test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Maintenance - 06/13/13 (Look here for slow launcher patching)

Comments

• Options
    shadywintryshadywintry Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looks like they restarted something, but still slow as moles asses in winter.

lol that is funny
  • Options
    blackgirl69blackgirl69 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Please leave your launchers open and let it continue patching (even if it's going slow). We're investigating on why it is slower than normal.

That's why there's so much stress on the patching server. Because so many people are used to fixing their slow download speed by exiting restarting. With 300 people doing that simultaneously and repeatedly it's causing a bottleneck
    edited June 2013
    I feel better that at least one person got it :) Thanks for making my day.
  • Options
    ark00ark00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    400bm left c'moon
  • Options
    scimp1scimp1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patched the 1st half fast. Then must be all you fools sucked up the bandwidth :-( Wait your turn
  • Options
    stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Got in no problem, but already found a bug. On the new "History" tab on the character panel, it not only appears to have wiped out what I had already put in for a bio for one toon, but when I logged on another character on the same account, it replaced his bio with the one I had just typed for the previous character. Not a huge deal, and mostly just cosmetic, but still...
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dmolisher1 wrote: »
    It would be awesome, if the download resumed from where it was ...
    Sad panda mine closed at 61 % I guess evil Nashers stole the server.
    Darn :mad:

It does. If you look at the total left to download, it's just the remaining amount that you didn't get to before it closed.
  • Options
    scimp1scimp1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Done...Yay
  • Options
    dhavrumdhavrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    25 minutes after patcher crashed, and restarted i finally got 1% downloaded.

EDIT: Stupid patcher crashed again.
  • Options
    offkhochioffkhochi Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    10.28 kb/sec 3 day to Finish !.That good in Weekends.
  • Options
    jeahannejeahanne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm stuck on patching at about 53% complete it looks like.
  • Options
    doaxiradoaxira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My patch appears to have totally timed out again, and is now attempting to reconnect...
  • Options
    darkhawk978darkhawk978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    WOOOT jumped from 12% to 31%

patching improving!!! thank you!!!
  • Options
    antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Still dead for me :(
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • Options
    torulv1torulv1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    error 14 : connection to the server was lost.... seen that a few times now
  • Options
    adinosoulwoodadinosoulwood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    stopping, starting, crawling, stopping, starting crawling...connecting...
  • Options
    avidlurkeravidlurker Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    Steady your nerves, everything could be much worse.

Google "boot.ini fiasco trinity" if you are curious just how bad things can sometimes get...
  • Options
    elahndraelahndra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    why did i ever close it, at least it was crawling before, now...well nothing
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    was up to 53% then connection lost, then went back to 1%

doo be doo bee doooo
  • Options
    jeahannejeahanne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to hope the fact that it's restarting itself means that someone on the other end is doing something to try to fix stuff o.o
  • Options
    moz81moz81 Member Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, this launcher update thing is pretty screwy. Couldn't they release the patches as single file downloads somewhere that you could download with a download manager like DownThemAll?

Would be way easier than <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> around with a launcher...
  • Options
    darkhawk978darkhawk978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    lol walk2k it went to 1% cause you now have less to patch (least it should be)

when you were at 53% it said a number left....now at 1% you should have way less :)

dont worry took me a while to figure out too
  • Options
    azmoran11azmoran11 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Welp, now I just got a script error trying to open the launcher. There are Ebeetles in your servers.
  • Options
    stargeezertimstargeezertim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It took me the better part of an hour to finish, and I have a pretty wide pipeline. My internet bandwidth ain't bad either. (Didja see what I did there?) ;)
    hh_banner_small_revised_zps5bc02b95.jpg

Will /danceseductive for ZEN. :cool:
  • Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Looks like everyone is done with finals.. I wish they would go on vacation now...so much for easy patching..finally speeding up...Your mother is calling...!!!
  • Options
    jagoritannajagoritanna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    All the way up to 3 KBPS!

Whoever made the comment of this is like dialup all over again was right.

I remember by USR 14.4k external. But remembering it and wanting to relive the experience are two different things!
  • Options
    vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It took me the better part of an hour to finish, and I have a pretty wide pipeline. My internet bandwidth ain't bad either. (Didja see what I did there?) ;)

*ponders if the internet bandwith goes via the pipeline, or the otherway around... ;) (seen and noted)
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    was up to 53% then connection lost, then went back to 1%

doo be doo bee doooo

It went back to 1% because it knows that the first 53% is already done so it doesn't tell you that the first 53% has been patched so it's 1% of the remaining 47% (so if it stays up, every % would be near doubled so its gone about 2%)
    21.jpg
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    This is because so many players are patching currently. We're working to improve speeds.
  • Options
    mvidarkmvidark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    'Neverupdate online'