Install Arc
Options

Vote Kicking Feedback Thread (PC)

Comments

• Options
    jnmlvnjnmlvn Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2015
    quotable wrote: »
    I once got kicked from a group for rolling greed on too many greens. Yes, greens, not blues or purples. And yes, rolling greed, not need.

Were you one of those people who are constantly picking up each and every loot (regardless of color) right in the middle of combat so the whole screen fills up with the picked-up items and thus block players' view of the live combat happening right there and then?

I personally would find that annoying too. I've never kicked any of them though, and the thought never even crossed my mind. I only ask for those types of players to please loot after combat ends and all the enemies are dead, not during combat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jnmlvnjnmlvn Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    One statement and one question here. First of all, it is a selfish move to let the rude high GS player carry the team to a victory and kick him after the fight. If he is untolerable, just kick him.

The question is, what is concidered 'rude'. For example, in PUG ESOT runs, most ppl cant tank the boss. When I do a PUG run and no one can tank the boss or I end up with the boss aggro no matter what, I suggest, that I will tank the boss. I did it with CW, DC, TR, GWF and HR. To tank him without problems I need 90° around the boss to be free of red areas and one player in range, so I ask for it.

After a few more fails, I state again, that obviously no one else is able to tank and ask again, to do it my way. Most of the times ppl see, that doing it without tank or tactic does not work and do as I asked.

Sometimes it does not work out, bc some ppl either dont speak english or care about tactics. If and when this happened, I suggested, that they either suggest something else or do it my way. What is 'rude' in this situation? Killing off all other players on purpose, to solo the boss? Telling them, that you will leave the group, if they are unable to handle some basic tactics? Leave? Saying that their behavior is stupid?

I sometimes wonder, what players expect from other players. Be respectful, ok. Explain problems, ok. suggest solutions, ok. Tolerate bad tactics, playstyle or lack of understanding in infinitum, no.

My experience was the exact opposite of your description: the high GS player was the one making all the calls and ordering everyone around. It was evident that his tactics weren't working and that all us other players were getting killed needlessly due to his stubbornness.

Us, his entire party, were trying to explain to him that we perhaps should try another tactic as the one he keeps on insisting is evidently NOT working. The party's DC kept on being forced to practically rescue him again and again as he was constantly dying by staying in reds thinking he can survive the blows. This left the rest of the party exposed with the DC just forced to focus on the super-ego with the high GS to prevent him from dying, in which after our DC is killed again and again then after, the whole party falls to bits.

At first we were quiet and just let him carry on even though we were all dying again and again as we were forever running around and exhausting all of our dodges but after following his failed tactics over 15 times we started making suggestions as to how it can be improved but he wouldn't listen. So then other members started trying to do it their own way and we actually got a bit farther and survived longer in the fight than using the high-GS player's lame tactics. So then he became even more rude and eventually our CW and DC at the time started to suggest that we just kick him after defeating the boss. I can't blame them for suggesting so.

This was in epic Grey Wolf Den, 2 years ago now. And this was the ONLY instance that a mutiny had happened in a party that I was in at the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spaggotryspaggotry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    That would mean...

...you'd have to gather your stuff directly from dungeons/boss chests
    ...death to the AH (bar enchantments and lockbox stuff), and hence a lot less need for AD.
    ...breakdown of the economy for different reasons.

This way has been taken in D3, and AFAIK, it hasn't really boosted their playerbase...

And D3 has a lot greater loot variety - something fairly lacking in NWO.
    all I can say is that it's been fine in DCUO, where almost there is almost no economy and almost the entire game's gearing is from vendors via currency or personal loot drops. only the occasional really rare drop is BoE and that really helps keep one more obnoxious element out of the game.

I put up with it in NWO because it's really fun, but I do hate it when you can buy level-cap gear on the AH.
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    spaggotry wrote: »
    I am totally in favor of everything going BoP. I would happily accept that.

want AD? Salvage.

But Salvage is limited to X amount refinement limit per day. Selling it on the AH gives refined AD.
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    quotable wrote: »
    I once got kicked from a group for rolling greed on too many greens. Yes, greens, not blues or purples. And yes, rolling greed, not need.

Need or greed on green gear is the same thing, no one cares about it and 99% of players would pass.

I bet everyone else in the group passed. And eventually they got so fed up with you picking up all the useless green gear they all voted you off. Not only is it totally annoying, but green gear is a waste of time. The ID scrolls needed to ID them cost as much as they would bring you if you sold them on the AH. And they only give 100 RP if you used them on artifact gear which is a terrible idea since for the AD cost of the ID scroll you could buy RP items off the AH for less. And the same arguments apply for vendoring them into silver, not to mention gold is useless and ubiquitous enough from regular gameplay that no seasoned level 60 needs to dumpster dive for green gear to vendor.

So, why were you picking up all the green gear and making everyone have to roll pass on them?
  • Options
    spaggotryspaggotry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    But Salvage is limited to X amount refinement limit per day. Selling it on the AH gives refined AD.
    that'll help slow the pace of inflation. probably a good thing.
  • Options
    zroi0007zroi0007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    make it so that when you start a final boss fight, I.E transition into the room that the leader is no longer allowed to kick party members, if they haven't kicked them by now then clearly there was no problem with said player during the dungeon in question.

Either that or make it so if someone kicks everyone besides the dude on his friends list that he gets banned for 2 weeks.
    I spent hour getting to the boss and get kicked after using all my best potions(not the first time). Thanks for the double astral diamonds, i'll never get any. This game is so frustrating. Why do I even try?
  • Options
    jw6719001jw6719001 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello there. This might not be the right place on the forum to post it, If it's not then please move it. :)

Ok so i started playing Neverwinter for like a week ago, I finally reached lvl 70 and got myself to 1600+ ilvl, Now there is a problem tho, im stuck right here and i can't seem to find a way around it, the problem is that some players seem to abuse the votekicking system to get their friends or w/e into the dungeons to farm or exploit the loot, I find it VERY difficult to actually gear up when this keeps happening it doesn't make me very happy either.
    I got one question about this abusive behavior, how can we fight it? It's unfair.. maybe if it's possible to add some kind of Cooldown to the votekick button if a player recently joined?

I want to know if someone else has experienced this before, please let me know!
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    it's stupid, it should be disabled, and there should be a leaver penalty for leaving a dungeon group, same as a pvp group.

people are using it to grief. vote spamming until they get the "perfect" group. how about no, you make the group first, then join the Q. otherwise you play with what you get. I find it fascinating how players will sit there, sometimes for 20-30 minutes, constantly kicking everyone instead of just TRYING the boss or whatever. it's not called Nevervoter Online. PLAY THE * GAME!
  • Options
    mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    join a Guild that can bost you in elol, to get t1 gear, or no Life pvp for the first pvp set, ( i did pvp) took 1 week)

module 6 is super hard, so only because you got 1600 total level, dosent mean you can do a dungeon, i got 2,3k total level, i still get kicked from some dungeons,

like i said, pvp or Guild/ + get enchantmen rank 7, for more levels
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    #2 - I really like the idea of gathering a party before hitting the Queue! How and where could we get the devs to actually implement something like this? I mean it's worth a try right?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    #3 - Hmm yeah i have been looking into that, i have not found any guilds that fits me tho, not yet atleast.
    And yeah i have also tried pvp i have not got the hung of it yet tho. xD
    And yeah i'd get enchantments if i weren't broke haha.
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jw6719001 wrote: »
    #2 - I really like the idea of gathering a party before hitting the Queue! How and where could we get the devs to actually implement something like this? I mean it's worth a try right?

you can do this since launch...
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    #6 - No i don't mean like random queues, I mean restricted party only queues. For example, if you're solo you can't queue, if you're in a full party then you can. I thought that was what you meant.

But sure that would make players forced into guilds... and be social.
  • Options
    riki3742riki3742 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Unless theres a valid reason to votekick I vote no, maybe the person initiating the votekick will leave.
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    it's stupid, it should be disabled, and there should be a leaver penalty for leaving a dungeon group, same as a pvp group.

people are using it to grief. vote spamming until they get the "perfect" group. how about no, you make the group first, then join the Q. otherwise you play with what you get. I find it fascinating how players will sit there, sometimes for 20-30 minutes, constantly kicking everyone instead of just TRYING the boss or whatever. it's not called Nevervoter Online. PLAY THE * GAME!

^ This, pretty much. There's no reason why we should have vote kick in public group. We only need afk detection. Take your elitism to private groups and you can kick yourself all you want.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i agree with Qus, vote should be triggered only if someone is afk if more than 3 minutes, if anyone engaged in combat, it happen to me when i was last guy in last boss tanking and i did successfully still surviving when boss was down to 20%, and i got boot-vote kicked out in middle of combat.
    that was in Shore of Tuern run, after both rage drakes are dead. i never understood why they booted me out, i was winning, i just assumed they want best rewards and i get burned for all those wasted potions consumed, i was playing my GF.

what we need a "proper" vote, only boot if there is afk, and anyone still in combat or managing inventory packs, it get filled fast, those "vote" wont work unless if i am afk.

we need to stop those vote griefings. other groups who voted should ask intended player if it is not right class they need.

this is Devs' biggest problem, they designed as random 5 players, and random players who "QUE'ed" and get screwed out for not having a tank or a healer when a group needed, now some groups only want 5 CWs or 4 GWF and 1 SW groups? it is the flaw they made. do they want to make it harder or scaled the difficulty?
    sometimes when we get healers, but often they went DPSing instead of healing others.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?918891-New-option-in-vote-kicking

And yes, they should change the vote kick, to only work in groups you build by yourself. In public groups, a vote kick should only work, if you don't actually participate or you are afk for x minutes.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    90% of times...

>Queue for eLoL
    You get in the group, right before the Lostmauth fight. You see your party standing around. What gives? Oh right, the quest tracker says "Defeat Dragonsoul Veshal". Grats, you've joined a bugged instance. At least 7/10 of your queues will result in this.

>Queue for VT
    You get in the group. Not even at Valindra yet. You're making your way to the Construct boss fight. Crippling lag. Right before the boss, crippling lag. Get to the Construct fight. Crippling lag. Up until Valindra's door. Crippling lag.
    Either that, or you get the 1 guy in the party who wants to vote kick everyone because "low dps" or "low hp" or "^<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>@!$!#<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>".

>Queue for Malabog's Castle
    Lol.

>Queue for eCC, eGWD, or eToS
    Merry-go-round of people joining and leaving because
    -"No tank"
    -"No cleric"
    -"People below 3.5k GS"

On a more related note, no, we don't need to do away with the votekick feature or impose a penalty on leaving a group.
    Some groups are unsalvageable. On top of that, we have a ****ty matchmaking queue. On top of that, dungeons are still bugged.
    On top of that, we're working with a ****ty community.
    Hell, I queue'd for eToS on my 2.5k SW and got yelled at by a DC who was mad that I was 1m damage behind a CW with nearly 1k higher ilvl than me.
    Ban 50% of the community, fix matchmaking, and I'll be happy to go without a votekick system.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    walk2k wrote: »

I agree with that. Especially healers are cherry picking their groups. Also some people are leaving if you are not at the last boss already, they just want the chest. Unfortunately the dungeons also bug out somtimes and you have to leave, that needs to be fixed first before any leaver penalty is introduced.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jw6719001 wrote: »
    #6 - No i don't mean like random queues, I mean restricted party only queues. For example, if you're solo you can't queue, if you're in a full party then you can. I thought that was what you meant.

But sure that would make players forced into guilds... and be social.

Ok, to form a non random group you can press the interact button on a person and press invite to party. Once you have a group of 5 people, you can then random queue with them and if you all meet the requirements the game will put you into a dungeon together. If you don't want to have to go to the hassle of forming the party yourself, then use looking for group in protector's enclave. Now, if you join either a strong guild or a chat channel like legit, You can form groups with friendlier people then lfg, so always take that into account. There has always been vote kick abuse in random groups and there always will be, its not something easily fixable by the devs, but, quite honsetly, random grouping should be your absolutely last resort to forming groups anyhow. For me, I go friends list> nwc channel> legit channel> lfg> random queue.

A note though, they generally aren't vote kicking because of ilvl, as when you inspect someone it shows your own. They are normally vote kicking based off class and if it is off gear it will be because you do not have 4 artifacts/green gear. Whilst this is still not fair, at least it isn't because they reading some mystical number and determining something from it.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    About bugged instances: eLoL is bugged only if people used exploits in it. Of course, they are, so blame them, not the game. I play legit and never have a bugged instance.

To OP: join a guild, there's no valid reason to use the public queue unless you like joining the worst players in the game or want to have a good laugh at how bad they are.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    About bugged instances: eLoL is bugged only if people used exploits in it. Of course, they are, so blame them, not the game. I play legit and never have a bugged instance.

To OP: join a guild, there's no valid reason to use the public queue unless you like joining the worst players in the game or want to have a good laugh at how bad they are.

Thats not true, sometimes when running legit 1 player will lag out and get disconnected, then get teleported to last campfire when they reenter. I have had this happen to players in groups that I have been in. Its not something intentional and yet from that point on the instance is bugged as you are either at boss 1 or 2 and there is no way for that player to rejoin you as since the new campfire is activated, gmhelp only teleports you or him to the final campfire. New players entering also only go to the last campfire.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Actually, there was an incident that I watched happen from chat. My guild was I think putting together an eLoL run and had to PUG one player. Someone dc'd during the run and another had to be brought in.

This was before Mod 6... a week prior to the release... and none of my guild members had experienced this type of BS.

I do not remember the reasons but another person had to leave, just before the boss fight. So the party leader searched for a replacement and they got one, if I remember correctly. Just as they were about to fight the boss, the 2 remaining guild members we voted out of the party. Essentially their instance was hijacked by players who thought it was a good idea to do this.

It was sickening to hear that this was done to anyone and now I her that it is becoming a practice.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Alternatively...

You all can join http://nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/
    NW legit Community.

It's a private in-game channel in which people who like to have fun playing form legit groups and run stuff grief free.
    Exchange build info and tips.

Just sign up.

Then apply for a channel invite through the forum.
    Took about 10-18 hours for the invite to pop up in-game.

Trust me.

You'll get some peace of mind and rarely run with PUGs again.
  • Options
    tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here are some changes that I think would be ideal to the current queue / dungeon system:

1. No kicking is allowed after first boss is defeated.
    2. If someone is offline for more than 5 minutes, group can then kick.
    3. Allow invite in dungeon, in case someone leaves / takes off.
    4. Once a dungeon starts, remove the instance from queue system. Avoids queuing into half-finished, broken, bugged instances.
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Or even simpler:
    1. Don't allow anyone but the party leader to initiate a kick against non-leaders and don't count his/her vote in the process. Non-leaders can only vote to kick the leader. Again, don't count the initiator's vote. After all, that person made their opinion quite clear already by initiating the vote. Make sure that leader selection is 100% random, regardless of any existing pre-mades joining/starting the party.
    2. When you are leader, use your head and don't pass lead to anyone asking for it. There's no reason they should get it. "I can invite someone" should be met with "gimme the guy's @handle&quot;. After the run, put the person that asked for lead on ignore.
    3. Don't allow ignored people to party eachother. First come, first serve.

4. when all else fails, join /legit. You won't find anyone with that attitude there.

I do agree with all your thoughts mate:)

If i may i would add only a few of my ideas too.

1. Never let the kicking happen at the end of any battle, before the chest.

Since the new harsh changes introduced in Mod 6 i personally witnessed or was the victim of such things. Today i carried a group through eLOL, they had no GF, so i did my humble work as a GWF and before chest bamm i was kicked. I was so angry, had to log off to let my head cool down.

2. The ignoring part you mentioned mate should work in both PVE and PVP. It's such a pain to see those nasty kickers, cheaters again and be forced to go along with them. This happened to me a few weeks ago, when one of my friends brought along her friend, who was on my ignore list and a i had to take her off, just to be able to plan the strategics for VT. The shock came soon, as the fight was over i had to here her elitist <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> again, so back to ignore.

In PVP those on your ignore list can do even more harm, like play the traitor, jump out or go passive just to make your life harder or even kick you from team and let you suffer 30 mins.

While your suggestions are all good, i think the Devs should implement it in the game, so beginners and people in desperate need of a group can't be victimized.

Overall this is one of the biggest problems besides the 1 shot trash mobs for most people, the kicking is insane nowadays. It's hard enough if you aren't a DC, GF/Pali, CW with Mod 6 to find a group to run with and then waiting 50 mins or more just to be kicked in the best part after your hard work and commitment can ruin a game day totally, especially if you have the chest in eye sight.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Was Queued for GG came up let me select to play started going to map disconnected server logged back on shows me on top pf stairs in Protector's enclave and party member's on screen no way to return to instance tried everything severval minutes noticed players taking damage nothing Icould do. l Logged out and back on then got a message saying I was banned from queuing any more due to left group. This was not my fault but server disconnect now it wont let me que anything just says you are banned. Now am banned from game on only day have off. this may be my last straw

jhp