Install Arc
Options

Difficulty of t2 is fine.

2»

Comments

• Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    most players prefer to cry than learn to play.

Difficulty is totally fine.
  • Options
    siestrionsiestrion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Difficulty is too high.
    Most players will find other games to play, rather than play a game that's too difficult with dailies that are too tedious and dungeons with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rewards.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    siestrion wrote: »
    Difficulty is too high.
    Most players will find other games to play, rather than play a game that's too difficult with dailies that are too tedious and dungeons with <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> rewards.

Players that aren't willing to get better are players that aren't worth keeping. As soon as something doesn't go their way, they throw a tantrum and quit.
  • Options
    siestrionsiestrion Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    smulch wrote: »
    Players that aren't willing to get better are players that aren't worth keeping. As soon as something doesn't go their way, they throw a tantrum and quit.

Losing a mass quantity of players is a sure way to kill a game.
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    smulch wrote: »

Um... so, you dont want this game to live any more? Or do you wish it a quick death?
    Cos this is how you get a quick death of a game.. <<

If you think the amount of players spending zen right now is enough to keep it as it is you are wrong.
    And eventually the PC version will drop dead.
    But i am sure you can always switch to X box and continue.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2015
    siestrion wrote: »
    Losing a mass quantity of players is a sure way to kill a game.

Making a game for the lowest common denominator is also a sure way to kill a game.
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    araneax wrote: »
    If you think the amount of players spending zen right now is enough to keep it as it is you are wrong.
    And eventually the PC version will drop dead.
    But i am sure you can always switch to X box and continue.

If NW on Xbox is profitable but NW on PC is unprofitable, then, very likely, NW on PC will continue to exist as testing/debugging/feedback for Xbox.
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sangrine wrote: »
    If NW on Xbox is profitable but NW on PC is unprofitable, then, very likely, NW on PC will continue to exist as testing/debugging/feedback for Xbox.

It does not pay off to keep it up. It is expensive to keep it going. It is like a black hole sucking out all the money and you dont get anything back.
    No profitable/ capitalist company would keep such a thing.
    Think as a person leading it... why would you even think of keeping something around that just gets your rates down.
    It could even mean your stock market price going down.

( I was talking in general about any game ) .... this is gonna go to the bad zone isn't it... =/
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    araneax wrote: »
    It does not pay off to keep it up. It is expensive to keep it going. It is like a black hole sucking out all the money and you dont get anything back.

Cryptic needs us to find exploits,bugs,cheats in their game, so that the Xbox version is higher quality.
    In the past, Cryptic has been unable to find these "weaknesses" by themselves.
    Without us, the xbox NW would be a lower quality product.

Cryptic gets much in return from the money spent on this game.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I dont know about others, maybe lot of people wasnt here in the beta, but I can still remember those days when I queued to CN and died by 1 shot in the first corridor. Same in the rest of the dungeon.

Dread Vault was very hard, Spellplague and Karrundax were hard, Icespire Peak boss was tough, and even other dungeons needed a bit of coordination or pay attention to complete.

We are in the same spot now, that is good for the game, I agree that some things need a look, like some arp from monsters or some bugs, or some solo-content areas, because the difficulty must be in epic dungeons, not in normal areas.

That said, all this work can be useless if they dont change the rewards in dungeons, at least make the 40-seal cache BoE so players can sell it and others can pay for the gear.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I dont know about others, maybe lot of people wasnt here in the beta, but I can still remember those days when I queued to CN and died by 1 shot in the first corridor. Same in the rest of the dungeon.

Dread Vault was very hard, Spellplague and Karrundax were hard, Icespire Peak boss was tough, and even other dungeons needed a bit of coordination or pay attention to complete.

We are in the same spot now, that is good for the game, I agree that some things need a look, like some arp from monsters or some bugs, or some solo-content areas, because the difficulty must be in epic dungeons, not in normal areas.

That said, all this work can be useless if they dont change the rewards in dungeons, at least make the 40-seal cache BoE so players can sell it and others can pay for the gear.

The game is a lot harder, it's like the first 6-months again. It was necessary, simple as that. I think there's room to tweak some things, but despite any perception to the contrary, it's almost completely a l2p problem (learn to play). There are bugs, sure, but again despite the screaming to the contrary, they are not completely game breaking. I'm a CW. before m6 dropped, I hadn't done more than 5 pvp matches TOTAL since the Leaderboards were released. Now, I have full Burning and shortly will have 1/2 of that upgraded to Elemental. How much money have I spent since m6? $0. ZERO. ZIP. ZILTCH. Do I get really annoyed at TRs in PvP? sure. Do I run into bugs that trip me up and in some cases kill me? Yeah. Have I seen Cryptic fixing bugs? Absolutely. Now, they haven't fixed all of them, but they only have so many cycles and some bugs, despite what one might think, are harder to nail down than others.

I'd love to hear more about what they're doing other than weekly patch notes. I'm sure they're trying to figure out a way to do that and not mess up their marketing plans or run into competition problems by divulging too much information... that's a business reality we'll have to deal with because it's not going to change. We have to trust that they don't want to go out of business and get fired any more than we want them too, so we're all in this together. We need to act in good faith as much as they do.

The point I'm making is - YES, the game is harder, but it's not impossible. You just have to adapt to the new reality. Crying about it won't do anyone any good. There is room for adjustment to the mechanics, but probably not a lot. 90% (at least) of the adjustment has to be made by players learning the new reality of the game. I didn't want to let go of my HV set, and I was really unhappy the first few weeks - but once I let that go and got new lvl 70 gear (T1 from eLoL in my case to start) the game opened up like a rose at dawn for me. It will for you too. As always, this is an MMO, you can't have the best gear instantly - and in the case of Neverwinter, you can't buy it either (luckily).
  • Options
    grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    Um... I have successfully TR Tanked eCC a couple times and I am sub 2500. It is about skill and usefulness. It is not all about DPS or gear.

I call this rubbish. You can't tank as a TR, because TRs do not generate aggro at all! Plus, it is about DPS. A low DPS group won't be able to beat Traven Blackdagger in years.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    grabmoore wrote: »
    I call this rubbish. You can't tank as a TR, because TRs do not generate aggro at all! Plus, it is about DPS. A low DPS group won't be able to beat Traven Blackdagger in years.

Haven't tried it in m6, but I solo'd eCC with my sabo TR perma. Took me a full hour to kill blackdagger because my DPS was so low (it's an alt, my alts are mostly PE leadership farmers, but I liked the perma thing - don't hit me for saying that!). Not sure of the mechanics have changed in there in m6, but if not, it might take 2 hours or more now but I imagine it's still possible even if it would be REAAAAALY boring to do.

BTW, sure TRs generate aggro, but mobs don't chance them while they're stealthed, and if something else catches their attention before the TR comes out of steath, the mob goes after it. Doesn't mean TRs don't generate any threat, it just means they don't generate it more than other classes. OPs and GFs are supposed to generate threat, so most of the time, mobs should be ignoring TRs in favor of a GF or OP - that's by design.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    kvet wrote: »
    Haven't tried it in m6, but I solo'd eCC with my sabo TR perma.
    That would still be possible, but would take you multiple times longer than before. Like 6 hours, not joking.
    kvet wrote: »
    BTW, sure TRs generate aggro,
    No they don't. As long as another non-TR class is in range the mobs will run to them instead of the TR. Test it yourself ;)
    Just ask your DC to stand next to you while you attack a mob. They will run to the DC.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No they don't. As long as another non-TR class is in range the mobs will run to them instead of the TR. Test it yourself ;)
    Just ask your DC to stand next to you while you attack a mob. They will run to the DC.

While this happens, it's not consistent. There's a bug thread discussing it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    While this happens, it's not consistent. There's a bug thread discussing it.
    Yes, I recoginzed the thread.

Anyways, back to topic I guess?! In my opinion, T2s are fine, but why would I run them?
    There is no loot, there is no reward, they aren't even fun. The next mod will probably bring us T3 epic Cloaktower, which we ran 100th time before.. Mod 10 will bring T5 CN?

No, thanks. I'm glad I switched to TESO, because I finally got something to strife for again. Multiple dungeons, loot, gear sets and a balanced PvP.
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    That would still be possible, but would take you multiple times longer than before. Like 6 hours, not joking.

Mmm... so if you're solo, you're saying a TR never get aggro, or are you saying mobs pick other classes to attack before a TR? See, that's two completely different things. A TR generates less threat than other classes... now, it might be a bug that they generate WAY too little threat or it might be that other classes are generating way too much (it's actually always been a problem with DCs that they generate too much threat, it's been that way since pre-beta). But, you still can't say that TRs never get aggro - all you can really say is that they don't generate as much threat as other classes. I see what you mean about tanking though - it's hard to "tank" when the mobs won't attack you, so fair enough on that point.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Closing this up now as we do not condone such usernames and as such, this topic will continue to be derailed by the notion of the banned usernames in this thread, as well as it was started by one such username.

Please see sections 15 and 16 of the Terms of Service.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
This discussion has been closed.