test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NOCS Exclusive Podcast with Lead Producer Andy Velasquez and Crypticmapolis!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I respect your wishes Syfylis, but I'm sorry man, I just don't care that that much about PvP. Now if you'd like to do a podcast on PvP and see if you can garner the interest, then carry that torch and knock yourself out. ;) Unfortunately, the community is not knocking down my door to do a podcast on PvP!

Now, if the community wants a show that badly based just on PvP, then hit me up on our new show website (http://neverwinteronlinecrossroadsshow.com/blog/) or on twitter (NOCS3), and we'll do a kick <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> show on it (I'd certainly try my best). We definitely take show requests so folks hit us up on the aforementioned avenues or even my email at aandre_the_giant@aol.com

We love getting ideas so ... do it do it! ;)

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I respect your wishes Syfylis, but I'm sorry man, I just don't care that that much about PvP. Now if you'd like to do a podcast on PvP and see if you can garner the interest, then carry that torch and knock yourself out. ;) Unfortunately, the community is not knocking down my door to do a podcast on PvP!

Now, if the community wants a show that badly based just on PvP, then hit me up on our new show website (http://neverwinteronlinecrossroadsshow.com/blog/) or on twitter (NOCS3), and we'll do a kick <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> show on it (I'd certainly try my best). We definitely take show requests so folks hit us up on the aforementioned avenues or even my email at aandre_the_giant@aol.com

We love getting ideas so ... do it do it! ;)

I used pvp as example and you could write that there will be nothing about pvp and i would listen podcast anyway. The point is not that you didn't ask much about pvp but you asked and didn't give details.Same with questions about guilds.

You ask some question but you dont develop them.

I don't care about which part of game you want to talk about but when you do then try to give us so much info as possible.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    syfylis wrote: »
    The point is not that you didn't ask much about pvp but you asked for and didn't give details.

Ok, well I'd be interested to know each question you have remaining that we didn't cover and hit me up on above link. Other than that I'll take your (constructive?) criticism under advisement, and thank you for listening to the show.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    them1sterturtlethem1sterturtle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    aandrethegiant I am out of town but saw on the forums that it was confirmed two weapon ranger was first ranger that will be released later? Is this in the first or second podcast ?

Can't wait to listen to them both and thanks for doing this for the community.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    aandrethegiant I am out of town but saw on the forums that it was confirmed two weapon ranger was first ranger that will be released later? Is this in the first or second podcast ?

Can't wait to listen to them both and thanks for doing this for the community.

Im not sure about the 1st podcast, but we brought this up in episode 2 and ranged ranger and warlock should be in soon after the game releases. They said classes were a major project as soon as the beta concludes. They mentioned two classes were under heavy development but would not confirm which two classes it was, however others in the community reported files pertaining to ranged ranger and warlock, so its looking like ranged will be in before two weapon fighting rangers, but thats only a guess. Side note, another scoop we kindly received was Andy said Warlock and Bard were his two favorite classes to play and they'll be in the game "before you know it!"

• Options
    deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Im not sure about the 1st podcast, but we brought this up in episode 2 and ranged ranger and warlock should be in soon after the game releases. They said classes were a major project as soon as the beta concludes. They mentioned two classes were under heavy development but would not confirm which two classes it was, however others in the community reported files pertaining to ranged ranger and warlock, so its looking like ranged will be in before two weapon fighting rangers, but thats only a guess. Side note, another scoop we kindly received was Andy said Warlock and Bard were his two favorite classes to play and they'll be in the game "before you know it!"
    They had confirmed the two weapon ranger a while back,

Anyways, Ill try to begin a transcription of this on Monday
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bringthenoise001bringthenoise001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Andre/Death,

I do feel concious that I keep on harping on about it (well my wife keeps telling me I do), but their doesn't seem to be even a wiff about a playable Barbarian class. For me, I feel the Barbarian is jusy as intregral to D&D as the Ranger and it gives the chance of any nutters out there an opportunity to release some of their pent up rage.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Andre/Death,

I do feel concious that I keep on harping on about it (well my wife keeps telling me I do), but their doesn't seem to be even a wiff about a playable Barbarian class. For me, I feel the Barbarian is jusy as intregral to D&D as the Ranger and it gives the chance of any nutters out there an opportunity to release some of their pent up rage.

True true. For now though you can sink your teeth into the Great Weapon Fighter. You talk about walking destruction, he kicks total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I want to see as many classes as they can fit in. I wouldnt care if they never added content to the game after launch. I'd love to see them focus solely on races and classes and spells and other combat abilities like tactics for melees and crowd control for casters.

Let the lore hounds (old school D&D players) make the quests, use company resources to make those quests more fun to run by providing lots of options. Build character development out by adding skills and chances to fail to such entities as spells, traps, tohit, saves etc.

That's my honest opinion on how I'd love to see the dev team's time spent. I'm sure they have a slightly different vision however. ;)

• Options
    edited February 2013
    I have started transcribing episode 2 afterwards I will send a copy of the transcription to Aandre to look over and then he can post it on the NOCS site and me post it on my blog.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Can anyone reupload this somewhere else? I'd love to get a copy or link to it to give it more exposure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiT_nNVcGDQ&feature=youtu.be

Uploaded to YouTube so people can listen without downloading.

Please ignore the awful image quality, sound works fine.
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiT_nNVcGDQ&feature=youtu.be

Uploaded to YouTube so people can listen without downloading.

Please ignore the awful image quality, sound works fine.

The new site lets you listen to it without need to download

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The new site lets you listen to it without need to download

I'm aware, I just find YouTube more friendly that's all.

I've directed viewers back to the origin anyway :)
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • Options
    zerickzerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I’m not really much of a forum person, but like many others, I’m looking forward to the game and have been reading to get my fix. I just wanted to say that I really appreciate you guys doing the broadcast and Cryptic taking the time to give that information. I imagine it’s very difficult for them to answer questions without putting themselves in a vulnerable position for trolls later on. I found the interview was really informative and answered a lot of areas I was curious about. I hope you guys keep up the awesome work. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    at 1:02:25 is Aandre smoking a bowl? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    apocrs1980 wrote: »
    at 1:02:25 is Aandre smoking a bowl? lol

Funny stuff ;) No, drug free here and proud of it. All that was just a stray mic and straight up mute button neglect! ;)

• Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    right on was just pokin' a lil fun awesome interview guys thanks for doing it! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • Options
    slambitslambit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 282 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    Love the information Andre, but you need to let your guests answer your questions without constantly interupting them :)
  • Options
    bluesteel8bluesteel8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    slambit wrote: »
    Love the information Andre, but you need to let your guests answer your questions without constantly interupting them :)

Im so guilty of doing that myself in any general conversation.
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
    The Older Gamers (25+) - Never too old to play games
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    slambit wrote: »

Good advice Slambit. However, I knew going in time was of the essence so I needed to keep things moving... as I wanted to ensure I got to as many questions as I possibly could. (We in fact did get to them all!)

I will definitely keep this is mind for future broadcasts, however, and appreciate the tip.

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Good advice Slambit. However, I knew going in time was of the essence so I needed to keep things moving... as I wanted to ensure I got to as many questions as I possibly could. (We in fact did get to them all!)

I will definitely keep this is mind for future broadcasts, however, and appreciate the tip.

Yah we our time with Andy (and Craig(who was a surprise)) was supposed to be shorter so we tried to get as much out of it as possible.

BTW Aandre, Mapolis wont be able to do anything with NOCS or my blog or anything for a while.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    yes, understandable to be able to fit everything in there. But please record everyone on different channels. Then you can edit yourself out of the conversation where your voice drowns out the respondent. If you could do this, then you could also increase volumes so all match, and reduce noise. Easy steps to make it less of a chore to listen to.

Please continue this, I will be checking for pod-casts.

Oh, and I hope you interview foundry-authors of the week, or something.

If you do, I suggest two books that will inform you of alot of tricks of the trade.

Communication Matters Kory Floyd 2011
    Interviewing; Principles and Practices Stewart & Cash 2013

I'd let you borrow mine, but I need them :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    yes, understandable to be able to fit everything in there. But please record everyone on different channels. Then you can edit yourself out of the conversation where your voice drowns out the respondent. If you could do this, then you could also increase volumes so all match, and reduce noise. Easy steps to make it less of a chore to listen to.

Please continue this, I will be checking for pod-casts.

Oh, and I hope you interview foundry-authors of the week, or something.

If you do, I suggest two books that will inform you of alot of tricks of the trade.

Communication Matters Kory Floyd 2011
    Interviewing; Principles and Practices Stewart & Cash 2013

I'd let you borrow mine, but I need them :D

Yah we Aandre will be recording each person on there own channel now

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'd like to really thank those who cared enough to offer advice. I will freely take it and appreciate the fact that folks have taken the time to tell us they like the show in addition to their opinions on how the show can be improved. You guys/gals rock.

• Options
    spellwardenspellwarden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 357 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    No charge :D That is, once the game comes out, and if I have the time to start reviewing foundry-content, allow me on the show now and again to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about stuff. pleeeeeeeeeeeze
  • Options
    belzubbelzub Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited February 2013
    I just listened to the podcast wich was a great show and I really enjoyed it alot. I especially love the quality of the questions. I was really suprised and happy how good the questions were.

However I have a couple of issues with the show. I will try and give some constructive advice and in no way meant to be destructive criticism.

(1) Audio balancing. It was really hard sometimes to hear the guests so I had to turn the volume up alot to suddenly have my eardrums blown when Andre burst into laughter.

(2) Push-to-talk. This point was highlighted by many but it was annoying at time hearing unwanted sounds

(3) Dont interrupt the guests. At several times you guys kept interrupting the guests when they were trying to answer the questions. You guys said the reason was to get through as many questions as you could, but honestly you spoke more than the guests about the questions right after they tried to answer. I understand that you want to have the show to feel more like a conversation but the listeners in all fairness want to hear what the guests has to say rather your own inputs. If you want to discuss the answers keep a guest free segment after the show and discuss the topics between the hosts.

(4) Less is more! If you guys feel you have too many questions and too little time then pull the most wanted questions. Also what I mean with less is more is what I tried to highlight in point (3) wich is less hosts speaking and let the guests talk more. As Im listening to the podcast again I really feel that this is the point you have to work with the most. Let the guest talk and no interruptions.

Lastly I want to say all in all a great show and thank you guys for taking your time to make this. I'm very happy that we have an up and coming podcast for NWO since I personally listen to many game podcasts. And a big thanks to the guests who took their time from a busy schedule and answered the many many questions.