Server Merge FAQ

Comments

• eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    darek1 wrote: »
    mintsummer wrote: »
    If there is any event sensitive to time zone, we will try to schedule it multiple times so that most players can have fun. Meanwhile, we are working on multiple time slots of TW/ Cross Server PVP/NW. Stay Tuned!

And why you could not do it like 3 and more years earlier when it was suggested?
    mintsummer wrote: »
    If there is any event sensitive to time zone, we will try to schedule it multiple times so that most players can have fun. Meanwhile, we are working on multiple time slots of TW/ Cross Server PVP/NW. Stay Tuned!
    Explaination: Guilds can choose between 3 different time slots in which they will participate in tws, say for instance 2pm, 8pm, and 2am. You can choose two of those three time slots that would accommodate your guild best, the rest of the tw system will be untouched. Using this system, the morai players can choose 2pm and 8pm, and the HL players can choose 8pm and 2am and that way there is effectively no change to the tw times for anyone. Problem solved.

You guys all have my sympathy because servers like mine got the best end of the stick. But would that really make everyone happy? TW opposition would be very limited if you could sign up for time slots. Plus, over time there will be no more "HL" only factions and the times to bid would develop into an internal faction conflict between players.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited July 2015
    hockey57 wrote: »
    Making pvp server people switch to a pve server is ****. Most of us are only here still for the open map pvp.
    Just because it's a PvE server doens't mean there isn't open map PvP. If all you folks from Lost City stay in PK and go about your usual business, nothing will really change. Same goes for the other PvP server.

I don't understand why this is hard to comprehend.

Just because the server is PvE doesn't mean PvP does not exist. You just don't have the pleasure of randomly ganking someone nearly as much. You'll have to fight real fights.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • hockey57
    hockey57 Posts: 35 Arc User
    The only reason real fights start anymore on lost city is because people go after someone they find in open map then it escalates. Now those people will just hide in blue name mode and you wont find the pk like it is now. RW is also bunked now because of blue names.​​
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    Making pvp server people switch to a pve server is ****. Most of us are only here still for the open map pvp.
    Just because it's a PvE server doens't mean there isn't open map PvP. If all you folks from Lost City stay in PK and go about your usual business, nothing will really change. Same goes for the other PvP server.

Just because the server is PvE doesn't mean PvP does not exist. You just don't have the pleasure of randomly ganking someone nearly as much. You'll have to fight real fights.

TBH part of the appeal is the ganks, if you're the kind of person that likes PVP servers. If someone annoys you, you can kill them. If someone is a jackass, you can kill them. If someone is botting herbs, you can kill them. There is a degree of control over others activities, that you do not get on a PVE server. Some people enjoy giving others that control over them, so they too can have it over others.This is not the case on a PVE server. So the complaints are reasonable, even if I personally hate PVP servers and would quit if mine was changed. ​​

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend what 2 ppl above me posted and I said many times in this thread why forced and optional pk mode aren't same.

Question to CM/GM:
    There were some symbols allowed before, _, \ etc, they are invalid now. Is there any technical possibility to allow them again since we are forced to change our usual names and it's not always easy to find suitable replacement? =\

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • esp1125
    esp1125 Posts: 3 Arc User
    I think we should get insta lvl95 again... (I missed it last time) D:
  • nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 150 Arc User
    @enelimm @mintsummer Can I get the DNS entries for the new servers ahead of time (for my server status system) or are you just going to reuse the ones already in place (if so, which ones if you don't mind me asking)?​​

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • werewolves#6809
    werewolves#6809 Posts: 137 Arc User
    Random Question not seen asked yet.

Due to there being more players being put on a server is there any chance that the max number of people in a guild may also be increased past 200 ?

Also if there is more than one guild with same name allow them a variation of rename (but doubt this could be sorted by the 4th)
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    As Asterelle already pointed out taking coins out of AH/Bank/AS I recommend removing any posted buying/selling gold too because we are unsure how that will be handled since gold prices are different on both servers. I doubt the server will auto correct itself and automatically sell out/buy out when merged. Another thing is if you have gold on both servers I wonder how values will be merged.

From the looks of it the way it has been explained it is more of one server is being merged into another. The second servers listed on the list will be merged into the first. I find this very unfair for a lot of reasons for the largest merge (Sanctuary + Lost City). Lost City players are giving up their original names that some players had since day 1 of the release of the game and their PVP server to be merged into a PVE server. Names priority should be given to players based on their Player IDs (P-######) and whichever player has the lower id states their character was created first. Or give priority to Lost City being the first server launched on PW. Another solution would be to give the suffix to players that have been inactive for more than 1 month because a lot of players with the same name have already quit.

TL;DR
    Name priorities should be given to server/player seniority, inactive players should be given suffix and not active.

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    wishes08 wrote: »
    Due to there being more players being put on a server is there any chance that the max number of people in a guild may also be increased past 200 ?
    Servers are far from being overcrowded even merged, so no.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • akula1959
    akula1959 Posts: 1 Arc User
    My question is bit more weird: If on DW server, I have an account stash stone active, yet on RT those toons (same accts as the DW ones) do not, will this break my account stash? Or will all my toons have access to the stash, Dwers and exRTers?

Thank you.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    lawd, please merge LC and HL into one pvp server instead or at least give the people on HL the option for a free account transfer to the new east coast server. ​​
  • gohantthealmight
    gohantthealmight Posts: 61 Arc User
    >What will happen to people's character with same names.
    >Many people who joined servers for pvp will quit.
    >For some servers Time of events will change, possible that not many will make it or enjoy it.
    >Perfect World will be losing many players for any problems this merge will bring such as
    -People losing their toons.
    -Losing Interest between Force pvp and optional pvp.
    -People's concern for their items/in game belongings (Gold+EventGold).
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    mosz wrote: »
    will there be a normal/alternate way to double account stash size?

I'd like to know this as well. For years now many of us have begged for an account stash extension stone of some sort, but have never seen it. Now, people with two stashes getting merged will get one double stash.... will the rest of us get the option to upgrade to a double stash, or do we all have to quickly put a stash on another server now in order to get a larger one?

​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    glaesum wrote: »
    acblack wrote: »
    A few ideas that might work
    *hell give everyone a code to get a *free/bound/nonstashable "name change stone"
    i agree with this actually this option will save lots of time for many players
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    I hope this isn't silly to ask but what about guild that have the same name what will be done about that?
    The only GOP
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    What I am worried about is now people are already making chars with LC after their name to set them up to be something like. PlayerLCLCLCLCLCLCLC because adding LC once will already be taken so it will append another LC and then another and then another and then some poor sap will be named WadzioLCLCLCLCLCLCLCLCLC
  • mya
    mya Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I am pissed that there will not be a pvp server. I had a choice and I decided I wanted to play on a pvp server. I tried pve, and it gets really boring because all you can do most of the time is just stand there and talk. Another thing is that there are more trolls and scamming on pve server and you can never stop these people with pve.Plus I enjoy being able to kill people randomly on a pvp server. I feel that this isn't fair to the people who want to play a pvp server. I assume many other people feel this exact same way, and I will be quiting this game. Many of the people I know will be quiting as well because we hate the thought of playing on pve.

-flamebait-​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on
  • unbacano14324
    unbacano14324 Posts: 20 New User
    So let me get this straight not only are you going to mess up the connection for EASTCOAST players on harshlands but you are going to mess up the time of events.... why do you think people picked harshlands? because it works with the schedule they live by Only thing i can see fixing this is create a SERVER Transfer stone option whatever you want to call it but what type of idiot comes up with the idea to mix and mash up a EU server with an east coast server it doesn't work even if there is more population take for example me and my wife play this game on this server according to the schedule it provides so what are you trying to tell me pwi ? start over again and spend thousands of dollars again on another server that would work for the both of us because you guys are forcing an EASTCOAST SERVER with an EU SERVER WTF? BRUH bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh come on ......
  • joeisyourhero
    joeisyourhero Posts: 16 Arc User

Just because the server is PvE doesn't mean PvP does not exist. You just don't have the pleasure of randomly ganking someone nearly as much. You'll have to fight real fights.​​

But that's why we joined a pvp server; without the random ganking, how will we sustain a comfortable level of enjoyment?
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    bangbang wrote: »
    What I am worried about is now people are already making chars with LC after their name to set them up to be something like. PlayerLCLCLCLCLCLCLC because adding LC once will already be taken so it will append another LC and then another and then another and then some poor sap will be named WadzioLCLCLCLCLCLCLCLCLC

We have people on LC creating accounts on sanctuary with the same names of their arch rivals on LC just to force the names of those rivals on LC to have their names altered.
  • sylenthunder

Just because the server is PvE doesn't mean PvP does not exist. You just don't have the pleasure of randomly ganking someone nearly as much. You'll have to fight real fights.

But that's why we joined a pvp server; without the random ganking, how will we sustain a comfortable level of enjoyment?

You just find people who are white-named. If all of the Lost City players keep their PvP status, and play as they always have, then there won't be any real change in their gameplay aside from the fact that there's about 3x the number of players out there that are blue and they can't kill. PvE is about choice. I choose not to PvP. (Although I have quite a bit in the past before the power creep, and did a fair amount of RPK even on this PvE server.)

In the US, with today's gamers, PvP servers just aren't sustainable long-term with a game such as this one.
    Consider that if PWE thought that they could combine the two PvP servers and still have a healthy population mix in comparison to the other servers, wouldn't they have done that?
    We've had a couple years of posts about how dead some of these servers are. Lost City was actually unable to complete a time-limited event due to a combination of a lack of player involvement, and a small number of OP players preventing the few who tried from completing it. Logically, PWE merged the servers taking the smallest into the largest so that the new server populations are relatively balanced. This would level out hardware loads, and balances the gameplay more population-wise.

Also, welcome back after your long hiatus. normal-1.gif​​

​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User

TBH part of the appeal is the ganks, if you're the kind of person that likes PVP servers. If someone annoys you, you can kill them. If someone is a jackass, you can kill them. If someone is botting herbs, you can kill them. There is a degree of control over others activities, that you do not get on a PVE server. Some people enjoy giving others that control over them, so they too can have it over others.This is not the case on a PVE server. So the complaints are reasonable, even if I personally hate PVP servers and would quit if mine was changed. ​​

I remember once when I played on RT server some lvl 80-90 players tried to have some PK fights between them and an R9r3+12 player went there and 1 shot everyone just cause he could do that.
    I understand killing someone that is botting herbs, I understand killing someone that is a jackass but I dont understand killing someone that is weaker than you. Were is the chalange in killing someone in 1 shot? I dont see any fun in doing that.People that are doing that is just to feed up their ego. they are: '' look at me how bad **** I am and what loser that guy is cause he cannot afford the gear I have''. I am not saying that every OP player on a pvp server is doing this kind of things but I got a feeling that there are some players doing that.
    Plus I think PVP servers are more for cash shop players than for F2P players. For me it would be frustrating to have to buy gold to buy guardian scrolls over and over so I wont lose items that are not bound when I die.Especially when I am farming money for R9. If I have to do that everyday God knows when I will get my R9.
    giphy.gif

• reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The Morai/HL merge needs to be changed, it's unfair to players that have invested multiple years and lots of money/time spent farming to build their toons to a level suitable for competing in nw,rw,tw, pvp etc. All of the time/money invested into our toons on HL will be pointless if we can't attend events at reasonable times or miss them completely.

To any of the Morai players excited about the merge just remember you're not gaining much considering many will quit and those that do stay are playing against you at a disadvantage due to a much higher ping than yours. Also the few that do stay will be offline when most of you are online. It will be like having a room mate that works nights and you work days. You might see each other on the passing but that's about it.
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    reaperarm1 wrote: »
    [...]
    To any of the Morai players excited about the merge just remember you're not gaining much [...]

Honestly I think that most Morai players are not that excited and just don't care. EU server is far from being deserted at the moment (I personnaly think that, for example, 150 people by nation in current NW is fine and 220-300 would be too much)
    And regarding the ping you can't really know. With my old connection I played more than two years with 400-500Ms ping minima during TW/NW. Since I have my new connection, my average ping is something like 40-80ms on Morai and 60-100 on HL. So there is not a big difference for me between the two and it's more related to the quality of your internet connection rather than just were the server is located (besides, you can't be sure that the server will stay in Europe anyway)
    You're right about everything related to server time though.
  • reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    zoldickun wrote: »
    [...]
    To any of the Morai players excited about the merge just remember you're not gaining much [...]

Honestly I think that most Morai players are not that excited and just don't care. EU server is far from being deserted at the moment (I personnaly think that, for example, 150 people by nation in current NW is fine and 220-300 would be too much)
    And regarding the ping you can't really know. With my old connection I played more than two years with 400-500Ms ping minima during TW/NW. Since I have my new connection, my average ping is something like 40-80ms on Morai and 60-100 on HL. So there is not a big difference for me between the two and it's more related to the quality of your internet connection rather than just were the server is located (besides, you can't be sure that the server will stay in Europe anyway)
    You're right about everything related to server time though.

Sadly When I started HL back in 2009 I lived near the East coast but now i've moved out west but my ping is still good (since I do have good Internet service) and the event times were still at a good time for me. If the server (and i'm pretty sure it will be) is located across seas my ping is done for, even with a good ISP that kind of distance will create noticeable lag for me. This is'nt anyones problem but my own though. I would of switched to a west coast server had I not already invested many years into HL before moving. With the increased distance if the server is based across seas i'll have no choice but to just not play since a 600+ ping is too high for my liking and really makes the game unenjoyable combined with event times that clash with my rl schedule.
  • altamira111
    altamira111 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    First of all, I'd like to give my thanks/regards for the first good decision of PWE/ARC in the last decade. Merging servers as we demanded before is a terrific idea (though we concluded that this would certainly fail). I got four issues on the matter if you find them valuable enough to answer.

1. Yet I would really like to inform you all that since you haven't stopped new account/character creation for the time being, everyone is creating new characters in sanctuary server so that the other person they dislike/hate etc can get a LC suffix to their name. Since the real name holder won't have the character, they can never change back to their original name which they had maybe more then 6-7 years. If you are going to put suffix, why don't you put on all servers so you will sell more of that 32$ name change equip and would be more fair to all. I can hear the hate rising against my unpopular idea but a lot of my friends have the same problem and some already opened a new character in sanctuary to protect their names or at least to get it back.

2. Please keep in mind that Lost City was a PVP server. There are max geared and stat'ed non-PVE but purely PVP players who only enjoy RW, NW, TW and PVP. As you can see in your data that, those people are the main cash shoppers since they literally don't do pve/farming. Are you ready to lose those people after merge by forcing them to stay at a PVE server?

3. What will happen if the merge fails? How long will it take to reverse the system back to previous state? Have you teamed up a special CR team just for the merge errors who have the knowledge on how to respond? Those details should not be hold back if you don't want to have a major decrease in active players. We all know that merge is a hard as hell job for you guys yet more then most of the PWE/ARC employees, we have spend our years in this game so it is ours more than yours. Be clear to us if possible.

4. 3 Month TW schedule is really bad since we don't have 12 lands in total. Either increase the date back to 6 months or increase possible tw bidding per faction.

Regards and good luck
    Ygt | Earthguard Seek | LC
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Copying pasta from another thread since this thread isnt banished to the depths of the forums:

I have been told that when Russian servers merged the account stash got expanded too, however once u took the items out of your account stash u lost the extra slot aswell until u were left with the original amount of slots, could someone reconfirm it does actually permanently increase your slots?

With this I am ofcourse asking @enelimm @mintsummer :) hope you can confirm
  • tet
    tet Posts: 73 Arc User
    Sadly When I started HL back in 2009 I lived near the East coast but now i've moved out west but my ping is still good (since I do have good Internet service) and the event times were still at a good time for me. If the server (and i'm pretty sure it will be) is located across seas my ping is done for, even with a good ISP that kind of distance will create noticeable lag for me. This is'nt anyones problem but my own though. I would of switched to a west coast server had I not already invested many years into HL before moving. With the increased distance if the server is based across seas i'll have no choice but to just not play since a 600+ ping is too high for my liking and really makes the game unenjoyable combined with event times that clash with my rl schedule.

Distance between me and server is >9000km airline distance. Between me and the server are the whole Atlantic and 1.5 continents. But my ping is 250-300ms. No need to panic. For real competitive PvP you have to go to LAN parties, PWI isn't serious ESport.

Btw, they did upgrade the east coast servers just a few weeks ago.
    Most likely they will close the European server and transfer the data to the new east coast server.
    They have almost no employees in Europe anyway, they laid most of them off already a half year ago.
  • sylenthunder
    dingo488 wrote: »
    Copying pasta from another thread since this thread isnt banished to the depths of the forums:

I have been told that when Russian servers merged the account stash got expanded too, however once u took the items out of your account stash u lost the extra slot aswell until u were left with the original amount of slots, could someone reconfirm it does actually permanently increase your slots?

With this I am, of course, asking @enelimm @mintsummer :) hope you can confirm

The Russian servers are just licensed. They aren't at all set up the way PWI is, and will be handled differently.
    It would be nice if they did remain larger, but I can see where it would also be possible for them to shrink as you stated.

Unfortunately, we won't know until either A. Someone tries it, or B. Someone who already knows responds. Knowing PWE, no one will know until we, the players, find out for ourselves.​​

​​
This discussion has been closed.