What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The "Rank 4 Mount" Feedback Thread

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That BIS mount you have won't last forever. Every MMO does this..

It's a bloody mount not an item that I had one for a module or two. Saying all MMO's do this is pure BS. Only time I ever changed mounts in other MMO's is for aesthetic purposes purely. Once again Cryptic show their money-grabbing paws...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am guessing a lot of lockboxes will be bought, which is nice for the company, but I think it's quite unfair on the players because of the above.

Considering the player population has dropped 50% after the release of mod 6 and another 20% in the last 30 days, at best they will sell the same amount of lockboxes and eventually there will be no one left.

The problem is, this isn't an improvement to the game, nor does it entice people back to the game or to keep playing. Quite simply it's a shakedown.
  • Options
    k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For PvP'ers maybe. And personally I always felt that crowd was a few screws loose anyway.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah - and it's adding insult to injury that the this new BiS mount is basically a mean ostrich. I mean. good god. Seems to me, if they provided a way to upgrade existing mounts so we could get these benefits for out current mounts, it wouldn't be nearly such a slap in the face. Especially for those who are using mounts aquired from the Packs (IE: Founders (in my case) or Hero, Guardian, Feywild)

inflatable-ostrich-rider-inflatable-costume-6.gif
    inflatable-ostrich-rider-inflatable-costume-7.gif

• Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So far the only thing I'm enjoying about this new pet is that all the BiS players running dragonborn with enormously bulky armor are going to look utterly ridiculous.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I guarantee you that's a simple binding behavior screw-up, and if it goes live like that, they'll be scrambling within hours to emergency maint or hotfix the box and instructing customer service to exchange it for an unbound one for unhappy customers.

That's what they did for those Tokens of the Chromatic Storm that started out BoP. of course, they could have fixed it before going live because people were asking if it was intentional from preview, but that would be so dull by comparison....

Hey, even the CS dept., every once in a blue moon, will also want to play the "good guys" part...
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Next best sale item: mount transmutation token.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jondbx wrote: »
    Considering the player population has dropped 50% after the release of mod 6 and another 20% in the last 30 days, at best they will sell the same amount of lockboxes and eventually there will be no one left.

The problem is, this isn't an improvement to the game, nor does it entice people back to the game or to keep playing. Quite simply it's a shakedown.

By your math, are you 70% idiot?
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    kvet wrote: »
    Yeah - and it's adding insult to injury that the this new BiS mount is basically a mean ostrich. I mean. good god. Seems to me, if they provided a way to upgrade existing mounts so we could get these benefits for out current mounts, it wouldn't be nearly such a slap in the face. Especially for those who are using mounts aquired from the Packs (IE: Founders (in my case) or Hero, Guardian, Feywild)

inflatable-ostrich-rider-inflatable-costume-6.gif
    inflatable-ostrich-rider-inflatable-costume-7.gif

lol omfg

/10char
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    cjh1983 wrote: »

No, why would you say that?

I'd say a 60% overall drop in player population sounds about right. (50% then another 20% means an overall 60% reduction).

I've seen similar population drops in my guild, as have others. Big guild population declines mirror the overall playerbase decline pretty closely it seems to me.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think the logic behind this change is to add a much desired value to Legendary Mounts, while opening an experimental new mechanic where mounts can participate in combat. Like how they did with artifacts. If it goes well, they will make more. If it doesn't, then they won't.

On the balancing side, it's oddly a fair tradeoff that if you want extra steroids of your mount, you have to endure looking like an idiot riding an ostrich. Some people get what they deserve.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cjh1983 wrote: »
    No, why would you say that?

I'd say a 60% overall drop in player population sounds about right. (50% then another 20% means an overall 60% reduction).

I've seen similar population drops in my guild, as have others. Big guild population declines mirror the overall playerbase decline pretty closely it seems to me.

100 x (1 - 0.5) = 50
    50 x (1 - 0.2) = 40
    Net 60%
    Classic case of multiplicative and not additive, mates.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    we've had such a huge drop that we merged with another guild that had also had drops.

Guild consolidation for the win??

Yes, sadly this is true. We used to have 1300+ toons across 5 guilds, now we're under 600. We're in the process of merging Whitecloaks and Goldcloaks back into Greycloaks because of that, and we'll still have plenty of room. We're far from folding, but still, it's sad to see only 10 or 12 people online at a time when we used to have 30 or more most of the time.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes, sadly this is true. We used to have 1300+ toons across 5 guilds, now we're under 600. We're in the process of merging Whitecloaks and Goldcloaks back into Greycloaks because of that, and we'll still have plenty of room. We're far from folding, but still, it's sad to see only 10 or 12 people online at a time when we used to have 30 or more most of the time.

And one would think that Cryptic would attempt to make decisions that will get people to play again but instead they do dumb@$$ things like introduce this new legendary mount :(
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Maybe he's in denial? Bad with percentages? Wanted to look cool by making a lame insult?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    alisi1 wrote: »
    Maybe he's in denial? Bad with percentages? Wanted to look cool by making a lame insult?
    Maybe, clearly and probably.
    lirithiel wrote: »
    And one would think that Cryptic would attempt to make decisions that will get people to play again but instead they do dumb@$$ things like introduce this new legendary mount :(

Yeah, one would think. I've said it a hundred times: There is a clear disconnect between what Cryptic thinks is fun and what the players think is fun and despite what they've said heretofore, they are still doing what they think best while players are quitting their game because it's not fun for them anymore. At some point, I really hope that Cryptic and their masters (PWI and WotC) realize that if the players aren't finding a game fun to play, they won't play it. I mean, it seems really simple to me, but it's perhaps it's much more complex than I realize? In any case, until Cryptic starts making changes that the players consider fun, the game will continue to decline. Its a very sad truth, because I generally like Neverwinter and don't want it to become yet another notable failed MMO.
  • Options
    herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just another thing cryptic is catering to the wallet warriors, basically the remaining NW player base. And to add to the population of the game here's a statement: My guild had like 100 people online all the time at beginning of mod 6, two weeks ago the last time i logged in there was 20 or less. Myself and others just do profession on the gateway for rAD and that's our gameplay.

Sidenote: The endgame difficulty (dungeons, tiamat) still does not have worthy rewards, this is a big issue if they aren't going to nerf them.
  • Options
    bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, one would think. I've said it a hundred times: There is a clear disconnect between what Cryptic thinks is fun and what the players think is fun and despite what they've said heretofore, they are still doing what they think best while players are quitting their game because it's not fun for them anymore. At some point, I really hope that Cryptic and their masters (PWI and WotC) realize that if the players aren't finding a game fun to play, they won't play it. I mean, it seems really simple to me, but it's perhaps it's much more complex than I realize? In any case, until Cryptic starts making changes that the players consider fun, the game will continue to decline. Its a very sad truth, because I generally like Neverwinter and don't want it to become yet another notable failed MMO.

QFT!!! (Quoted for Truth)
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    we've had such a huge drop that we merged with another guild that had also had drops.

Guild consolidation for the win??

...nah, but so you are able to pay/grind that Stronghold.

lirithiel wrote: »

...well, processes take time. And as we can currently see perfectly well on the example of the Mod-6-followup-and-impact-debris-removal, processes sometimes take some more time...

---begin-speculation

Might even be that they're currently so short on liquid funds that sales like the grand pack sale are necessary to keep the game afloat at all, but I sincerely do hope this is not the case. But ofc. they're currently in the middle of a great balancing act: On the one hand they have all their big shiney new harpoons ready for rollout to go whaling, on the other hand, all the sardines, mackerels and sharks refuse to pass them money, and they find that this loss is greater than expected, and hence they have to back up quite a bit. But this isn't prepared for, and hence takes longer. Also, they will have to throw out harpoon-type stuff to keep the big spenders' cashflow...

...this leads to things like the - obviously completely unitnentionally *cough* leaked - new mount.

---end-speculation

I'll grab some popcorn, and enjoy the amazing ease with which I can get my pally washed through the IwD campaign. :^D
  • Options
    serpentsminion72serpentsminion72 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Take heart that there won't likely be THAT many Armored Stryders gobbling around. Those f***ers are gonna list for riDIKulous amounts of 40's...? 50's? NINETIES millions AD on the auction.

Personally, I'll be basically ignoring that they were introduced at all. An upside is perhaps that damned Disc I've wanted for a year and a half may finally drop down abit.

oh WAIT- wtf was I thinking
    /palm-forehead
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I would like to upgrade Blueberry.... my mount

She and I have been through a lot

How can I leave her like a dog on the highway?

Urlord
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    MY biggest problem with this mount is, and will continue to be, that it alters gameplay between those that have it, and those that don't.

If you have it, you get a huge buff to movement, *and* you get what is (for all intents and purposes) a second trinket power.

The only way to correct the imbalance it causes is to assign similar buffs (based on mount rank) to movement, along with similar trinket powers to all mounts. Let's call it +1000 movement per rank from green upwards. Powers should be similarly scaled between ranks.

With artifacts, you may not be able to get a BiS, but you can get more artifacts (Vault of the 9). With artifact equipment, you can run spinward rise, and reach level 70, and run tiamat / heralds. You may not be able to rank it up as fast, but you can get the gear.

With this - it creates an immediate imbalance between having it or not. I get that it's legendary, but so is that Armored Bulette, and the Disc. They should be equivalently powerful. If all mounts had some sort of buff / power, it equalizes the footing players are on - everyone has a click-effect on their mount, even if it isn't BiS. Others might choose a mount as much for a power as style. You may also see people carrying multiple mounts for different powers (AoE vs. single target? DPS vs. Healing vs. Control?).

Really hope the patch is applying such things, but I"m not going to hold my breath....
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm looking out for the upgrade token I can buy for my old mount. Otherwise I'm not playing.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • Options
    argroschargrosch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    I'm looking out for the upgrade token I can buy for my old mount. Otherwise I'm not playing.
    I really doubt, that they will introduce something like that, it would just be too much work, to implement attacks for all existing Mounts. Anyways, an official word about it would be really appreciated.

RIP Foundry