• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    DEYcGbG.jpg
    Interesting to say the least...
    va8Ru.gif
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    As well as a 60 sec recharge time, so you're probably right.

Idk.. this could make PvP a big mess as it would only further increase the difference between a wallet warrior and a normal player. For PvE I can see this happening. But as with anything in this game, I'm opposed to this feature coming exclusively from a lockbox. RNGesus' rule in this game is horrible enough as it is. I wouldn't mind a training manual or mount armor at the WB for it, but I'd prefer something like this to be available for everyone through a quest of some sort on 1 mount per character and perhaps purchasable for how many others people have.

@ blackwolf:
    It very well might be since it has a higher rank than the mounts we currently have. But since it still has ?? at the movement speed, let's wait for more info before we wet our pants. For all we know, R4 is just the attack feature enabled on the current orange mounts.

i agree i do hope its just the feature.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can we use our current mount?

I will not lose Blueberry
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If I want mounted combat I'll just boot up good old Mount & Blade Warband. :|
  • goonlaughiegoonlaughie Member Posts: 67
    edited May 2015
    dude if its any faster than my mount im gonna be pissed. im done spending money on this game i dont need another 50 dollar mount.

I hope it is faster than your mount. Stop crying already please.
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seems to be yet another paywall. Not a good idea at all.

If we could raid mount upgrades, sure, but the amount of stuff that's gated behind ADs or horrible RNG is beyond pathetic.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    k3ll0 wrote: »
    If I want mounted combat I'll just boot up good old Mount & Blade Warband. :|

Or lotro.

Honestly, I cant really see mounted combat without huge open world spaces, which neverwinter is designed to NOT have by formula.

If they want to massively change this game to an open world I will support this, but not before.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thesensai wrote: »
    Or lotro.

Honestly, I cant really see mounted combat without huge open world spaces, which neverwinter is designed to NOT have by formula.

If they want to massively change this game to an open world I will support this, but not before.

It isn't proper real mounted combat , reading the tooltip it looks like it will just be similar to how artifacts work , e.g you click your mount button while in combat and your mount probably poofs into existence , runs up to the enemy , does however much damage to them then poofs away until it's cooldown ends ,it isn't your character sat on his mount during combat fighting the bad guys lol
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Or like throwing a doohickey.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    @ blackwolf:
    It very well might be since it has a higher rank than the mounts we currently have. But since it still has ?? at the movement speed, let's wait for more info before we wet our pants. For all we know, R4 is just the attack feature enabled on the current orange mounts.

Well maybe they get rid of the percentage movementspeed alltogether, since the mount seems to increase the movement stat by 4000 points, which would probably translate to something around 110% movement bonus.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    *Sigh* Inb4 artifact mounts, Mythic mounts, mount transmutes and mount dyes....Cryptic has a whole new aspect of the game to capitalise on...Next thing people will require in lfg for dungeon groups is the BiS mount....
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's an Awesome improvement!,

---
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    It isn't proper real mounted combat , reading the tooltip it looks like it will just be similar to how artifacts work , e.g you click your mount button while in combat and your mount probably poofs into existence , runs up to the enemy , does however much damage to them then poofs away until it's cooldown ends ,it isn't your character sat on his mount during combat fighting the bad guys lol

ye, I think this is how it will work, same to Artifacts. (during Combat)
    The Mount will spawn use his skill and done, like a Poke.
    A full animation not while riding or a possibility to controlling it.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This game already has bad press. This is one of the worst ideas ever. And it will be usable in pvp which adds another gap to the already huge gap in players.

Why do mounts need to have stats.. its a transportation and social item. lolz.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We'd better get a Stable outta this to match the Companion storage.

Also, I read this as an Artifact use type item. You don't ride it in combat,
    you summon it... Like the Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue guy will
    do business with you outside combat, or attack once if you're in combat.

Anyone else read it that way?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here's a full preview of the lockbox btw.: http://blog.nwo-uncensored.com/eternal-flame-lockbox-preview/
  • tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    stah01 wrote: »
    This game already has bad press. This is one of the worst ideas ever. And it will be usable in pvp which adds another gap to the already huge gap in players.

Why do mounts need to have stats.. its a transportation and social item. lolz.

I agree. This has got to be one of the worst ideas ever. And judging by the preview link posted above, it looks like epic (purple) mount can NOT be use in combat, only legendary (orange) ones can. Which means more AD sink. Ugh.
  • balthezar2balthezar2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ok, so it will never happen, but I would love to see my HR on her Hellhound, shooting arrows while the hellhound spews out fire at the one-shotting powries.

Who's with me? mwahaha
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is the worst idea yet.

Great way to further increase the gap between the haves and have nots. My once decent characters are already terrible now with little hope of improving them due to the vast amounts of AD needed that I don't have, let's just throw in another way to make people unwanted in dungeons and elsewhere.

With stuff like this, why do I even want to play? I'm not going to be able to keep up with people(And classes with no dodges or speed increases already get left behind in dungeons by people with them as it is) with this stuff except maybe on my TR and it just exacerbates the 'gotta run ahead of the group' mentality.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Really? It's a single "on use" click ability. It's not a game-changer. Just relax, people.

It's not going to make anyone without their own bucket of hurt chicken obsolete.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    4000 movement stat ?

I must hazzzz.
  • gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Really? It's a single "on use" click ability. It's not a game-changer. Just relax, people.

It's not going to make anyone without their own bucket of hurt chicken obsolete.

Yeah and the 10% movespeed doesn't matter at all either.

Horrible idea, it's hard enough to keep up with all of this p2w <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> already.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    gweddry wrote: »
    Yeah and the 10% movespeed doesn't matter at all either.

Horrible idea, it's hard enough to keep up with all of this p2w <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> already.

yeah its very hard to get that much movement speed on a reg char even with all the boons and rank 12's. thats gonna make a huge difference in pvp.
  • pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    yeah its very hard to get that much movement speed on a reg char even with all the boons and rank 12's. thats gonna make a huge difference in pvp.

Imagine all those dps and tanks in T2s swiftly moving out of all red carpets and regular swings of melee mob in T2's! :O woooot did I just say.
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Oh goodie, another way for Cryptic to reward the AD exploiters they never got rid of. Good Show!
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Combat Mounts and Guild Stronghold are already in PWE game like Forsaken. It won't take Cryptic much development effort to incorporate these features in this game. I think this is the most logical and probably the way they are going to implement such features in this game.

I don't see combat mount having any practical usage in open world PVE and doubtful Cryptic will spend time to reinvent the wheels.

Good luck with mounted pvp and Stronghold though. Only a couple of top guilds will stay as they will hardly find anybody spending so much real money to keep their strongholds active.
  • powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    If the devs are smart, they will do 1 of 2 things:

1. This mount can be placed into a mount slot, where it will provide no active bonus, and act only as a mount, or it can be placed into a companion slot, where it can only act as a companion.

2. The mount will require 1 free mount slot and 1 free active companion slot, and will simultaneously occupy both. When you aren't riding the mount, it will function exactly the same as a companion.

I like your ideas.

They may also just allow you to use your mount like an active artifact. When on-foot in combat you can press your mount key and it does the listed effect (the one from the pic would do damage) and goes on cool-down for X minutes. When combat ends the cool down timer is removed and you can use it as a mount once more.
  • loosestellaloosestella Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Imagine all those dps and tanks in T2s swiftly moving out of all red carpets and regular swings of melee mob in T2's! :O woooot did I just say.

With fast movement almost in par with mobs, I see " Slice like a ninja, Cut like a razorblade...so FAST. Ice Ice Baby"
    Yup, its as if we bought what we thought was a home (with our attention, time and for many, money) but instead it was a hotel room, and mod 6 was checkout day.