means demons will be able to maintain perma-triple-spark (in pve, at least). In pvp it really reduces the risk of blowing 3 sparks on a time-limited buff, since demons can gain back 1-2 sparks in the span of a single chiyu stun or gale force. With that said I might still end up skipping NV entirely because BiTC chi gain will be so good.
    freygin wrote: »
    If Aurora skills no longer affect hp charm, they should give cleric a nuke skill with major damage, else how cleric gonna be able to kill ?? sure cleric can cc for a long time but with little to no damage when the target is sog'ed or only 1 hit when slept then cleric is the one being cc'ed after that, how is cleric gonna kill ???

They never nerf something directly, they better give something good as an exchange

To be fair the aurora skills made it near impossible for any other class to 1v1 clerics, and made the mystic trasnfusion skill sort of redundant, especially considering it costs mystics 1 spark + long cooldown. With their massive dps upgrade through runes I think clerics who choose to go DPS route will be able to pass as a real DPS class in violet after the updates.

If they do keep aurora the way it is though, clerics will be monsters in 1v1 :sweat: .

And yes, I wouldn't mind if they nerfed mystic's AS to wake people on sleep either, because that will be pretty exploitable after the changes. With channel reduction runes we could literally just sleep people and nuke them to death with 6-20k rapid fire absorb souls.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Galemark

Range melee
    Mana 154
    Channel 0.1 seconds
    Cast 0.5 seconds
    Cooldown 6.0 seconds
    Chi Gained 25
    Weapon Saber

Sweep your blade in a wide arc, attacking all enemies in a 120-degree, 8-meter radius area. Deals base physical damage plus 40% of weapon damage plus 4270 and freezes the targets for 2 seconds.
    Transforming reduces the cooldown to 1 second.

Rune 5
    Only applies while in Reaper Form.
    Lvl1-4: Deals an additional 80% of weapon damage.
    Lvl5-7: Deals an additional 110% of weapon damage.
    Lvl8-9: Deals an additional 140% of weapon damage.
    Lvl10: Deals an additional 170% of weapon damage.

Everlasting ode

Range melee
    Mana 160
    Channel 0.1 seconds
    Cast 0.5 seconds
    Cooldown 6.0 seconds
    Chi Gained 15
    Weapon Saber

Slash back through the arc of your attack, hitting all enemies in a 120-degree, 8-meter radius area. Deals base physical damage plus 4521 and reduces the targets chi by 15.
    Transforming reduces the cooldown to 1 second.

Rune 5
    Lvl1-4: Deals an additional 100% of weapon damage.
    Lvl5-7: Deals an additional 150% of weapon damage.
    Lvl8-9: Deals an additional 200% of weapon damage.
    Lvl10: Deals an additional 250% of weapon damage.

• This my favorite DPS combo in reaper form along many others upgrading the damage only helps •

Eternity
    Range 8 meters
    Mana 215
    Channel 0.2 seconds
    Cast 1.4 seconds
    Cooldown 8.0 seconds
    Chi Gained 15
    Weapon Saber

Plunge your blade into the ground, generating a shockwave that hits all enemies within 10 meters. Deals base physical damage plus 70% of weapon damage plus 6967 and increases your speed by 30% for 3 seconds. Has a 50% chance to stun the enemies for 2 seconds. Otherwise, immobilizes the enemies for 2 seconds.
    NEW(sage+demon effect): For 5 seconds you have a 25% chance to dodge incoming damage and negative effects. (Literally mini-Tidal and Focused Mind in one!)

Rune 2
    Lvl1-4: Cast range increased by 0.5 meters and damage area increased by 1 meter.
    Lvl5-7: Cast range increased by 1 meter and damage area increased by 2 meters.
    Lvl8-9: Cast range increased by 1.5 meters and damage area increased by 3 meters.
    Lvl10: Cast range increased by 2 meters and damage area increased by 4 meters.

Rune 4
    Lvl1-4: Stun chance increased to 70%.
    Lvl5-7: Stun chance increased to 80%.
    Lvl8-9: Stun chance increased to 90%.
    Lvl10: Stun chance increased to 100%.

• This one I'm not 100% just yet due to the fact I love the damage range being increased but this skill has to be one of the biggest wild cards because when I need the stun it's never there and freeze for 2 seconds is kinda useless.

Slash of Pride
    Spoiler

Range melee
    Mana 200
    Channel charge
    Cast 0.6 seconds
    Cooldown 15.0 seconds
    Chi Gained 10
    Weapon Saber

Charge your weapon for 2.2 seconds, then unleash the stored energy against all targets within 12 meters, dealing base physical damage plus 310% of weapon damage plus 7634. Stuns the targets for 1 second and disarms them for up to 9 seconds. Deals an additional 30% damage when fully charged.

Rune 2
    Lvl1-4: Increases the cast range by 2 meters.
    Lvl5-7: Increases the cast range by 3 meters.
    Lvl8-9: Increases the cast range by 4 meters.
    Lvl10: Increases the cast range by 5 meters.

Rune 4
    Lvl1-4: Fully charged bonus damage increased to 35%.
    Lvl5-7: Fully charged bonus damage increased to 40%.
    Lvl8-9: Fully charged bonus damage increased to 45%.
    Lvl10: Fully charged bonus damage increased to 50%.

• range is lovely for disarm and damage is awesome too much leaning towards range

Grief

Range melee
    Mana 159
    Channel 0.1 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 30.0 seconds
    Weapon Saber

Emerge from the arc of your attack into a series of zig-zagging slashes, dealing base physical damage plus 310% of weapon damage plus 12911. The third strike paralyzes the target for 4 seconds. You do not take damage while casting this skill.
    (No chi cost.)

Rune 5
    Lvl1-4: Deals an additional 100% of weapon damage.
    Lvl5-7: Deals an additional 140% of weapon damage.
    Lvl8-9: Deals an additional 180% of weapon damage.
    Lvl10: Deals an additional 220% of weapon damage.

•who doesn't love more damage in one of our best stuns
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • capnk
    edited November 2016
    The 35 chi (+20 net) gain from nature's vengeance works for both demon and sage. I don't think it'll be hard to hit -30% or more channel after the patch, which essentially means demons will be able to maintain perma-triple-spark (in pve, at least). In pvp it really reduces the risk of blowing 3 sparks on a time-limited buff, since demons can gain back 1-2 sparks in the span of a single chiyu stun or gale force. With that said I might still end up skipping NV entirely because BiTC chi gain will be so good.

Yeah the chi gain rune on Nature's Vengeance is definitely interesting. But my thought is that I'm already getting more chi than I'm used to as a Demon just from the combined skill. I don't really *need* the 20 extra chi. Changing playstyles can certainly work in terms of surprising opponents. But if your current playstyle is already effective why not just take runes that enhance what you already have?
    And yes, I wouldn't mind if they nerfed mystic's AS to wake people on sleep either, because that will be pretty exploitable after the changes. With channel reduction runes we could literally just sleep people and nuke them to death with 6-20k rapid fire absorb souls.

Absorb Soul has a (not insignificant) cooldown. While you can definitely pull off more AS during sleep with channel reduction, you're probably not going to kill anyone who wouldn't be dying from normal AS usage anyway. Best bet is use AS during sleep to cause a charm tick, then kill them with a proper skill combo.
  • freygin
    edited December 2016
    To be fair the aurora skills made it near impossible for any other class to 1v1 clerics, and made the mystic trasnfusion skill sort of redundant, especially considering it costs mystics 1 spark + long cooldown. With their massive dps upgrade through runes I think clerics who choose to go DPS route will be able to pass as a real DPS class in violet after the updates.

If they do keep aurora the way it is though, clerics will be monsters in 1v1 :sweat: .

I haven't tried the skills myself since where I play haven't gotten the patch, but I can imagine that it's OP from pwi players' many pvp videos on youtube and the skill descriptions, just like before avatar, starchart, and passive HP, but after all that 10k is just too small and it's adjusted in Elysium. So it was actually meant to be used by clerics as their deadly combo. It's like a nuke skill with more or less 30k damage at a perfect timing.

Other classes got deadly combo too, like wizzies with sparks, mystic with absorb soul for example. So if this aurora skills are nerfed, it's like taking away sparks from wiz or absorb soul from mystic.

It's still unclear though, I hope someone will explain what that thread is all about.
    Post edited by freygin on
  • samasalao
    samasalao Posts: 159 Arc User
    freygin wrote: »
    It's still unclear though, I hope someone will explain what that thread is all about.

Based on Jiunjie Lee Nation War Video (China), I can tell you the effect has not been changed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUAF9llzSW8

Go to Minute 30:07, Jiunjie gets cursed with the lighting thunder effect, his charm ticks, and his HP becomes max-lighting thunder effect, meaning the effect is currently the same on china, the video is from China NW on November 27.
  • dregenfox
    edited December 2016

Yeah the chi gain rune on Nature's Vengeance is definitely interesting. But my thought is that I'm already getting more chi than I'm used to as a Demon just from the combined skill. I don't really *need* the 20 extra chi. Changing playstyles can certainly work in terms of surprising opponents. But if your current playstyle is already effective why not just take runes that enhance what you already have?

Absorb Soul has a (not insignificant) cooldown. While you can definitely pull off more AS during sleep with channel reduction, you're probably not going to kill anyone who wouldn't be dying from normal AS usage anyway. Best bet is use AS during sleep to cause a charm tick, then kill them with a proper skill combo.

Are you sage? That's probably why your AS isn't usable, it's really only decent with demons. Against casters +10 drakeflame + buffs I can easily do 40k+ through sleep, with the channel reduction it might even be possible to fit 3 amped AS (though this would probably require sparking before sleep, which makes it unviable).

Our sleep is shorter than charm CD time anyway, once they burn genie they can't stop the combo - that's the main use for it over opting for regular DD.

• ebisama
    ebisama Posts: 29 Arc User
    seems like my seeker will get town portal rune 5 jsut for the chance to get no cd on it. So gawd to troll ppl with blade affinity>town port and do it every 30 sec aslong as no cd
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    ebisama wrote: »
    seems like my seeker will get town portal rune 5 jsut for the chance to get no cd on it. So gawd to troll ppl with blade affinity>town port and do it every 30 sec aslong as no cd
    You know, it can get cd several times in a row (=
    Sg4FlzA.png