test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It's time to do away with "the Undodgeable"s.

Comments

• Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    lenthow wrote: »
    LOL, now that I know who you are in game, Luusi Loyalar.. We made you rage pretty hard last night in domination when you claimed it was 2v5 and that you had worthless pugs..

Now I understand why you think CW's suck.. You are a BiS CW and you are page 16.. My poorly geared TR and HR are both better.. gg.. GL once you have to time your Icy Rays

Please do not ever talk about High end pvp, you are BiS CW on page 16 and get rocked by 14kers

Again, please do not take PUG matches seriously. Too much RNG involving whether your PUG teammates can play or not. It is laughable that people brag about winning PUG matches when they don't mean anything

How about you guys set up a premade 5v5? I'm sure macjae can get his guildmates to join in, why don't you as well and maybe you can experience your first premade vs premade?
  • Options
    lenthowlenthow Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2014
    Again, please do not take PUG matches seriously. Too much RNG involving whether your PUG teammates can play or not. It is laughable that people brag about winning PUG matches when they don't mean anything

How about you guys set up a premade 5v5? I'm sure macjae can get his guildmates to join in, why don't you as well and maybe you can experience your first premade vs premade?

My first premade? lol.. I do premades on the reg and invited Macjae to IWD, no companions, and he refused. BiS CW on page 16 getting rocked by 14k gsers.. gg.. Don't ever talk about high end pvp again please. Thanks

Page 16 leaderboard scrubs. New guild name.

Unfortunately, even doing premades you get matched up against horrible competition more often than not. Most the time it is premade vs partial premade w pugs. Like this morning when our premade was rolling over lesser GS teams and getting backwards progression on leaderboard even though we were winning. I typically find better matches, through pugging, even if it is me on the losing end.
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My first premade? lol.. I do premades on the reg and invited Macjae to IWD, no companions, and he refused. BiS CW on page 16 getting rocked by 14k gsers.. gg.. Don't ever talk about high end pvp again please. Thanks

Page 16 leaderboard scrubs. New guild name.

Unfortunately, even doing premades you get matched up against horrible competition more often than not. Most the time it is premade vs partial premade w pugs. Like this morning when our premade was rolling over lesser GS teams and getting backwards progression on leaderboard even though we were winning. I typically find better matches, through pugging, even if it is me on the losing end.

No offense, but you have rank 6s, blue artifacts, 28K HP and very low damage Brutal bow. Macjae has 40K HP and is BiS. What is there to be seen? What do you want to test?

Also Leaderboard means nothing because people disconnect from losses so they are not dropping. You need to farm PvP quite hard to go up, and do duo runs because full premades will drop you further, so if you play less you will not be that high.

If any BiS CW would come test stuff with you you will die in half a rotation since you miss the gear to make the class work properly.

Then you will come to the forums and complain. With 28K Hp.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014

Inviting someone to IWD is not a premade by the way.

Please stop bragging about beating another team in a PUG PVP match, that's all I said because it means very little.

You realize what organized premade is right? Both teams queue at the same time and PM each other when both team's queue pops. That way, you both will be guaranteed to face each other. When your premade beats his premade, that's when you talk about it.

Otherwise, you bragging about pug matches mean very little.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    What is there to be seen? What do you want to test?
    Also Leaderboard means nothing because people disconnect from losses so they are not dropping. You need to farm PvP quite hard to go up, and do duo runs because full premades will drop you further, so if you play less you will not be that high.

If any BiS CW would come test stuff with you you will die in half a rotation since you miss the gear to make the class work properly.

Then you will come to the forums and complain. With 28K Hp.

Actually, we ended up in IWD, no companions for me.. The fights came down to who got the jump on the other one first. Like I said.. I beat most other combat HR's that are within reasonable range of my GS, depending on their skill level.

Other BiS CW's can toast a 14k gs pretty easy mode, which explains why Macjae thinks CW's are middle of the pack pvp class. Me calling him out to IWD had nothing to do with testing Icy Rays which is already known to be Undodgeable as the system designer GC already confirmed, but more to do with him talking smack about high end pvp, when even though he has 6k gs more than me.. I can 1v1 him 50% of the time and he is lower than my 14k gser on the board. The problem isn't that CW's are weak.. Sometimes it just comes down to the user.
  • Options
    thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I haven't addressed them directly because I already fixed them locally (they are resistsed/dodged/etc) and that should be in some upcoming build. It'll be in the patch notes soon, but as the thing I could address as not being fixed was Piercing Blade so I opted to post about that (and Icy Rays after digging into it). We do read the forums, and we do make changes responding to feedback. Remember that I do have features for upcoming modules to work on as well :)

Thank you all for your continued Feedback!

Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer

Thank you! Applause!
    Like really thank you reading forum and starting to respond. And finally admiting issues with "Icy Rays after digging into it".
    And if you fixed it locally please tell us. So that there would be no cry about it as much. Even if it will be in 3+ patch.
    PS can you please make Ice Rays really dodgable not depending on bugs latency and rooting in middle of dodge animation?
  • Options
    cryptfoundationcryptfoundation Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was talking about GF and Shield, but GWF with their permaImmunity Sprint/Unstoppable is a good example as well.

HR still has the advantage over CWs, especially on a node - even with the nerfs, and even without Constrictive. If the area it's larger and CW can kite, there is actually balance at equal gear&skill between these classes.

The real issue for HR and Icy Rays comes from the fact that if a CW can IR you, his teammates will probably kill you while you are rooted.

But then again: should you be able to 1vs2?

PS:

- in Mod 3, my HR was GODMODE vs CWs, primarily due to Constrictive/Disruptive permaCC. That was not fair. I could kill the best BiS CWs in the game without losing much, if any HP. Things are better now, balance wise.
    - Icy rays is even a bigger issue for guess what class? Control Wizard. Yes, we cannot escape it, and we die a lot because of it as well, as we are not tanky, and not have nice LS and WM heals. So any CW can understand your predicament.

That's just not true. If PB gets tuned down along with the glyphs it takes away a lot of the HR damage which also takes away a lot of the life steal. Already CWs can 1 rotation HRs if they have their daily up because you can't be tanky anymore, 50k or 30k a CW will be able to 1 rotation you because of Storm Spell and Ice Knife. You can't deny that once HRs are fix along with GFs, CWs will be kings.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    Even with red glyphs on, a high-end CW can't always one-rotation equally geared players. If you're getting one-rotationed, it's likely by someone with better gear than your rank 6s and blue artifacts.

Then I'm guessing you have yet to go against a CW who knows how to use his DC artifact. It is possible to 1 rotation equally geared players with a CW, If they properly use EOTS and SS then it's game over.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Fixing glyphs will also tone down CW damage, and since HRs tend to have higher Defense/Deflect than CWs, that actually affects HRs more than CWs for 1v1s. Of course, the Piercing Blade fix comes on top of that, but again, CWs don't usually have that much defensive stats. The Piercing Blade fix has far more of an impact on HRs vs GFs and GWFs. If any class will be "king" after that, it's probably GFs, unless other things are also changed.

Well GC has already said that after doing some digging, he has found the same problem to be true about Icy Rays. So expect for Icy Rays to become dodgeable. If they could fix the glyphs, the undodgeable PB dmg even when encounter is dodged, and the undodgeable Icy Rays, all they would need to do then is fix GF's perma daily/reflect and boost DC and TR.. THEN pvp might have some hope again
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Fixing glyphs will also tone down CW damage, and since HRs tend to have higher Defense/Deflect than CWs, that actually affects HRs more than CWs for 1v1s. Of course, the Piercing Blade fix comes on top of that, but again, CWs don't usually have that much defensive stats. The Piercing Blade fix has far more of an impact on HRs vs GFs and GWFs. If any class will be "king" after that, it's probably GFs, unless other things are also changed.

I get what you're saying, but you don't understand how much damage comes from the glyphs and PB. Hrs rely on DOT, our weapon enchants, our attacks, everything! Continous 600 damage on top of all those DOTs and PB is what kills they player. CWs rely on burst damage which doesn't create as much of a synergy with the glyphs as it does with the HRs.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I get what you're saying, but you don't understand how much damage comes from the glyphs and PB. Hrs rely on DOT, our weapon enchants, our attacks, everything! Continous 600 damage on top of all those DOTs and PB is what kills they player. CWs rely on burst damage which doesn't create as much of a synergy with the glyphs as it does with the HRs.

Which is why I said that they should fix glyphs before even thinking about fixing PB or Icy Rays or GF perma daily/reflect... The glyphs are the real problem.. The glyphs even create a good synergy for the GF which makes me wonder if they will even need to make as many changes, if they just got rid of the OP glyphs first.
  • Options
    gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    I want to reiterate, Icy Rays *definitely* can be dodged. I just did it here locally in a test environment. However given how fast the activation is I realize that it might be practically unlikely to do it on purpose in a live environment since the activation and flight time are fast enough to make the immunity frames hard to time. Icy Rays is *not* getting a change at this time, and the PVP landscape will probably not undergo any more large changes UNTIL the cleric rework and trickster rogue buffs make it to Preview at least. While there are some things that might get looking at, it is just too difficult to make any reasonable changes until every class has had a completed rework, especially given how incredibly large the changes are to the Cleric.

PB was *not* doing what was intended, and that fix will let us better make any fixes required to make Combat HRs more PVE viable in the future without majorly disrupting existing PVP balance. The nice thing about the Piercing Blade change is that it (in cases of well organized parties) will be a *buff* to PVE Rangers. This is because it was looking at the damage before resistance was getting involved, even if the target had negative resistance to you. Therefore you might actually see more damage output in PVE while it will behave correctly in PVP. This is important for tweaking the different playstyles to fit into both PVE and PVP parties.

Thank you all for your continued feedback!
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for clarifying that Gewntlemancrush, let's hope people lay down their forum pitchs and forks against eachother for a while.
    Also I'm eagerly expecting the TR/DC overhaul in preview XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I want to reiterate, Icy Rays is *definitely* can be dodged. I just did it here locally in a test environment. However given how fast the activation is I realize that it might be practically unlikely to do it on purpose in a live environment since the activation and flight time are fast enough to make the immunity frames hard to time. Icy Rays is *not* getting a change at this time, and the PVP landscape will probably not undergo any more large changes UNTIL the cleric rework and trickster rogue buffs make it to Preview at least. While there are some things that might get looking at, it is just too difficult to make any reasonable changes until every class has had a completed rework, especially given how incredibly large the changes are to the Cleric.

PB was *not* doing what was intended, and that fix will let us better make any fixes required to make Combat HRs more PVE viable in the future without majorly disrupting existing PVP balance. The nice thing about the Piercing Blade change is that it (in cases of well organized parties) will be a *buff* to PVE Rangers. This is because it was looking at the damage before resistance was getting involved, even if the target had negative resistance to you. Therefore you might actually see more damage output in PVE while it will behave correctly in PVP. This is important for tweaking the different playstyles to fit into both PVE and PVP parties.

That is kinda sad that no fix yet for Icy Rays. Even thought we do understand need for fixes for DCs. It does need a bit bigger time frame for dodge. Cause right now it will CW kings again. getting rooted in middle of dodge is bug.

And as far as I see 80% of pvp in not premade with top gear.So pls don't pay attencion to so called top pvp players that got to first page only cause of defects, bug and bis gear. They clearly stated their level by statements they made.

I do wonder what you mean by "negative resistance". So does this mean that if you have arm pen higher then resistance of target you will get extra damage on piercing? or both on piercing and main attack?

Also statement about only well organised parties makes me think that in real life it will be considered as huge nerf to pve combat HR - usually not well organised parties with pug and stacking Arm pen to 2k top. We are not top pain-givers now and with even 20% less damage in pve it will lower us to bottom of charts. I do think fix for pvp is good. But my worry is that my 13-15k temptation SW does more damage then 19-20k combat HR. And this is not one case issue -this is in 80% of time.
    So unless you do have "well organised party" combat HR will still be in middle of charts for Heroics.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    I want to reiterate, Icy Rays is *definitely* can be dodged. I just did it here locally in a test environment. However given how fast the activation is I realize that it might be practically unlikely to do it on purpose in a live environment since the activation and flight time are fast enough to make the immunity frames hard to time.

I'd love to see that on youtube, because it *definitely* can not be dodged. I just did local testing also in IWD and even if you cast it on someone who is in the middle of a dodge, they still get rooted. It says "dodged" above your head, but you are rooted none the less. After seeing how some of the Devs "pvp" on youtube and live twitch streams, I have 0 confidence in this teams ability to test anything in pvp.
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I haven't addressed them directly because I already fixed them locally (they are resistsed/dodged/etc) and that should be in some upcoming build. It'll be in the patch notes soon, but as the thing I could address as not being fixed was Piercing Blade so I opted to post about that (and Icy Rays after digging into it). We do read the forums, and we do make changes responding to feedback. Remember that I do have features for upcoming modules to work on as well :)

Thank you all for your continued Feedback!

Crush, thanks. seriously thank you for finally acknowledging and partially fixing one of the most game breaking issues that has ever hit this game since OB. Id rather go through caturday or have players exploiting resonators all day long than deal with these glyphs.

Now the only issue I STILL have is that the enchants still do alot of damage. While I applaud the fact that they are resistible/respect DR etc, I STILL FIRMLY stand by the fact these enchants shouldnt deal ANY damage. PERIOD.

They already grant +800 stats for 20 seconds. Thats an amazing overload in and of itself.

However when you introduce damage as well, it only gives MORE incentive to DoT builds and encourages things to appear LIKE the GF reflect build. While reflect is getting fixed, the fact that some classes will still be stacking reds and STILL get a massive DPS boost - is what the issue is.

Things like DF for TR - hits a TON of times and even with DR factoring in, its still a massive damage boost.... Its just too much dude.

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - just REMOVE the damage from the enchants. Green, Black, Red, Blue - REMOVE the damage PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely understand you have ALOT going on man, I really do, but coming from a very active NW community member and player since OB, I have to say these glyphs KILLED all desire for me to play (for now). I will try again with the fix you mentioned but PLEASE PLEASE remove the damage from the glyphs. Its COMPLETELY unnecessary

Just to clarify, because maybe this isnt clear. When you equip TWO of the same glyph they "bug" and the +800 stat bonus stays on the entire 20 seconds. This SHOULD be how the enchant works, and you SHOULD remove the damage on hit that it currently offers.

This gives players ALOT more overload choices considering the black ice ones give AP and Temp HP and stats for LESS duration, these dragon ones give no AP or temp HP but pure stats for longer duration. Also they only last 2 hours instead of 8. So its a VERY fair tradeoff IMO.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I want to reiterate, Icy Rays is *definitely* can be dodged. I just did it here locally in a test environment. However given how fast the activation is I realize that it might be practically unlikely to do it on purpose in a live environment since the activation and flight time are fast enough to make the immunity frames hard to time. Icy Rays is *not* getting a change at this time, and the PVP landscape will probably not undergo any more large changes UNTIL the cleric rework and trickster rogue buffs make it to Preview at least. While there are some things that might get looking at, it is just too difficult to make any reasonable changes until every class has had a completed rework, especially given how incredibly large the changes are to the Cleric.

Question: Did you slow down time when you tested Icy Rays? You do know you can be in the middle of a dodge, get hit by icy rays and then stop the dodge and be rooted :P

Anyway glad clerics and TR are getting some love.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    vteasy wrote: »
    Question: Did you slow down time when you tested Icy Rays? You do know you can be in the middle of a dodge, get hit by icy rays and then stop the dodge and be rooted :P

Anyway glad clerics and TR are getting some love.

Thank You. This is what I and every other honest player is saying.

1. You can be in the middle of a dodge, have someone cast Icy Ray on you and be rooted when you finish your dodge roll.

2. Disruptive Shot is just as fast of a casting speed if not faster, seems nearly instant, and yet if you miss time it or if the enemy luckily dodges at the same time, or if you miss time your shot for after they come to the end of a dodge but are still within the immunity second after their dodge comes to a halt, They will not take any damage and they do not get dazed. Yet, Icy Rays, no matter whether you are in the middle of dodging when hit by the spell, or what, you still get rooted no matter what. Which is why I'd love to see a live demonstration of this, because I am calling bs. You would hear the same complaints about disruptive shot being undodgeable if it were only a matter of how fast it activates (MID DODGE IT STILL ROOTS YOU!).. Yet people dodge disruptive shot on a regular basis.

3. I have done **** loads of my own testing in IWD and in pvp, and Icy Rays simply does not respect the same dodge immunity that all other skills do.

Gentleman crush, please show a live demonstration of this supposed dodge, because even when I get it to say dodged over my characters head when I perfectly time my dodge and my friend casts Icy rays on me when he see's me mid roll, I still get rooted.

+1 on the DC and TR buffs as well.. I have one of each and I really wish my TR was more like the description the Neverwinter website gives of one, as being the main dps class on this game. Which was a total lie. BiS lashing blade is fierce against lower gs opponents but hardly the "main dps class of the game". The only real viable build right now is the Perma/semi perma node contesting Mosquito damage TR's.. DC should have better buffs and Heals and an ability to self heal much better than they are able to right now.
  • Options
    tardstelamon01brtardstelamon01br Banned Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I want to reiterate, Icy Rays *definitely* can be dodged. I just did it here locally in a test environment. However given how fast the activation is I realize that it might be practically unlikely to do it on purpose in a live environment since the activation and flight time are fast enough to make the immunity frames hard to time. Icy Rays is *not* getting a change at this time, and the PVP landscape will probably not undergo any more large changes UNTIL the cleric rework and trickster rogue buffs make it to Preview at least. While there are some things that might get looking at, it is just too difficult to make any reasonable changes until every class has had a completed rework, especially given how incredibly large the changes are to the Cleric.

how about CW DoTs?50-60% of CW dmg comes from 0 skill required passives that proc themselves.
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I'd love to see that on youtube, because it *definitely* can not be dodged. I just did local testing also in IWD and even if you cast it on someone who is in the middle of a dodge, they still get rooted. It says "dodged" above your head, but you are rooted none the less. After seeing how some of the Devs "pvp" on youtube and live twitch streams, I have 0 confidence in this teams ability to test anything in pvp.

Guy, I wouldn't say that devs are liars, but what gentlemancrush here say is 99% different from what I ever have encountered ingame. Try a GF 2s before a CW look at you into guarding, then ice ray him. Because I'm was every time routed IN GUARD.
  • Options
    korden1korden1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I cannot really believe....we had unstoppable warriors, now we have one-shotting mages, and people run complaining against HR...first the problem was too much tanking, after too much rooting, there was no damage at all but people complained...now that HR damage is finally decent, and it was paid by not having any route nor decent defense AT ALL, which is the complain of the community? Hr Damage.

I cannot believe it.

I have seen mages destroying skilled and geared players with two spells, a simple couple of seconds. Gaunltym is full of mages empering together, but the most crucial problem which is? the finally decent HR damage.

So no deflection, no routing, and no damage. Why dont you directly ask to delete the class at all?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    how about CW DoTs?50-60% of CW dmg comes from 0 skill required passives that proc themselves.

Is this not what CW Ice Ray is? Are you feeling that you have to press more then one button? :=D stop whining.
  • Options
    bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ......especially given how incredibly large the changes are to the Cleric.
    :D <3333333
    Come on! Put it up on preview already!
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Which makes us have to believe you, instead of the person who created the whole thing?

He checked it. He confirmed it is dodgeable, and he even (quite honestly) admitted that it might be practically impossible despite theoretically possible -- just like some of us have already told you.

You're basically calling him a liar, is that it?
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    Which makes us have to believe you, instead of the person who created the whole thing?

He checked it. He confirmed it is dodgeable, and he even (quite honestly) admitted that it might be practically impossible despite theoretically possible -- just like some of us have already told you.

You're basically calling him a liar, is that it?
    I'd give up. This guy/gal is all about the forum rage and not so much about facts.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'd give up. This guy/gal is all about the forum rage and not so much about facts.

Yeah. Dont even bother. I bet he'd still deny it if you show him video of dodging this ability (and failing ) at every single conceivable frame.

Even the dev himself that he's defending said himself that its not really a conceivable matter to dodge the ability.

even though that statement is flawed in itself because the entire dodge duration of every class that has dodge except HR lasts longer than the entire activation time of both target and fire portions of Icy Rays. So no matter when the attack lands during a dodge, you're supposed to be immune to it anyway. But instead you are rooted AND damaged.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah. Dont even bother. I bet he'd still deny it if you show him video of dodging this ability (and failing ) at every single conceivable frame.

Even the dev himself that he's defending said himself that its not really a conceivable matter to dodge the ability.

even though that statement is flawed in itself because the entire dodge duration of every class that has dodge except HR lasts longer than the entire activation time of both target and fire portions of Icy Rays. So no matter when the attack lands during a dodge, you're supposed to be immune to it anyway. But instead you are rooted AND damaged.

...which would be why I'm asking for a fix to any similar "(some practically, others absolutelu) undodgeable" stuff. Threatening the developers by shoving ridiculous rage-claims down their throats isn't what I had in my mind when I made this thread.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Man - you really got hold of the wrong end of the stick. I'm with Kweassa on this, not the ragers.

Let's recap for the hard of understanding...

1. GC has checked the code and IR is NOT coded to be undodgeable, unlike some other powers.
    2. He's checked the operation of IR in his test environment and it IS dodgeable.
    3. He's freely admitted that in a LIVE environment it may not be practical to dodge IR. Which is what most players experience.

And still some idiots rage at him and call him a liar or incompetent. Grow up. Learn about the differences between test environments and live server-client gameplay and understand that there is absolutely no reason to doubt anything GC has posted on this thread. Learn about the difference between the visible landing of a power and the hit/miss/dodge calculation. Learn about client-server synchronisation and why that means that you can't always rely on what you see on your screen.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kweassa wrote: »
    ...which would be why I'm asking for a fix to any similar "(some practically, others absolutelu) undodgeable" stuff.

Make Entangle, Repel, Chill Strike activation times as low as Disruptive Shot.

Make Icy Rays pierce CC immune if on Tab.

And then make Icy Rays really dodgeable.

Otherwise, leave it alone as it is. The Root from it already got nerfed in Preview.