test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where is the Official Announcement?

lokahn11lokahn11 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PvP Discussion
So where is the official announcement...and hopefully a few more details...regarding the PvP (Preseason ) event that starts tomorrow and goes on for about a month?

This has received about the same amount of fanfare as the local polka band receives in the community newspaper regarding their upcoming concert for the farmers market.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What you mean, double glory and coins?
    I'm confused, I know it was that "Get off my node" non-official event going on but that really don't peak my interest at this point. A double glory/coin event will be the stuff, I would buy that new glory boost for my GWF and son's GF, if this was to be announced.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    lokahn11lokahn11 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yup, what Macjae said. I really just want to see more details and a little promotion for the event...after doing all of the CTAs, seasonal events, and so on...I am exponentially more excited for something like this that is a 'new event' altogether.
  • Options
    gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The event is not showing on PTS..it might have been another accidental leak or whatever.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mmh, I thought this Champion is coming with M7??

i'm full confused now... :confused:
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    mmh, I thought this Champion is coming with M7??

i'm full confused now... :confused:

It's called Preseason for a reason.
  • Options
    mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It says that there will be CTA battle for the bridge now, but that one would not start Before next week, so my guess is that the pvp one will be gone
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I hate PVP. It has been and is the cause of the games demise. Attempts at fixing/balancing PVP have ruined the PVE aspect.
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    I hate PVP. It has been and is the cause of the games demise. Attempts at fixing/balancing PVP have ruined the PVE aspect.

Nonsense. I know mmorpgs that started as purely PvE games but later thrived with implementation of PvP.
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So... nope. The PVP 'event' is still on and the bug on TRs is still not fixed (assuming we're talking about the same one).
  • Options
    zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So...let me get this straight. Each match you get a token if your team wins, maybe a token if it doesn't (I'm guessing based on leaderboard?) That means a max of 2 tokens? Or never more than 1?

Cause if it's only 1, then the rewards are way too expensive. Every match takes 10-20 min. 5,000 tokens, that's a minimum of 50,000 min. of playtime. Which is around 850 hours...which is nearly 30(???) hours a day for a month and the event is less than a month long. Do we see a problem here maybe? Even if it's 2 though, that's 15 hours a day....for a month....

I will pre-emptively welcome our new afk pvp bot overlords.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I play PVP for the Zen and armor

I could do without it but it can be fun
  • Options
    flupperyfluppery Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    greyloche wrote: »
    Thank you for testing this version of PvP. Player vs Puter. the Puter has declared victory you all lose.

And what exactly does Puter win after all?
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    zoiks100 wrote: »
    *snip* the rewards are way too expensive. Every match takes 10-20 min. 5,000 tokens, that's a minimum of 50,000 min. of playtime. Which is around 850 hours...which is nearly 30(???) hours a day for a month and the event is less than a month long. Do we see a problem here maybe? Even if it's 2 though, that's 15 hours a day....for a month....

I did try to warn people the 'good' prizes would definitely be incredibly hard to get. They never give anything good(epic) away free. When people got excited over the epic rewards for the Gond and Siege events, I warned them then, too. And I was right. If something really good is offered as a reward for an event, you'll either need to spend a ridiculous amount of time OR some money to get it.
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    May be it's called pre season but there is a big lack of information and how the thing works.

For example.
    -You earn bonus league token at the end of the season considering your rank, but when start the ranking? at the begining of a module? when the season starts? it is the broken leaderboard rank? another?

-Do you keep your league token at the end of a season? How many bonus tokens do you earn at the end of the season regarding your rank?

There is a huge lack of informations about this event.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, but this is a new level of overpriced. It's either flat out impossible to get the armored bulette or so ridiculously time-consuming as to literally result in no-life for anyone attempting it, as there's a good chance they'd die from lack of sleep/stress.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    To be fair, this event is called 'preseason'. That kind of implies it's going to keep going (and maybe even pick up) after the month is up. Maybe this is a semi-permanent kinda thing they're going to have running all the time, or at least all summer long, now that the kids are out of school and whatnot.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    It's called Preseason for a reason.

It's no crime when it rhymes. ;P
  • Options
    drasekrivendrasekriven Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    you also get an undetermined amount of tokens at the end of the season for your rank. so either spend on cheap chests for chances at items or just save them all up until end and add them to final scoring.
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Simple math The armored bulette cost is 5000 tokens.
    You win one token for one victory.
    Let's say you will make 50 Tokens per day which is already a really big amount of time to gather that.
    Total on 30 days = 1500 tokens. . . . .

So the question is simple, do you keep your league token after the end of the season for the next one or not?

How many Bonus token do you earn regarding your rank at the end of the season? When will start the ranking and how we can see it with a broken leaderboard from the begining of mod 6?

Infos please are welcome.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    the PVE aspect.

PvE aspect ..this doesn't exist lol
    without PvP neverwinter would be a dead game,
    Im sure the server would be since a year already closed.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    To be fair, this event is called 'preseason'. That kind of implies it's going to keep going (and maybe even pick up) after the month is up. Maybe this is a semi-permanent kinda thing they're going to have running all the time, or at least all summer long, now that the kids are out of school and whatnot.

I would hope not. If the rewards don't regularly cycle it will be a non-event in no time at all anyway. And if they do cycle but currency is never reset then the rewards become less meaningful, not to mention the first season's rewards would again likely be out of reach.

It's possible a very large amount of tokens come from the overall season leaderboard score, I rather doubt it would be more than a few hundred at most though even for the 1st place, but who knows. I'm hesitant to say that'd be a good thing, since it weighs the rewards more toward the exploiters and hardcore premades then, but I'd prefer that over the 15-30 hour/day thing, heh.

Would have been nice if they at least put the cheap rewards in easier reach of puggers. 10 tokens will probably take at LEAST an hour to get for a pugger, and that earns them a whopping random rank 5 enchant....whoop-dee-doo.

Maybe I read the description and rewards wrong, I didn't have much time, but this seems really lousy.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It was fun while it lasted.

Wait what.

In a more serious way - what's behind this? Will it be back again soon?
  • Options
    quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    When the servers came up, the pvp event was showing on calendar. Now, after second downtime, it is not.

Does that mean it has been removed ?

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    We're inquiring now and will let you know what we find out as soon as possible. Stay tuned!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • Options
    raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Always same lie. Stay tuned... We just find out what happens when we actually see it in game.