Why PWI, Why?

jadasia
jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
Why can't I log into my old forum account and use the same username as my character like I did in the old forum? I cannot change my screen name in ARC to my character name thus I can't change my screen name to my character name in this forum. What a disgrace.

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Because it's linked to our forum accounts now rather than every last character having it's own forum name. tiger-4.gif At least yours is pretty close.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And then there's people that have to deal with their embarrassing usernames they made when they were younglings. fox-18.gif
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    And then there's people that have to deal with their embarrassing usernames they made when they were younglings. fox-18.gif

Fortunately, you aren't one because with your sig and avatar the name totally fits... if we pretend that Horo just happens to be a veno and can be both a cat AND a fluffy wolf... and fox!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    I started to post from alt account purely because of my main accounts shetty username... at least I have a lil character with this name, though not one i play that much, but at least I always liked her name xD its, different...
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    opkossy wrote: »

Fortunately, you aren't one because with your sig and avatar the name totally fits... if we pretend that Horo just happens to be a veno and can be both a cat AND a fluffy wolf... and fox!

Haha, well... XD I should have picked an alt account too... but.. my other accounts' usernames aren't that much better. fox-19.gif

• opkossy
    Good thing I was posting on default even back when I wasn't a mod so I'm COMPLETELY unaffected either way. fox-2.giffox-2.gif
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    Lucky Duck. I'm glad I'm a mod so I had to make a new one anyway. But a bit disappointed my cleric can't post anymore. fox-42.gif

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    Lucky Duck. I'm glad I'm a mod so I had to make a new one anyway. But a bit disappointed my cleric can't post anymore. fox-42.gif

Quack!
  • opkossy
    edited June 2015
    truekossy wrote: »

Quack!

Quiet, you! Look at how I don't need to match your post count anymore! fox-35.gif
  • terryu
    terryu Posts: 52 Arc User
    Yea, pretty much same thing here. Although, toward the dying end of the old pwi forums I tried to switch to post on my main characters name, and it kept resulting in database errors. This name isn't that bad but I wish I could post as my main, orz.
    terrytini (Mystic)
    - Tempest (Tideswell Server)
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Because it's linked to our forum accounts now rather than every last character having it's own forum name. tiger-4.gif At least yours is pretty close.

Actually I registered a new account just for this name. My username includes my real first and last name which is something I don't want made public. I had no idea what I would name my character when I registered back in 2008 or 2009. This username just happens to be the same as the one I use for the star wars mmo I haven't messed with for a year. I suppose I shouldn't complain about it much.
  • eiledon
    eiledon Posts: 90 Arc User
    I had already lost my Shulkie details a while back on the old forums when I tried to update her avatar and ended up with my account reverting back to it's default, so I had my rage then over lost titles etc