test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NOCS Exclusive Podcast with Lead Producer Andy Velasquez and Crypticmapolis!

Comments

• Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can anyone reupload this somewhere else? I'd love to get a copy or link to it to give it more exposure.

You can send 'em here cmpinpointer! Thank you very kindly.

http://neverwinteronlinecrossroadsshow.com/blog/

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    gwenzelthargwenzelthar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great interview!
    Props to all the guests giving up their time!
    Keep up the good work aandrethegiant / deathssickle
    jonforgottenrealmssmall.jpg
    "I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yep also CMPoint if you mention my blog it would be nice. It is http://deathscrowbarsgamingandmods.blogspot.com/. I think I may write an article about beta weekend 1 today so...
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    By the way download button isnt downloading it.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Yup it'll be a bit before I'll have time to fix it. Work will have me busy today...

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ok I understand.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ariusdecimusariusdecimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was listening to this while playing Chivalry (a really intense melee fighting game) so I might have missed it, did you guys ask any questions about their plans with companions in the future? From what I've heard of the beta, companions are generic, not unique with unique stories. Did you ask anything about that, and if so did they talk about it? If not, how does one go about submitting questions for the next beta? This is really important to me, companions that are unique with stories made the BG series even more amazing than it already was (same with NWN, especiallly NWN2). I'd love it if they could have fleshed out companions replace the generic ones as time goes on.
  • Options
    wylie01wylie01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2013
    Good info, but DANG can the interviewer not suck on the mic. I sear he was either eating or doing something else I won't mention right on the mic. Really hard to listen too and really annoying, wish I could mute his mic.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    wylie01 wrote: »
    Good info, but DANG can the interviewer not suck on the mic. I sear he was either eating or doing something else I won't mention right on the mic. Really hard to listen too and really annoying, wish I could mute his mic.

Yeah -- lesson learned for next time. Eating, drinking, dry mouth, and boom microphone had me swearing when I heard the playback. Next time, upgraded software (multi track recording) and good ole mute button will ensure that never happens again. Sorry about that. ;)

• Options
    edited February 2013

I believe I found a solution. There is a really simple workaround to download the podcast. All you need to do is right click the download link, and it should save right to your PC!

Let me know if this doesnt work.

• Options
    wylie01wylie01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2013
    Sorry to be so harsh, but it was good and I did get through it. Thanks for the time and effort. Boom mic is right, you had the voice of Zeus.
  • Options
    excise2k5excise2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah -- lesson learned for next time. Eating, drinking, dry mouth, and boom microphone had me swearing when I heard the playback. Next time, upgraded software (multi track recording) and good ole mute button will ensure that never happens again. Sorry about that. ;)

Great to hear! That was the one downside of the interview.

Beyond that I was very impressed that you got answers to a lot of tough questions, so kudos to both you and the interviewees on that. Not to say I was necessarily happy with all the answers (boo poor non-combat skills!) but that ain't your fault :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I believe I found a solution. There is a really simple workaround to download the podcast. All you need to do is right click the download link, and it should save right to your PC!

Let me know if this doesnt work.

didnt work for me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Forgot to ask when to expect a launch release, though! Being optimistic, I'm still hoping for something before the end of June. "Early 2013" ..... within the first HALF of this year, please...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Forgot to ask when to expect a launch release, though! Being optimistic, I'm still hoping for something before the end of June. "Early 2013" ..... within the first HALF of this year, please...

I felt that would be on the " we cant talk about it list" so I did not ask. I may get back with Crypticmapolis if yall can give me enough questions that were not asked, I can write an article about it on my blog.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thehttheht Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 51
    edited February 2013
    Not bad! But as others pointed out, the mic noises are reeeeally distracting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gwenzelthargwenzelthar Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    LOL i ignored the heavy breathing/eating as much as i could...great questions and answers btw
    jonforgottenrealmssmall.jpg
    "I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled! Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!"
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    didnt work for me

What browser do you use Death?

• Options
    edited February 2013

Yeah, that one popped up actually in my head during the interview, but I decided to go with the questions I thought I had the best chance to get real answers to. That one would most probably have been on their list of what they could not talk about.

However, as Death said... now that its over, we can assemble some remaining questions, as well as new questions that arise for the next project! ;)

• Options
    keirkinkeirkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great interview Aandre and Death, I really enjoyed it. Just two things, you talked over your guests a lot and you should really keep that to a minimum and next time keep the bowl away from the mic Aandre it was a bit distracting ;)
  • Options
    h2orattyh2oratty Member, NW_CrypticDev, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nicely done guys!

-H2orat
  • Options
    hundredhandslaphundredhandslap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited February 2013
    Is there a text transcript?
  • Options
    vamperovampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to listen !
  • Options
    syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I did listen podcast just with hope of geting some info on pvp and guys thanks for asking about that and geting no good answer what so ever. All podcast is "ah we have that", "we do something" no accurate answers for 90% of questions in this podcast.

You said you are not in to rainbows and unicorns and this podcast was exactly like that.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    syfylis wrote: »
    I did listen podcast just with hope of geting some info on pvp and guys thanks for asking about that and geting no good answer what so ever. All podcast is "ah we have that", "we do something" no accurate answers for 90% of questions in this podcast.

You said you are not in to rainbows and unicorns and this podcast was exactly like that.

I have to completely disagree. I got good solid answers to many questions which I didn't even think to ask on top of some great information discussed regarding other details I have heard tidbits about.

If all you wanted from this podcast was PvP then of course you're a little disapointed but in all honesty that's not a reason to insult the quality responses Cryptic gave out. The same argument could easily be twisted the other way around.
  • Options
    deads6667deads6667 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013

to be fair they never gave the devs a chance to answer more than a few of the questions, i listened to the entire thing yesterday. theyd fire off 3 questions at once and interrupt the dev in the middle of him answering 1 part of it to ask more lol especially andre. still appreciate the work they put in though and im not gonna complain about it being brought to me free of charge, i learned a little.

also the devs were pretty clear that PVP info will be coming when they can talk more about it soon, as well as a lot of other topics they are specifically not allowed to discuss at this early stage yet. they answered everything they could
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I have to completely disagree. I got good solid answers to many questions which I didn't even think to ask on top of some great information discussed regarding other details I have heard tidbits about.

If all you wanted from this podcast was PvP then of course you're a little disapointed but in all honesty that's not a reason to insult the quality responses Cryptic gave out. The same argument could easily be twisted the other way around.

I do not really complain much just trying to say that if you try to put answer from questions on paper you will not have much to write.

33kel5d.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2013

Not sure how well you listened (or for how long) but we did get confirmations to quite a few long standing questions. Just for one for good example, we officially learned about the release of lockboxes. That is about as hot of a topic as one could possibly ask for, and we received the scoop. PvP is just not high enough on the wishlist for the bulk of the community to garner more that a few minutes of conversation on, so I believe it received about the right amount of time on the broadcast.

Furthermore, I thought Cryptic was quite open about the topic and for the first time suggested that end game will contain pvp elements, included some challenges that require pvp AND pve elements. They also stated they would be developing pvp even further. If I was going to play this game with pvp in mind like you've shown many times in this forum, I would have been ecstatic with what I heard during that podcast. As Ambisinister said though, they tied so many loose ends together during the hour and 40+ minutes we had, and we were very happy with the large bulk of answers, and obviously many of the community is as well so far. As I try to think here... the only "no comments" we got the whole show were crafting and the cash shop (yet they confirmed for us that crafting is done and they'll be releasing it soon to alpha testers,)

Anyhow, to each their own, sorry you didnt find the broadcast to your liking. Maybe next time

• Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2013

That is solely Your opinion! Just like I felt like that post screamed Troll!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Furthermore, I thought Cryptic was quite open about the topic and for the first time suggested that end game will contain pvp elements, included some challenges that require pvp AND pve elements.

Andre it's not only about pvp, you are cool guy and i'll try to explain my point other way.

Let's use this quote. What is wrong with that piece of information?
    1. What are the pvp elements?
    2. What are the pve elements working with it ?
    3 What are the chalanges?

And we could do same for other question so..

So it would be nice if you do some summary like:
    - guild wars will be for 64 people max
    - you can fight when on mount
    - there will be new are called Mirror forest
    - New npc that can change appearance of mounts

These are made up examples but i can look on it and it talks to me and say what i can expect in podcast. Also it say that there was questions in podcast that give me some new information not only "yes we will do that but we can't say details."

So my main problem is that we don't get details in podcast.

Like they would say we get new dungeon.

ok:
    - how it looks
    - is it long?
    - for how many people
    - story?
    - difficulty

One infromation and so many details to it. So you guys asked many question but we haven't heard many details that can create image of what you are talking about. For me you could ask them 5 questions but just go with details step by step with one and then go to another question. Answer "we have that" it's just not enough.

33kel5d.jpg