test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elemental Evil Preview Patch Notes NW.45.20150515a.2

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    nothing on the GWFs only being able to buy the CW gear form the dread ring store?

You just missed it
    Campaign Stores: Resolved several issues with some classes not having the correct items available in the Sharandar or Dread Ring campaign stores.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited June 2015
    Items and Economy
    • Ilyanbruen Set: All head pieces of the new Sharandar Iliyanbruen armor set are at min required level 60 instead of 70.

At least in the collections view for Sharandar, the tooltips of the head armors (e.g. Iliyanbruen Helmet, for TR) still says 'Requires Level: 70'

As far as I had seen, all pieces of both the new Thayan Servitor and Iliyanbruen equipment required level 70. If they're intended to be equippable at 60, then they need a global fix. Or there's something wrong with that note.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Confirmed... Armor pen resistance was put in. Ninja put in, but it is in.
  • fudosanfudosan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    SW have lose 1/3 of your damage, ok remove the army bug, but... It should not be ( also view the description of the character in the creation PG ) the strongest DPS ? We have no control . We are weak armor . We can not dodge . Now we can not even do DPS , really an excellent support .... ( irony )
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    Please fix "que/matchmaking for PVP" Thats a bigger issue IMO.....

This has been brought up before. With our current tech, we could improve the matchmaking further at the cost of greatly increasing queue times especially during off peak hours. We do not currently feel this is a good solution.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    This has been brought up before. With our current tech, we could improve the matchmaking further at the cost of greatly increasing queue times especially during off peak hours. We do not currently feel this is a good solution.

And what about landing in diffrent instance affter crash/(d/c) which is forcing us to leave pvp match? Any solution for that soon? I think beside running monster its worst what can happend in pvp.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Andwhat about Armor Penetration resistance? Will we really have to put 10k+ into ArPen before it starts working in PvP against players having 40% tenacity? Which is a norm, btw. Please explain your reasoning for this because clearly us, your customers, have no clue what's going on and why.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    no really double check armor pen resist...trickster rogue are the only one doing damage.
    we did a 1 hour premade...we still were 70-25!

do not put it tomorrow ruining the tournament and take the time to actual test things
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You guys who pvp are missing the message.... ARMOR PEN IS USELESS UNDER 8-10k..... Why is no one talking about that?
    edited June 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    2bad TRs shadow oppurtunity didnt recived any kind of balance changes it ill be still 10k piercing dmg per cloud of steel charge no matter how much resistance u have.

Yeah, that's another side of the dirty coin. On one side we have every class being as tanky as tanks themselves and on the other hand we have TRs 2 shotting ppl with SE or spamming them to death with SO despite others specing for survivability. I've no clue what the **** is going on anymore.

In mod 4 combat HR reign we were **** clear we don't want piercing damage in this game at all yet Devs ignored all the feedback and gave hugs piercing damage for TRs. Now everyone is against Armor Penetration resistance and I'm 100% sure devs will ignore that too.
  • vedran541vedran541 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I think there is something really off in your formula. Because queing for PvP takes unnecessary long time. Most of the time we have two premades trying to que up against eachother. And it can take up to 20-30 mins for the matchmaking to match us together. And sometimes it dosent even match us together, so it dosent pop at the same time, and we have to re que and do it all over again..

Something seems really off, because we count down when we que, so we que exactly at the same time. Both teams have players with really high ELO rating. Both teams have 5 players with 4.6k+ itemlvl. And then there we are sitting in teamspeak talking about how little sense it makes that it cant match us together faster because we _know_ there is no other premade (with this kind of elo, gear, and ofc 5 man) queing at this time.

edit: altho i have to say, lately the matches i have had when i SOLO que, has not been far off balance. But i guess your formula leans more towards solo play then group play? or is there any way you could explain how this works
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Just disable premades in Domination (and let them run rampage in GG). This will have huge impact on balance without increasing queue times.

If for some reason you're against this idea, at least consider reducing premade size to max 2 players in Domination and give it few weeks of testing.
  • bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Will there ever be a time of stability? As in a time when I can "Safely" invest in my characters, knowing that in the following weeks y'all aren't going to change the rules over and over? I'm getting impatient. I've supported this game since early beta's. I've supported even after all the screw up changes. I want to be able to customize my characters to a set of rules that are not going to change every patch. I can't see further supporting this game until y'all give us something to support. What is going on? Do y'all even know what your vision is anymore? Maybe step back, take a look at this mess, remember what that vision was, all the haters can suck it, build the game to the vision. Please make PVP better. I know it was not a focus in the beginning. There are so few actual fun matches now. PVE is even worse. I don't comment often, I don't want to be a negative person. I, like everyone else in here, have many idea's I think would help. Maybe I'll post some in other forums.

Thanks for all the hard work, quit nuking it out...

Let's get back to fun.
    Silverhand
    edited June 2015
    freshour wrote: »
    You guys who pvp are missing the message.... ARMOR PEN IS USELESS UNDER 8-10k..... Why is no one talking about that?

Everyone is talking about that. Do you see any devs replying? So there's that.

On a side note. What the hell happened to the GWF patch which was supposed to come out in April? oO
    edited June 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    - Any chance to get bracers and main hand (if main hand still drops, which i dont know due i do not entered on IWD since mod6's release) outside from HE or they have their "loot" rate improved from any rank and from any major+ HE ?????

From the same notes
    "Main Hand Black Ice items will no longer drop from Icewind Dale Heroic Encounters."

It had still been dropping, but there wasn't really anything useful to do with it. And I guess no plans to make it useful, so they're removing them.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9314493

So these added features only apply to these two mounts? I think at the very least 140% speed needs to apply to all Legendary mounts. They chance of getting one is low enough that it is worthwhile to add the speed increase
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    elemental pvp sets cant be enhanced with black ice
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    About the queuing. I'm assuming that these changes are going to be on Xbox soon as well. Would it also be possible to make a rule where you can't vote kick while loot is being rolled on, and you can't vote kick during or after the final boss fight? From moderating on Reddit, these are 2 of the major issues that people on Xbox are complaining about regarding the queue system.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • lilhamletlilhamlet Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    While I can guess as to why these changes are being made, I have concerns with the following changes being made to the Devoted Cleric:
    Astral Seal: This power now heals for 5 times as much but cannot be triggered more than once every 4 seconds.

-This change will likely resolve some of the issues that the power may have been causing in large player number encounters, as it will reduce the number of feat/boon interactions which were happening from every player attacking, (some at a rate at 3 times/second per player)

-I'm concerned about how this is coded, wondering if it is a 4 sec cooldown affecting the player benefiting from the heal, or if it is a global 4 sec cooldown, hence only a single player can be healed every 4 sec. This difference could have severe implications on the power as a party effective heal

-The cooldown will also create severe reductions on burning guidance procs, which will impact the damage output of Devoted Clerics in general. Playing as a Righteous DC, but still needing to fill a healer role, burning guidance is a key part of my damage output. Rather than the potential for occurring 3x/sec per player, it will be reduced to 0.25x/sec/player (or if the CD is global, .25x/sec). That is a huge reduction.
    Cleanse: This feat has been reworked to removed Damage over Time effects from allies, rather than all possible debuffs.

-I understand that Cleanse has been apparently clearing Temp HP on Paladins, but this change makes this feat pretty useless (in line with so many other shoddy DC heroic feats).

-the Devoted Cleric class has no sort of CC immunity or break, and this feat was the ONLY response clerics had to being under a control effect, or to aid another party member to a control effect. With Cleanse being limited to clearing DoT only, it makes the player invest feat points to something which is a fairly rare occurrence. The devoted cleric heroic feats are already so limited in utility, this is just another nerf to the class.

Devoted Cleric list of limited feats:
    • Healing Action: Gain 1-5% more action points when using a healing ability (tests indicate that this is limited to Bastion of Health & Healing Word
    • Holy Resolve: Gain 5-15% of your max HP in temp HP when you drop below 30% of HP. 5 min internal cooldown
    • Domain Synergy: Gain 1-5% Recovery. At a 200:1 ratio for Recovery:RSI, for every 4000 recovery this feat is giving only 1% RSI max.
    • Initiate of the Faith: Your crit stat is increased by 0.2-1% of your Power. At 400:1 Crit Strike:Crit Chance, you need 40k Power to get a 1% increase in critical chance
    • Repurpose Soul: When a spell crits, a small AoE heal is made for 5-15% of the spell's effect. Does not work with Daunting Light (strongest DC spell), Chains of Blazing Light, Flamestrike
    • Templar's Domain: When dealing damage, 5-25% chance of gaining 30% more armour penetration for 5 sec. 5 min internal cooldown
    If you're "reworking" the cleric feats, why not rework all of them to improve some rather than just neutering the only effective ones we have left? Or simply let us know that our class player base retention is not important, so we can move on to other things despite wanting to like this game after having invested time and money into it.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    and as far as PVP with divine judgement goes, its dodgeable, so wtf, no need to nerfbomb our only daily worth a flip, just stop getting ideas and listening to cry babies who don't pay for your game

Not for GWF and SW.

Maybe u rly never played pvp, still, u dont use DJ for anything else than questing and pvp, and in questing it acctualy becomes better, so what is this cry about?

PS. 1 more thing about me in pvp, i started like 3 weeks ago, still collecting pvp set (helm missing, will get in 5 days, **** seals!).

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

edited June 2015
    lilhamlet wrote: »
    <snip> a whole bunch of pertinent concerns about DCs

I know that I am always very appreciative when I'm frozen because some chucklehead keeps spinning a dragon into me and I run out of dodges, and CLEANSE pops up. DCs need more useful feats, not to have the useful ones nerfed to oblivion.

If it needs to be changed to get rid of whatever is cleansing temp HPs, allow it to work on DoTs and CC effects both.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Like the changes to AS .. No more lag? ;D

Since HE's are dropping Aquamarines, how about 15min 'eligible' foundry's always dropping an aqua too?
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As a Main GF player and almost mod7 coming i still waiting to see something on patch notes about GF, shield up and not blocking ( happens almost everytime on elol sometimes u block his breath atack and survive like 2/3 HP full other its like u not blocking, shield is up and u hear the sound of blocking). Stab animation dont stop u try to get away from a red and u keep stabing even u no longer have stab key/mouse press. Villain's Menace animation its so slow that most times u get kick/stun/prone before u get immunity. Deflection seems to deflect heals (theres at least grafic indication of deflecting heals green txt with deflect icon). DR its to low with 47.5% most adds still 1 shoot GF in dungeons.

Main-hand and off-hand artifacts have both a 2nd sot offensive i find this strange on a class that is suposed to live from defensive status.

Tactician cap feat its useless when gf still get 1shoot with shield down.

why all dps classes can get there crit severity higher than base status and gf can't get deflect severity higher? allow gf to deflect 75% dmg instead of just 50% would be amazing.

CON - its GF main status but still each point means only +1k HP.

Enduring Warrior - 4% HP by Killing something its just useless (tanks dont kill) why not make it - your regeneration now work´s in combat (25/50/75/100%).

Taking Measure - 50sec CoolDown its ridicule

I hope to GF changes in some patch notes before MOD7. :(
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Finally some fixes for the paladin. Considering what just happened on the Live server ("[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! [OP] deals 111777 (305296) Radiant Damage to you with Divine Judgement"), I won't miss that cheesy daily. :p

I've some concerns about the Cleanse change, though... mainly that it's likely to make that feat even more useless unless the current cooldown gets reduced. I'm with lilhamlet on this. We have asked to have the DC heroic feats to be looked at for two years now and, when DCs received a large overhaul otherwise, heroic feats were completely neglected. No changes were made to them, not even to the tooltips to reflect the secret cooldown timers. What is the point of not mentioning the 5-minute internal cooldowns when talking about a feat? Is it to sell more respec tokens when players realize they've been lied to?
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    [
    Items and Economy
    • [...]
    • Campaign Stores: Resolved several issues with some classes not having the correct items available in the Sharandar or Dread Ring campaign stores.
    • [...]
    • Ilyanbruen Set: All head pieces of the new Sharandar Iliyanbruen armor set are at min required level 60 instead of 70.
    • Ilyanbruen Set: Sharandar level 70 rare gear set now has HP on the Feet and Head slots.
    • [...]

Ilyanbruen worked nicely, thanks.

But Dell McCourt still refuses to serve Hunter Rangers...
  • dizonyxdizonyx Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    To panderus:
    For 5 seconds(+5 per rang) you shield all your allies from harm. You redirect 100% of the damage they would take to yourself. All damage you would take while this effect is active is reduced by 80%.
    Do you think Divine Protector little overpowered in pvp? Pally have 80% REDUCES ALL DAMAGE 20 sec and OP still gain AP when Divine Protector ON. So OP in pvp can use this daily 20 sec every 35-40 sec.
    edited June 2015
    But Dell McCourt still refuses to serve Hunter Rangers...

Oh sonofa... (campaign interface broken too?)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can understand the change to the Paladin daily - but being as this is our only damaging daily, would it be possible to either improve the PvE usefulness of some of the others and/or change one of them to deal some damage as well?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The elemental black Ice sets stats are still the same Ilvl with less hp than the epic mat version. Even with t3 empowerment it gives less hp with the elemental versions.

Can you please update the elemental black ice set to reflect this change to the base mat so that it actually gives an improvement rather than an hp nerf etc.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
This discussion has been closed.