TW Discussion - Twilight Temple

Options

Comments

• Stealthninja - Sanctuary
    Stealthninja - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    To have more colors on the map means to have more factions to choose from when you fight. It means more factions can participate without being rolled in 5min. The purpose of the meetings was to prepare for a better future, one where every faction that wants to fight is not always staring at 1 or 2 colors on the map.

I see ur point but theres a problem. The factions on the map right now would roll every new faction, so there will be no new colors on the map unless amp got on the map again, or unless an existing faction give the land up to them, which i dont see happening. The only time ur gonna see a colorful map is when a new server open. Then the small factions crumble and ppl move on to larger guild creating prolly 6ish strong factions that control a map. EX: look at RT map
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    That's because we got attacked and wiped off the map by a faction that would roll everyone else who are not landed don't you think? Maybe a major faction could wait until another faction has two lands before hitting them so it's not a wipe, I don't know. The whole point was that fighting and gaining land, no matter how insignificant the gain, makes a faction stronger does it not? I'd like to think that at least attacking together helped each faction build, until everyone can be fairly strong and one faction cannot just dominate the whole map.

And of COURSE Nef will give us land again. They're just such sweet people.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I loveeeeeeeeeeee how everyone is stating oh we werent allies when it comes to Amp and Enely. Im just stating from what i saw. When there are scheduled TW meetings with factions, and within these meetings, the factions that attended werent supposed to attack each other. So what if the TW bidding changed and the meetings werent a regular thing anymore? Enely says they want a fair TW with someone of equal caliber? Ok so lets attack a faction we are allied with because Vindicate just ***** us irl for all our lands when we know Amp can only pull half our numbers. Yea, that sounds really fair there, but i bet Enely wasnt counting on that TW lasting that long, guess it just shows that when Amp can finally field a full 80, they are gonna wreck havoc.

/rant

<3 Rags :D

made me lol

only lasted that long cuz we wanted to, if u read my prev post u woulda saw that we just TWed longer for fun. And just because we used to attack the same faction week after week was for both our benefits, not necessarily alliances. LG and nef were supposedly alliances too, and Nef wiped them off, so i guess no alliance huh :p same situation here

So you made it last longer? How does that work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary
    KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    By taking out most towers. Training new coordinators. Etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enelysion Executor
    Proud She-Barb
    b:cute
  • Arshen - Sanctuary
    Arshen - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Regrouping, falling back, not making a huge push right away.

I can name many other things.
  • WraithTanker - Sanctuary
    WraithTanker - Sanctuary Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I accept with Quilue.

But Enelysion attacking Amp was because we wanted a fun TW. We care NOTHING about having more or less lands. As you see, lands give only mirages and not coins. We were tired of attacking same factions over and over. And when we attacked Vindicate, we wanted fun TW's, and they seemed like a worthy opponent, we didnt later QQ about loosing, we arent a bad looser as some are.

So attacking the a faction weaker than you is fun? If you want fun attack regi, vind or something not a faction WEAKER than urself(sorry for callng amp weak b:surrender)
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    So attacking the a faction weaker than you is fun? If you want fun attack regi, vind or something not a faction WEAKER than urself(sorry for callng amp weak b:surrender)

Not weak. Just lacking in numbers. If we were weak we never would've even been on the map. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It's terrible how stupid some of the posts here are.
    edited September 2010
    Options

You know....still waiting on you to reply on how giving someone account info is hacking?
  • KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary
    KibblesnBitz - Sanctuary Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

b:sweat Agreed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enelysion Executor
    Proud She-Barb
    b:cute
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You know....still waiting on you to reply on how giving someone account info is hacking?

That is unimportant in this discussion, so I do not see why you feel the need to bring it up.
    Though like I said, the people said they were ****. Do I have information on how they were ****? Of course not. I was going by what they said.
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Lately plenty of people have been going around, giving people in RE\/ENGE their passwords, only to come back with nothing on their account.

That is unimportant in this discussion, so I do not see why you feel the need to bring it up.
    Though like I said, the people said they were ****. Do I have information on how they were ****? Of course not. I was going by what they said.

hmmmmmm b:shutup
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Reading other posts might help.
    Though again, like I said, this is irrelevant to anything being discussed.
  • Arshen - Sanctuary
    Arshen - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Sorry but I wont answer people that dont know what they are talking about. First go research then come make a post criticizing or quoting my posts. Untill then, have fun wasting ur time.
  • By_uL - Sanctuary
    By_uL - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    1. To the point of keeping this Thread an open ended interesting TW dialogue, it will never happen. People prefer to treat this as an online chat box filling it with irrelevant 1 liner rather than staying true to its intended purpose. It's a shame some of the great ideas and perspectives from people are overshadowed on a pile of ****.

2. Regarding this whole "making the map more colorful" concept, and maybe I am biased in saying this, is nothing more than a propaganda people jump on instinctively to try and do what is best for their own faction. Who doesn't want to be labeled as fighting for a good cause and at the same time benefit so much for his/her own faction. No one can discredit how effective this has been, some factions have grown so much from it.

won't let me post whole thing see below -.-
  • By_uL - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    -.- wont let me post whole thing, see below

It feels like the norm to scrutinize whoever does not unite under this banner of "having more colors". But I guess it can't be helped as some factions are still heavily dependent on it and rallies around it. However, just these past few TW's of Vindi vs Enely, Regi atk Vindi, Enely vs Amp, shows that some are abandoning this or realizing its always about the fun and what's best for there own members that's most important.

To the point of being attacked by stronger factions, if you can't defend a land then you don't deserve it in the first place. Sh.utup and improve, that's the bottom line.
  • Stealthninja - Sanctuary
    Stealthninja - Sanctuary Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    It feels like the norm to scrutinize whoever does not unite under this banner of "having more colors". But I guess it can't be helped as some factions are still heavily dependent on it and rallies around it. However, just these past few TW's of Vindi vs Enely, Regi atk Vindi, Enely vs Amp, shows that some are abandoning this or realizing its always about the fun and what's best for there own members that's most important.

To the point of being attacked by stronger factions, if you can't defend a land then you don't deserve it in the first place. Sh.utup and improve, that's the bottom line.

+1

this is exactly what aya was talking about. Its not about what the server wants anymore, individual factions are attacking what the members want. Nothing better than keeping faction members happy.
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ok so if they whole purpose of this so call meetings was to allow more factions join the tw scene on the map then why doesn't the dominant faction of "the good side" (in this case Regicide) give away some of their lands to new factions? we know Nef wont. Worst case scenario Nef will attack this new faction in order to recover land but that won't change the fact that regi will keep getting lands from Nef weekly, so there are no loses to any side considering lands give mirages lol, in fact this is the happy medium, you guys will accomplish what you have stated here that you wanted, more colors!! b:victory
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    +1

this is exactly what aya was talking about. Its not about what the server wants anymore, individual factions are attacking what the members want. Nothing better than keeping faction members happy.

Faction members (usually) want land. Server wanted to get Nef off the map and more colors on it. Now they don't 'want' anything anymore; Nef has lost their map domination already.

Sadly I have seen that some people (not telling any names) are seriously hating Regi for some reason now that they are the #1 TW fac.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Faction members (usually) want land. Server wanted to get Nef off the map and more colors on it. Now they don't 'want' anything anymore; Nef has lost their map domination already.

Sadly I have seen that some people (not telling any names) are seriously hating Regi for some reason now that they are the #1 TW fac.

The faction who's strongest or holds the most land will be hated. That's just how it is. Just like how some people hate cash-shoppers for no other reason other than they cash-shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Ok so if they whole purpose of this so call meetings was to allow more factions join the tw scene on the map then why doesn't the dominant faction of "the good side" (in this case Regicide) give away some of their lands to new factions? we know Nef wont. Worst case scenario Nef will attack this new faction in order to recover land but that won't change the fact that regi will keep getting lands from Nef weekly, so there are no loses to any side considering lands give mirages lol, in fact this is the happy medium, you guys will accomplish what you have stated here that you wanted, more colors!! b:victory

You know that mentality that we had in Nefarious before Regicide and after Legendary? That mentality that we were tired of the role TWs... yes we wanted to turn the map red- but we also wanted good TW, we wanted the challenge. We dealt with the hate because we knew that we were forcing factions to work hard to become strong... gave them something to work for. The rise and fall of the #1 faction should be nothing new to you nukey...
    In a sense... Sanctuary is in that state right now- yes Regicide is on top now but they did earn it and they are now waiting for someone to want to take up the challenge to fight them just like they did to Nefarious. Why wont anyone fight them? Why should they just give up land?? Your leader just said if you cant defend a land then you dont deserve it...

The powers of TW are starting to even out and grow stronger...

By asking Regicide to give up land for the sake of having color... you would do the same? Why not stand and fight them and take the challenge... get better. Who wants charity? xD

b:surrender I need to learn sentence structure I swear....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    You know that mentality that we had in Nefarious before Regicide and after Legendary? That mentality that we were tired of the role TWs... yes we wanted to turn the map red- but we also wanted good TW, we wanted the challenge. We dealt with the hate because we knew that we were forcing factions to work hard to become strong... gave them something to work for. The rise and fall of the #1 faction should be nothing new to you nukey...
    In a sense... Sanctuary is in that state right now- yes Regicide is on top now but they did earn it and they are now waiting for someone to want to take up the challenge to fight them just like they did to Nefarious. Why wont anyone fight them? Why should they just give up land?? Your leader just said if you cant defend a land then you dont deserve it...

By asking Regicide to give up land for the sake of having color... you would do the same? Why not stand and fight them and take the challenge... get better. Who wants charity? xD

This is Pure win and ultimately true. So i have to say....STOP ALL THE MUD SLINGING AND PLAY THE DAMN GAME!!
    All i see is a bunch of ppl trying to downgrade one another so that they feel better about themselves.... And for what?! Its a damn game ppl tend to bring in too much aggression and anger for no damn reason. "Oh you insulted my gf i am going to blast you as much as i can so that i make sure everyone else knows how much of an ***.hole you are!" (poor example i know but work with me here). Ok so you flamed the guy to no end...do you feel proud of yourself? Are you that insecure that you have to put down others to make sure that in your own mind you are right? The same scenario can be put to factions. So what if someone says your faction sucks or they are weak or what ever bulsht they may think of. You know your Faction is awesome right? So instead of filling this thread with hate mongering and out to stab others in the back. Just play the damn Game.b:shutup

Now my rant is over you may appreciate this sincere(if a little Brutal) Honesty or you can keep going with whatever you think makes it more effective to hurt someone.

This is Vorgen of Amplified saying.....YOU LOST THE GAME!!!!!!b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamcleric
    iamcleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

Did Regicide really earn it? Probably earned from cash shopping b:victory

From my observation, Nefarious would rather give up 1 land to Regicide on triple attacks rather than lose 2 or 3 if they divide their dwindling numbers. I think this is a logical strategy.

Why are other factions not attacking Regicide? It's probably because Nefarious has lost a majority of its hardcore PvP-ers and joined Regicide to bolster its ranks at first and other factions later on (even formed a separate faction, Vindicate) after having painted the map red.

Vindicate, knowing that Nefarious has dwindled in numbers chose to attack it rather than attack Regicide.

This is just my opinion.
  • Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary
    Nuke_Cleric - Sanctuary Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

I'm just offering a quick solution to all this "colorfull map" thing. You best of all mendy know how many times I asked while I was in nef to give away lands even if there were a few.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    iamcleric wrote: »

Yes- I believe they did... Regicide changed the course of TW in a couple different levels... Things as simple as putting up the Slogan "Looking for squad members.." to make it harder to target people in the T menu.... Regicide brought that to Sanctuary.
    I was in Regicide after their rise to power and I have seen their members... they were nothing (gear wise) compared to the Nefarious I came from lol but they had good strategies- I remember when they gave us a dose of our own medicine and full charged up center and we couldnt push them back out lol I remember when they came up with strategies and formations that no one had seen on this server before... they earned it.
    From my observation, Nefarious would rather give up 1 land to Regicide on triple attacks rather than lose 2 or 3 if they divide their dwindling numbers. I think this is a logical strategy.

Nefarious wont even show up to a 1v1 lol... there is nothing logical or strategic about it...

Vindicate, knowing that Nefarious has dwindled in numbers chose to attack it rather than attack Regicide.

Not my problem lol xD

I'm just offering a quick solution to all this "colorfull map" thing. You best of all mendy know how many times I asked while I was in nef to give away lands even if there were a few.

Yes I do remember- I agreed with you once the map was red but only because we had no more goals as a faction together, at least no goals that everyone agreed on. I wasnt flaming you honey <3 Solo me gusta molestarte b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options

You're the biggest moron in this thread. Did you really earn it? Yes; you've earned it. Moron. b:chuckle

We've waited for Nefarious until after they finished their other 2 wars (which were 5 minute rolls that could have been taken out with 1 squad ijs) at the half way point on lane B for 20 minutes and they did not even build towers. We ended up breaking their HQ without catapults. Doesn't it seem logical to at least try to defend it? We've wanted real TWs for a long time, win or lose. But they don't even send in a single person to build towers or attempt to defend.

One of their TW marshals pmed me saying that they won't show up for charm **** TWs. That's ironic because they dished it out to other factions to discourage them from attacking, but can't take any in return...
    Why are other factions not attacking Regicide? It's probably because Nefarious has lost a majority of its hardcore PvP-ers and joined Regicide to bolster its ranks at first and other factions later on (even formed a separate faction, Vindicate) after having painted the map red.

This is just my opinion.

Are you being serious right now? They were no-showing Regicide long before Vindicate was even formed or the 4-5 of their members even joined us. They gave up and folded in, so of course no one is going to TW us if they see that the 2nd strongest faction has given up and views us as impossible.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • By_uL - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options

Vindicate is growing and developing in all aspects of being a faction, that includes TW. Nefarious represents the most logical choice for our faction at the moment, same thing for when Enelysion was close to us and we had to exchange battles. Instead of you saying its us taking advantage of Nef's dwindling number as our motive, maybe you should rephrase yourself in saying its the best option for any faction in our situation.
  • Tainaker - Harshlands
    Tainaker - Harshlands Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    twisdead

IJS

gogogo Vindicate **** em all :o
  • Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    This is Pure win and ultimately true. So i have to say....STOP ALL THE MUD SLINGING AND PLAY THE DAMN GAME!!
    All i see is a bunch of ppl trying to downgrade one another so that they feel better about themselves.... And for what?! Its a damn game ppl tend to bring in too much aggression and anger for no damn reason.

Many of the people on here, including me, have reasons for why we dislike someone else. Really, yes it was very immature of me for allowing myself to be professionally trolled and I'm ashamed of myself for letting it happen. Should I dislike Deceptistar? Well I should feel neutral towards her because negative feelings inside of myself won't benefit me as a whole, a person. I should feel indifferent and just ignored her. *will meditate soon!*

"Oh you insulted my gf i am going to blast you as much as i can so that i make sure everyone else knows how much of an ***.hole you are!" (poor example i know but work with me here). Ok so you flamed the guy to no end...do you feel proud of yourself? Are you that insecure that you have to put down others to make sure that in your own mind you are right?

No, as I said I'm ashamed of myself for allowing myself to be professionally trolled. I apologize to everyone for my actions many pages back. I am sorry, Deceptistar, for focusing my energy and letting you lure me in. I won't allow you to bring out anger and hostility again. b:victory

The same scenario can be put to factions. So what if someone says your faction sucks or they are weak or what ever bulsht they may think of. You know your Faction is awesome right? So instead of filling this thread with hate mongering and out to stab others in the back. Just play the damn Game.b:shutup

Everyone has a right to have their opinion and view of their faction. One faction may appeal to you and fill your needs for companionship while it may not work well for another person. VERIZON may be totally awesome for some while Vindicate may suit others needs more. So it's up to you if your faction is "awesome" enough for you :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Options
    twisdead

IJS

gogogo Vindicate **** em all :o

>.> Pew_Pew
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]