test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looks like we will be able to use mounts in combat

lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
DEYcGbG.jpg

As mentioned in the title. Plus a benefit to Movement (10% speed).

Btw, this is a Rank 4 mount. Our actual mounts are Rank 3. Are they going to add a new mount training IV so we can upgrade our legendary/epic mounts? or only the new mounts are going to be usable in combat?
fkze9t.jpg
▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
Post edited by lazaroth666 on

Comments

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Its neat and all. But Allods 2.0 is the path that has been chosen.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • methecsgodmethecsgod Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was the one who suggested mounts being used as striker companions. I have contributed enormously to humanity.
  • trpotatosyndrometrpotatosyndrome Member Posts: 110
    edited May 2015
    So now different mounts come with different active bonuses?

There will probably be a mount with a better Equip Bonus than all others. Then every sheep in this game will pick it, resulting in almost everyone having it. AKA no diversity in mounts anymore.

First it was enchantments (Negation) and now mounts too?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If the devs are smart, they will do 1 of 2 things:

1. This mount can be placed into a mount slot, where it will provide no active bonus, and act only as a mount, or it can be placed into a companion slot, where it can only act as a companion.

2. The mount will require 1 free mount slot and 1 free active companion slot, and will simultaneously occupy both. When you aren't riding the mount, it will function exactly the same as a companion.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Looks like pay 2 win. In before Artifact mounts which you need to feed with new kind of RP.
  • adisonmakadisonmak Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    If the devs are smart, they will do 1 of 2 things:

1. This mount can be placed into a mount slot, where it will provide no active bonus, and act only as a mount, or it can be placed into a companion slot, where it can only act as a companion.

2. The mount will require 1 free mount slot and 1 free active companion slot, and will simultaneously occupy both. When you aren't riding the mount, it will function exactly the same as a companion.
    Add one more...

3. Use in combat : not applicable in PvP combat.
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Is this on PTR? If this is the case thank god I did not by that Belial steed for 20 mil. Also, if devs are smart they would put this as a paid mod instead of a lock box companion, done with that monopoly.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As long as it cannot be used in pvp, idc. And to be honest, i'd rather see them fix bugs instead of creating new imbalances.

• gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    If this is the case, this would be a good oportunity for them...

1) Set up some form of test bed on the preview server to make sure something new like this is working properly.God knows we don't need something else gumming up the works ok n the live server.
    2) Blog it up... Let players know what new goodies are coming. Will there be an option to upgrade previous mounts with the new functionality? Also, by generating up hype for the new toys it may promote more positive spending (especially if players have an option to try the new mechanics out on the Preview server).

I agree with this, the weeks I was on PTR testing Paladin, non of the dungeons worked and none of the Paladin bugs were fixed before release, while I don' t mind the use of this in PvP, please test it to the fullest before putting in the game, as I can see Speedy Gonzales Rogues running around using hit and run tactics.

Err, I just realized this **** is from a lock box so this thread and everything we type out will fall on deaf ears, and of course it will over powered because they want you to spend that $500-600 real world to get this **** from the lock boxes.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nice, everyone will clone a mount they find overpowered. Pish >.>
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Btw, this is a Rank 4 mount. Our actual mounts are Rank 3. Are they going to add a new mount training IV so we can upgrade our legendary/epic mounts? or only the new mounts are going to be usable in combat?

Well that would really be bad. I hope they at least have the decency to upgrade my unicorn then... Sylph and other purple companions from packs are already not bis anymore, now it's time for the mounts?
  • eocrooseocroos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just to add Symbol of Fire is the artifact that will be added to the new lockbox
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In my opinion they are searshing way to attract more people on the mount interest, ok no problem with new features for mounts, but they should think about what they design as mounts, especially the legendary and may be later the mythic one because there are absolutely no legendary mounts who seems legendary for me atm considering the epic ones avaibale.

I think most of the players will want a legendary or mythic mount when you see someone on it
    > WOW, impressive.
    I don't think a bulette and a giant chocobo is something people need to feel the legendary-mythic side.

A mini game with mounts or the possibility to loot some "mount-dye" in dungeons will be also awsome.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've always wanted to be able to fight alongside my mounts, so this does have some interest for me. The big determining factor will be how, precisely, it is implemented.

If this does *not* prohibit having some other companion summoned, and you can now have 2 companions out, then this will unbalance things, IMO.

If this type of companion is *only* available via a lockbox, then I will most likely pass on it - I do tend to open a token 10 lockboxes when a new one is introduced, but I go into that endeavor not expecting to get anything much, so I don't come away from it disheartened.

Personally, I think the best implementation would be in the form of a "pack", much like the Hunter Ranger, Scourge Warlock, or Paladin ones; Offer a pack for 3500 Zen which unlocks an account-wide companion-mount, (at least rank 3, less for lower ranks). Also offer single-character ones, which are reasonably priced, given the speed, powers, and other bonuses it offers. I also think having such a companion occupy BOTH an active companion slot and your mount slot, would also be best.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • glartyglarty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ryan got his wish it seems.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/2kphsw/hi_reddit_my_name_is_ryan_and_i_am_the_product/
    If you had a free pass to add any one thing to the game, what would it be, and what do you think it would add to the gameplay?
    [–]PWE_CommunityOfficial 5 points 6 months ago
    Free pass to add any one thing to the game... Mounted combat. I feel like the setting and style of the game is pretty well suited for it and I would want to see the crazy powers that some of the mounts were capable of (specifically thinking of Gelatinous Cube).
    permalinkparent
    [–]CBruce 2 points 6 months ago
    Mounted combat.
    chuckles
    permalinkparent
    [–]TinyArtsy 1 point 6 months ago
    Gelatinous Cube: digests its 'rider' over time.
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Call me cautious but I wouldn't be expecting mounted combat based on the text description. It's not much to go on but reads more like an artifact type effect, i.e. push mount button whilst in combat, get x effect.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not sure I'd like it. It'll probably be bug-fest / exploit-o-rama again for quite some while. :^/
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why not to implement mount mechanics with stamina and variable speed?

How about different terrain ground resistance on normal roads and swamps?

Instead receive vanity feature to use by 1% of player base to get some advantage which hard to name "skill".
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Call me cautious but I wouldn't be expecting mounted combat based on the text description. It's not much to go on but reads more like an artifact type effect, i.e. push mount button whilst in combat, get x effect.

It's almost certainly what it is. When you're in combat now, the mount button is greyed out...you'll probably have the option to use it in combat (with some sort of CD) and it just delivers an "artifact like" attack.

It still has the "Get hit x times in combat..." and get dismounted text.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Have to agree does look like an effect and not a true mount combat option as would have been said. Looks like a power like an artifact would have.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    methecsgod wrote: »
    I was the one who suggested mounts being used as striker companions. I have contributed enormously to humanity.

You weren't the only one. I did as well but as long as it's now a thing, I don't care who gets the credit.
    I aim to misbehave
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    It's almost certainly what it is. When you're in combat now, the mount button is greyed out...you'll probably have the option to use it in combat (with some sort of CD) and it just delivers an "artifact like" attack.

Agree. Also the Legendary mounts needed something to set them apart from the Epic mounts. (they're both 110%) I think this 'combat effect' is just that.

All mounts when upgraded to Legendary will eventually have an attack animation, and thus impetus for us to upgrade our mounts further. ;D Can we buy a legendary upgrade kit from the mount vendor already?
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Use your mount in Combat and Mounted in Combat are 2 different things. Just looks like another artefact. Be done with mount training manuals and just make us refine mounts already.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This^. Combat mounts, then earring slots: 1 free and 1 you buy and then Death penalty removed with item costing ZEN/AD... sounds way to familiar and smells like paying for power. Wrong way Neverwinter, halt immediately and think again!

I have to agree.. to much effing junk going on lately, I dont like it at all.

Its already too late, they spent time, its going to introduced.

They cant EVEN effing fix half the effing garbage going on they DO not listen to veteren panals on preview.. they DIDNT EVEN bother to PASS through the DC class powers, ONCE for the entire preview time frame, even AFTER repeated request s to fix things.

I cant , just cant care.. thats why money stays in my pocket.

My apathy level is at a whole time high atm.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dude if its any faster than my mount im gonna be pissed. im done spending money on this game i dont need another 50 dollar mount.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I hope they add this functionality to all the current legendary mounts as well. Makes the orange quality mean something.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    DEYcGbG.jpg
    Interesting to say the least...
    va8Ru.gif
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    As well as a 60 sec recharge time, so you're probably right.

Idk.. this could make PvP a big mess as it would only further increase the difference between a wallet warrior and a normal player. For PvE I can see this happening. But as with anything in this game, I'm opposed to this feature coming exclusively from a lockbox. RNGesus' rule in this game is horrible enough as it is. I wouldn't mind a training manual or mount armor at the WB for it, but I'd prefer something like this to be available for everyone through a quest of some sort on 1 mount per character and perhaps purchasable for how many others people have.

@ blackwolf:
    It very well might be since it has a higher rank than the mounts we currently have. But since it still has ?? at the movement speed, let's wait for more info before we wet our pants. For all we know, R4 is just the attack feature enabled on the current orange mounts.

i agree i do hope its just the feature.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can we use our current mount?

I will not lose Blueberry
  • k3ll0k3ll0 Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If I want mounted combat I'll just boot up good old Mount & Blade Warband. :|