What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Storm Spell Changes Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yep they cry and quit at each difficulty. :)
  • Options
    mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    But they're never really gone. They just exodus to the next FotM.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have no problem with them nerfing a CW's offensive ability as they seem to be doing week in and week out if it is to balance the CW with other classes, but then they must increase the defensive abilities of the CW to balance that with other classes.

The CW has always been week in the HP department and strong in the damage department. So ... if you want to reduce the offence increase the defense to be closer to that of other classes.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mynaam wrote: »
    The CW has always been week in the HP department and strong in the damage department. So ... if you want to reduce the offence increase the defense to be closer to that of other classes.

True. And if you do so, i want some CC skills for GWF too. I want something like opression, or give me smokebomb from TR. I think its a fair wish to get closer to other dps classes who can do CC too.

• Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    trennin wrote: »
    I have been a cw in this game for a long time and I have seen you cut our damage by a huge amount back in mod 4 so that the new class sw could be top dps.

Ah ok, that's why my CW can't kill anything now when in PvE mode. Even failed a Dread Ring minidungeon.
    Yes they've been stats for months and months by CW players, with charts and graphs and all, explaining that it was not a good thing that all the CW damage comes from one single feature. Storm Spell being the one and only source of damage, meant that there was zero versatility in the builds, and that any build nnede to include it.

So, nerfing Storm Spell, why not. But as often the devs made a mistake in their understanding of their initial mistake. The nerf of SS had to be compensated by a raise of something else.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    spideymt wrote: »
    i want some CC skills for GWF too.

No because if the GWF is given cc and survivability and dps, then it's turned into a TR. The best power of GWF, Hidden Daggers, is already a TR one, there is no need to TR even more the GWF.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's been long overdue, become CONTROL wizards instead of Cuntroll wizard with both broken dps and control.

As for SW vs CW - in m5's PvE I was beat on DPS chart by a CW only once. That was CN run and only because I was lagging badly. However, those equally geared CWs have never been too from me on those charts (5m-10m max). And that's considering broken TT ticks, skyrocketing at some circumstances up to 2.5m. I also had MC set for boss fights. What did it require for CW to catch up? DC Sigil and Opressing Force daily spamm for 2-4m each depending on our cleric. And before you CWs open your mouths again - my point is, the rest unCW second sort classes had to push themselves so hard, all over the Neverwinter's history, like you never did. Without broken TT and MC set SW would never stand near by CWs on DPS chart lol So no, ****ing Storm Spell, get ****ing nerfed at last.
    Time your sings.

P.S I saw a GF/GWF soloing a CN too. :X
  • Options
    capkokocapkoko Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Many of you laugh hard with this nerf but remember this when they decide to tweak/broke other clases. The day they nerf TRs will see a big cry or they day they decide to change HRs.
    Many of tou seems to forget that much of the insane damage comes from the stupid enchants broken at transcendent level. And not talk if you have the lostmauth set. Need i talk about transcendent feytoched? or negation? Do i have to talk about the combo of the GF encounter+T feytoched? The avalanche multi proc? and many other bugs that affects everyone. Almost everyone i inspected that killed me has T enchants on weapon and armor so instead of nerfing class features they shold take a look (a good one) to those enchants.
  • Options
    rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    It's been long overdue, become CONTROL wizards instead of Cuntroll wizard with both broken dps and control.

As for SW vs CW - in m5's PvE I was beat on DPS chart by a CW only once. That was CN run and only because I was lagging badly. However, those equally geared CWs have never been too from me on those charts (5m-10m max). And that's considering broken TT ticks, skyrocketing at some circumstances up to 2.5m. I also had MC set for boss fights. What did it require for CW to catch up? DC Sigil and Opressing Force daily spamm for 2-4m each depending on our cleric. And before you CWs open your mouths again - my point is, the rest unCW second sort classes had to push themselves so hard, all over the Neverwinter's history, like you never did. Without broken TT and MC set SW would never stand near by CWs on DPS chart lol So no, ****ing Storm Spell, get ****ing nerfed at last.
    Time your sings.

P.S I saw a GF/GWF soloing a CN too. :X

i wanna see a hr do this primary striker damage and i dont even play it anymore cause of mod 6. replace cw and hr roles. make cw a controller which they arent currently and make hr a striker which they arent currently.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You're really proud of your gimmick build and no one cares
  • Options
    malkybutt#2722 malkybutt Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Time to polish my MoF build then xD.**** you devs, I got my Horn the past day and now it's ****ed up, geez :c.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    umsche wrote: »
    Yep they cry and quit at each difficulty. :)

honestly i think most of the cw's are just afraid of how bad this really is. as in are there going to be secret nerfs like with the tr alongside it or are we going to even be wanted in pvp and dungeons. whats our damage gonna be like? are we going to have to spend a ton redoing our build? questions people ask when their class is nerfed. and ill adapt i know i will. but others arent sure if they want to

lesson to sum everything up : people are afraid of change.
  • Options
    humorisbenefithumorisbenefit Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, I took few months break and now played few weeks.... it seems it were mistake to play again... need just keep profession run via gateway and hope that can return later...

Why no nerf tr piercingdmage/permalame(stealth)....
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    i wanna see a hr do this primary striker damage and i dont even play it anymore cause of mod 6. replace cw and hr roles. make cw a controller which they arent currently and make hr a striker which they arent currently.

Sure lets make the entangled forcé last 5 or 10 seconds on players and let the rage start, want control? take control. Assuming you are SW you have an encounter similar to the entangled forcé that last more time even with more control strengh. My CW is a good Dps one but im allways overpowered in damage if there is a SW on party and not by few millions. sometimes is by 30 M on damage. You cant nerf things just by the total damage you do or not in the DD. The things were just fine, except some bugs and things, until they made the transcendent stuff. Then all become crazy. You see that in PVP while trying to fight with a CW wit T fey + lostmauth set + T negation but also against a DC/GF/Pally with the same combo. Did you try to fight against a GWF with lazalia built and lostmauth set and T negation? They can outdamage you just with their at-wills.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    capkoko wrote: »
    Sure lets make the entangled forcé last 5 or 10 seconds on players and let the rage start, want control? take control. Assuming you are SW you have an encounter similar to the entangled forcé that last more time even with more control strengh. My CW is a good Dps one but im allways overpowered in damage if there is a SW on party and not by few millions. sometimes is by 30 M on damage. You cant nerf things just by the total damage you do or not in the DD. The things were just fine, except some bugs and things, until they made the transcendent stuff. Then all become crazy. You see that in PVP while trying to fight with a CW wit T fey + lostmauth set + T negation but also against a DC/GF/Pally with the same combo. Did you try to fight against a GWF with lazalia built and lostmauth set and T negation? They can outdamage you just with their at-wills.
    ... im a cw too dude.i thought all cw's wanted more control like me if there gonna take our damage.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Some elitist cws were mean to you back in mod 2 and you're still holding a grudge. That's real big of you. CW is a damage class and it always has been and likely will be back up again sometime soon. Try not to have a psychotic episode when it happens.
  • Options
    mrsmcsmithymrsmcsmithy Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2015
    The nerf was needed but making it unable to crit as well as giving it an ICD is overkill , I'm sure that CW will manage to survive like it has every other time it has been hit with the nerf bat .

Anyway if we see so many tears for one class feature being nerfed then I cannot wait for the inevitable Lostmauth nerf , the sweet sweet tears will nourish my soul.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ... im a cw too dude.i thought all cw's wanted more control like me if there gonna take our damage.

I though you were talking from the SW perspective maybe is because english is not my native language and i missundertood that.
    And not all CWs want more control.
    My point is that nerfs cant be done fo people crying about PVP only and i suspect thats what is happening mostly.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I cant believe this river of tears. Only bad players cry.

We are waitting a SS nerf since mod 5.

We are CWs, the best class in the game. We will adapt. As allsways.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We will adapt. As allsways.

Totally agreeing there! :) Can't wait to find out new, optimized builds and rise from the ashes :cool:!

Also, things aren't as dark as many of you assume. Just check out my first post in this very thread.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Don't complain about anything ever. Eat the steaming **** sandwich or someone will say cry on the internet.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    More like try it before you cry...
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Because you know for a fact I haven't :rolleyes: go back to your skirms
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    The only one who has posted something about it still has 20% damage coming from it, so it's still the best dps passive.

Go back to your crybaby diapers :)
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well what do y expected?
    Wow, this is incredible. Thanks to baronstragen for updating the rankings!

Both Trickster Rogue classes were taken down within hours.
    The Spellstorm Mage was on the brink of death numerous times, but finally fell to mamalion1234's blade.

(CW) Spellstorm Mage – 0 (Killed by mamalion1234)
    Next will be TR i am almost sure !
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I guess you have nothing to be upset about so you can be that thick. You'll be as bad later on as you are now and you won't be improving so who cares.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Here's my perspective on this nerf:

It's a little overkill. I think that it either should have been an ICD or no more critting, not both. But whatever, what's done is done.

However, this leads me to the question of compensation. What are we gaining to make up for such a major loss of damage? That's what I see as the issue. I always thought that one class feature being the source of so much damage was an issue. It was much more balanced prior to the shard nerf and storm spell buff. Back then, we had powers that actually dealt a lot of damage, and they were aided by our class feats. Now, we have a class feat that deals half of our damage, and we design our builds around this class feat. I see that as an issue.

Now that storm spell has been nerfed, I know I'm going to have trouble killing a mob before my stamina bar runs out. For me, the key to being able to kill a mob is to kill them before I run out of stamina. If I run out of dodges before I kill a mob, I'm in trouble. Sure, I have some controlling powers slotted, such as Oppressive Force, Steal Time, and other chill spells that freeze my enemies. But mobs are so CC resistant and immune that I cannot depend on such powers. Because of that, I need to rely on dodging, and killing them before I run out of stamina.

Since we're being buffed damage wise, I think we need some sort of compensation.
    - Boost the actual damage of our normal encounters.
    - Change some feat in the oppressor tree to allow us to negate CC resistance and immunity of mobs (not bosses). That way, controller specced CWs can actually, ya know, control...
    - Some sort of storm spell bonus -> Maybe a double chance for life steal to proc off of a storm spell tick. This makes sense to me, since it won't be proccing nearly as often, and for far less damage each time it procs.

You get the idea. I just think that this nerf needs to be counterbalanced with a buff in some other area that increases CW survivability.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    executrix83executrix83 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by strumslinger View Post
    Wow, this is incredible. Thanks to baronstragen for updating the rankings!

Both Trickster Rogue classes were taken down within hours.
    The Spellstorm Mage was on the brink of death numerous times, but finally fell to mamalion1234's blade.

(CW) Spellstorm Mage – 0 (Killed by mamalion1234)

I am wondering was this really written by our community manager? Looks to me like an edited post to troll on people.However,on the side note it is true that mamalion suggested this nerf to panderus long time ago so i guess our dear dev finally listened to him and took out his nerfhammer.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am wondering was this really written by our community manager? Looks to me like an edited post to troll on people.However,on the side note it is true that mamalion suggested this nerf to panderus long time ago so i guess our dear dev finally listened to him and took out his nerfhammer.

devtracker- PAGE 10
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/devtracker.php?page=10

I dont want to upset y i just tell this event ,i think was serius hou died at the first two page are the most hated classes by other players so i think devs wanted to know wo is the most hated OP class .

frist 3 was TR (WK&MI) & CW(SM)
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl