Options

+ 4,000 movement on the new mounts

2»

Comments

• Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    azlanfox wrote: »
    Ah another pay wall and money trap. They need to retroactively apply bonuses of varying levels to all existing mounts or else this is little more then a poorly planned shill game.

I like you. You get it. On a side note, if they opened the 404 thread to comments, I could just put my posts there myself and save the mods the trouble.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's hard to not be cynical nowadays.

1. Nuke player movement rates with the new stat curves.
    2. Introduce an extremely rare and expensive mount that restores some movement rate.
    3. Profit!!!

No thanks. I'll pass.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    It's hard to not be cynical nowadays.

1. Nuke player movement rates with the new stat curves.
    2. Introduce an extremely rare and expensive mount that restores some movement rate.
    3. Profit!!!

No thanks. I'll pass.

Many times during the last several patches I cried, "Why is movement still nerfed". After repeatedly getting no response, I purchased 3 greater dragon hoards to replace the 3 dark rank 9 enchantments that I had in my utility slots. They gave me a little more than 8% speed. 8.3% I think. Now they want to sell 10% speed back to me in the form of a rank 4 mount.
  • Options
    ndiovndiov Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ph33rm3 wrote: »
    Can we upgrade our existing Mounts to Legendary and gain the +4,000 movement? What about upgrading an account wide mount to legendary? Will the +4,000 movement be account wide along with the mount?

Careful. They will introduce an "upgrade" for 2+ mil but it will be bugged and your mount will lose 10% speed instead. 2 months later when they patch it, it will be fast but will only equip for 10 seconds then disappear. After that is fixed it will have a 1 hr cool down. Eventually you'll just have to swipe your CC through its butt cheeks to get a ride.
  • Options
    mafesiomafesio Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    10% makes a huge difference when trs can already run faster than epic mounts.

This is not true since mod 5, I have r12 dakrs in every utility slot with almost 3000 movement, sneak attack, and infilitrator, I can run about as fast as plus 2 mount. If there is something I'm missing here that can get me faster then that, let me know, because there are no boons, enchants or class features that can get me close to a +3 mount, in mod 5, I could outrun a +3
  • Options
    berserkrage99berserkrage99 Member Posts: 103
    edited May 2015
    lol at all those people who spent a crapton to get a tenser floating disc, they're about to get owned by Cryptic...!!
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mafesio wrote: »
    This is not true since mod 5, I have r12 dakrs in every utility slot with almost 3000 movement, sneak attack, and infilitrator, I can run about as fast as plus 2 mount. If there is something I'm missing here that can get me faster then that, let me know, because there are no boons, enchants or class features that can get me close to a +3 mount, in mod 5, I could outrun a +3

champions horn + GWF sprint + darks (remove my +% glory for this.) + this mount... I am so excited for the lulspeed. horn + Gwf/SW sprint is already faster than rank 3 mounts without the darks (at least it was in mod 5, pretty sure its the same mod 6) . this will be hilariously funny. probably not too useful other than getting to 2 first (since it uses all my stamina and the horns speed drops off once you take any dmg at all). but still hilarious.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ndiov wrote: »
    Careful. They will introduce an "upgrade" for 2+ mil but it will be bugged and your mount will lose 10% speed instead. 2 months later when they patch it, it will be fast but will only equip for 10 seconds then disappear. After that is fixed it will have a 1 hr cool down. Eventually you'll just have to swipe your CC through its butt cheeks to get a ride.
    isnt that a common gaming session? xD
  • Options
    loosestellaloosestella Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    oopsies...another game exploit accidently released into the game prematurely. I imagine the new Giant Strider will be coming with Mod 7: Strongholds, or sooner even. Every thing's been leading into that direction of the pvp hype of the future. Zen PvP Glory packs, an upcoming pvp Event starting next month. I can only imagine this new mount is an "accidental test" of players reactions, and how Cryptic can best monetize this new idea. Could be a whole new batch of Zen store mounts with this feature, and possibly our own old mounts might go into the "refinement" system to upgrade to reach this added bonus. Then again, this could be a new "only lockbox mounts feature", thus invoking the possibilities that paying customers get the perks. Will be interesting to see how they initialize this commodity into the game.
    Yup, its as if we bought what we thought was a home (with our attention, time and for many, money) but instead it was a hotel room, and mod 6 was checkout day.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ...Meanwhile Wildstar is going free to play

... and WS still filled with teleporting, speedhacking and only God knows what else they can do bots these days?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    pile2000pile2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If they allow upgrading your mounts to have an extra companion stat... how much do you think it will cost?
    Because mount training III - from rare to epic, costs 1400000 AD.
    So 3000000 AD maybe?
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Never tried it actually but its good to have options
    I just played the first month that came with the box, and that was more then enough for me.

And about the new mounts, we have to wait and see how that turns out here... but when i look at the patches since mod 6, they will break something along the way for sure.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm just going to paste this here.
    zebular wrote: »
    The Community Team just received a memo that we're allowed to pass along about the lockedbox issue:

"The release of the lockbox this week was not intended. We’re not going to take it away from anyone or force-bind anything to anyone’s accounts. Players have to keep in mind that the lockbox was not ready to be released, the development was not complete, particularly the mount. We can view it as a prototype version (which will turn into the final version when it all goes live)."

They're advising folks to be patient until the box's actual release.

It's within the realm of possibility that the final version of the mount won't be rage-inducing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia