test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NOCS Exclusive Podcast with Lead Producer Andy Velasquez and Crypticmapolis!

Comments

• Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I made sure to send out more thank yous. It was so great that they did this for us.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chaddiwickerchaddiwicker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I totally didn't expect you to ask my question. :o Thanks! That was fun. :)
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I totally didn't expect you to ask my question. :o Thanks! That was fun. :)

LOL! Glad you liked it... I was saving that one for just the right moment ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    chili1179chili1179 Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Definitely worth a listen to anyone who has been looking for answers to some of the hot questions, good job.
    There is a rumor floating around that I am working on a new foundry quest. It was started by me.
  • Options
    rohk007rohk007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i liked the passion you guys had in the interview, says alot to have strong community members like you doing this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ok folks, just about done the re-edit, it sounds MUCH better. For those who'd like a much cleaner copy, its worth the download... and for those who haven't downloaded it yet at all... you're missing out on the fun!! :)

I'll post one more time here when the edit is complete and the upload is ready for download.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    One question I really wished was asked is about the music, while there is a lot of great music in the game, there was also some major copypasta of music from both CO and STO that did not have a D&D feel to it and really ruined the setting, I was wondering if they were going to remedy this or leave it as is?
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ok Ill be watching to post it

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aethandor8785aethandor8785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Aandre and Deathssickle, you both did a great job, and a special thanks to Andy, Mapolis and Craig for taking the time to answer so many informative questions with the amount of honesty that they they did.
    Tyrs Paladium
    A Cleric has 99 problems, but a Lich aint one!
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I typically read while on lunch at work but I listened to it instead and it was really good, very informative, upbeat, and well planned as far as I could tell. I think it was great that Andy, Craig, and Mapolis took the time to do this for the community.

I must say Aandre you have a good voice for Radio, at times it sounded like a Radio show or something.

Great Job Aandre and Death, thank you both for setting this up for the community! You both get a gold star! * *
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Honestly how does my voice sound?(Id just like to know) I know Aandre is great.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Honestly how does my voice sound?(Id just like to know) I know Aandre is great.

I thought you sounded great Death... and you'll hear yourself much better now! ;)

I was able to drop my voice a tad and raise everyone elses (leveling as its called in the music business), no easy task when everyone is on the exact same channel, but due to the fact I knew so many were waiting to hear something like this for so long, it was totally worth the editing time. (It's the best I could do with a one track Skype recording.)

For easiness: NOCS Episode 2

By the way, I just uploaded the final copy to the top of the thread, so feel free to download what I hope, is a much more enjoyable to listen to version.

• Options
    kadlenakadlena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for putting this together. I was seriously in need of a mini nevercrack fix.

My favorite question was the one about changes they've made based on community feedback.... Very encouraging, and sounds like they really do care! :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I thought you sounded great Death... and you'll hear yourself much better now! ;)

I was able to drop my voice a tad and raise everyone elses (leveling as its called in the music business), no easy task when everyone is on the exact same channel, but due to the fact I knew so many were waiting to hear something like this for so long, it was totally worth the editing time. (It's the best I could do with a one track Skype recording.)

For easiness: NOCS Episode 2

By the way, I just uploaded the final copy to the top of the thread, so feel free to download what I hope, is a much more enjoyable to listen to version.

Thanks Aandre, It may just be that thing when you hear yourself on recording and think you sound weird, I always think I sound strange recorded(Ive started getting used to it).(not that it deters me from recording youtube vids and wanting to be on NOCS.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    viledeeds77#8676 viledeeds77 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Death your voice sounded good as well. I can detect a hint of an accent and to me it sounds southern but I could be fooled. You sound like you're from around my area of the country, oklahoma here so not saying much lol!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It sounds tons better It is great man everyone sounds on the same level. Its perfect Mods, Devs I expect this to at least be on the facebook page sometime tomorrow. It would be nice if yall could post it from my blog.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    faleth77 wrote: »
    Death your voice sounded good as well. I can detect a hint of an accent and to me it sounds southern but I could be fooled. You sound like you're from around my area of the country, oklahoma here so not saying much lol!

Im an Arkansan, so you were close.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited February 2013
    I just listened through the podcast, and I may have missed it, did they talk at all about the class restrictions on items? I know they talked a little bit about free form and customization.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    No I didnt get to that. Would yall like that one next time we have Mapolis on? Tried to hit everything, but having Craig on blew my mind.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    They didn't seem very receptive to Freeform charcters, but it seemed they were thinking about "truly" freeform. What about a "Fighter Freeform", selecting abilitys, feats, etc from just the pool that the fighter types have. The same with "freeform Cleric" etc.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    They didn't seem very receptive to Freeform charcters, but it seemed they were thinking about "truly" freeform. What about a "Fighter Freeform", selecting abilitys, feats, etc from just the pool that the fighter types have. The same with "freeform Cleric" etc.

They did say they may slowly add it after launch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited February 2013
    No I didnt get to that. Would yall like that one next time we have Mapolis on? Tried to hit everything, but having Craig on blew my mind.

It definitely is one of my primary concerns. I don't want to have to be stuck with just dual wielding as a rogue, though the fact that they are using premade builds as classes and have attack animations dedicated to whatever weapon combination each released class is stuck with warrants my skepticism, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
  • Options
    daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    They did say they may slowly add it after launch

oh, i must that. thank you.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    oh, i must that. thank you.

Hey Daytona, for what it's worth now, updated link to the show should be much easier to listen to! :)

• Options
    kyllroy2kyllroy2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 309 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Listening to the new upload now. very clear and thanks Andre and Death for your sides. Thanks Team Cryptic!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    kyllroy2 wrote: »
    Listening to the new upload now. very clear and thanks Andre and Death for your sides. Thanks Team Cryptic!

Well thanks for listening. I need to go to bed know, I have some transcriptions to do tomorrow for my Friday Bible Study(Romans Chapter 1)(We are going to try transcribe the entire Bible a couple chapters a week.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kadlenakadlena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 298
    edited February 2013
    kyllroy2 wrote: »

Yes, listening again. Much clearer & catching some things that I missed before. Thanks taking the time to clean it up, Aandre!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    kadlena wrote: »
    Yes, listening again. Much clearer & catching some things that I missed before. Thanks taking the time to clean it up, Aandre!

I am glad you and others are giving it another go, and most importantly can tell, and like the difference.

• Options
    jadescimitarjadescimitar Member Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Woot woot! Hats off to Aandre and Death for a great podcast! Great big thanks to C-Map, Andy V, and Craig Z for answering all of our questions!

Luved it and even got a mention! Woot woot!
    ;)
    Z2DEDiN.jpg
    This city promises death for the meek, glory for the bold, danger for all, and riches for Jade!
    Elven Trickster Rogue: Two-bladed elf, tons of stabby stabby and that sort of thing...
    | R. A. Salvatore | My Minions | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Elven Translator |
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What a good job. Thanks for this.