test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Maintenance - 06/13/13 (Look here for slow launcher patching)

Comments

• doaxiradoaxira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    We cannot login because we cannot finish patching... Something is terribly wrong (for at least some of us).
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    I'll keep this thread open for a while longer in case anyone has patching or launcher issues.
  • theliethesametheliethesame Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I dont know why, but i have cape now (just like in preview shard), unlike previous patch. Me gusta
  • vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for being so patient. Log in now :)

*bump* cmpinpointerror should get a raise =D
  • torulv1torulv1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    why is this patching so slow?
  • jagoritannajagoritanna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2013
    I'm having patching issues! It's slower than moles asses in winter!
  • slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Would love to login, but you guys need to unplug what ever stopped patch server from being a decent speed :)
  • ndjesterndjester Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So, should it bother me that I cannot start new professions tasks in Gateway now? This seems like a step backward.
  • morpheas768morpheas768 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Patching doesnt even start for me, it just shows the client version on the left side, like its trying to load the patcher.
    Nevermind...it started after a long time. Derp
  • cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    why is this patching so slow?

We're looking into this now. I haven't finished patching either :(
    edited June 2013
    We're looking into this now. I haven't finished patching either :(

Thank you for the ack!
  • torulv1torulv1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Downloaded 1mb in the last 20 min.... 912mb to go... been patching for two hours now :mad:
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As you are following this topic closely, cmpinp (tyvm for that) why aren't you guys allowing some sort of torrent download, right now seems obvious that you are way behind in server capability... that would help.
  • azmoran11azmoran11 Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Soooooo sllllooowwww. It started off really fast, then just died, I have restarted a couple of times now, and it doesn't start fast. Good time to go to the store!
  • darkhawk978darkhawk978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    WOOT I've downloaded 5% in the past 30minutes; so by this rate LOL I should be in game in roughly 10hrs!!! (completely emphatic!)

BTW I do have a constant 10.5mb download speed
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stuck at login
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought it was supposed to be pre-patched or what was that 3GB download last week for??
  • metiinmetiin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yeah got 353 mb left so ill be done about tommorow i guess, there goes my weekend with nw xD
    edited June 2013
    Speeds should improve shortly. Just hang tight!
    edited June 2013
    Can I close the launcher while its at around 40% and resume the patching process some other time? Or will it start from 0% all over again?
    edited June 2013
    If only there were some kind of peer to peer client that would allow us to stream and share!
  • galinaceowgalinaceow Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oh-oh..

DO NOT try to copy/paste your version here on forums!

I was trying to patch, highlighed the "version" showed on the launcher with my mouse, hit ctrl+c and... a window popped up, something about "debug".. I instantly closed the new window and the launcher was gone =(

Anyways, after that incident my patcher is patching quite quickly.. It went almost instantly to 44%, and its rising okay. 51% as I write this.

Edit: nevermind I'm stuck on 53% forever now.
    It was too good to be true..
    My Class is Warlord ... "Onward to victory! They cannot stand before us!"
    Warlords are accomplished and competent battle leaders. Warlords stand on the front line issuing commands and bolstering their allies while leading the battle with weapon in hand. Warlords know how to rally a team to win a fight.
  • shadywintryshadywintry Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    stuck at login

the server status on the launcher is still offline so what do you think :p
  • weedad12333weedad12333 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can close it and resume whenever you want :)
    Can I close the launcher while its at around 40% and resume the patching process some other time? Or will it start from 0% all over again?
    edited June 2013

Nah you can resume.
  • sirgreenreefersirgreenreefer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would advise disabling your AV software during patching. It's loads of small files and it just slows the proces. Remeber to turn it on after!
  • sdrtriplexsdrtriplex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited June 2013
    Everybody always thinks that their class getting nerfed is "nerfed into the ground", but let's be honest rogues needed a nerf, or everybody else needed a boost.

everyone is talking about the game that rogues are crying but all are wondering (like me) that the class will not be harmed in PVE which is my focus in the game and the main attacks were nerf ...
    edited June 2013
    You can close it and resume whenever you want :)
    Thank you.
  • vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Speeds should improve shortly. Just hang tight!

*grabs a hold on and prepps for lightspeed*