test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NOCS Exclusive Podcast with Lead Producer Andy Velasquez and Crypticmapolis!

aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
edited February 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The Neverwinter Online Crossroads Show Episode 2 is ready for download!

I was joined by special guest host Deathsickle for what is quite possibly the most extensive interview done yet on Neverwinter Online. Our very special interview stars Lead Producer Andy Velasquez and Senior Environment Artist Crypticmapolis, with a surprise cameo by Cryptic COO (Chief Operating Officer) Craig Zinkievich!

We had a blast interviewing not one, not two, but three very important members of the Cryptic team. As Deathsickle stated after the interview "that was sooooo epic!", so don't miss it!!

Our Guests:

mystery-guest.jpg

SENIOR ENVIRONMENT ARTIST Mike Apolis - Known here as "Crypticmapolis".

001.jpg

LEAD PRODUCER ANDY VELASQUEZ

n486ki.jpg

CRYPTIC STUDIOS COO
CRAIG ZINKIEVICH

Neverwinter Online Crossroads Show Episode 2

Download <

(UPDATED! The NOCS has a NEW HOME! 2/15/13 6:46am est)

I hope the community gives these guys props, this has been a long time coming, so I hope ya'll enjoyed listening to the show as much as we enjoyed doing it...

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
Post edited by aandrethegiant on

Comments

• Options
    daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Wow, nearly a gig download?!
    How long is this interview?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    Wow, nearly a gig download?!
    How long is this interview?

It was a 2 hour interview, but with editing/post production, it weighted in at 1 hour, 44 minutes :)

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    W00t Can't Wait!

(it's nearly 100 MB, not 1 Gb (1,000 Mb)
    Big but not overly huge. Plus files have tended to scale with Hard Drive size increases.
  • Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have posted it on my blog. If yall to share it please share the post on my blog. I have the download links in it.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It was a 2 hour interview, but with editing/post production, it weighted in at 1 hour, 44 minutes :)

ok, i'll download it then, but I hope it is great as you say it is or no Vodka tonic for you!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    We got Craig how could it get better

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    (it's nearly 100 MB, not 1 Gb (1,000 Mb)

deeerrrrrrrrp
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    ok, i'll download it then, but I hope it is great as you say it is or no Vodka tonic for you!

lol! Aandre is definitely ok with that deal... but either way, please let me know what ya think of the show :)

• Options
    edited February 2013
    If it sounds quite put headphones on, it sounds a bit better

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Oh and we did mention bard for you Truth

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Will there be a transcript? I don't know why, but for some reason the download doesn't want to finish for me. It gets about half way and stops. I have tryed twice already, a third time trying right now.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Uhhh... It should be on Itunes later

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Im on my second listen through. I was in it and still cant believe what we got in it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    got it working.

andy is hard to hear. very low volume mic. so i turned up the volume. THEN AANDRE SAYS SOMETHING! . :D
  • Options
    sturussturus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great job guys. Good info
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    thanks. I had to keep my mouth shut, but I was so excited about this one

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I give the NOCS Podcast my new Death's Seal of Approval

Sealofaproval2_zps1f69ce70.png

The red on the side are crowbars

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Please tell me that 44 mins of that isn't the intro? :p
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Please tell me that 44 mins of that isn't the intro? :p

No he didnt even put all the song in. It is about 2-3 minutes at most

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The Neverwinter Online Crossroads Show Episode 2 is ready for download!
    ** I hope the community gives these guys props, this has been a long time coming, so I hope ya'll enjoyed listening to the show as much as we enjoyed doing it...

Was looking forward to it. Downloading it now.

Hope you asked some real questions unlike the "Miss World" questions which they are usually used to answering.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Was looking forward to it. Downloading it now.

Hope you asked some real questions unlike the "Miss World" questions which they are usually used to answering.

Oh, don't worry, I asked some real questions!

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I'm working on a second edit, which raises Andy's vocals. Unfortunately, it was recorded in a single track so its very difficult to edit as multiple people talk at once throughout the podcast. If I feel I can get it better than the copy I posted here, I'll release it asap.

• Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Was nice. "Shard of Night" was a good news to me. I will go and get it back for Selune.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    well aside from the volume issues and a few rough edit spots, I think you've come a long way from your first show, well done man.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    well aside from the volume issues and a few rough edit spots, I think you've come a long way from your first show, well done man.

Wow, well thank you Storm! ;)

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Ok, re-editing is going to going well.. I think its safe to say I'll be uploading my final edit sometime tonight/tomorrow morning.

I'm sorry to those who had problems, I was as excited as some of you were to get the show out, but I'm listening to the feedback and I want to get you the very best recording I can with the technology I have.

• Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great Job! Some very nice questions, awesome to have Cryptic opening up and talking to the community. As a forum member dating back to the beginning - It was really nice to see this podcast.

Just one thing Andre . . . Mic OFF when someone else is talking please!!!!! I think I heard a bong hit in there. ;P
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    razorrxgdb wrote: »
    Great Job! Some very nice questions, awesome to have Cryptic opening up and talking to the community. As a forum member dating back to the beginning - It was really nice to see this podcast.

Just one thing Andre . . . Mic OFF when someone else is talking please!!!!! I think I heard a bong hit in there. ;P

LOL! No bong, I dont do drugs. However, my mic is too good. Future podcasts will have the mic issues under control, and will be recorded in multiple tracks ;) Thanks for the props - and apologies for the open mic!! Lesson learned. :)

• Options
    aragoharagoh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sent you a private msg Aandre but not sure if you got it. Just had some questions for ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Credit: Syreian: Devient Art
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    I loved the questions and I am very happy with the level of answers you got.

They really opened up the gates and it's great to see. Of course there's still a few things left to be answered but I think that PodCast has had as much new information released as we got in the last two months combined...

And while there's no huge news releases (I wasn't expecting any) a lot of questions I have seen on the forums for months now have finally been answered. Thank you so much Andy, Mapolis and Craig!
    This means a lot more to us than I think you could imagine and it's very much appreciated.