test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

+ 4,000 movement on the new mounts

ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Is this just another way of saying 10% (plus normal 100% movement = 110% speed like old mounts)? Or is this in addition to that movement. Do the new mounts increase our "On Foot" speed?
Post edited by ph33rm3 on

Comments

• praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    power creep in the works.... (I hope they update the rest of the mounts or I will not be happy)

The way its worded they seem to give the normal 110% movement speed while mounted, but an additional 10% movement speed when on foot
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Gwf will start to develop lift and we will play a dc universe based pvp...
  • moradinallfathermoradinallfather Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Which mount are we talking about?
  • ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    gwf will start to develop lift and we will play a dc universe based pvp...

^rotflmfao^
    edited May 2015
    Which mount are we talking about?

The epic version Giant Strider doesn't appear to have the movement. Only the legendary Armored Giant Strider.

Both come from the new Eternal Flame lockbox.

Can we upgrade our existing Mounts to Legendary and gain the +4,000 movement? What about upgrading an account wide mount to legendary? Will the +4,000 movement be account wide along with the mount?
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its a Legendary Mount, meaning that you have like 0.1-0.2% chance to get it from a lockbox which means that its gonna cost around 15-20mil at least on AH. I would sell it for 30-40mil to be honest cause no other mount currently has the movement bonus which PVP maniacs crave for. And of course u cant upgrade to Legendary, thats why its called Legendary.
    edited May 2015
    If upgrading isn't an option, anyone who got the Tenser's Floating Disk. Is going to be livid.
  • imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can we summon stone and mount in combat or only 1 pet allowed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ah another pay wall and money trap. They need to retroactively apply bonuses of varying levels to all existing mounts or else this is little more then a poorly planned shill game.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Legendary mounts were previously acceptable due to not actually performing better than an epic mount. They were fancier, but that was all.

Making an extremely rare item available only to the very rich (or potentially to the very lucky) give a tangible benefit over every other mount... not remotely cool.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Legendary mounts were previously acceptable due to not actually performing better than an epic mount. They were fancier, but that was all.

Making an extremely rare item available only to the very rich (or potentially to the very lucky) give a tangible benefit over every other mount... not remotely cool.
    exactly what you said. this is going to be a terrible pay2win option.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I doubt they will give us the ability to upgrade existing mounts , why would they when forcing every existing player with an epic mount who wants to have the best possible items is an obvious potential revenue stream? I really hope I am wrong but I just have a nasty feeling that I probably won't be.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    exactly what you said. this is going to be a terrible pay2win option.

It would be amazing if PvP was so well-balanced in this game that 10% movement speed actually made a difference.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I doubt they will give us the ability to upgrade existing mounts , why would they when forcing every existing player with an epic mount who wants to have the best possible items is an obvious potential revenue stream? I really hope I am wrong but I just have a nasty feeling that I probably won't be.

Sadly, they probably will not let us upgrade mounts, certainly at least not at first. People who spend a ton of RL money on getting the very best items (especially PVPers, who I'm sure would love the +10% run speed bonus) are who they love to cater to. HOPEFULLY we will eventually get the ability to upgrade our current mounts to rank 4 - but probably not until the revenue from the Wallet Warriors is starting to dry up.
  • rebellionstuffrebellionstuff Member Posts: 237 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    It would be amazing if PvP was so well-balanced in this game that 10% movement speed actually made a difference.

10% makes a huge difference when trs can already run faster than epic mounts.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »

Exactly what I was thinking. . .

There are so many much larger issues than a 10% run speed increase . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited May 2015
    10% makes a huge difference when trs can already run faster than epic mounts.

I have a TR that has "ok" run speed and it is nowhere close to the speed of an epic mount.

Seems like it would be a waste of valuable stats to dump heavily on movement . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Exactly what I was thinking. . .

There are so many much larger issues than a 10% run speed increase . . .

You realise that if no-one says anything, this is just the beginning. And of course you're unable to discuss it on the forums because "ohmergerd, you said p2w". If this got enough monetary support, we're just going to keep getting 1/5000 drop rate perks. No guarantee they'd work though since I believe metallic dragonborn still doesn't so even with a more disposable income it's not a great investment.

10% should not be underestimated, and there's still the question of if the active works in pvp.
    edited May 2015
    carrytiex wrote: »
    You realise that if no-one says anything, this is just the beginning. And of course you're unable to discuss it on the forums because "ohmergerd, you said p2w". If this got enough monetary support, we're just going to keep getting 1/5000 drop rate perks. No guarantee they'd work though since I believe metallic dragonborn still doesn't so even with a more disposable income it's not a great investment.

10% should not be underestimated, and there's still the question of if the active works in pvp.

I understand, but I still think this issue is not near as important as several other big issues with the game, at least with respect to PvE.

• vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't really mind that they added it. Sure it is power creep and blah blah blah. I like new stuff that can make my character more powerful. What I don't really like is that they just put it in without any explanation detailing purpose. Some basic things that should be addressed:

1. Is these feature getting added to all mounts or just legendary?
    2. If so, what are the differences?
    3. Usable in pvp?
    4. Can we upgrade our current zen mounts to have this feature?
    5. If so will we need to upgrade each character's mount? or buy an account-wide unlock? (I bet i know the answer to that one)
    6. Will different mounts get unique bonus? IE +movement vs +AOE resist etc

Right now everyone is in the dark
  • carrytiexcarrytiex Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I understand, but I still think this issue is not near as important as several other big issues with the game, at least with respect to PvE.

Doesn't matter either way tbh, the moderators have made it perfectly clear that they think most of the issues should be completely down to cryptic/pwe and that players should just deal with it instead of suggesting areas to improve upon. Obviously these issues are ignored because almost 2 months in we still have complaints over the new module and issues persisting in game.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    vteasy wrote: »
    I don't really mind that they added it. Sure it is power creep and blah blah blah. I like new stuff that can make my character more powerful. What I don't really like is that they just put it in without any explanation detailing purpose. Some basic things that should be addressed:

1. Is these feature getting added to all mounts or just legendary?
    2. If so, what are the differences?
    3. Usable in pvp?
    4. Can we upgrade our current zen mounts to have this feature?
    5. If so will we need to upgrade each character's mount? or buy an account-wide unlock? (I bet i know the answer to that one)
    6. Will different mounts get unique bonus? IE +movement vs +AOE resist etc

Right now everyone is in the dark

For me at least, it isn't necessarily about power creep, but it is the principle of the thing. There are other Legendary mounts, not to mention other 'lesser' levels, that haven't gained anything that people have also spend money on. When it was just for looks, FX when 'saddling up', and 'status' of having a legendary, I did not care. I've not bought a single mount, just what comes with the packs, but it is the principle of this that disappoints me.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • phranklinmagnumphranklinmagnum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Complain all you want, it will not do anything. Your current mounts will NEVER get an upgrade. Why would the company upgrade your existing mounts to match the new ones when they could pump out a few more new ones that people will buy?

Upgrading your existing mounts to do something new is not how they will generate more money. FACE IT. Your old mounts will be obsolete by the time Mod8 rolls around. You can make 50 more mount threads and they will amount to NOTHING because your complaints will be like rubber balls bouncing off a wall.

MONEY. That's how this works. You want the new mount stats? Then buy the new mounts when they are in the zen store or keys to unlock boxes where you have a 00.1% chance to get it. Eventually the new mounts will be the standard but as of now, they are making a bunch of hairy-back bucktoothed players salivate and this is how they make the rest of the player base want one.

As of now, your only options are:
    1) spend a ridiculous amount of money on zen for keys for that stat mount
    2) wait longer until another stat mount is available in the zen store and spend a silly amount on it
    3) wait even longer until stat mounts are the norm for mounts
    4) complain here with others which the results you get would be the same as peeing in the wind
    2 Tears In A Bucket
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    azlanfox wrote: »
    For me at least, it isn't necessarily about power creep, but it is the principle of the thing. There are other Legendary mounts, not to mention other 'lesser' levels, that haven't gained anything that people have also spend money on. When it was just for looks, FX when 'saddling up', and 'status' of having a legendary, I did not care. I've not bought a single mount, just what comes with the packs, but it is the principle of this that disappoints me.

I have a feeling they will add this feature to all mounts to varying degrees. IE legendary will have the most stats, then epic, then rare
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is just neverwinters version of what happened with T5 ships in Delta rising when T6 ones were released, even if they give us the ability to upgrade existing T3 mounts they will not be as good as the T4 ones.
  • generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Great, more dying GWFs to chase down for healing.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cant wait for the , only legendary mount users please... sheesh.

Any way to make yet another dime apparently, too bad they cant even make a reason to actually play the game!