test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150304a.3

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
Classes and Balance
  • General
    • An assortment of feat icons across all classes have been adjusted to increase clarity.
    • New Class Features: Each class now correctly has a class feature unlocking at 65. Existing characters may want to respec if they experience issues purchasing or slotting powers.
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Fox's Cunning: Rank 4 of this power no longer makes the player invulnerable and is correctly removed after each hit.
    • Gushing Wound: This power no longer causes an infinite loop with weapon enchants.
  • Oathbound Paladin
    • Banishment: Rank 4 Banishment now cleans up correctly when expiring.
    • Cure Wounds: This heal can no longer be improperly deflected.
    • Divine Call energy is no longer emptied upon dying.
  • Scourge Warlock: Feats: Dark Revelry: This feat now grants Power as expected.

Enemies
  • Named enemies in Elemental Evil have had their difficulty increased.

Items and Economy
  • Heroic Encounter Rewards are now clamped to level 60 values if earned then.
  • Lowered the overall item level of the quest rewards from Elemental Evil content.
  • Pure Terror Enchant no longer does 10 times the damage it should.

Content and Environment
  • Elemental Evil: Slightly reduced the amount of gold and experience non instance quests give.
  • Epic Lair of Lostmauth and Kessell's Retreat now properly require level 70.
  • Epic Lair of Lostmauth, The Shores of Tuern Epic, and Kessell's Retreat now show the correct minimum item level in their descriptions.
  • Epic Skirmish queues will now place at least one tank and healer into each party.
  • The non-epic versions of Lair of Lostmauth and Shores of Tuern are no longer available.
  • The first tier of endgame dungeons and skirmishes now require a minimum Item Level of 1600, down from 1700.
  • Sharandar: Reduced costs for early parts of Sharandar campaign to bring the campaign more into line with later ones.
  • Valindra's Tower: Reduced the total number of enemies in this dungeon.
  • You many now only have up to 4 hourly vigilance quests down from 5.

User Interface
  • Artifacts and Enchantments now display their Item Level.
  • Drowned Shore and Reclamation Rock are now pulled away more from Black Dagger Ruins and Helm's Hold respectively.
  • Health bar trim for Heroic Encounter enemies is now larger to make them more distinguishable from regular enemies.
  • Queues now properly support Oathbound Paladin roles in all cases.
  • There is now a notification when you are being level scaled.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    wow still no new sets
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for all our the many PMs I have received about issues you felt we needed to address before launch.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    wow still no new sets

Specifically what new sets? New sets for end game gear? PvP sets?
    edited March 2015
    panderus wrote: »

so far all we have are pvp sets with set bonuses
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Glad to see the Terror fix , tidy patch this week.

Thanks for all our the many PMs I have received about issues you felt we needed to address before launch.

Great call by you and the team to delay launch , gutsy and probably difficult decision.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015

PvE sets earned via dungeons. What's the plan for these?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Highly interested in that myself... :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    • The non-epic versions of Lair of Lostmauth and Shores of Tuern are no longer available.

What about the items that dropped there? Can they still be acquired somewhere else for the collection?
    edited March 2015

+2 extremely interested about this too , the lvl 70 selection of epic pve gear available before today's patch is somewhat lacking , only 4 sets in total all crafted and all still missing their set bonuses and barely any information at all about new lvl 70 dungeon/campaign sets.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You many now only have up to 4 hourly vigilance quests down from 5.
    Each set of quest-givers typically had 5 available Vigilance Tasks per hour, so the old limit of 5 was a good fit. Oh well, most areas had reasonable backtracking time (except Sea Hag's Hold).
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
    edited March 2015
    nwoun1 wrote: »
    What about the items that dropped there? Can they still be acquired somewhere else for the collection?

I don't believe they will be available any more, no.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    wow still no new sets

Been several threads and questions but back in Jan it was stated and I was taking a long break. But here is a recap for gentlmancrush stating about new gear sets.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?831701-Official-Feedback-Thread-Stat-Changes&p=10011081#post10011081
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't believe they will be available any more, no.

Interesting. Is this also true for other (level 60) gear?
  • rodrant64rodrant64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Items and Economy
    • Heroic Encounter Rewards are now clamped to level 60 values if earned then.

Oh well. :(
    Just call me Rod. Member of Grievance!
    CW: Rodrant Turnbul
    TR: Rodran
    DC: Rodrat
    GWF: ROARdrant TurnBRAWL
    Other GWF: Shieldrant
    HR: Bowdrant
    SW: Wardrant Turnlock (my main!)
    OP: Paladrant (on Preview!)
    edited March 2015
    cayapp wrote: »
    Been several threads and questions but back in Jan it was stated and I was taking a long break. But here is a recap for gentlmancrush stating about new gear sets.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?831701-Official-Feedback-Thread-Stat-Changes&p=10011081#post10011081
    so let see if i understand this the pvp comunity get new lv sets with bonuses that they get to buy as soon as mod 6 goes live but the pve people dont this cant be right
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2015

None of the new sets (except elemental) have set bonus. New Black ice gear is weird and has no tenacity or weapons available. and its called elven...
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
    edited March 2015
    rodrant64 wrote: »
    Oh well. :(

yup, lesson learned ;)
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I believe you're taking that out of context. He's not saying there won't be any new PvE dungeon sets, only they won't make us nearly as powerful as we are now...the progression curve is going to be steeper so that PvE content remains challenging longer.

So the question to Panderus is "What type of PvE equipment is dropping from Level 70 dungeons?"
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited March 2015
    lwedar wrote: »
    None of the new sets (except elemental) have set bonus. New Black ice gear is weird and has no tenacity or weapons available. and its called elven...

well it is at least bought with glory and coins they all ready have so they will have a HUGE advantage over everyone else
    i sudgest they have to farm new coins at least lv 60 coins/ glory shouldnt be for lv 70 gear
  • brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So the question to Panderus is "What type of PvE equipment is dropping from Level 70 dungeons?"

That's indeed the question all players are asking.... And i'm pretty much afraid to not see anything about it till now...

In fact, i'm afraid to just see blue and green trash from epic dungeons, as we used to see where there was MC and VT, but with maybe a bit more drop chance in fragments and artifacts, who knows? Maybe some RP at the chest...

i would really love to see updated T2!
    edited March 2015
    well it is at least bought with glory and coins they all ready have so they will have a HUGE advantage over everyone else
    i sudgest they have to farm new coins at least lv 60 coins/ glory shouldnt be for lv 70 gear

same pvp then you should be allowed to use same currency. PvP didn't get any new content :)
    edited March 2015
    lwedar wrote: »
    same pvp then you should be allowed to use same currency. PvP didn't get any new content :)

wow so pvp is the only ones that dont have to farm new lv 70 content to get gear
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I believe you're taking that out of context. He's not saying there won't be any new PvE dungeon sets, only they won't make us nearly as powerful as we are now...the progression curve is going to be steeper so that PvE content remains challenging longer.

See the second part./..in particular this "We will eventually be releasing gear that gets you back there, but not at launch of module 6. One of our primary goals with the new curves was give us better control over an end game progression and a long"

So definitely not out of context but need to read his entire post.
    edited March 2015
    See the second part./..in particular this "We will eventually be releasing gear that gets you back there, but not at launch of module 6. One of our primary goals with the new curves was give us better control over an end game progression and a long"

well then they changed there mind because pvp sets have bonuses and are all ready out but nothing about pve sets with bonuses
    edited March 2015

Yeah but surely the reworked lvl 70 dungeons must have gear drops ,otherwise what is the point in even going near them? unless they pay out some ridiculous amount of RP or something lol , plus I imagine people will probably expect gear of at least the equivalent quality to drop from pve as can be bought from pvping.
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2015

the point is why should we do the level 70 dungeons if there is no gear listed for it.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited March 2015

I will ask this way, r u planing to have this BI set (elven assult/warden) as new end game? So r u planing to force us to farm BI like crazy monkeys (with current refining amount of BI its a sad joke, i hope some1 will put u to those tasks, so u will understand), or maybe those other elven sets without even 4/4 in collection r our new end game? or maybe those r61 in WoD? What is droping in those new r70 epic dungs? plates? cups? new forks worth amazing 51 silver? U dare to use "endgame" in ur post, while we dont even have a shadow of endgame in this game? Or is this a well keept secred, to surprise us all (like this "surprise" with pvp a bit ago)?

Would u be so nice, and give us some specific piece of information? For now we r testing a rack of this clock...

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• imit8rimit8r Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Content and Environment
    -Epic Skirmish queues will now place at least one tank and healer into each party.

How is the "system" recognizing roles? Since GWFs, GFs and OPs can all be tanks, and DCs, SWs, and OPs can all be healers.... Problem is that the GWFs for instance can be DPS, and not tanks, and SWs can be DPS and not Healers... But if the content is designed around having a tank and healer but the que fills the tank and healer slots with DPS how will a win happen? I know in current content healers and tanks are not really needed, but it looks like it will be. Any elaboration would be appreciated.
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Exactly - as it stands, there's no incentive to run any PVE stuff at all when M6 launches when you can farm all the linus and glory right now. This needs to change. Or did I miss something that makes running rehashed dungeons worth the pots, kits and time? Bear in mind I'm not talking about mindless trash killing to accumulate RP.

Edit: Wow, yeah, there's Kessell's offering heaps of BI to refine. Yay!
    edited March 2015
    right now pve players have 4 new artifact gear to refinemain hand ,off hand neck, and belt but no armor set for them that has a set bonus we have to make bi gear or use lv 60 gear (and that wont work)right now i feel the devs are still a LONG way from releasing mod 6 (not even 3 weeks will do)
This discussion has been closed.