Server Merge FAQ

Comments

• mintsummer
    mintsummer Posts: 125 admin
    If there is any event sensitive to time zone, we will try to schedule it multiple times so that most players can have fun. Meanwhile, we are working on multiple time slots of TW/ Cross Server PVP/NW. Stay Tuned!
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    enelimm wrote: »
    I've unlocked the account stash on both servers; what will happen to it?

Both account stashes will be merged into a single, double-sized account stash.

Will it be possible to double size your account stash AFTER the merge take place, for those who only have account stash on one of the servers?

​​
  • latys
    latys Posts: 3 Arc User
    I want to transfer my Character(s) to another Server. When will it finally be possible?

Also how come the community gets zero impact in such heavy decisions? Even if they could only choose the new Severname. At least give them some influece. The communication between pwe and player seems non existent, which is sad.
  • darkbarium
    darkbarium Posts: 2 Arc User
    What are you waiting to traslate al least the forum in Italian ? you racist ? >:)
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    mintsummer wrote: »
    Meanwhile, we are working on multiple time slots of TW/ Cross Server PVP/NW. Stay Tuned!
    So it will be a weekly event? Not permanently available server? =\
    Can you answer please about the possibility to remake pairs of servers to merge? Is there any sense to talk about it now?

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • shtalenkov
    shtalenkov Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    enelimm, please, keep 6 month for TW reset as in the past! 3 month is too short period! 1/3 of this period is TWs vs mobs! You are destroying all TW fun. Don't do it please! Six month is best period.
  • fongseijuk
    fongseijuk Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    For me, i will stop supporting PW/arc if i am forced to play on a PVE server, period.
    Other than that i can take all the other changes.

PLC, Harshlands
    Sin 105, 105, 104
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    A 3 month TW season will pretty much kill TW. Need more time for factions to expand and fight each other. Many times its very late in the season before we start to see good tw.
    m5arXCN.png
  • dylan4893
    dylan4893 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I made a char on the moria server i keep getting disconnected because i am in the usa and the server my pc is trying to connect to is to far away cant we choose if we want to switch servers or not
  • acblack
    acblack Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    A few ideas that might work

Regarding names and adding suffix - why not just give all LC or RT or w/e -give them (1)
    free/ bound/ nonstashable "name change stone" so they can change their name to something they want instead of a forced suffix
    *hell give everyone a code to get a *free/bound/nonstashable "name change stone"

Regarding server times and events - why not have events at multiple times so .... 8pm events on "A" server happen at 8pm on all servers and then again 8 hours later at 4 am and and then 8 hours later at 12 noon (3 times to participate)
    *only exception would be for cross server

Regarding 3 month TW season - I like the idea because its a compressed time - average football season or baseball season or w/e lasts a few months - 1-2 TW per weekend x 4 weekends per month = 4-8 x 3 months = 12-24 and could be more. The other thing to consider is that combining servers is going to bring more TWing and competition to the map with more Pro TW factions instead of a bunch of partime TW factions
    *only issue is that PW get on the ball and make TW reset when its supposed to and get rewards out in timely fashion.

• jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Oh trust me dear HL friends..the ones that wanna PvP will be white all the time. If all else fails I fight you guys all day long. Alone if I must :D The more active PvPers we get in Dawnglory the better it is. Please don't disappoint me guys. I have challanges. Alot of them <3

Thanks for the great post Enel and ty too Mintsummer. Multiple scheduled Event times sounds awesome. If that is possible it would be extremely nice :D
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Oh trust me dear HL friends..the ones that wanna PvP will be white all the time. If all else fails I fight you guys all day long. Alone if I must :D The more active PvPers we get in Dawnglory the better it is. Please don't disappoint me guys. I have challanges. Alot of them <3

Thanks for the great post Enel and ty too Mintsummer. Multiple scheduled Event times sounds awesome. If that is possible it would be extremely nice :D

idk how it is on a pwi pvp server, but in other mmos a pvp server had more than a lets pk at west dynamic, it effected group relations, heirarchies and such for events, where here people can just go blue name and be asses without consequence, i empathize for LC
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    @mintsummer the biggest question i got is: When you are transfered and we got the suffix on our Name (For example my character is called Toast and on Morai there is also a character named Toast i get the "HL" suffix on my name) will the characters who got it get a chance to rename their character WITHOUT buying (thats the big part: buying) a name change stone from the boutique?

So i can eventually get my name back or choose a name without the suffix in my name.
    ​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • shade13
    We have 2 pvp servers, perfect for merging and saving pvp status. Why have you decided what is decided? normal-27.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • mintsummer
    mintsummer Posts: 125 admin
    acblack wrote: »

Regarding names and adding suffix - why not just give all LC or RT or w/e -give them (1)
    free/ bound/ nonstashable "name change stone" so they can change their name to something they want instead of a forced suffix
    *hell give everyone a code to get a *free/bound/nonstashable "name change stone"

Regarding server times and events - why not have events at multiple times so .... 8pm events on "A" server happen at 8pm on all servers and then again 8 hours later at 4 am and and then 8 hours later at 12 noon (3 times to participate)

Regarding 3 month TW season - I like the idea because its a compressed time - average football season or baseball season or w/e lasts a few months - 1-2 TW per weekend x 4 weekends per month = 4-8 x 3 months = 12-24 and could be more. The other thing to consider is that combining servers is going to bring more TWing and competition to the map with more Pro TW factions instead of a bunch of partime TW factions
    *only issue is that PW get on the ball and make TW reset when its supposed to and get rewards out in timely fashion.
    Doable
    Doable
    Doable.
    LOL, everyone in PWI, we take it seriously and we are working on those things you mentioned here --even more!

• glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User

It wont be best options. Coz this code will one per account (so other characters with "XX" will keep their "XX") or multi-code (so characters on account w.o. "XX" would be able to change their names "for free").

Best option (imao) -> send bond stone to ALL character which names will be changed.
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • glaesum
    glaesum Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    mintsummer, I understand you likely has not got authority to answer on that kind of question, but at least can you bring this issue to someone who's able to make a decision ?
    Nec sutor ultra crepidam
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    shade13 wrote: »
    We have 2 pvp servers, perfect for merging and saving pvp status. Why have you decided what is decided? normal-27.gif​​

I suspect it was done based on server populations. PVP servers were smallest and got merged with the largest PVE servers. While merging the two PVP servers makes sense for daily activities, they would get destroyed in all cross-server events by the other servers with much larger populations.
  • shade13
    edited July 2015
    capnk wrote: »
    I suspect it was done based on server populations. PVP servers were smallest and got merged with the largest PVE servers. While merging the two PVP servers makes sense for daily activities, they would get destroyed in all cross-server events by the other servers with much larger populations.
    But it's really not fair towards the ppl who picked server for this option (better to say for absense of this option). After all, events end and no one cares much about how they ended. Have you often see ppl being frustrated their nation lost in nw for more than an hour?
    Cross server TWs will apparently have players limit per instance, 'cause one just cannot let whole thousand into one instance. NW- same
    I can understand the intention, but it's people playing, why not let them decide?
    As they said, those events will take place only in certain time, I suspect, NW-like, some ppl won't attend, some won't care, but we are all losing our pvp status, which affects everyone.
    Besides you never know how many ppl will be active on events due to new time zones.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • tuffgirl
    tuffgirl Posts: 2 Arc User
    First of all a merge was a great idea to add some life back into this game and I hope most people are exicited about this coming. But 6 years of game play on a east coast server being changed to a eu is gonna be hard on me, and I am feeling this game is forcing me out. I made the mistake when I started playing this game( first game I ever played and just went where a friend was) of joining a east coast server, and I live on the west coast. I managed to get use to the schedule and make it work for me but to think I am going to be like 8 or 9 hrs behind now is crazy. I don't think its right that this choice was made and we are forced to play in a different time zone and I am sure people like myself that have happen to spend a lot of money on there toons, are feeling pretty **** cause if I didn't want to tw and nw I could have been happy in my r8 gear. Personally I never been one to write tickets or cause a stir, and don't really want to start now, but how can you even do this, where was the thought process, let us understand why this and maybe it will make us a little more understanding right now a lot are taking it as f u harshlands, take away the pvp take away your time zone, we couldn't careless about you and who cares how much money you have and keep giving us. I hope they re-think this, or make this work somehow cause I love the idea of a bunch of new people to fight and quest and farm with, but also feel like it might be best not to waste anymore time on a game that couldn't even give us a choice took my money and threw me somewhere that I couldn't enjoy it anymore.
  • jsxshadow
    I woul dbe the last to say: "Damn, I dont want a pvp server!" Heck, I would love it. So many ppl have been blue forever that I always wanted to fight but then again it would be a forced fight and thus not really a challange I guess. The best fights also happen between the ppl that really wanna fight. Those people will still fight nvm if the server is pve or pvp.

Ya, they totally mixed the servers due to population which makes sense. Obviously the PWE guys are taking this very seriously and yes I know..it wasnt always like that so it is hard to believe, especially for ppl like me that have been around for so many years but lets just give them a chance. Be open for a change. Maybe you all will be way happier than before esp if you are PvP lovers. Even on PvE server there are most likely alot of PvP-Loving players that would be awesome to fight. Just think about it like this. Instead of thinking about how PvP would decrease possibly...think about how you can fight new amazing ppl. At least thats what I'm really looking forward to. Don't e so negative. Give em chance :)
  • shade13
    edited July 2015
    Be open for a change.
    It's so so easy to say when it's not you who is affected. You only benefit from this. No name change, no state switching, no time shift, of course you are happy and open to changes, I would be surprised if you wasn't.

​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • oreowarrior
    oreowarrior Posts: 71 Arc User
    I woul dbe the last to say: "Damn, I dont want a pvp server!" Heck, I would love it. So many ppl have been blue forever that I always wanted to fight but then again it would be a forced fight and thus not really a challange I guess. The best fights also happen between the ppl that really wanna fight. Those people will still fight nvm if the server is pve or pvp.

Ya, they totally mixed the servers due to population which makes sense. Obviously the PWE guys are taking this very seriously and yes I know..it wasnt always like that so it is hard to believe, especially for ppl like me that have been around for so many years but lets just give them a chance. Be open for a change. Maybe you all will be way happier than before esp if you are PvP lovers. Even on PvE server there are most likely alot of PvP-Loving players that would be awesome to fight. Just think about it like this. Instead of thinking about how PvP would decrease possibly...think about how you can fight new amazing ppl. At least thats what I'm really looking forward to. Don't e so negative. Give em chance :)

how late do you play joe?
    i wont be able to play on thurs-sat till after midnight for yall. Normally, id be stoked at having someone like urself as an opponent, but with the time difference, it cant happen. Thats why i want it changed, at least to a more equal time for everyone. Anyway, heres hoping i get to fight you. at some point at least. :smile:
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Doable
    Doable
    Doable.
    LOL, everyone in PWI, we take it seriously and we are working on those things you mentioned here --even more!

really? we heard the same thing said about multiple server tiems for events 8 years ago, when there was no euro server and it was suppose to be international,

so questions:

just because it is doable does PWE have anyone competant enough currently hired to do it?

follow up: if such a person exists are they currently programming amazing things for less than 5 other games, meaning will they conceivable have enough time to finish such a fear before they realize they need to be paid more and either quit or get tired for a cheap intern?

we know 99.999% of our requests are doable, but we also know that PWE actually does <1% of them, so stating something is doable means....nothing to us, really it doesnt

the only thing in the last years i can think of that you listened to was the 9mil note being removed

1. and yet other gms kept saying never never impossibru!
    2.can you (not a player i mean specifically pwe staff or you) even name an event that has been made to be multi times? even though its been promised for 8+years
    3.this ill give credit, you might actually listen to, you might realize that that granted number of factions and lands that tw reset period maybe should be changed a bit- some level minded calulcations and debates, maybe a poll, could be conducted *yes i know polls get skewed, but although forums nerds realize the pwi knowledge heirarchy and recognize the dozen or so people that contribute truelly intelligently, pwe has in all these years not realized this, mods are...theoretically this but not really;; pwi could really use a "cabinet" of knowledged players for such decisions) [ if pwe had enough staff and effort they could track in a given tw season: # of land attackers, # of pvp land attackers, how long before map is controlled by x(3-5?) factions, and maybe 1 or 2 more stats before deciding a semi optimal time for tw reset period, hell if someone went through the weekly TW map screenshots this could be figured out in a few hours...)

./end rant
  • darek1
    darek1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    If there is any event sensitive to time zone, we will try to schedule it multiple times so that most players can have fun. Meanwhile, we are working on multiple time slots of TW/ Cross Server PVP/NW. Stay Tuned!

And why you could not do it like 3 and more years earlier when it was suggested?
  • lucidfantasy
    lucidfantasy Posts: 5 Arc User
    I don't know if it's been stated already, but will we be getting an extended FL (and BL for those few that need it :# ) with all of this?
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    capnk wrote: »

This. When we have server vs. server events PVP servers would be dominated by sheer number and size of PVE population.
    darek1 wrote: »
    And why you could not do it like 3 and more years earlier when it was suggested?

10m says it takes time, planning and money. And a little motivation.
  • jsxshadow
    Be open for a change.
    It's so so easy to say when it's not you who is affected. You only benefit from this. No name change, no state switching, no time shift, of course you are happy and open to changes, I would be surprised if you wasn't.

​​

Ya but I dont really mind. If there would've been the possibility to switch your char to another server then I would've done that already to fight anyone in the entire game. I don't mind staying up late to enjoy the fun :)

how late do you play joe?
    i wont be able to play on thurs-sat till after midnight for yall. Normally, id be stoked at having someone like urself as an opponent, but with the time difference, it cant happen. Thats why i want it changed, at least to a more equal time for everyone. Anyway, heres hoping i get to fight you. at some point at least. :smile:

I play at the time neccessary to get good fights, idm really :) I'm so itching for new ppl to fight heck...np to program my alarm clock and get up on your time :P
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    I don't know if pwi can do this, because knowing pwi's history of coding failure for 6 years, this is a big one, however it will solve the time zone issue.
    For the morai/HL server, custom make every event that normally happens monday through friday, which is tiger, FOA (COA), Jungle event, Thursday tournament, and NW happen 2-3 times a day. However a system must be created to recognize if a person has done the event for the day already or not. This way each person can do the event once per account (and only once) at a time which would benefit them. For instance tiger event will be at 8am, 2pm, and 8pm server time and I can choose to attend one of those three times.

For TW, since we will have a huge abbundance of big factions this will work,: Make Forced time slots.
    Explaination: Guilds can choose between 3 different time slots in which they will participate in tws, say for instance 2pm, 8pm, and 2am. You can choose two of those three time slots that would accommodate your guild best, the rest of the tw system will be untouched. Using this system, the morai players can choose 2pm and 8pm, and the HL players can choose 8pm and 2am and that way there is effectively no change to the tw times for anyone. Problem solved.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • hockey57
    hockey57 Posts: 35 Arc User
    Making pvp server people switch to a pve server is ****. Most of us are only here still for the open map pvp.​​
This discussion has been closed.