East coast servers down.

Options
zoner112012
zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
The one time i actually decide to freaking do NW...finally....and the servers crash? GET YOUR **** TOGETHER PLEASE PWE!
ln5aR6B.jpg

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm not seeing any issues.

To qualify this a bit more, I've been playing on Harshlands for a couple hours now without issue. Ping has been between 65 and 250, which is a bit higher than normal, but not anything on the servers.

I have seen a few WC's about people DC'ing, so it's most likely just the usual internet node that lies between PWE and the end user's ISP.

Edit: Also note, that yours is the only post on the "issue", which just begs further proof that there is nothing wrong with the servers themselves, or with PWE's ISP connection.​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • eiledon
    eiledon Posts: 90 Arc User
    Options
    Actually the Cryptic games experienced a drop out at this time also, including connection to external chat server. CM has just posted a notice they are investigating over on bug reports http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1198244/cryptic-login-issues-7-31#latest

So it may be related as the servers are in same locale as PWI east coast boxes.
    ​​
  • hydro44x
    hydro44x Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    I wonder if they'll reimburse us or just give us a bs excuse and be done with it. Dc'ing two times during NW because of PWE makes 0 sense.
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    hydro44x wrote: »
    I wonder if they'll reimburse us or just give us a bs excuse and be done with it. Dc'ing two times during NW because of PWE makes 0 sense.

Not likely because it's not happening to a lot of people.​​

​​
  • hydro44x
    hydro44x Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    hydro44x wrote: »

Not likely because it's not happening to a lot of people.​​

All of the East Coast Servers are down though. I get if it was maybe just one server but all 3?

• sylenthunder
    edited August 2015
    Options
    They aren't down. I've been on Harshlands for quite a while now without being disconnected.

Just logged out to check the other two and not seeing any problems there either.

So, just to make this clear once more...
    Just because you cannot connect to the server, does not mean that the server is down.​​

​​
  • zoner112012
    Options
    3 mass dcs...it WAS mass DC so it was very likely server. 4 nw pots in one hour. Thanks pwi
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    You can have mass DC's without it being the server.

If it were the server, It would have been everyone, and it hasn't been by a long shot. I really thought you were smarter than that zoner.​​

​​
  • zoner112012
    Options
    I never claimed to know that much about Internet's, my knowledge is more in game and computer stuff not IT
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    Well Dreamweaver had 3 mass dc's durning NW. Not only did we lose our NW Apo, and other Apo it also effected the outcome of NW. I hope they fix these problem before they do this merge.
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options
    As usual. Someone DC's and they blame the server. It cannot possibly be the hundreds of gateways and nodes and routing systems in between the server and the client.

Then there are demands for compensation for something that PWI has absolutely no control over.
  • abhay
    abhay Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    About half of my Faction mate 20-25 who were in NW dc and my full FL. It happened thrice and I am in RT, Dark nation won because of that, whatever type of DC it was, mass, server or personal.
  • jamesburr36
    edited August 2015
    Options
    abhay wrote: »
    About half of my Faction mate 20-25 who were in NW dc and my full FL. It happened thrice and I am in RT, Dark nation won because of that, whatever type of DC it was, mass, server or personal.

And the other half stayed online and the Dark nation won because they didn't DC. Again this means THE SERVERS WERE NOT DOWN!!!! As always stated if the servers went down no nation would have won NW because everyone in the server would have DC'd. It was something between a node and those who DC.

When I was in Eureka, CA the state highway department, Caltrans, was doing road work on highway 101 a hundred miles away. Twice they accidentally cut the only fiber optic line to Eureka. The entire northern part of Humboldt county including Eureka and all the satellite towns around us lost internet service. I was playing PWI at the time when I DC.

Sometimes s*** happens but until there is concrete evidence of what the issue is there is no need to lay blame on PWI. Nobody is due any compensation for DCing during your NW because PWI servers were up and running at the time. It obviously was an issue beyond their control.
  • abhay
    abhay Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    Sometimes s*** happens but until there is concrete evidence of what the issue is there is no need to lay blame on PWI. Nobody is due any compensation for DCing during your NW because PWI servers were up and running at the time. It obviously was an issue beyond their control.

Why are you acting like there is bomb beside you?

No one asked for compensation, Did I ever say, I want compensation? 100 tokens is like 1.2m? Why would I care about that?

Just stated the facts what happened. I am not tech-savvy, but I do know, it wasn't problem of my net. My brother was in game (using same net provider as I do) but different modem, I am not from America either. Also, We logged in back immediately, many couldn't.

Also, Moderators Please close this topic. Server/Node/My Net/His Net Whatever went down, this topic is useless.
  • jamesburr36
    Options

No one asked for compensation, Did I ever say, I want compensation? 100 tokens is like 1.2m? Why would I care about that?

Just stated the facts what happened. I am not tech-savvy, but I do know, it wasn't problem of my net. My brother was in game (using same net provider as I do) but different modem, I am not from America either. Also, We logged in back immediately, many couldn't.

Also, Moderators Please close this topic. Server/Node/My Net/His Net Whatever went down, this topic is useless.

The compensation remark was directed to the one who wanted compensation for this.

As for the rest of my comment it is factual. Just because some DC it is known others did not. This means the servers never went down thus it really is an internet issue and not PWI's issue. It's highly offensive to place blame on PWI then for some to demand compensation for something that is beyond their control.

Get over it.
  • zoner112012
    Options

The compensation remark was directed to the one who wanted compensation for this.

As for the rest of my comment it is factual. Just because some DC it is known others did not. This means the servers never went down thus it really is an internet issue and not PWI's issue. It's highly offensive to place blame on PWI then for some to demand compensation for something that is beyond their control.

Get over it.

Lol highly offensive. Ijs I HIGHLY doubt Pwe gives a rat's butt.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • jamesburr36
    Options

Get over it.

Lol highly offensive. Ijs I HIGHLY doubt Pwe gives a rat's butt.

Yes. Highly offensive. It's like blaming Amazon.com for not receiving an order that they shipped but got lost/ stolen while in the mail. You people would demand that Amazon.com take a loss by sending a replacement instead of pursuing a claim against the shipper. Why would Amazon.com be liable when they fulfilled their obligation and not the 3rd party hired to deliver?

Again it is offensive to blame PWI/PWE when they fulfilled their obligation. The servers never went down. That was a baseless assumption not supported by fact.

• asurin
    asurin Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Options

Yes. Highly offensive. It's like blaming Amazon.com for not receiving an order that they shipped but got lost/ stolen while in the mail. You people would demand that Amazon.com take a loss by sending a replacement instead of pursuing a claim against the shipper. Why would Amazon.com be liable when they fulfilled their obligation and not the 3rd party hired to deliver?

Again it is offensive to blame PWI/PWE when they fulfilled their obligation. The servers never went down. That was a baseless assumption not supported by fact.

Actually, the servers did go down several times last night on the east coast. The best example I have to prove that is how empty West Arch was after I was DCed for the third time in a row on RT.

To boot, RT wasn't even listed in being up and running. The other East Coast servers "Seemed" to work really well, just not RT, which I had problems in logging back into after the second DC.

I'd understand if it was a couple of people who got DC and end up blaming the company for the dc, though this is not that sort of case. This is a case where about 70% of the cat shops disappear in less then 2 minuets from West Arch. RoR had lost about 50% of people there. And to boot, this was all happening during a time, an connection, sensitive event. That is a lot of people to be DCing for you to claim that the East Coast Servers were not down.
    FoxyGR.gif
  • sylenthunder
    Options
    If it's not 100%, then the server did not go down.​​

​​
  • jamesburr36
    Options
    If it's not 100%, then the server did not go down.​​

Too bad they just cannot quite grasp that concept.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    Options
    I think this thread has run it's course. IF you have a real technical issue, please repost in technical support after reading the stickies so that you may receive assistance. Thank you.​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
This discussion has been closed.