test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Power Changes Coming to Neverwinter

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2016 in News & Announcements
Later this afternoon, the Cryptic team will be pushing an update to our test server that will include several changes to class powers and the Lostmauth Artifact set. We’ll have a full forum post up in our test server forums that will detail fully the changes that are coming to several class powers and the gear set.

Remember, this is only the FIRST set of changes. We need to do balancing little by little instead of in one fell swoop.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9895123-power-changes-coming-to-neverwinter

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Completely real, guys.

• Options
    rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Can u link to the official thread and not just the default forum overview?
    Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    No offense, but i'm going with April Fool’s joke, and not just because of the date of today.

Power changes... ok, that might really happen at some point in the far future.
    But any change to the Lostmauth set... that is just unbelievable after all the threads with and without polls about it.
    And improvements coming to the horrendous level 60-70 grind, while the XP boosters are still in the ZEN shop... yeah, right.

Last but not least, there is no winning in this one here...
    one way or another, you will end up with an angry mob on your hands.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Agreed with rhadamathys. It feels like details are intentionally trying to be hidden by not providing clear, direct links to the information.

I also know that any time I see an announcement post with that image it means "HAMSTER meets fan in 3...2...1...". The faces just clearly say "WTF is this?!"

I am otherwise optimistically interested in whatever these EE changes are, and worried about how much time and AD the lostmauth changes will end up costing me as I may have to regear three slots on multiple characters (and I'd have to wait for double refinement to do it, no less).
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    ... Are we going to have to redo EE on ALL our toons now for some campaign?
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User

ugh. i hope not
  • Options
    The specific threads will be posted on Preview sometime later today.

• Options

Well lets hope everyone does not delete the LM set like they did characters last April Fools. lol

Haha. Using "we're fixing two of the biggest gameplay issues in Neverwinter" as a joke would be pretty cruel, don't you think? I mean, we like to talk about Cryptic being incompetent, but they're not malicious, right?

*looks at the t-bar store*

On second thought...
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    Yeah lets nerf elol set while BI set is dealing 2k dmg in total over whole Phantasmal Fortress,

@strumslinger do u rly think its step in right direction? I dont think so... maybe boost all other pathetic sets?

For once do something clever there.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    DCs, get ready for your semi-annual nerfs!
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options

Yeah lets nerf elol set while BI set is dealing 2k dmg in total over whole Phantasmal Fortress,

@strumslinger do u rly think its step in right direction? I dont think so... maybe boost all other pathetic sets?

For once do something clever there.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

I assumed BI was designed for PvP. Piercing damage is awesome there, and just about everything else about IWD has always fed into its derelict PvP feature.
  • Options
    commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer

I'll answer this to allay any concerns. Our goal with the EE campaign from the very start was to have it reward players who have made progress in the existing zones, i.e. if you've already completed Spinward Rise, then you'll have completed all the Spinward Rise tasks in the campaign.

We'll have more details to come about how this works.
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    If this is in fact a aprils foold joke, its a cruel one :P

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options

If this is in fact a aprils foold joke, its a cruel one :P

I dunno, already three responses from cryptic employees, including a dev? They've already exceeded the maximum amount of communication with the playerbase that they allow in any month with that alone. Pretty suspicious.
  • Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    *giggles and polishes her Valindra's Artifact Set* Oh... oh I am go glad I never changed to the LM set...
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    If it's true and you're doing any power/balance change based on PvP complains posts, congratz, you just screwed the game.
  • Options
    setillsetill Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    How about fixing bugs before trying to implement more bugs ? Asking because we know how you guys work now.
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    It's funny how that even with @commanderander confirming the blog post, most people are still highly sceptical. And with Cryptic's history of questionable "game improvements" it would seem only prudent to continue with this scepticism.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    rondy44rondy44 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Put a Cooldown on sets, boons, buffs. This the only thing the game needs to balance.

CD it's the solution. CD it's the solution. CD it's the solution.

• Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    heh..

May 2015 - http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/4407396 "Lostmauth 3/3 set bonus"
    June 2015 - http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12581564 "lol set too powerful, buff other sets!"
    *leaves change color*
    *jingle bells, jingle bells*
    *happy new year!*
    *snow melts*
    *sun comes out*
    April 2016 - We glad you all bought and refined lostmauth set to max. Now we're gonna nerf it. =X

=O

I don't really know what to say. Yay? for steps in the right direction? Boo for taking a year?

Maybe next blog post you will fix the botting economy, and ban goldspammers? ;D

Keep it up?
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Standing by . . .
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    This sounds like something the US government would say.

"We don't know where, we don't know when, we don't know how. But, somewhere, something bad is going to happen. Thank you for your time, no further questions."
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Guess I will be leveling a SW then, because without the lolset, my CW just became a pure support class with a dps spec that does less damage than GF or DC.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    regenerde said:

But any change to the Lostmauth set... that is just unbelievable after all the threads with and without polls about it.

None of which was officially endorsed, nowhere did they say, "oh well, if public opinion says they wanna keep their overpowered tat, we'll just have to leave it alone".

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited April 2016

regenerde said:

None of which was officially endorsed, nowhere did they say, "oh well, if public opinion says they wanna keep their overpowered tat, we'll just have to leave it alone".
    Let's just say, it is way to obvious... the power changes alone, ok, that might have worked today.
    But adding LM artifact + EE areas rework to it?
    Yeah... right.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Power changes like Into the Fray I hope..!? One power granting up to 80% damage to the entire party....

Way too many buffs in the game.