test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shadowmantle PvP Preview Patch Notes NW.14.20140204a.1

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
New Feature
Leaver Penalty: Leaving a PVP match that is currently in progress will incur a leaver penalty for 30 minutes. During this time you may not queue for any content using the queue system. Only the first 2 players to leave a Domination match, or the first 5 players to leave a Gauntlgrym match on each team will be affected.

Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard: Maelstrom of Chaos: Fixed a bug allowing power to stun control immune targets.
  • Great Weapon Fighter: Slam: Fixed a bug allowing Slam to interupt bosses and control immune players.
  • Guardian Fighter: Crushing Surge: This power now properly respects Healing Depression in PvP.
  • Tenacity no longer mentions that it affects armor penetration. (Text update only, functionally was already changed.)

Items and Economy
  • Glory rewards for Domination levels 51+ have been reduced. The reduction is very small at level 51, and increases until level 60, where a Win has been reduced from 700 Glory to 500 Glory. The Glory bonus for placing in the top 5 has been similarly reduced. Glory rewards for Gauntylgrym have been reduced slightly, from 1,050 for a win to 1,000 for a win, and the Glory bonus for placing in the top 10 has been similarly reduced. Glory rewards for losing have also been reduced by the same amount.
  • A new PvP currency, Seals of Triumph, has been added.
    • Players may exchange unwanted Seals for 250 Glory in the Trade of Blades.
  • The amount of Glory a character can store has been increased from 25,000 to 50,000.
  • The Tier 2 PvP sets added in the last preview update have been removed from the game.
  • Three new sets of Tier 2 “Grim” PvP armor have been made available per class for purchase via Glory & Seals of Triumph.
  • Three new sets of Tier 2 “Profound” PvP armor have been made available per class for purchase via Glory & Seals of Triumph.
  • Tenacity has been removed from Gauntlgrym armor sets.
  • A temporary vendor, “Gauntlgrym Trader,” has been added to the Trade of Blades.
    • Players may use this vendor to exchange unwanted Grym Coins for 50 Glory a piece.
    • Players may use this vendor to exchange Tier 2 PvE “Gauntlgrym” equipment for Tier 2 PvP “Grim” equipment.
    • Please note that this process cannot be reversed and that all item enchantments will be lost upon exchange.
  • The names of some PvP accessories have been adjusted.
  • The prices of some PvP equipment and accessories have been adjusted.
  • Random equipment drops from leveling bracket (Lv10-59) domination matches now feature Tenacity.
  • There is now an epic PvP equipment collections category.
  • New titles have been added for the corresponding PvP sets.
  • Potion of Heroism: Hunter Rangers now correctly benefit from this potion.

Content and Environment
  • The daily quest “Daily PvP Domination Victory” now rewards Glory and a Seal of Triumph.
  • The daily quest “Daily PvP Domination” now rewards Glory.
  • The daily quest “Daily Gauntlgrym PvP” now rewards Glory and a Seal of Triumph.
  • Additional mannequins displaying “Profound” armor sets have been added to the Trade of Blades.

Known Issues
  • Currently, trading gear with the “Gauntlgrym Trader” can cause the loss of any enchantments slotted into the item.
  • Hunter Ranger Tier 1 PvP gear is currently not available for purchase.
  • Due to the removal of the newly added Tier 2 PvP gear from the last preview update, some players may have broken equipment in their inventory. It is safe to discard these items, we apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Update 2/7 11:40am PST: We have identified a disconnect issue that can occur while queuing. We will be making a fix and attempting to update the Preview server before end of day targeting around 6pm PST so this issue doesn't linger over the weekend.

This will be posted to Preview around 4pm PST.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Interesting changes and fixes.

Does strike me as strange though, that T1 PvP items whose natural successors are T2 Grym items will have T1 still featuring Tenacity (Resilience) but the T2 pieces will not.
    I suppose the 2 new sets may compensate in that regard, but some of these are modeled on the Grym items (especially the 4 set bonus), and they really are T3 as opposed to T2 stat wise and set bonus wise
  • junichiroujunichirou Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What if I am disconnected from the match? As soon as I'm back I'll be removed and won't be able to join...
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for the leaver penalty!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Control Wizard: Maelstrom of Chaos: Fixed a bug allowing power to stun control immune targets.
    Great Weapon Fighter: Slam: Fixed a bug allowing Slam to interupt bosses and control immune players.

Please no! please!
    It's next to impossible to burst down Valindra before she kills the person she is choking.
    Furthermore by the time you get to the portal there's next to no time to kill the target.

The only reason this dungeon was possible for maybe anybody besides the most elite of the elite players were because of this "bug."
    Please do not put this live before re-evaluating the challenge of this dungeon!
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    junichirou wrote: »
    What if I am disconnected from the match? As soon as I'm back I'll be removed and won't be able to join...

I meant to write about that too actually.

When I was playing on holiday some months ago, due to the unstable connection, I kept seeing new chat lines, whilst unable to chat myself or act, with connecting to server timer ticking.

What I noticed about PvP matches at present is that:
    1. If you get disconnected (have to login again), upon returning you are removed from the match, even if it was only for a few seconds ("you are no longer on your team")
    2. If you crash or force close your game (alt+f4, task manager), you can login and return even 10 minutes later and just continue as if nothing had happened
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is Resilience the same as Tenacity?

Also, does this mean the Gauntlgrym sets will be unaffected by any changes compared to Live? There have been very many players planning and spending resources and time around the uncertainty caused by this issue. Please clarify.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What is the status of the new matchmaking system?
  • imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    A temporary vendor, “Gauntlgrym Trader,” has been added to the Trade of Blades.

So this will never make it to live? that's a real shame , an alternative way to spend GG coins once you have purchased everything you want with them would be welcome plus it would be a viable way for non PvPers to collect Glory in order to buy the PvP artifact which is useful in both PvP and PvE.

New Feature
    Leaver Penalty: Leaving a PVP match that is currently in progress will incur a leaver penalty for 30 minutes. During this time you may not queue for any content using the queue system. Only the first 2 players to leave a Domination match, or the first 5 players to leave a Gauntlgrym match on each team will be affected.

Welcome addition , The main reason I stopped playing domination was players who left.
  • aeragar47aeragar47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    New Feature
    [/List]

Is there going to be a way to report afk players then? I'm all for the leaver penalty but that will just make people sit afk at the campfire when they start losing. So please also implement a system where you can report afk players and if multiple players on the same team report that person as afk (like a vote kick), then they get booted with the leavers penalty. I say "multiple players" to help prevent a single person from reporting somebody just to be a jerk. Or only have the person get booted if they have not moved after x amount of time or something like that.
    edited February 2014
    Please no! please!
    It's next to impossible to burst down Valindra before she kills the person she is choking.
    Furthermore by the time you get to the portal there's next to no time to kill the target.

The only reason this dungeon was possible for maybe anybody besides the most elite of the elite players were because of this "bug."

Before the new Soulforged Enchantment that's probably true, but considering just how (over)powered it is in PvE at present, anyone with a lesser soulforged can just tank the choke and get away with it (because she doesn't usually choke again within 90 seconds). No need to revive anyone due to no downing there.

In regards to portals, the current playstyle means that usually there isn't even a single Unhallowed on the field at all. This would probably up the challenge on the fight slightly and requiring people to delegate 1 or more people to either tanking/kiting them or killing them.

Also, it would change the strategy from everyone bunching up to spreading out more to deal with portals.

I don't really see a drastic increase in difficulty to be honest here, especially if one or more players have even a lesser soulforged.

I suppose one change that I would suggest however, is to reduce the hitbox of Fulminorax to make targeting easier of Valindra/Portal
    aeragar47 wrote: »
    Is there going to be a way to report afk players then? I'm all for the leaver penalty but that will just make people sit afk at the campfire when they start losing. So please also implement a system where you can report afk players and if multiple players on the same team report that person as afk (like a vote kick), then they get booted with the leavers penalty. I say "multiple players" to help prevent a single person from reporting somebody just to be a jerk. Or only have the person get booted if they have not moved after x amount of time or something like that.

I don't see how that is a problem. Even if they left the game, the enemy team would still need to wait for the ticker to go to 1000 and don't insta win. Staying in Spawn (this isn't AFKing, because AFK = autokick after 2 minutes) is totally acceptable IMO if they have several deaths and the enemy team decides to gang them whenever they leave spawn.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    Before the new Soulforged Enchantment that's probably true, but considering just how (over)powered it is in PvE at present, anyone with a lesser soulforged can just tank the choke and get away with it (because she doesn't usually choke again within 90 seconds). No need to revive anyone due to no downing there.

She always continues choking me through soulforged the few times I die from her choking.
    edited February 2014
    Hm may be random or due to me having had revive sickness from an earlier battle that caused me to actually die (with injury) and be revived by soulforged
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Please no! please!

It's not difficult to burst her down, but whoever is currently friends with the dragon has to lead him away from her to make her targetable. If the party can manage that, she's fine.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is there a problem with the shard? I cant logon (I did patch).

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

edited February 2014
    ejziponken wrote: »
    Is there a problem with the shard? I cant logon (I did patch).

They haven't unlocked it yet. Hopefully they haven't gone home for the day and forgotten about it, because that has happened before.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Please bring it back up.... I just told a friend these patch notes feel like Christmas! but Better cause its Purples and not red and white everywhere!

SIX FREAKING SETS! SO AWESOME!!!!!
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Its up now! Enjoy!
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Please no! please!

I like this change. Bring a TR with some burst damage, that's what I've been doing when MC has been released. Get a good cleric who know what he's doing. Was doable with 11k chars and no artifacts. Now, it should be a walk in the park, even without these dailies.
    edited February 2014
    Taking a quick loot at the new TR collections.

First, any chance each collection can get a unique title instead all being either Profound Eliminator or Grim Skulker depending upon which tier it is.

Second, I think the Battlefield Skulker's Grim set should be changed to Grim Scoundrel in it's naming to be consistent with both the other Grim sets and the profound sets.

Finally, what is up with Lillend showing up in the collections with this build?
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The price difference between Grim and Profound seems awkwardly off. Just one quick example from the GF:

Profound Conquerer's Armor offers +45 stat points and +20% boost to the set bonus for +15k glory (+265%) and +8 Seals.
    Profound Necklace of Smiting offers +13 stat points for +9,500 glory (+250%) and +2 seals

The Profound Set of the Preserver seems also BiS for defensive minded GFs in PVE, so you're not avoiding them flooding PVP to grind glory.
    Indomitable Champion's Grim Armor is priced like the Profound ones.

I really had hoped you would give the dailies a nice amount of glory as reward. Casual players might only have time to do the dailies. Do you really want them to grind gear for 3+ months?
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We asked and needed a better match making system. We get a complicated new set of states that change the entire game. Lets put some states on the pvp gear and not on others. People leave for various reasons in pvp you say. Well simple lets block them from pvp, who cares why they leave. Well at least they can sit at the camp fire or auto run and play SCA while the opposite team with 500 points to your teams 0 can slaughter you over and over.

Suggestion-lets go ahead and remove any ad daily rewards from quests so no pve types will think twice about joining in a pvp match.

I keep telling myself they are only showing us a portion of the entire pvp mod on the horizon. From what I see here and on the preview the future of myself and neverwinter pvp does not look bright. I guess you cant be a casual PVPer
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    throsbi wrote: »
    I keep telling myself they are only showing us a portion of the entire pvp mod on the horizon. From what I see here and on the preview the future of myself and neverwinter pvp does not look bright. I guess you cant be a casual PVPer

yes, they are. tenacity is part of the pvp addition. an elo matchmaking system is also coming, but not ready for testing. and the leaver penalty... probably more things as well. but until they're ready for preview, we won't know.
    edited February 2014
    throsbi wrote: »
    We asked and needed a better match making system. We get a complicated new set of states that change the entire game. Lets put some states on the pvp gear and not on others. People leave for various reasons in pvp you say. Well simple lets block them from pvp, who cares why they leave. Well at least they can sit at the camp fire or auto run and play SCA while the opposite team with 500 points to your teams 0 can slaughter you over and over.

And we already know the new matchmaking system is on the way. It just ran into some issues so we haven't seen it on Mimic yet.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Classes and Balance
    • Control Wizard: Maelstrom of Chaos: Fixed a bug allowing power to stun control immune targets.
    • Great Weapon Fighter: Slam: Fixed a bug allowing Slam to interupt bosses and control immune players.
    . . . I do not like this one bit. Instead, each paragon path lacking this interrupt should have had one of their dailies made to do what these do. I feel as though this is being "fixed" because of PvP which is in turn affecting PvE, which is the wrong way to fix things. If such is too much in PvP, balance it in a way that is not affecting PvE, I.E. disable the interrupt/stun against Players only. Please reconsider this.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ah, I was correct in thinking there would be a new currency to purchase PVP items.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • pers3phonepers3phone Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    MoC "killing" Val was pretty lame, on the same level as repelling red wizards over a certain gate. She's pretty easy to burst, instead of going ezy mode on her. It's pretty obvious that this is a full PvE fix, I only know a single CW using (or that played with...) MoC in PvP, dunno even if the guy still plays the game.

Anyway, thanks for the new patch. I can only hope the matchmaking will be fully functional, cause 30 mins of penalty from all queues is STEEP, and without proper matchmaking people have a right to leave imbalanced lame matches.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    "Great Fighter Weapon: Slam: Fixed a bug Allowing Slam to interupt bosses and control immune players."

hmmm ... I do not object to this change, but it's one less reason to have the new executioner style / battle awaraness .
  • mikabella2mikabella2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . I do not like this one bit. Instead, each paragon path lacking this interrupt should have had one of their dailies made to do what these do. I feel as though this is being "fixed" because of PvP which is in turn affecting PvE, which is the wrong way to fix things. If such is too much in PvP, balance it in a way that is not affecting PvE, I.E. disable the interrupt/stun against Players only. Please reconsider this.

I'm personally happy with the fix. As a couple people have said, bursting her down is incredibly easy, and now i dont have to be bugged by people to spec into it. I find it more fun to have to burst her down, not cheese it and 1 shot her away. People will learn to adapt, and this should have been fixed a very long time ago. Its a good change, in my opinion.
    | Guild: Novus Ordo|
  • thefirsthipsterthefirsthipster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Classes and Balance

I don't like it. I PuG MC. I'm not in a guild. I don't have regular friends that I play with. I'm far too casual to keep up with most guilds, and most people who friend me I never end up playing with again...So I PuG everything. This was a strategy that allowed PuGs to succeed, as even with the "kill Valindra easy-mode" plenty of PuGs I play with fail the fight. Throw in even more complication and it's going to be awful to PuG. I'm not going to go look for a guild now. I'll likely just run MC even less.
This discussion has been closed.